#1 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Hello Dragon Saga community.
I have been wanting to write this post for a while now, but was waiting for a more skilled or knowledgeable person to do it. No one does it, or did already but got no answer, I don't know. Well, I cannot wait more, so here I am: as an inexperienced player (you call us noobs) in my honest opinion, the biggest problem of battlesquare is the unbalanced teams. I have to be really careful what I write and how I write this, with all the evidence that I am going to provide, because I know I have to follow the forum rules. However, I have to show some printscreens that some people (very powerful people) are always, ALWAYS choosing to be together. (I am talking about having full gear like full full -with every skill possible to 10- full.) Especially 2 people are choosing to be together, every time without exception. Even if you have good end-game gear, 5-6 people cannot defeat them. You want proof? I will provide you proof, or just go into battlesquare and just watch them crush other players. I personally cannot play anymore because of these players being always together. Whenever I have to choose the teams; if I choose the other team I know I will lose over and over again ending up repairing for 40 golds, if I choose their team I know it is not fair for the other opponents, and I kind of feel like a leecher. It is not forbidden to choose your team members, that's why I cannot report them. However, I can use this awful situation to make the developers aware that these people are ruining the battlesquare. Every single time (unless the other team has like more than 5 players who are fully geared) they win. The worst part is that they know that they are powerful so they just use it for their advantage. Numberless people give up and leave the area after a couple of minutes, so it ends up with no one at one side, and more than 4 people on the other team. They are the ones who are always having the fun. I am asking you: Is this fair?

The players that are always in the same team are red and green colored. If it is needed I can provide to the GMs the originals or even the videos.

In the first picture, they had many opponents but all left, because they couldn't handle them. So, at the end they won with holding 23 flags.
1507479708-1.png

In the second picture, although another one is holding the flags, the two are there again and it is impossible to beat them, because they are too powerful.
1507479767-2.png

In the third picture, the two are again together and crushing the other team which was there for 20 minutes with 19 flags to 0 flags.
1507479808-3.png

In the fourth picture, two teams have equal numbers of players, but the winning team with those two people have 24 flags, and the other one 0 flags.
1507479843-4.png

In the fifth picture, we see that people already gave up fighting the powerful team and the guy is left alone in the red team. Instead of actually queuing for the blue team why can't they just go into the red one and fight each other?
1507479866-5.png

In the sixth picture, although the flags are at the blue team, you can see that the red team is winning with a huge point difference. (Even the first person on the winning team has more points than the whole other team.)  
1507479884-6.png

In the seventh picture, well, no words needed, no one wants to join the other team, for obvious reasons that they don't want to deal with the powerful people.
1507479900-7.jpg

In the eighth picture, the blue team is 12 people because they are winning and red is only 8 because people leave since they don't stand chances to win. Even though there are people in red, they are still losing dramatically against the powerful people in blue. (Even the 4th person in the blue team has more points than overall the points of the red team.)
1507479914-8.png

So, now that I provided enough evidence (though, I probably didn't need to, anyone who is playing battlesquare knows it already), I can move on to my point. As I said, it is not against the rules to be always on the same team with another; however, this highly affects the battlesquare. I am personally sick of being called a loser because I am choosing the losing team, or being called a leecher because I enter the winning team.

I can think 2 ways to deal with this problem.

One is to not let us choose the teams. Make a waiting area like a lobby. Let us all join the lobby and let us wait there, put us to random teams. There should be some sort of calculations for the damage that people are dealing and sort them according to the damage. There are calculations for expert mode, I am sure there can be calculations for this, too. Even if there aren't any calculations, I think people should stop being able to choose the teams. Every time there is a huge waiting line where the powerful people are and no one on the other team. (Me included-why would I risk it, just queue to the winning team.)
If people leave or crash they shouldn't be allowed to enter again for that battlesquare. If people leave on one side and the other team has 1 or 2 extra people they should automatically go to the lobby and should be put back to their team when the other team has equal numbers.

