flame dragon armor available cards to put? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

flame dragon armor available cards to put?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 walkingdoods

walkingdoods

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

so i got my hands on this armor., i need a card to put for over all mvp purposes like i go inside intances like faceworm, ogh, hunt garm, stormy, orc jero, orc lord, nightmare amonra, angeling, ghostring, deviling, baphomet, dark lord, prekoni, and all mvp and instance , please no MVP card suggestion because im only a newbie :-(

#2 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

Watcher for damage , evil Druid for def

#3 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

so i got my hands on this armor., i need a card to put for over all mvp purposes like i go inside intances like faceworm, ogh, hunt garm, stormy, orc jero, orc lord, nightmare amonra, angeling, ghostring, deviling, baphomet, dark lord, prekoni, and all mvp and instance , please no MVP card suggestion because im only a newbie :-(

you cannot use 1 armor for all MVP, there is a reason people use armors of different elements. There is no such thing as 1 card for everything.

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:14 AM

Any cards which effect suit you best or matches your priority or build or class.

You can always getting more copies of Flame Dragon Armor as long there's still supplier selling out there, the question is whether you could afford more copies of this armor with various cards that match your necessities or not :heh:

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

newbie cant have everything dear...

i suggest elementals for some situation

#6 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Newbies nowadays got deep real $ pockets and most likely could afford varieties high tier non-account bound gears :heh:

Greetings to you adults with high paying professions like rocket scientist, investment bankers, doctors, silly valley engineers, or some tycoon kiddies with unlimited cash from their loving parents, all of these people got addicted to this 15 years old MMORPG and expecting to relive less grindy memories from their childhood days with some renewal thingies :heh:

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

screw me, im just a supply chain manager who barely alive every month

#8 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

For you it's special case Fuyu I'm pretty sure even if you don't cash, your in game wealth from spamming in game contents from some years ago could set you afloat just fine. :heh:

You're just being generous with the game P2W contents and voluntarily choose to spend some of your real money, and that "barely alive" expression indicating a modest down to earth person, just like bill gates that choose to wear 10$ casio wristwatch when he could afford million$ rolex :P

#9 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

I was lucky and got a few FDA in my OCPs, but I will only keep two of them. One I carded with Evil Druid and the other with Bathory. You also need Water, Wind, Fire, Poison and Holy in the endgame but I have them in other armors, there is absolutely no need to have sets of FDAs. I mainly do Faceworm/NTF/ET.

#10 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

angeling card

#11 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

there's no general card for all mvp's, the one i would put would be Evil Druid, cause it's useful for many instances like faceworm, ogh, ntf, isle of bios maybe some other, but you can't really use it if the monster has strong fire attack or if you need other element armor, so, it's very situational, depends on what you need on most the mvp's you kill.

#12 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

i prefer bathory over ED honestly. fire element was mentioned, but dont forget water element also doing more dmg to your undead-ness. its weak to both. people use evil druid for stone curse too.. but honestly, if you're soloing a monster whats the point? 1 hit and from the enemy and you get knocked out of stone curse anyway. same with insomniacs really. 1 hit and your sleep is canceled. (unless its against bee and you have a tank). shadow reduces dmg from the 4 main elements, poison, other shadow attacks of course, and is average resist against ghost/undead types. you still have to fear holy attacks/monsters while wearing it, but if you study the skills of the monsters you're fighting that wont be a problem to figure out.

but there simply aren't that many holy monsters in this game for it to be an issue.
unknown.png

also to be noted is that in places like NTF.. kimi may be undead/ghost, but she still uses 2 strong shadow attacks that can really wreck you. ive personally tested carding an EDA with bathory on a 140 painkiller gen midfight with her and watched her dmg be reduced and my survival rate go from uncertain to 100% gonna live. amdarais in OGH also uses many shadow-based attacks as well. i havent ever tested a shadow armor against FW, but it could prove useful since every element she throws at you is weak against shadow.. especially poison. charleston uses only fire/wind magic and its not even really strong without a shadow armor so you would be safe there too. multiple mvp's in central labs use shadow based attacks, or magic that is weak to shadow, but be careful to check the skill list in divine-pride.net because some monsters like bishop (who is shadow/demon) can use holy attacks. again, check the skill list of the monsters you intend to fight ahead of time.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

outdated list lol

#14 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

ED also acts as an unfrozen so it comes in very handy. Also if you evil armor in faceworm, you will die to mob and againt boss i see no reason to use evil armor better of use the poison 10% bonus armor with Porcellio card. Also the 4 main elements you stated they all do zero damage if you use undead so i dont see why evil is better than undead. The water atk from MVPs is mostly water ball and no matter what armor it is unless water you will die to it, so u taking slightly less damage than undead because of evil armor point is also irrelevant.

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 25 September 2017 - 01:36 AM.

