Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

My GX's sole existence is to cheaply do instances for dosh to fund my other two characters, so posting some videos of the basic stuff GX can solo for quick dosh and self sustainability.

I didn't record Nidhogg, but I will do that next time. I will also throw in an OGH for show, though I don't really do it anymore since it can consume more than 5 EDP per run now and the loots are meh by comparison.

Faceworm Basics

Horror Toy Factory Basics

Old Glast Heim Basics

Faceworm Queen Basics

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 October 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

very nice guide bruh

#3 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

tip: if you use cloaking in faceworm instance, you won't activate the traps but will still be able to lure and mob the worms. 

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

tip: if you use cloaking in faceworm instance, you won't activate the traps but will still be able to lure and mob the worms. 

Yeah, Taken showed me last night, but thanks for the tip!

#5 AmuWadai

AmuWadai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Old Glast Heim Basics

Where did willow and orgetooth card come? did you use db?

#6 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

he opened the OCAs   :happy:

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 07 October 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Added Faceworm Queen :I

#8 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Added Faceworm Queen :I

thank you,

could you advise on the condition to trap the facequeen in it's original state?

i manage to achieve that however, i do not understand the requirement and i spend ~5 token on usual basis

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

thank you,

could you advise on the condition to trap the facequeen in it's original state?

i manage to achieve that however, i do not understand the requirement and i spend ~5 token on usual basis

My understanding is still fresh however, the idea seems to be to get it's attention asap, drag it either to the right or the southern position, run away quick and don't let it follow you. Keep an eye on it, as soon as it returns to normal, quickly grab it and bring it to the dark spot, it should stay in this form for the duration of the fight so long as it stays there.

#10 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

add mid engkanto & +9 flame dragon armor you can easily achieve 100k rc to queen faceworm

not really a fan of eda for gx since naturally gx with edp+that aspd are really good at leeching. so tengu scroll / bloodsucker + mali set + incu pet are my default for all instances.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

add mid engkanto & +9 flame dragon armor you can easily achieve 100k rc to queen faceworm

not really a fan of eda for gx since naturally gx with edp+that aspd are really good at leeching. so tengu scroll / bloodsucker + mali set + incu pet are my default for all instances.

The Engkanto is good, but if I wanted more damage from armor I would use Venomous one though, it would beat the FDA due to having AK Cards and Bakonawa x2.

The reason I use EDA is because I dislike using Incubus after having had two of them now vanish in instances, it because an honest to goodness pain.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

FDA pulls ahead when you wear 2x Engkanto.

EDA is nice, but you should be able to kill the queen within your sp pool, at most swap it once to fill it back up.

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

FDA pulls ahead when you wear 2x Engkanto.

EDA is nice, but you should be able to kill the queen within your sp pool, at most swap it once to fill it back up.

Right, since it is 20% Boss versus 10% Poison and with 2x Engk, you already have 60% versus 66% ATK, so yeah it would :I, still I think I would leave it as is, I don't expect much for timed runs, I just want to get my skins and go, and as long as I kill her, it's what counts :U

#14 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

My understanding is still fresh however, the idea seems to be to get it's attention asap, drag it either to the right or the southern position, run away quick and don't let it follow you. Keep an eye on it, as soon as it returns to normal, quickly grab it and bring it to the dark spot, it should stay in this form for the duration of the fight so long as it stays there.

Awesome! manage to avoid death. thanks a bunch!

#15 Gamblerwolf

Gamblerwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Do you use HBP over FAW for the convenience of using greed?

Or is damage similar to FAW?

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Do you use HBP over FAW for the convenience of using greed?

Or is damage similar to FAW?

A max FS FAW gives 4% more damage over a heroic backpack. I personally find the price versus the damage not really worth it. As long as you get 189 ASPD using either one, both are fine to use :D

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Besides, the little other bonuses you inevitably get with HBP are pretty nice too (10% neutral resist, 1 flat and 8% aspd). I value those more than the slight ATK difference FAW gives, i can grab atk basically anywhere now.

#18 Gamblerwolf

Gamblerwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

I guess i would have gone with HBP, its just that FS FAW provides hit. But overall i as well think HBP wins on GX.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

I guess i would have gone with HBP, its just that FS FAW provides hit. But overall i as well think HBP wins on GX.

Hit's pretty useless on a GX if you farm Faceworm. 2 EMB = 1 Military Ration B, this item stacks with most buffs and provides 33 HIT. It is a must have and one of the main reasons I do faceworm.

#20 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Hit's pretty useless on a GX if you farm Faceworm. 2 EMB = 1 Military Ration B, this item stacks with most buffs and provides 33 HIT. It is a must have and one of the main reasons I do faceworm.

That sounds... awful... 8 EMB = 1 Magic Stone = 3-3.5m soo... 2 EMB = 1 Military Ration B =  750k-875k for 33 HIT VS Sesame Pastry 100k-150k for 30 HIT unless you really need that extra 3 hit for something which i doubt because even if you were 3 hit away from the hit cap  unless is a kill or be killed situation that extra 650k-725k extra will save you a token, that then again  are "free" and even more cost efficient than what i listed before I just dont see why would you do that to yourself...

Other alternatives to EMB price calculating would be GFSS[0] 2m-2.5m  (800k-1m per military ration), GFSS[1] 3m-3.5m (~875k-1m per ration)

So... even while (or outside) trying to hit Archer classes in bio 5 or maybe do Sky fortress a couple seconds faster why would anyone  use military ration B? 