Of course you may want to fight besides your friends, well no one says you can't. You want to choose your teammates, then you should go to the other pvp modes. No one is saying you shouldn't fight together. In the other PVP modes, you can nicely choose and defeat and do whatever you want to your opponents as a group. The battlesquare should be public, and there shouldn't be any grouping like this. People level easily to 85, get their end game gear, after a while, the only thing they can do is to upgrade their stuff by farming elements and dailies. There is not much to do other than these. One attraction is battlesquare and there we get humiliated, abused, and crashed by the same people over and over again. Yes, you can say they also farmed it, do it yourself too, don't be lazy yada yada. Well, I only started playing a couple of months ago, they have been playing for many many years with many opportunities of getting rich and so. So, the newer players shouldn't enjoy the game?

This kind of leads to my second suggestion, which is to make another room for level 85. Those people who always want to win and HAVE TO BE together like conjoined twins can stay there waiting for really powerful opponents. They can have their fight and prove to each other who is more powerful etc etc. The second room could be for the lower skilled players who aren't so powerful as them but still want to enjoy the battlesquare, and actually have a chance of winning. I remember in the European Servers there were more than one rooms, so I think it is doable.

I tried my best not to offend anyone, but I think it was essential for someone to mention this problem of battlesquare. I hope I didn't break any rules or anything. It is just my idea, and of course it is open to your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

#2 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

BSQ isn't crowded enough, so I don't think having two rooms would be making things better. Though, I agree with the auto-made teams. Actually I think the situation is more complicated than just two players crushing everyone. The problem comes from the fact that these 2 players are friends with many other BSQ players (let's say around 7). They all are Magicians / Summoners and they instantly queue in the same team. So it's like 70% of the BSQ playerbase (online at this time) queueing in the same team. So, us, the other players are forced to join the opposite team or leech them as you said. But honestly, who would like to join a team and get killed by OP classes again and again for 20 minutes : No one. And that's why people leave resulting in unbalanced situation as we can see on these screenshots.

I have no other suggestion than auto-made teams to fix that problem.

#3 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

I really agree on that.
I kinda lost the fun and motivation to play BSQ because its always the same people who cant win solo or are actually pretty bad and just join the winning sides and to be fair, by just looking at the names if you play BSQ alot you already know which teams are winning, thats why they usually prefer to wait 5~ mins instead of helping them. This is boring and no fun.
I would think a "Random team join" change would help alot, but auto-balanced so it will always play the same amount of players (5vs5, 6vs6 ..  and not 5vs8 or something).

There is no point for me playing BSQ anymore, people wont change and just will continue joining winning side only. Yes, a tons of people do that and its always the same people. Of course people want to win, and thats totally fine, but people are seriously waiting 5-10 minutes just to join the winning teams, this leads to unbalanced matches because experienced players know which people are good, and who isnt that good.  (nohate its just a fact)

Edited by nighty007, 08 October 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#4 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

There is no point for me playing BSQ anymore, people wont change and just will continue joining winning side only. Yes, a tons of people do that and its always the same people. Of course people want to win, and thats totally fine, but people are seriously waiting 5-10 minutes just to join the winning teams, this leads to unbalanced matches because experienced players know which people are good, and who isnt that good.  (nohate its just a fact)

I am sometimes doing that, too. Not that I want to win, I just want to be able to do stuff. Because it's Magicians / Summoners stacking in one team, against non-OP classes. And even with all the balancing patches, these classes are still ruling BSQ really hard. So, if you want to know the reason of why me and some people actually leech, I see it like that : Either I am not having fun for 20 minutes by getting killed again and again, or I leech the OP classes and can actually do something. (That's a Destroyer's point of view, my biggest utility in BSQ is to damage, not like I can catch the whole enemy team + damage like Summoners)

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

This is a known issue and part of the reason bsq can't have proper rewards.

Random teams sound like an easy fix but answer this: what happens when people leave? Well their team gets the new joining players right? Now if a person really wanted to play with another it'll be really easy to work around that system. Add on top of that the work that would have to be done to make a fair system like that and it's not so easy anymore. But sure it would make bsq a bit better.

#6 manege

manege

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

I have forwarded my complains about this issue to dragonlark as well along with the same suggestions as above.

Strong classes can argue all they want about them wanting to join their friends, yada yada, but it is a fact that the survival of a game does not only depend on the old players. Newcomers to the game should also be able to enjoy the pvp content which includes the BSQ.

This issue might affect the game in a bad way in the future - in my opinion.

