Lets discuss the automatic flagging and bannign system targeting innocent people. - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lets discuss the automatic flagging and bannign system targeting innocent people.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 lmsombrio

lmsombrio

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Well, since Cinnamon deleted the old topic because we cant discuss ticket handling here, lets take this to a new level:

If you guys don't know, the error when logging in:

"Failed Login -> If issue persists, please contact https://support.warpportal.com"

Is caused by a automatic system that detects suspect activity and "ban" your account to theoretically be manually checked by a staff team and be permanently banned or released.

This was confirmed by ticket today.

This is not a connectivity error, neither change your password will help. The only way to get your account back is sending a ticket, that may take up to 10 days to be serviced. 

The problem is: THIS SYSTEM IS FLAGGING INNOCENT PEOPLE ACCOUNTS. People are getting their accounts hostage, taking up to 10 days to get any help from the GM team, and losing VIP days on that wait.

What happened to logging in a GM character and teleport people to jail to check if it is a bot/zeny seller or not? 

What do you guys think about it?

I think that its a wonderful system if it only get Bots and Zeny Sellers, but on the moment innocent people started losing accounts that they leveled through a sea of bots and super duper lag, it stops beign ethical.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Well, since Cinnamon deleted the old topic because we cant discuss ticket handling here, lets take this to a new level:

"Failed Login -> If issue persists, please contact https://support.warpportal.com"

Is caused by a automatic system that detects suspect activity and "ban" your account to theoretically be manually checked by a staff team and be permanently banned or released.

This is not a connectivity error, neither change your password will help. The only way to get your account back is sending a ticket, that may take up to 10 days to be serviced. 

The problem is: THIS SYSTEM IS FLAGGING INNOCENT PEOPLE ACCOUNTS. People are getting their accounts hostage, taking up to 10 days to get any help from the GM team, and losing VIP days on that wait.

What happened to logging in a GM character and teleport people to jail to check if it is a bot/zeny seller or not? 

I think that its a wonderful system if it only get Bots and Zeny Sellers, but on the moment innocent people started losing accounts that they leveled through a sea of bots and super duper lag, it stops beign ethical.

We would prefer not to have discussed this on the forums but you got flagged because you created 21 accounts in 3 days. Look I am sorry that you were caught up in the sweep I realize it looks like you were making warper accounts but its just not normal behavior to create so many accounts in such a short period of time. The system is working as it should because it forces users engaging in such strange activity to talk to us.

#3 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

z0vu3sv.jpg

#4 lmsombrio

lmsombrio

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

We would prefer not to have discussed this on the forums but you got flagged because you created 21 accounts in 3 days. Look I am sorry that you were caught up in the sweep I realize it looks like you were making warper accounts but its just not normal behavior to create so many accounts in such a short period of time. The system is working as it should because it forces users engaging in such strange activity to talk to us.

Nice edit on the topic BTW. I printed the original one.

I created 12 ids. 3 that I play, 9 testing this system.

The troubleshoot topic tells you to create a test ID to see if you don't need a VPN to connect. Since I play from outside US, gave it a try. Tested with TunnelBear, WTFast and such.

Its not just me. A BUNCH of people is beign dragged down with this automatic system, it dont work when you get people waiting 10 days for a ticket. The error don't even tells you whats happening, you go to the support system in total blindness.

EDIT: and btw, my accounts were all released.

Edited by lmsombrio, 04 October 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#5 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

The error don't even tells you whats happening, you go to the support system in total blindness.

The more information you give, the easier it is for botters/RMTs to bypass the filters

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

The troubleshoot topic tells you to create a test ID to see if you don't need a VPN to connect. Since I play from outside US, gave it a try. Tested with TunnelBear, WTFast and such.

Its not just me. A BUNCH of people is beign dragged down with this automatic system, it dont work when you get people waiting 10 days for a ticket. The error don't even tells you whats happening, you go to the support system in total blindness.

