BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

What will be the best option for this card for a katar-cross impact type for demi human targets?

+14 JdR [2] 

or 

+14 Guillotine Katar[1] FS3 FS3

i read it somewhere that +14 JdR has a higher damage than 4 eremes carded +14 valk knife with other combinations of swords and daggers. I cant find any calculator updated enough for this kind of damage computation. I need someone's math skills for this. 

#2 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

JdR is overall better, high atk matters, even more higher if calculated with A.Katar Mastery bonus

not just that, by using Katar

you will unlock one more skill that get affected by the Hat.

which is Cross Ripper Slasher ( even though the card doesnt give anything to that skill )

lol_by_yudica-dbown3n.jpg

we know that Sword has low weapon atk, but able to dual wield and giving extra slots

i think if you have Thana card, Sword x Sword combination would be very deadly 

#3 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

JdR is overall better, high atk matters, even more higher if calculated with A.Katar Mastery bonus

not just that, by using Katar

you will unlock one more skill that get affected by the Hat.

which is Cross Ripper Slasher ( even though the card doesnt give anything to that skill )

lol_by_yudica-dbown3n.jpg

we know that Sword has low weapon atk, but able to dual wield and giving extra slots

i think if you have Thana card, Sword x Sword combination would be very deadly 

Can you elaborate on what sword setup you mean when you say that Silvianna, and why?

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

On demihuman mobs a sword+dagger setup would win fairly easy.

#5 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

Sorry to dig this up guys, but does anyone have an opinion on the following set up for bio 5?

Silivianna mentioned with MoT card, sword/sword combo would win fairly easily, and Ash said on demi humans sword + dagger would win fairly easily.

I assume Ash's statement means glorious weapons

In a dual wielding build, this means glorious weapon main hand and secondary on off hand.

We are doing a sword as a dagger would be 75% size damage instead of 100% as a sword, correct?

Of the glorious swords only the flamberge is considered as it gives increased demihuman damage and armor piercing, as compared with holy avenger and rapier that gives Int.

So in Bio5 where monsters are either demi human or demon:

For demihuman:

Weapon setup = Glorious Flamberge with offhand +10 valk knife MoT card + 3x True Eremes Card

For demon:

Weapon Setup = 2x AK FQL with offhand +10 valk knife MoT card + 3x True Eremes Card

My questions are: Are there better setups for these then the above? How does a maxed out CI build compare to CRS for damage?

The follow other gears are also assumed:

+14 old bone circlet

sunglasses

mobscarf

+9 FAW with FS 5/5/6 and wak wak card

+12 Temporal st boots FS enchanted (120 str bonus)

+13 Abusive Robe Dex3/3 and Gloom Under knight card

2x Megs (120 str bonus)

120 Str

Cheers <3

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:13 AM

Triple Eremes RTE+Glorious Dagger( RTE has more atk than kvm sword) for demi.

Triple Eremes RTE+Valk Dagger 4x Eremes (or quad vs demon) for the rest.

You dont neet MoT for demis with the KVM+Abusive Def pierce. Abusive also cuts demon def wich brings up the damage quite a bit.

#7 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

Thank you Ash.

The reason I asked about the MoT was because of the increased attack from monster def. I am wondering about the possibility of one shotting using CI as most of the time I am left soloing due to real life work constraints and family commitments.

Are you saying without MoT one can one shot with CI?

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

Most likely yes, and even if you dont 1shot, you can easily spam 2~3 CIs at a time, or chain it infinitelly

#9 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

Thanks Ash.

I will try that combo once I have the gears ready and see how it goes.

I was initially planning on a CRS build but my JDR flew away =P

#10 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

I'm feeling terrible now. Don't worry, we will all have 10 JDRs by the time we get Malangdo Update and Nightmare OGH  :thumb2: Also don't forget that iRO has OCP's, so things we currently have may become irrelevant anytime. Btw if you want to see how CI build with True Eremes cards look like:

He defaults 3 Eremes RTE and changes off-hand daggers accordingly, but 90% of the time 2AK 2 WK cards. Not the best at chaining though.

#11 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

lol don't feel bad boss, I'm very happy for you :D

I'm just figuring out if I can solo some other way, hahah

Thank you for the clip on chaining ... can I ask what card is in his abusive robe? I can't ready the language, lol

#12 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:24 AM

lol don't feel bad boss, I'm very happy for you :D

I'm just figuring out if I can solo some other way, hahah

Thank you for the clip on chaining ... can I ask what card is in his abusive robe? I can't ready the language, lol

Champion Chen Card :v

#13 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

Since we're on the topic of chaining CI, I think I read somewhere before that even if you have only 1 agi, it's still possible to chain it more than 3 times?

And what do you guys think of Hero Hidden Cloth combined with these new bio5 hats? Abusive is still better I guess.

Edited by Usurper, 07 November 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

abusive is better. And CI dancing has nothing to do with aspd. Aspd will help on iddle CI spam, but for chaining is all about forcing your character to move mid animation, and at the moment it moves you use the skill again.

#15 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

Triple Eremes RTE+Glorious Dagger( RTE has more atk than kvm sword) for demi.

Triple Eremes RTE+Valk Dagger 4x Eremes (or quad vs demon) for the rest.

You dont neet MoT for demis with the KVM+Abusive Def pierce. Abusive also cuts demon def wich brings up the damage quite a bit.

Having the first setup I've being killing Demis in bio 5 with dark claw in 2 shots, 3-4 without dark claw. I've been having a bad time against demons and for demons I mean Gertie ( sura is a piece of cake, rk is not efficient to tank it, I prefer to ignore him and eremes is a matter of time for killing him), her Ms spam is pretty annoying and she agis up, like Cecil and alphoccio( this is why I prefer solo the dungeon with gene at the moment). Wl will always wreck anyone but is possible to kill her.

#16 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Having the first setup I've being killing Demis in bio 5 with dark claw in 2 shots, 3-4 without dark claw. I've been having a bad time against demons and for demons I mean Gertie ( sura is a piece of cake, rk is not efficient to tank it, I prefer to ignore him and eremes is a matter of time for killing him), her Ms spam is pretty annoying and she agis up, like Cecil and alphoccio( this is why I prefer solo the dungeon with gene at the moment). Wl will always wreck anyone but is possible to kill her.

Thanks for the input Valtios

Can you list the other gears you use in your setup to help see how it takes 2-4 hits to kill? I assume 120 str as well?

Edited by MintRoyale, 08 November 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#17 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the input Valtios

Can you list the other gears you use in your setup to help see how it takes 2-4 hits to kill? I assume 120 str as well?

Normal stuff, bakos, faw FS wakwak, t str boots BP fs, physical set,bio hat. I didn't try abusive atm, im using FDA for the big amount of hit that it gives. For mid I've switching between engkanto card and Tengu mask. I think that syringe toy is a must, if you don't use it, you could mess up the ci chain more often by potting for too long without it and you can get killed pretty easily. There are some things that I'm missing like liberation set , second engkanto card for the bio hat, RG shield + anemos for shield spell, a better off hand dagger against bio demons( I'm using +15 crimson 2 ak, a main gauche with 2 Strouf and 2 ak will do more DMG with my setup), better refines for my weapons , currently using rte +10 and g gladius +12.

Edited by Valtios, 08 November 2017 - 08:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users