A short hero quest to introduce silver coins and vending machine. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A short hero quest to introduce silver coins and vending machine.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

Title says it all. Pretty self explanatory benefits in introducing new players to the game and one of the most useful features of it for them. Maybe give a few silver coins for completing it (like 5), would seem fitting.

#2 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

I like the Idea.
Alot people dont realise how much gold u can save by using the silver coins in a good way, like getting IS/RIS and Souls for it instead of wasting it.

#3 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

totally agree to that, it would help the new players or players that haven't played for years a lot.

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I would propose a counter argument even though that is an excellent idea to help new players understand that the vending machine is basically your sugar daddy. Abuse. How far in should one be going into the game so that you don't just mass create and delete characters for that quest? Its understandable that the vending machine is in both odeila and pow which is ideal for both starting races where humans can see the vending machine in odelia first and when creating a dragon kin  you would be able to see it at port of the winds. A short hero quest introducing it for both races has to be slightly farther down the line, where it can be introduced early but at the same time not abusable. Something that popcorn could take into consideration.

Some new players skip hero quests also because it doesn't give much exp. Having it be a chain off of job advancing for human class and something else for dragon kin may emphasize that vending machine a little bit more.(just helping with the idea, it doesn't have to be like that since it seems a little bit far down the line, but nevertheless not too late for humans). Or make it a purple/event quest.

Edited by Agitodesu, 25 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#5 Keiga79

Keiga79

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

I think the idea to do quests for this would be nice. Maybe the same thing for element system and ele dungeons.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

I would propose a counter argument even though that is an excellent idea to help new players understand that the vending machine is basically your sugar daddy. Abuse. How far in should one be going into the game so that you don't just mass create and delete characters for that quest? Its understandable that the vending machine is in both odeila and pow which is ideal for both starting races where humans can see the vending machine in odelia first and when creating a dragon kin you would be able to see it at port of the winds. A short hero quest introducing it for both races has to be slightly farther down the line, where it can be introduced early but at the same time not abusable. Something that popcorn could take into consideration.

Some new players skip hero quests also because it doesn't give much exp. Having it be a chain off of job advancing for human class and something else for dragon kin may emphasize that vending machine a little bit more.(just helping with the idea, it doesn't have to be like that since it seems a little bit far down the line, but nevertheless not too late for humans). Or make it a purple/event quest.

What if the quest requires the player to buy say a soul stack box from there and then on completion the quest gives 5 silver coins? That would't be abusable and the player would see the value of this thing immediately.

I think the fact that hero quests get skipped is a problem with the quests tbh, they would need some rework on the exp side as well as actually cutting a few of the more useless quest lines (convert in to normals I guess to keep the lore). Other option is to make the important quests purple as you said, that's probably easier. But that's a bit unrelated, maybe there should be another topic about that because it is an important issue, way more important than the pvp stuff it has all been about lately and actually fixable for sure. But just a hero quest would do for now. I imagine a large portion of players starting their first char do actually do the hero quests.

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

Weither it is an abuse or not will entirely depends on what level are you giving the quest. If the quest has no reward then that's perfectly fine. But if you wanna give to the players free stuff you may consider on how should it be given, and on what level it doesn't become better than farming Silver Gasha Coins with your current characters.

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

The quest would be level 1, the earlier the better in my opinion. If we go by the example I stated above, there'd be no efficient way of abusing that by creating new chars. The rate at which you kill mobs is very slow at the early levels, that together with the time of setting the silver coin farm up on each new character means it takes too long compared to any higher level player farming silver coins. But if we want to take things safe the quest could also be at lvl 25 for example, or it could have no reward.

Edited by Precrush, 26 September 2017 - 06:40 AM.

#9 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

there'd be no efficient way of abusing that by creating new chars. The rate at which you kill mobs is very slow at the early levels, that together with the time of setting the silver coin farm up on each new character means it takes too long compared to any higher level player farming silver coins.

Highly debatable. As someone that did farm Gada Coins by making multiple chars in the past, I noticed how easy it is to kill monsters at early levels. And this doesn't take much at all. An enchanted weapon, a skill, and a certain class makes it possible to kill the monsters needed for 5 Silver Gasha Coins as easily as a high leveled player with a +20 weapon.

#10 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

The idea is great, but for not being abused, they should give [Silver coins] (event) x5 and then when talking to machine to complete quest they consume the event coins and give [Soul] Event. So people can't mail trade or or sell, they will just self use, that would give Souls so they soulcraft at the beginning and to complete Julie Quest.

Edited by KyoneskeMaekho, 05 October 2017 - 11:29 PM.

#11 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:32 AM

The idea is great, but for not being abused, they should give [Silver coins] (event) x5 and then when talking to machine to complete quest they consume the event coins and give [Soul] Event. So people can't mail trade or or sell, they will just self use, that would give Souls so they soulcraft at the beginning and to complete Julie Quest.

Could do that too, would be a bit more complicated but no abuse. There's many options for how it'd be implemented, either way I feel would be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users