• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 AlexaEllende

AlexaEllende

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

As the title says, do crits get calculated into the Double Attack damage on this server? I heard somewhere some servers do and some don't, but I never got a definitive answer. Was hoping one of you nice people could provide some information~ <3

#2 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

No

#3 iDeco

iDeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

No, never did.

#4 jcezz

jcezz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Lol. That is not even in the basic mechanic of RO. Either you crit or you double attack. Samething with monk's triple attack.

#5 AlexaEllende

AlexaEllende

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Kay, thanks~! ^^

#6 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

kRO's recent update enables crit to perform DA, but thats like 10years+++ ahead for RE:start  :heh: . not yet implemented on Chaos!

#7 Eikii

Eikii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Imagine the nightmare bots would have been if they could DA crit.... @.@

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

This update can't come soon enough tbh. 

#9 TestingROO

TestingROO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

if i do normal attack damage then i have a 50% chance to cause double attack.

what is if my critical rate is 100%? is it possible to deal critical damage and do normal damage double attack? or does crit and double attack not work? i dont mean critical double attack i mean the normal damage double attack

#10 Yaham

Yaham

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:57 AM

if i do normal attack damage then i have a 50% chance to cause double attack.

what is if my critical rate is 100%? is it possible to deal critical damage and do normal damage double attack? or does crit and double attack not work? i dont mean critical double attack i mean the normal damage double attack

The attack formula first checks for the Double Attack, if the Double Attack didn´t triggered, then it will try to trigger the crit.

Because of this, the double dagger critical builds need to change class in the level 42, to not maximize the double attack skill and lower the changes to it happens!

#11 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:42 AM

Soon it will happen

Critical Double Attack!

#12 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

The attack formula first checks for the Double Attack, if the Double Attack didn´t triggered, then it will try to trigger the crit.

Because of this, the double dagger critical builds need to change class in the level 42, to not maximize the double attack skill and lower the changes to it happens!

As far as i know it is actually worse than that :

It checks for crit first and then for DA ,if the DA procs the crit gets overwritten ,effectivly lowering your overall real chance to crit

#13 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:52 AM

As far as i know it is actually worse than that :
It checks for crit first and then for DA ,if the DA procs the crit gets overwritten ,effectivly lowering your overall real chance to crit

DA takes priority over crits

Thats really all that needs to be said.

#14 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Actually no... that it takes priority is some aspect ... but the real mathematical chance gets effected quite to a considereable amount ,if crit gets calculated first and than gets overriten by DA ... or if DA is proc and crit isnt even calculated.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

the order doesnt matter anyways '-'

#16 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

Actually no... that it takes priority is some aspect ... but the real mathematical chance gets effected quite to a considereable amount ,if crit gets calculated first and than gets overriten by DA ... or if DA is proc and crit isnt even calculated.

Basically what you said was "DA takes priority, except when it doesn't but still takes priority"

Stop confusing people with superfluous information

#17 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Basically what you said was "DA takes priority, except when it doesn't but still takes priority"

Stop confusing people with superfluous information

No what i am saying was it makes a difference if Crit is calculated first or DA is calculated first, while DA always takes priority:

If Da is calculated first you dont need to call the crit function leaving its properbillity out of the way ... and all its crit chance gets applied to every non DA attack .

If crit is calculated first every hit have its chance to crit ... but every possible crit might get overritten by DA, lowering your actual crit to a substainal amount if you dont have 100% crit.

Edited by RealGarion, 29 October 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#18 Eikii

Eikii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

No what i am saying was it makes a difference if Crit is calculated first or DA is calculated first, while DA always takes priority:

If Da is calculated first you dont need to call the crit function leaving its properbillity out of the way ... and all its crit chance gets applied to every non DA attack .

If crit is calculated first every hit have its chance to crit ... but every possible crit might get overritten by DA, lowering your actual crit to a substainal amount if you dont have 100% crit.

It doesn't matter how it happens - either way the result is the same. That's all people care about.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

The order doesnt matter '-'

It's not a situation of like, lets say, you have 80% chance of X and 20% of Y, and if the 50% chance of Z procs, it will remove just from the X pool. It's not a 80/20 - 50 = 30/20. It's 80/20 *0,5=40/10. And if you remove the 50% of DA proc first, 80% of the remaining 50, is still 40, and 20% is 10.

Sooooo, it doesnt matter.

#20 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

The order doesnt matter '-'

It's not a situation of like, lets say, you have 80% chance of X and 20% of Y, and if the 50% chance of Z procs, it will remove just from the X pool. It's not a 80/20 - 50 = 30/20. It's 80/20 *0,5=40/10. And if you remove the 50% of DA proc first, 80% of the remaining 50, is still 40, and 20% is 10.

Sooooo, it doesnt matter.

thank you for taking the time to actual clear up the mistake i made 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users