Addressed to Staff - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Addressed to Staff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

I have two major concerns, both of which have hurt and continue to hurt this game.

1) The lack of bans on cheaters. I am hoping that the main reason is the lack of knowledge by GMs of what is actually possible for players to do, and not due to a belief that losing players that cheat will decrease revenue. The loss of revenue if there is any would be due to non cheating players quitting the game out of frustration of cheating players.

If the firm's theory on not hiring people who understand the mechanics of the game well, or for not training them for it plus having them research heavily is to prevent biased action/corruption, the plan has backfired. A GM recently asked a player why people were using so much safety wall during WoE. While the GM focused on that, players were using auto target, (this is even crazier considering some are dualing or triple clienting, where they only have to focus on the one client cause the other 2-3 characters are basically on auto pilot.), no delay (which even in strings has a different look to the animation then what is possible with strings and kiels), a combination of using the zoom feature with something that allows them to see the characters from that far distance (imagine how advantageous this is for spotting enemy players before they spot you, or finding an mvp before others).

It is insane to believe that a gm can't watch a video they record themselves, focusing on 2-3 players, and seeing what is going on. Even catching one person per WoE would scare the other cheaters, but they laugh at GMs because they use these cheats in front of them.

2) Delaying simple quests, i'm not sure if there is intent to have the items in OCP boxes or you are just delaying for the sake of delaying. When is the last time the lottery ticket gambler was in? I would think such an event would be in twice a year, especially when you have introduced the mob scarf, increasing demand greatly for s. sunglasses and s. glasses. It has also been quite some time since kafra blossom cards have been put in.

The unfrozen shadow set has been delayed for what reason now? There was mention of a quest for it being designed, but that was months ago.

There are probably 1-2 other item related quests important to the server that I am missing here, but it is a concern when the ability to gain these items through an event has now been years, not months.

YEARS

Edited by MrBrainFreeze, 08 October 2017 - 05:47 AM.

#2 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

Woe is dead don't revive it let it rest in peace

#3 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

It cannot possibly be for lack of knowledge. It is a known fact that there is an extremely low chance for even compelling evidence to result in a ban. It's gotten to the point where certain guild leaders have come out and stated that they will do whatever it takes to stay competitive, because it's a competitive game, even if that means use of illegal third party programs that affect server stability. Most "legit" players just end up cheating as well in order to keep up, or quitting the game; because taking the effort of recording a video with sure fire evidence resulting in absolutely no punishment just makes you feel stupid.

#4 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

@WolfIfTri - perhaps they do not understand how deterrence benefits a community, both morally and economically.

#5 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

@WolfIfTri - perhaps they do not understand how deterrence benefits a community, both morally and economically.

Why don't you just stop complaining? What's dead is dead just let it go and move on. If you QQing here just gonna make the used to be great woe won't rest in peace. Let it go and move on bro

#6 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

@Handersen - this post does not concern you

I will simply ignore such people for the rest of the topic, they do nothing for the wellbeing of society.

#7 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

People who do wrong should be punished.

If they still do it despite being punished then the punishment is not severe enough.

For the GMs to let people cheat and not be punished it's like slapping legit players in the face.

In general lately the incompetence of management is overwhelmingly obvious, and really they should pull up their socks and make things better for the majority of the server players.

They are extremely poor in explaining why there is so much trouble getting stuff from kRO. If iRO is paying kRO for stuff shouldn't they be made to answer for if things are not provided for in a timely manner?

Edited by MintRoyale, 08 October 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#8 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

I am for fair and justice. Punishing cheaters on the game has long been a problem of RO. Either of the two presented situation has negative effects. Even so, GMs can't practically judge correctly in this virtual world we dwell. The flow was mostly in the game itself. Due to this, to be able to punish those cheaters the accusing party needs a fool-prof proof to prove the accused. Even if they will get punished there will still be others who will try to challenge the game.

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Also applies to how they deal with bots, like, how can it take 4-6 months to investigate a level 99 bot who kills spores 23 hours a day? So many tickets that GM's should really only need like ~5 minutes of investigation to come up with enough evidence instead take half a year or more

#10 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

This is exactly what I question every time I see a problem that needs resolving or in-game content that would surely make the game a lot more entertaining. It get's irksome when you don't have clear answers. It also make's it worse when you have players that enable this type of business culture which in the end impacts everyone else's gaming experience.  I get the company is trying to generate revenue, but how can you generate revenue if you don't take care of the server properly. Keep up this culture and the server slowly but surely will close down. 

I understand the pressure of tending to server needs and tending to customer needs, but if you honestly have this much work then stop taking all these extra projects without giving your current projects TLC. Gravity as a whole need's to get organized, it's not right when you have all this content and actual fixes that have nothing to do with episodes or big updates not in the server that has been out for years. Something that could've been repaired a long time ago is still in disarray.

People who do wrong should be punished.

If they still do it despite being punished then the punishment is not severe enough.

For the GMs to let people cheat and not be punished it's like slapping legit players in the face.

In general lately the incompetence of management is overwhelmingly obvious, and really they should pull up their socks and make things better for the majority of the server players.

They are extremely poor in explaining why there is so much trouble getting stuff from kRO. If iRO is paying kRO for stuff shouldn't they be made to answer for if things are not provided for in a timely manner?

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

They are probably laughing and hoping you all can just stfu as they read this thread because they're now busy with Re:start  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

Why don't you just stop complaining? What's dead is dead just let it go and move on. If you QQing here just gonna make the used to be great woe won't rest in peace. Let it go and move on bro

What is dead may never die.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 09 October 2017 - 08:53 AM.

