What's with people spawning dead branch monsters everywhere in newb areas? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with people spawning dead branch monsters everywhere in newb areas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 crystalshine

crystalshine

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to iRO official server, thought I'd give it a go. But man, the struggle is real I'm only a lvl 13 archer just started today and I can't hunt anywhere in Payon (I used my last golden wing on this place :( ...).
There's dead branch monsters everywhere like where tf am I supposed to go I just die all the time ??? 
There's monsters in pay_fild01, pay_fild07, pay_fild08 and pay_fild02...and some moc filds. Even when I finally get past a stupid dragon wing by luring it away from the entrance, or immediately pop a fly wing after going into one of the fields (bc all the dead branch monsters are at the entrance) people port around the map to find me, spawn a dead branch monster and port away so they aggro me and I die like wtf.. 

Also no one in the towns even talk although there's a bunch of people around. What gives? Is it better to just play on a private server lol...

Edited by crystalshine, 24 September 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#2 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

yeah this is a serious problem we need that jumping janeway for this kind of situation... pretty please...

#3 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to iRO official server, thought I'd give it a go. But man, the struggle is real I'm only a lvl 13 archer just started today and I can't hunt anywhere in Payon (I used my last golden wing on this place :( ...).
There's dead branch monsters everywhere like where tf am I supposed to go I just die all the time ??? 
There's monsters in pay_fild01, pay_fild07, pay_fild08 and pay_fild02...and some moc filds. Even when I finally get past a stupid dragon wing by luring it away from the entrance, or immediately pop a fly wing after going into one of the fields (bc all the dead branch monsters are at the entrance) people port around the map to find me, spawn a dead branch monster and port away so they aggro me and I die like wtf.. 

Also no one in the towns even talk although there's a bunch of people around. What gives? Is it better to just play on a private server lol...

Some people are stupid enough to think that they can really hurt botters by using Dead Branches to summon monsters on those maps and totally ignore that they hurt legit players.

The best way to deal with this as a player would be going to other maps like Payon Cave 1 (since you are in Payon already) or the fields around Geffen. Those are maps I have never seen DBs on yet.

yeah this is a serious problem we need that jumping janeway for this kind of situation... pretty please...

There are enough other places where you can level that I have not seen DBed yet, so definetly no.

Disabling DBs and Amulets on those maps would be way better to deal with this problem.

#4 Sorakie

Sorakie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

I was trying to level alts we got forced to go somewhere else since this guy didn't give up.

The genetic was trolling everyone since we can't tell name I'll *Zip* Myself.

#5 Riean123

Riean123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

just change your leveling spot  :heh:

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

Well they do this to kill off bots, it actually works to some extent and I for once saw 10-20 bots lying on the field of Payon, slain by a zombie slaughter and a group of gargoyles. If you want to level up an alt there, just use your main to kill them off, I did this with my lv.170 warlock and its a piece of cake. Or like the posters above suggested, you are welcome to change into another map.

#7 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

I've created around 6 alts recently and I never had any problem with DB spamming maps.

#8 siapasaja

siapasaja

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

i got pm from new player need clear area -> i killed monster from DB -> i got pm " ill report you, u help bot"

*i am confused @@

#9 XxCubanLegendxX

XxCubanLegendxX

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:06 AM

Hey guys,

Also no one in the towns even talk although there's a bunch of people around. What gives? Is it better to just play on a private server Notal

Nostalgia  :sob: . It reminds me of when people would DB on the south map of Prontera back in iRO's early 2000s. But like everyone said, just change your leveling map. There are plenty to choose from.

Edited by XxCubanLegendxX, 26 September 2017 - 04:09 AM.

#10 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:33 AM

i got pm from new player need clear area -> i killed monster from DB -> i got pm " ill report you, u help bot"

*i am confused @@

Its a shame you received such harassment. But anyway, ignore the whiners, stupid people dont deserve your attention really. There no way they can get you banned for clearing summoned monsters from DB/EB/BB, GM wont even bother responding to their reports lol.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 September 2017 - 05:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users