This is a known issue and part of the reason bsq can't have proper rewards.

Random teams sound like an easy fix but answer this: what happens when people leave? Well their team gets the new joining players right? Now if a person really wanted to play with another it'll be really easy to work around that system. Add on top of that the work that would have to be done to make a fair system like that and it's not so easy anymore. But sure it would make bsq a bit better.

A solution for that would be to save the information of which team the player was assigned to for 20 minutes. This way, even if someone were to "dc" they would be assigned back to the original team they were in.

I am not sure if this is doable, but it is a suggestion.

#7 Roseupfromdead

Roseupfromdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Reply:

1. << I have to show some printscreens that some people (very powerful people) are always, ALWAYS choosing to be together. 
(I am talking about having full gear like full full -with every skill possible to 10- full.) Especially 2 people are choosing to be together, 
every time without exception.>>

Some people got powerful gears and all skill lv10, they got their hard work / paid money to warpportal. as you said you are inexperienced player, maybe you can go farm and gears yourself to reach those "very powerful people".
Some people choosing to be together << why friends cant choose the same team? theres not suppose and not a rules to separate friends in battlesquare.   

2.Even if you have good end-game gear, 5-6 people cannot defeat them. You want proof? I will provide you proof, 
or just go into battlesquare and just watch them crush other players. I personally cannot play anymore because of these players being always together. 
Dont understand.
BSQ is about get flags and hold as long as you can to get point. some players got their guild, friends to enter together, 
thats not a SINs to play like this. you can invite your guildes, friends to go with you too.

3. Whenever I have to choose the teams; if I choose the other team I know I will lose over and over again ending up repairing for 40 golds, 
if I choose their team I know it is not fair for the other opponents, and I kind of feel like a leecher. It is not forbidden to choose your team members, that's why I cannot report them.
same point, you can choose team, other can choose team, dont see any problems.

4.However, I can use this awful situation to make the developers aware that these people are ruining the battlesquare. 
Every single time (unless the other team has like more than 5 players who are fully geared) they win. '

your situation is telling a story like: some full geared players go in same team, then you enter but  you cant win, 
then you need pay 40g to repair.
only when theres some "other" fully geared players enter can win those " firends play together players" , is it whats the thing happened?
do you think there's a problems isnt about players playing together , its about some team work, or skilled or geared?
cos i still dont think enter bsq as a team is wrong, i think GM should encourage players spend more time to play with friends, 

5. The worst part is that they know that they are powerful so they just use it for their advantage. 
Numberless people give up and leave the area after a couple of minutes, so it ends up with no one at one side, 
and more than 4 people on the other team. They are the ones who are always having the fun. I am asking you: Is this fair?

I think this case you should blame those ppl gave up and leave, not blame the win side.
It is not fair , BSQ should make a auto waiting line, when one side less one player, the other side should auto kick the lowest score one to waiting list, 
always make 2 teams have same number players.

6. The players that are always in the same team are red and green colored. If it is needed I can provide to the GMs the originals or even the videos.

In the first picture, they had many opponents but all left, because they couldn't handle them. So, at the end they won with holding 23 flags.

again the same point: theres not a SIN to join in same team while they are friends, guildes, teamplayers in pvp. 
they can do it, other can do too! what is the point of saying end up who won with x flags? sometimes the won side can hold 0 flags at the end.
(cos they got point eariler, but at last got killed and lost flags, but still got more score)

7.In the third picture, the two are again together and crushing the other team which was there for 20 minutes with 19 flags to 0 flags.
Again, if that two in the picture won with skills (or luck?), what is the point of posting it?? i dont get what you mean.

8.In the fourth picture, two teams have equal numbers of players, but the winning team with those two people have 24 flags, and the other one 0 flags
you already point out two teams have uqual numbers players, only bcos winning team had those two players , 
you wanna ask GM ban them cos they played too well in there? or ONLY nerf those two players you targeted? 
Read until now i still only reading of you Hate that Targeted Specific two players way too powerful (sorry I'm just telling what i feel, not gonna argue.)

Edited by Roseupfromdead, 08 October 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#8 Roseupfromdead

Roseupfromdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

9. In the fifth picture, we see that people already gave up fighting the powerful team and the guy is left alone in the red team. 
Instead of actually queuing for the blue team why can't they just go into the red one and fight each other?