#15 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

i prefer bathory over ED honestly. fire element was mentioned, but dont forget water element also doing more dmg to your undead-ness. its weak to both. people use evil druid for stone curse too.. but honestly, if you're soloing a monster whats the point? 1 hit and from the enemy and you get knocked out of stone curse anyway. same with insomniacs really. 1 hit and your sleep is canceled. (unless its against bee and you have a tank). shadow reduces dmg from the 4 main elements, poison, other shadow attacks of course, and is average resist against ghost/undead types. you still have to fear holy attacks/monsters while wearing it, but if you study the skills of the monsters you're fighting that wont be a problem to figure out.

but there simply aren't that many holy monsters in this game for it to be an issue.
unknown.png

also to be noted is that in places like NTF.. kimi may be undead/ghost, but she still uses 2 strong shadow attacks that can really wreck you. ive personally tested carding an EDA with bathory on a 140 painkiller gen midfight with her and watched her dmg be reduced and my survival rate go from uncertain to 100% gonna live. amdarais in OGH also uses many shadow-based attacks as well. i havent ever tested a shadow armor against FW, but it could prove useful since every element she throws at you is weak against shadow.. especially poison. charleston uses only fire/wind magic and its not even really strong without a shadow armor so you would be safe there too. multiple mvp's in central labs use shadow based attacks, or magic that is weak to shadow, but be careful to check the skill list in divine-pride.net because some monsters like bishop (who is shadow/demon) can use holy attacks. again, check the skill list of the monsters you intend to fight ahead of time.

Umm elemental armor is always level 1 right?

Edited by YongkySH, 25 September 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

players cant have higher than lv1 element, no matter what

#17 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:11 AM

Umm elemental armor is always level 1 right?

i had heard this a long time ago but was looking around for solid information to confirm before i made the post and couldn't find it.

outdated list lol

+ RG & AB. fixed :P

#18 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

level 1 only i tried a test many years ago about this matter player gets only level 1 elemental for armors

#19 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

What is the difference between Abusive Str6 (hence 20% attack) and flame dragon armor (+20% damage to boss monsters) with the exception of flame dragons hit bonus?

Edited by SeikenDensetsu, 25 September 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

STR

And abusive works on anything, Flame Dragon Armor is Boss protocol only.

#21 LudovicusHuppert

LudovicusHuppert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

IDK how to paste images here, so i'll just put links.

Here's the undead chart: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Undead

Here's the shadow chart: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Shadow

Just to make sure we are on the same page, afaik humans can only have lv1 elemental armors.

Lv1 Undead doesn't increase water attacks dmg, only fire and holy.

Undead makes you immune to freeze, stone curse, and makes you able to walk through fire walls.

It also makes you *immune* to Poison/Undead/Shadow attacks, while shadow property makes you *immune* to Undead/Shadow (with 50% reduction to poison and 25% to ghost, also slightly increasing holy attacks).

Now, my thoughts on it are:

I like undead armors rather than evil ones for a few instances, but you can't really use it everywhere, nor with just any character.

OGH:

imo undead is necessary for the 1st MVP (Root of Corruption, i think), as it stone curses you. I usually do instances with GX, and as it has high flee, it sometimes can take a while for them to take me out of stone curse. As for the rest of the instance either evil or undead doesn't make any difference, except for the 2 commanders and Amdarais. But then, using evil druid or bathory only makes difference against those 3 if you are low lv (such as 130ish). Using Undead on amdarais might get you one shot by magnum break if you are low lv, but if you are lv160+, it doesn't make enough of a difference for you to die, so Evil Druid might be enough in this situation (Amdarais, and the 2 commanders have magnum break, and other evil attacks, while the normal monsters have only evil attacks).

NTF:

Similarly to the first boss of OGH, Celine Kimi stone curses you, i usually do NTF with GX, which has high flee, and it may take a little while for them to be able to hit me, so ED helps in there. There's no down side in using ED in NTF afaik, so there are more reasons to use it than not use it.

FW:

In this instance all the monsters (except the boss, as it can change its own property) are poison type, and have poison attack. Bathory only reduce poison attack to 50%, while ED reduces it completely, so it wins here.

Btw, even tho both +7FDA and Venomous Insect Armor supposedly increase 10% of ur dmg, from what i tested, a venomous armor increases you dmg slightly more than a +7 FDA against FWQueen. idk about a +9FDA, but i expect it to be better than Venomous Armor. Venomous Armor is still beter against the mobs though, and you can put some other card for attack or survivability in it.

These are the only instance i really do, so i can't really talk about anything else. As someone else said, you can't really have only 1 armor for literally everything. I usually take 4 different armors to faceworm just for the boss, when i do OGH with low lv gxs i usually go with 2 armors, i also have a few specific armors for some other specific maps or instances. But i think that the armor card you can use the most, for a lot of places, is Evil Druid (as long as you don't mind about not being able to be ressed or healed, aka solo player). I got 2 FDA myself, one i put ED card for the above listed instances, and the other one i put Pasana, just for Bakonawa. If you wanna fight holy monsters, both ED and Bathory will be a bit of a problem for you, and i recommend an Angeling carded armor specifically for those monsters, or a Kirin Armor.

I hope this helped a bit

#22 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Ash, and Ludo for your detailed answer! =)

Edited by SeikenDensetsu, 25 September 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#23 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Really great answer Ludo! 

Indeed +9FDA ED is better than +4 Venomous Insect Armor Porcellio carded against FWQueen. For the normal mobs I default the Venomous and the mini-bosses I use the +9FDA ED or Azure armor if low level.

The HIT bonus of +9FDA ED in NTF is pretty good. 

Yeah, I agree with you about Bathory armor in OGH. Fireproof potion helps also.

Anyway, I made a Bathory +9 FDA to use in parties but I haven't used it yet (may sell it).

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

FDA vs VIA on faceworm will depend on how much of each you have stacked. It is possible for the VIA to beat FDA.

#25 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

Spoiler

This really helped me a lot, thx :no1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users