#13 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Sadly many pvm players who don't WoE cause of cheaters, use more actual money for kafra shop.

A bit confused as to how a firm chooses what is best for the minority of clients who spend less than a majority that spend more.  

#14 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Perhaps it is time to attempt contact with someone higher up and in the parent company, rather than expect change directly through this one.

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Tried it once to get them to fix a major bug, nothing came of it kek.

#16 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

I'll try harder, email, fax, whatever it takes. Cheaters have not only ruined WoE but they use the black market more then Kafra shop, Gravity just needs to see that their profits are not reaching potential because of these people.

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

It's a fact that people blatantly RMT and get away with it. It really is sad, especially when those same people try to act like they legit got it :U

#18 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Lol the support staff never really did anything to stop the RMT, iirc someone here posted images with proof of RMT but nothing happened. But again who knows how legit the screenshots where.

#19 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

They make money faster with OCP.

Who cares about the player lol?

#20 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

RMTers are the bread and butter of this game.

Player buy from rmt>plays the game>vip?>cash shop?>sees ocp update and buys a lot>bored and sells everything via rmt>back to first

#21 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Profit for company would go up from stopping cheaters, because of the deterrence effect.

RMT has little effect on kafra shop sales, it does have high effect on in game inflation.

#22 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:39 AM

But, with this new trend where OCP is the core of the game's what to expect next then RMTers are tied to it also. Given that OCP's chances is like rolling a lucky 7 on a slot then they mostly buy a lot just to get what is the best. Then again it is true that it's easy to catch those RMTers if they could have tried. Have they not?

Every MMORPG has this problem too. I doubt that they are strict on this too. Haven't we ever wonder why we can change our character name? Change e-mail?

#23 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Deterrence effect > black market effect, you need to understand that. 

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

I have two major concerns, both of which have hurt and continue to hurt this game.

1) The lack of bans on cheaters. I am hoping that the main reason is the lack of knowledge by GMs of what is actually possible for players to do, and not due to a belief that losing players that cheat will decrease revenue. The loss of revenue if there is any would be due to non cheating players quitting the game out of frustration of cheating players.

If the firm's theory on not hiring people who understand the mechanics of the game well, or for not training them for it plus having them research heavily is to prevent biased action/corruption, the plan has backfired. A GM recently asked a player why people were using so much safety wall during WoE. While the GM focused on that, players were using auto target, (this is even crazier considering some are dualing or triple clienting, where they only have to focus on the one client cause the other 2-3 characters are basically on auto pilot.), no delay (which even in strings has a different look to the animation then what is possible with strings and kiels), a combination of using the zoom feature with something that allows them to see the characters from that far distance (imagine how advantageous this is for spotting enemy players before they spot you, or finding an mvp before others).

It is insane to believe that a gm can't watch a video they record themselves, focusing on 2-3 players, and seeing what is going on. Even catching one person per WoE would scare the other cheaters, but they laugh at GMs because they use these cheats in front of them.

2) Delaying simple quests, i'm not sure if there is intent to have the items in OCP boxes or you are just delaying for the sake of delaying. When is the last time the lottery ticket gambler was in? I would think such an event would be in twice a year, especially when you have introduced the mob scarf, increasing demand greatly for s. sunglasses and s. glasses. It has also been quite some time since kafra blossom cards have been put in.

The unfrozen shadow set has been delayed for what reason now? There was mention of a quest for it being designed, but that was months ago.

There are probably 1-2 other item related quests important to the server that I am missing here, but it is a concern when the ability to gain these items through an event has now been years, not months.

YEARS

Hello I have been meaning to reply to this but I now have the chance to sit down and work my way through.

1. Firstly a confession, I was that GM character you talked about. I took some time out of my day to come in and watch what was going on during WoE so I could get an idea of what was going on. I am not ashamed of it, if I don't understand why a user to doing a particular strange activity (spamming safety wall everywhere and I mean everywhere) then I will ask so I can gain that knowledge.

I am not going to hunt down users for cheating, its just not an effective use of my time. However I will refer them to the GM team for investigations(more on the GM team later). My personal efforts are pushing the studio for long term game system solutions to prevent cheating in general. I realize its something that I have talked about for well over a year but we at last started to see them start developing along these lines. Including the Position Bug Fix (it sort of works) and their efforts to scramble client packets.

We have a commitment from them to change the way monster transform candies work so that they no longer make No delay easier and a soft commitment to help us address auto potting issues.

Currently in the proposal queue are changes that (should) make auto targeting certain users and no delay not possible. But they haven't been reviewed and there is no commitment to them being worked on.

The GM Team: Krexus has replaced Warnhal this summer as the GM team manager and is currently in the process of retraining all the GMs. So if you have any concerns NOW is the time to talk to him about it.

2. Currently we are projecting the unfrozen shadow quest for November. Unfortunately, the studio has been really busy with some project we aren't involved in and very slow on deliverables besides those set in the update schedule. Due to that small bug fixes and updates have been getting pushed back; butm I am being told we can start expecting them to flow more freely again. My contact got the malangdo desocketing scripts at last and is translating them. We also got the Rebel awakening data and are waiting on an asset list to make sure we get everything so far there doesn't seem to be a ton of items but a lot of skills are included in the update.

In closing: Were slowly progressing forward and fixing some of the issues and were looking at new and exciting ways to make new issues.

PS if you can help me create reproducible guides on how exactly cheats are done that generally leads to a much quicker turn around time on closing that particular cheat.

#25 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

My contact got the malangdo desocketing scripts at last and is translating them.

Camp please tell us the scripts will allow ALL slots to be desocketed @>@

Edited by MintRoyale, 17 October 2017 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users