Why they have to fight each other if (for example) they are in same guild/ friends/ pvp team ? or some guild is going to practice for ew?
you already mentioned red team players LEFT. thats not blue team's fault.

10. In the sixth picture, although the flags are at the blue team, you can see that the red team is winning with a huge point difference. 
(Even the first person on the winning team has more points than the whole other team.)  
You still pointing the same players, theres no any way to ban the specific player is way too skilled, play too good, (or you hate?)
i wonder how they played in there? while everyone can farm advance element, do quest to get pos, 
farm silver coin to exchange IS,RIS , Soul to soulcraft , enchant gears. or buy WP on Warpportal directly.players are almost same geared inside.
the difference is about skills i guess.

11. In the seventh picture, well, no words needed, no one wants to join the other team, 
for obvious reasons that they don't want to deal with the powerful people.

still, same point, you still targeted SAME players, i being doubt is it personal matter you hate those two players or..?

12.In the eighth picture, the blue team is 12 people because they are winning and red is only 8 
because people leave since they don't stand chances to win. 
Even though there are people in red, they are still losing dramatically against the powerful people in blue. 
(Even the 4th person in the blue team has more points than overall the points of the red team.)

so this case is about Red team players left, can not against powerful players. 
this really not those winning players's fault, i think they didnt ask red team leave.
in the same way, you cant ask powerful players become non-powerful to play too.

13. So, now that I provided enough evidence 
(though, I probably didn't need to, anyone who is playing battlesquare knows it already), 
I can move on to my point. As I said, it is not against the rules to be always on the same team with another; 
however, this highly affects the battlesquare. I am personally sick of being called a loser because I am choosing the losing team, 
or being called a leecher because I enter the winning team.

like you said, this is NOT against the rules when Friends, Guildmates, PVP Teammates to join in one team.
if other players call you loser , leecher, insult you, you may report them thought ticket.

14.One is to not let us choose the teams. Make a waiting area like a lobby. Let us all join the lobby and let us wait there, 
put us to random teams. There should be some sort of calculations for the damage that people are dealing and sort them according to the damage. 

This is 100% not fair to those players farm together, play together practice together, 
and they wish they can enjoy the pvp as a team but end up they FORCED to enter in difference team to kill each other.
(maybe they are brother and sister, couple, real life friends, not wanna kill their relative?!)
I think this is not a good reason to make a random join JUST BCOS some players won, some players lost.

15. Of course you may want to fight besides your friends, well no one says you can't. 
You want to choose your teammates, then you should go to the other pvp modes. 

you are totally thinking a wrong way.
battlesquare is a place notice all server players, same time, same place, to battle.
PVP room is hard to call players to go like this, and pvp room is limited to max 10players. but BSQ is 30 players.
totally difference place. Asked for a game-mode to "defeat" some powerful players is totally wrong way.
make a waiting line is enough to avoid uneven number players.

16. The battlesquare should be public, and there shouldn't be any grouping like this.
BSQ is public already, players gather friends, guildmates, pvp teammates to join, not against rules.

17. People level easily to 85, get their end game gear, after a while, 
the only thing they can do is to upgrade their stuff by farming elements and dailies. 
There is not much to do other than these. One attraction is battlesquare and there we get humiliated, 
abused, and crashed by the same people over and over again. Yes, you can say they also farmed it, 
do it yourself too, don't be lazy yada yada. Well, I only started playing a couple of months ago, 
they have been playing for many many years with many opportunities of getting rich and so. So, the newer players shouldn't enjoy the game?

Every char , every class got their limited,
I dont see any players can go beyond some point, and this point is open to everyone.
you already point out, you can farm too! but you forgot, you can buy WP from warportal, get some IS, RIS and sell it to gold, then get the gears you need!
and i think, more practice is really help for pvp, its not like you have full geared , then you can always win.
gears only make you stay longer, but SKILL can help you win. just friendly advice.

18. This kind of leads to my second suggestion, which is to make another room for level 85. 
Those people who always want to win and HAVE TO BE together like conjoined twins can stay there waiting for really powerful opponents. 
They can have their fight and prove to each other who is more powerful etc etc.