I edited my post as my original tone although factual, was more aggressive than it needed to be.

It looks like you created accounts with 6 different email addresses and game accounts for RO1, RESTART, and RO2 everything points towards a user creating an unreasonable amount of accounts. 

#7 1485140108100937077

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

seen your test result is "FLAGGED"

you made it on porpouse now deal with it.

btw, you just sent some important information for the botters!

#8 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

one of our guild mates got hit by this, they wiped her acct for her just trying to get into the game, GG GMs

310467-192355-frenzy_large.jpg

#9 iROBusterCall

iROBusterCall

I am New.

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

You guys asked for a botting solution ... reap what you sow

#10 iDeco

iDeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Why an innocent people create 20 acc?

33ac94ed83218ed82a5958b79536eb9f_400x400

Edited by iDeco, 04 October 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#11 SemBadTriip

SemBadTriip

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWonderland
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Why an innocent people create 20 acc?

33ac94ed83218ed82a5958b79536eb9f_400x400

95.jpg

Edited by SemBadTriip, 04 October 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#12 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

So, did you get banned before or after you made the 20 accounts to "test" the system?

#13 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Don't see why anyone would need so many accounts in such a short time.

Are you trying to memo every map in the game?

I'm glad this security feature exists.

#14 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

EDIT: and btw, my accounts were all released.

I don't get it? You attempted to test the system by doing something a normal person wouldn't be doing, and you got banned for investigation, and you're complaining? To me, if you got banned, the system is working as intended.

#15 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

creating 12 ids eh?

there's something fishy around here

i don't think innocent people create 12 ids  :heh:

don't blame the GM, its true that your activity seems suspicious 

#16 Lentogosong

Lentogosong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

well i have same problems, NO I'm not making 20 accounts in 3 days, I usually got that thing of error that prevent me to login but it all solve in 2 minutes. So did it means i was suspected for botting or what?

#17 ragnacrusader

ragnacrusader

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

@campitor

Please read my submitted report tag as `Ill-mannered Reports` you can catch the big fish by reading it. It was submitted today I'd hope you will investigate about it or else I will post it here on the forums so I can catch your attention. 

#18 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

well i have same problems, NO I'm not making 20 accounts in 3 days, I usually got that thing of error that prevent me to login but it all solve in 2 minutes. So did it means i was suspected for botting or what?

That's just the anti-DDoS shield, ignore it, as long as you can get into your account you are fine

#19 ReMont

ReMont

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Myself

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

#20 obelisk619

obelisk619

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odeeeeeen

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

56ImTYV.jpg

#21 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

... you must be fun at partys mate... .

#22 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

Automatic flagging and banning system targeting innocent people???

What the heck is WP thinking....

First, I would like to say this is not the way to handle things.

"it forces users engaging in such strange activity to talk to us."

This is your fault for limiting us to only three accounts per email.

Why do the players have to suffer because of your companies issues?

Who are you to question why we need so many accounts?

As a guild leader, I could give you plenty of examples why I would need 100's of accounts.

Why do I need to explain that?? Your job is to test players and determine if they are using 3rd party programs.

Your job is not to harass your player base in such an awkward manner.

If I decided to make 100 accounts because I needed them based on WP's limitations and I have to go though this, you better be ready for the amount of f words coming your way in my ticket.

Edited by mattxor, 04 October 2017 - 11:23 PM.

#23 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

Hello,

Yes, my troubleshoot guide suggests creating a test ID, only one ID to check the login issue.

However, if the user wish to test further out of the norm then I can't stop you.

I am really sorry about this, however please understand that the system flagged the account for a suspicious activity, it is working as intended.

The ticket response times are lengthy indeed, because users are spamming the same ticket multiple of times and spamming responses. This added stress on the queue, rest assured the staff are doing their best to reduce the waiting time.

Thank you for understanding and glad your accounts are now released.