Completely New to the whole magic class. - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Completely New to the whole magic class.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

Hello all :yawn:

So, I've been playing RO for a year now, and now I'm really keen on playing the whole cast spells and kiting enemies tactics. I always been playing the whole physical/tank for my entire life (even back in the early 2007) and really interested in playing a mage/wizard

Currently leveling a mage right now, and about to change job classes

NOW FOR MY QUESTIONS: (sorry if my questions seems obvious or easily to look at online,but I want advice from a player who plays the class regularly)

:ani_money: I have a budget of 200M+ ish (No I dont have any GOD items or even HBP and FAW, Mostly using eden group items)

All of my money is from ink ball from last year and thats it. I dont have any means of making huges sums of zeny except when i get lucky from card drops and selling some items from my merchant

:questionmark:  1) Wizard or Sage?  Now I'm mostly a casual player. I don't plan on taking out MVP nor tackling pvp I just want to grind levels with parties (Mostly doing gramps quest). AOE support if I can, Mostly leaning to making a wizard but i want your guys opinion

:questionmark: 2) Leveling Strats? Im currently using Evilloynis leveling guide and its doing me well for a 2011 guide. I'm completely aware its gonna be difficult to level a kiting class in late games. I just want to know, how hard its gonna be for either a Sage or Wizard to level up without parties in later stages (until 80 I supposed until i get to gramps). Also if their are more updated guides.

:questionmark: 3) Cost efficient gears  Probably my biggest question. For the most part I want to invest in a magic caster because it new to me but I want to know some gears that won't cost me a fortune but still strong enough to tackle normal mobs (Solo and partying) also I have no plans in fighting  MVP's I just want an all round decent gear. Which end class that still can be viable without godlike gears  

:questionmark: 4) Overall Fun Fun Is subjective so I'll just say I'm the type of guys who mostly like to do "Tl" with parties or tackling 1v1 solo mobs and still strong enough to keep my enemy far away as possible (Mob control if you would) killing them before they hit me

Sorry if its long but since Im all new to this magic things. I can't help, asking some questions :thx:

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

:questionmark:  1) Wizard or Sage?  Now I'm mostly a casual player. I don't plan on taking out MVP nor tackling pvp I just want to grind levels with parties (Mostly doing gramps quest). AOE support if I can, Mostly leaning to making a wizard but i want your guys opinion

Warlocks can be an excellent addition to perties, but need to be geared well to deal good/awesome damage.

A Sorc however is more party friendly for low budget people, as he can support even with bad gears (Indulge + Soul Exhale to refill SP. Striking, Endows, Magnetic Earth, Dispel, Insignias, etc) and even dish out quite ok damage if you get a Runaway Magic proc, even with overall bad gears.

:questionmark: 2) Leveling Strats? Im currently using Evilloynis leveling guide and its doing me well for a 2011 guide. I'm completely aware its gonna be difficult to level a kiting class in late games. I just want to know, how hard its gonna be for either a Sage or Wizard to level up without parties in later stages (until 80 I supposed until i get to gramps). Also if their are more updated guides.

There is no real difference between soloing a Wizard and soloing a Sage. Their roles only differ in TI and once they hit 3rd class.

Good solospells are Fireball (Orcs, those work till 70) and Heaven's Drive (Harpies, for 70-99).

Fire Wall and Safety Wall are useful defensive spells both while soloing and in TIs.

For TI you will want SG and LoV on a Wiz, for a Sage pick Heaven's Drive, Thunderstorm and Fireball.

Here is a video of how grinding solo at Harpies can look like. Ignore the FAW, the Mad Bunny and the refine on the weapon, it really works with worse gears too. You'll just have to use a higher level of Heaven's Drive.

For 3rd class time both can party and solo just fine. For soloing both can take advantage of a Soul Linker's Kaahi skill to have basically no cost leveling.

:questionmark: 3) Cost efficient gears  Probably my biggest question. For the most part I want to invest in a magic caster because it new to me but I want to know some gears that won't cost me a fortune but still strong enough to tackle normal mobs (Solo and partying) also I have no plans in fighting  MVP's I just want an all round decent gear. Which end class that still can be viable without godlike gears  

Warlock:
La'Cryma Stick (upgrade as high as you can, having a job 70 Mastersmith alt with Weapon Upgrade really helps here)

Pororoca Shoes (comboes with the La'Cryma stick: bypasses 50% MDef of every monster if you have Frost Nova 10)

1x Magician's Glove

Nightmare Ancient Mummy garment (if possible Int Faceworm Skin, HBP, FAW) <- this can be a bit expensive but immensely helps your Crimson Rock damage if the garment is at least +9, you'll be fine till ~150 without this though

Sorc:

Crimson Rod (upgrade as high as you can, having a job 70 Mastersmith alt with Weapon Upgrade really helps here)

Temporal Int Boots with Spell and Runaway Magic

2x Telekinetic Ring (boosts PWave damage, extremely cheap)

2x Spirit King's Ring (you'll want those later to be able to spam Diamond Dust, Earth Grave and Varetyr Spear)

:questionmark: 4) Overall Fun Fun Is subjective so I'll just say I'm the type of guys who mostly like to do "Tl" with parties or tackling 1v1 solo mobs and still strong enough to keep my enemy far away as possible (Mob control if you would) killing them before they hit me

For me Warlock easily wins in the fun department. :P

But Warlocks and Sorcs can share a whole lot of gears, so you can actually make both and see which one you like better.

If you want to see more videos of Warlocks doing things you can watch the videos in the replay rsection or my youtube channel.

Would love to recommend some Sorc videos, but I don't really know anyone dedicated to making Sorc videos of almost everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users