Why you suggest GM separated players who play as a team?
this is very sad cos this game is recommended for friends play together! have fun together, team up together!!!
not like you LOST in BSQ to some players, then you ask GM make those who won you a room, group all winners to a lonely island and free a place for you only

#9 herwitt18

herwitt18

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

9. In the fifth picture, we see that people already gave up fighting the powerful team and the guy is left alone in the red team. 
Instead of actually queuing for the blue team why can't they just go into the red one and fight each other?

Why they have to fight each other if (for example) they are in same guild/ friends/ pvp team ? or some guild is going to practice for ew?
you already mentioned red team players LEFT. thats not blue team's fault.

10. In the sixth picture, although the flags are at the blue team, you can see that the red team is winning with a huge point difference. 
(Even the first person on the winning team has more points than the whole other team.)  
You still pointing the same players, theres no any way to ban the specific player is way too skilled, play too good, (or you hate?)
i wonder how they played in there? while everyone can farm advance element, do quest to get pos, 
farm silver coin to exchange IS,RIS , Soul to soulcraft , enchant gears. or buy WP on Warpportal directly.players are almost same geared inside.
the difference is about skills i guess.

11. In the seventh picture, well, no words needed, no one wants to join the other team, 
for obvious reasons that they don't want to deal with the powerful people.

still, same point, you still targeted SAME players, i being doubt is it personal matter you hate those two players or..?

12.In the eighth picture, the blue team is 12 people because they are winning and red is only 8 
because people leave since they don't stand chances to win. 
Even though there are people in red, they are still losing dramatically against the powerful people in blue. 
(Even the 4th person in the blue team has more points than overall the points of the red team.)

so this case is about Red team players left, can not against powerful players. 
this really not those winning players's fault, i think they didnt ask red team leave.
in the same way, you cant ask powerful players become non-powerful to play too.

13. So, now that I provided enough evidence 
(though, I probably didn't need to, anyone who is playing battlesquare knows it already), 
I can move on to my point. As I said, it is not against the rules to be always on the same team with another; 
however, this highly affects the battlesquare. I am personally sick of being called a loser because I am choosing the losing team, 
or being called a leecher because I enter the winning team.

like you said, this is NOT against the rules when Friends, Guildmates, PVP Teammates to join in one team.
if other players call you loser , leecher, insult you, you may report them thought ticket.

14.One is to not let us choose the teams. Make a waiting area like a lobby. Let us all join the lobby and let us wait there, 
put us to random teams. There should be some sort of calculations for the damage that people are dealing and sort them according to the damage. 

This is 100% not fair to those players farm together, play together practice together, 
and they wish they can enjoy the pvp as a team but end up they FORCED to enter in difference team to kill each other.
(maybe they are brother and sister, couple, real life friends, not wanna kill their relative?!)
I think this is not a good reason to make a random join JUST BCOS some players won, some players lost.

15. Of course you may want to fight besides your friends, well no one says you can't. 
You want to choose your teammates, then you should go to the other pvp modes. 

you are totally thinking a wrong way.
battlesquare is a place notice all server players, same time, same place, to battle.
PVP room is hard to call players to go like this, and pvp room is limited to max 10players. but BSQ is 30 players.
totally difference place. Asked for a game-mode to "defeat" some powerful players is totally wrong way.
make a waiting line is enough to avoid uneven number players.

16. The battlesquare should be public, and there shouldn't be any grouping like this.
BSQ is public already, players gather friends, guildmates, pvp teammates to join, not against rules.

17. People level easily to 85, get their end game gear, after a while, 
the only thing they can do is to upgrade their stuff by farming elements and dailies. 
There is not much to do other than these. One attraction is battlesquare and there we get humiliated, 
abused, and crashed by the same people over and over again. Yes, you can say they also farmed it, 
do it yourself too, don't be lazy yada yada. Well, I only started playing a couple of months ago, 
they have been playing for many many years with many opportunities of getting rich and so. So, the newer players shouldn't enjoy the game?

Every char , every class got their limited,
I dont see any players can go beyond some point, and this point is open to everyone.
you already point out, you can farm too! but you forgot, you can buy WP from warportal, get some IS, RIS and sell it to gold, then get the gears you need!
and i think, more practice is really help for pvp, its not like you have full geared , then you can always win.
gears only make you stay longer, but SKILL can help you win. just friendly advice.