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

That sounds... awful... 8 EMB = 1 Magic Stone = 3-3.5m soo... 2 EMB = 1 Military Ration B =  750k-875k for 33 HIT VS Sesame Pastry 100k-150k for 30 HIT unless you really need that extra 3 hit for something which i doubt because even if you were 3 hit away from the hit cap  unless is a kill or be killed situation that extra 650k-725k extra will save you a token, that then again  are "free" and even more cost efficient than what i listed before I just dont see why would you do that to yourself...

Other alternatives to EMB price calculating would be GFSS[0] 2m-2.5m  (800k-1m per military ration), GFSS[1] 3m-3.5m (~875k-1m per ration)

So... even while (or outside) trying to hit Archer classes in bio 5 or maybe do Sky fortress a couple seconds faster why would anyone  use military ration B? 

Well you put a value on EMB via price of magic stones etc, but honestly it costs me 450,000z and about 11 minutes of time to farm 30 ~ 42 EMB. This is 15~21 Military Ration B, and honestly there are very few fights that you need it on. So the question is, if it only costs you personally 450,000z to farm that many in one go, why wouldn't you use them?

#22 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Well you put a value on EMB via price of magic stones etc, but honestly it costs me 450,000z and about 11 minutes of time to farm 30 ~ 42 EMB. This is 15~21 Military Ration B, and honestly there are very few fights that you need it on. So the question is, if it only costs you personally 450,000z to farm that many in one go, why wouldn't you use them?

I wouldnt use them because its not rational to get them in the first place -in the current state of the game/market- and yes i put a $ into the EMB and also on the GFSS that are used to get them, so its not an arbitrary price (and i know you never said it was).

We get between 30-42 EMB per faceworm run so 3-5 Magic Stone using the lowest/rush price it would be 9-15m 

Using the max price of sesame pastry (150k for getting 30hit for 3 minutes aka 50k per minute) VS the lowest posible price -in "theory"- for the Military Ration B (750k for getting 33 hit for 10 minutes aka 75k per minute)  its neither a good  nor a rational pick to boost your hit that way unless like i said before you are on a niche situation that you REALLY need the extra 3 hit (even after using +20 luk food or tako [not mentioning +20 dex food to keep cost even]).

You can even do more math like point of hit per Z and all  that, sesame would still be on top (1667 Z per HIT/MIN vs 2273 Z per HIT/MIN)

There are more factors to get into this like a finite supply on the market vs infinite supply on a NPC, hence why i said supra "in the current state", price of alternatives, number of enemies that you are fighting (missing can kill you if you are mobbing), etc.

TL;DR: Being 10-12-2017 its not cost efficient   

PS.: you can argue that setting a merch takes time to set up & sale but we all know that its not even worth mentioning at the price i listed everything and by the fact that its not mutually exclusive vs you farming stuff

Edited by Leonchascon, 11 October 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#23 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

I wouldnt use them because its not rational to get them in the first place -in the current state of the game/market- and yes i put a $ into the EMB and also on the GFSS that are used to get them, so its not an arbitrary price (and i know you never said it was).

We get between 30-42 EMB per faceworm run so 3-5 Magic Stone using the lowest/rush price it would be 9-15m 

Using the max price of sesame pastry (150k for getting 30hit for 3 minutes aka 50k per minute) VS the lowest posible price -in "theory"- for the Military Ration B (750k for getting 33 hit for 10 minutes aka 75k per minute)  its neither a good  nor a rational pick to boost your hit that way unless like i said before you are on a niche situation that you REALLY need the extra 3 hit (even after using +20 luk food or tako [not mentioning +20 dex food to keep cost even]).

You can even do more math like point of hit per Z and all  that, sesame would still be on top (1667 Z per HIT/MIN vs 2273 Z per HIT/MIN)

There are more factors to get into this like a finite supply on the market vs infinite supply on a NPC, hence why i said supra "in the current state", price of alternatives, number of enemies that you are fighting (missing can kill you if you are mobbing), etc.

TL;DR: Being 10-12-2017 its not cost efficient   

PS.: you can argue that setting a merch takes time to set up & sale but we all know that its not even worth mentioning at the price i listed everything and by the fact that its not mutually exclusive vs you farming stuff

I think it's not about how much each item cost per minute, but the cost it took you to get that 15-21 Military Ration B.

There's a big difference between the cost for each FW run, and shelling out Zeny to buy Sesame Pastry.

Assuming on average, 18 Rations at 450k per run. So that cost you 25k zeny per Military Ration B.

When you compare it to the current price of Sesame Pastry of 150k, I think it's pretty clear which one's cheaper.

You just have to invest 11 minutes of your time, plus you can use the skins for other purposes as well.

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

I think it's not about how much each item cost per minute, but the cost it took you to get that 15-21 Military Ration B.

There's a big difference between the cost for each FW run, and shelling out Zeny to buy Sesame Pastry.

Assuming on average, 18 Rations at 450k per run. So that cost you 25k zeny per Military Ration B.

When you compare it to the current price of Sesame Pastry of 150k, I think it's pretty clear which one's cheaper.

You just have to invest 11 minutes of your time, plus you can use the skins for other purposes as well.

That and, I literally only find myself using them every so often, so for me personally it makes more sense to self supply rather than deal with externals for Sesame Pastry.

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

If sesame was a more common item in the market it would be ok. But very often it is just gone, coz no one sells it :v
And if you happen to need that Hit in that moment, too bad for you.

Military Ration is easy and basically free to get(faceworm is a joke these days), feels better to use the item just once instead of Sesame every 3min (depends on what you do), etc.

And if it were to really consider the price for each run, you wouldnt even use GX, simply because of EDP. Other classes can do the content with absolute 0 cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users