18. This kind of leads to my second suggestion, which is to make another room for level 85. 
Those people who always want to win and HAVE TO BE together like conjoined twins can stay there waiting for really powerful opponents. 
They can have their fight and prove to each other who is more powerful etc etc.

Why you suggest GM separated players who play as a team?
this is very sad cos this game is recommended for friends play together! have fun together, team up together!!!
not like you LOST in BSQ to some players, then you ask GM make those who won you a room, group all winners to a lonely island and free a place for you only

well im totally agree with all of these

why should friends or guildies in different team, make no sense for me

and the idea about about not let us choose the team will make worse

<snip>

thats my opinion ^^ thx

#10 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Please know that while we do welcome discussions about suggestions for the game, attacking other players opinions or posts will not be allowed on the forums. Posts that are not contributing to the topic or attacking other players will be removed. Further issues of this kind may result in action taken against players posting this content on the forums such as forum moderation. 

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

This is just an argument said 100 times now, BattleSquare only benefits premade groups. Only 1 specific guild and their best friends flood one side. The rest and randoms are just hype train riding.

What's worse is that these friends and guildmates are all potential additions to a team that can actually balance things out. But premade mentality means they'll literally lock themselves in and afk, sometimes for entire bsq, just because "They're my guild/friends" or "Why would I help this guy I dislike?". Personal squabbles and premade groups ruined this mode. You'll only find a fun one when the guilds decide to just split themselves. This ultimately means you have to join late just to join a fair game. Even then, what's to stop people from half-assing their skills just to troll.

No solution would work sadly. Except random teams at the start and forced team lock when rejoining like being a Mercenary in Emporia does. But that's a solution that's been shut down in proposal state before.

To sum it up; You need a big premade group just to match the premade groups. Even then it's not a guarantee.

#12 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

This is just an argument said 100 times now, BattleSquare only benefits premade groups. Only 1 specific guild and their best friends flood one side. The rest and randoms are just hype train riding.

What's worse is that these friends and guildmates are all potential additions to a team that can actually balance things out. But premade mentality means they'll literally lock themselves in and afk, sometimes for entire bsq, just because "They're my guild/friends" or "Why would I help this guy I dislike?". Personal squabbles and premade groups ruined this mode. You'll only find a fun one when the guilds decide to just split themselves. This ultimately means you have to join late just to join a fair game. Even then, what's to stop people from half-assing their skills just to troll.

No solution would work sadly. Except random teams at the start and forced team lock when rejoining like being a Mercenary in Emporia does. But that's a solution that's been shut down in proposal state before.

To sum it up; You need a big premade group just to match the premade groups. Even then it's not a guarantee.

So, basically the only way if you can't gather enough players is to boycott BSQ and let them fight no one. Maybe they will consider splitting then.

#13 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

So, basically the only way if you can't gather enough players is to boycott BSQ and let them fight no one. Maybe they will consider splitting then.

Let me put it this way, and I'll avoid guild names because of forum rules:

There have been multiple instances in history of this server's bsq run where a group of players become some unbeatable superpower and only lose because everyone formed a multi-guild alliance and performed low-brow tactics just to secure wins. The current one and the last one both being guilds whom were VERY FREQUENTLY reported for suspicious activity to WarpPortal.

The extent people will go to in BSQ to get under people's skins and all for a literally worthless SoH and item drops that lose value to repairs is frankly disturbing. Some action has to done at this point when it comes to bsq because let's face it, it's the only active PvP mode now.

Edited by Coolsam, 08 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#14 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

<snip>

I see some ways this can be eased for players new and old alike.

Make one bsq mode guild v guild
Make one bsq mode random team pvp
Maybe even one bsq mode also just friends v friends

Leavers will suffer penalty of some sort for all modes. This way reward can actually be earn.

Ofc this should be ideal when some balance fix is implement with certain class ( i am singing the same song here, i am sure the staff works hard this so be patient) and also some other fixes that such as sc options, etc.

#15 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Let me put it this way, and I'll avoid guild names because of forum rules:

There have been multiple instances in history of this server's bsq run where a group of players become some unbeatable superpower and only lose because everyone formed a multi-guild alliance and performed low-brow tactics just to secure wins. The current one and the last one both being guilds whom were VERY FREQUENTLY reported for suspicious activity to WarpPortal.

The extent people will go to in BSQ to get under people's skins and all for a literally worthless SoH and item drops that lose value to repairs is frankly disturbing. Some action has to done at this point when it comes to bsq because let's face it, it's the only active PvP mode now.

I believe i know the guild you refer to, and if we are on the same understanding then it is apparent that their team comp and coop play is very good so ofc playera throughout the years may complain and send ticket but it shows something when the same players still exist, no? The funny this is many players, especially eu and asian and other are very good as well but are spread in various guild and do not play together. So lack of skill is not the issue here but teams. So i suggest what i suggest because of common sense.

I am a pvp fanatic when it comes to who will win etc and i always spectate and this is what i notice.

#16 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

So what I'm getting at is because of this one guild bsq is unfair, dead, and active at the same time because it's the server vs the one guild. While the topic states that because of 2 conjoined twins being a summoner and invoker duo is ruining gameplay for players that don't have time to stack their characters as they do. Where are we going with this? It's never going to be fair in the end even if joining is random or making a separate bsq because of activity,rng, skill, and composition.

What actually makes a difference in the battle square is being stacked, skill, teamwork and composition. Better work on those to balance battlesquare. Assigning players with a different gear gap, different classes, different levels of skill randomly, isn't going to help balance anything at all. Relying on rng for balance is unhealthy for any game.

Edited by Agitodesu, 08 October 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#17 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Please know that it is against the forums terms of use to discuss illegal servers of any kind. Further mentions of this nature will result in forum moderation.

In addition, if this is a discussion regarding a particular guild, it does not belong on the forums. If you have a report to make, send it in a ticket to our support team. All cases are investigated with the information provided. If this topic does go any further off topic I will be locking this thread. 

#18 Roseupfromdead

Roseupfromdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

So what I'm getting at is because of this one guild bsq is unfair, dead, and active at the same time because it's the server vs the one guild. While the topic states that because of 2 conjoined twins being a summoner and invoker duo is ruining gameplay for players that don't have time to stack their characters as they do. Where are we going with this? It's never going to be fair in the end even if joining is random or making a separate bsq because of activity,rng, skill, and composition.

What actually makes a difference in the battle square is being stacked, skill, teamwork and composition. Better work on those to balance battlesquare. Assigning understacked players randomly isn't going to help balance anything due to the said reasons. Relying on rng for balance is unhealthy for any game.

This is the point:

" What actually makes a difference in the battle square is being stacked, skill, teamwork and composition. "

this is how BSQ works, and this is how BSQ should works.

Lets try to Stop blame the one, the guild, the team ruin the balance. Winning BSQ isnt Sins, Losing BSQ isnt Shame.

just skill up, gear up, practice more. 

it would be please if OP can stop Targeted specific players that you  ( i mean original poster) hate and blame everything on them.

as i read all screenshot you provided, original poster spent so much time to screenshot the battle, BUT those shown no matter that specific Targeted players were most scores or number four scores in team or two vs two, OP still blame them too powerful to make him/her lost.

Why personal hate some players will turn into post on forum ask for agree? It just like you lost the BSQ and attacking the winners on forum. 

maybe GM can make battlesquare open 1hour per time instead 3hours per time,

so original poster can has more chance to avoid to "meet" those targeted players who he/she hates so much. 

nerf class, ban winner players(just bcos they win lol ) , attack players on forum that personally hate, separate friends , guild, team  in battlesquare wont help you win.

Randomly join will cause 10 sorc in same side, 10 invoker in same side , or 10 destroyer in same side, i cant imagine what will happens if things like this.

and randomly join will cause MORE switch side, MORE people log alt, More people think upset cos they no longer to play with friends.

pvp is about skills, if thats make you uncomfortable, pve still fun, or pvp room with friends is way more fun and less angry.

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

What actually makes a difference in the battle square is being stacked, skill, teamwork and composition. Better work on those to balance battlesquare. Assigning players with a different gear gap, different classes, different levels of skill randomly, isn't going to help balance anything at all. Relying on rng for balance is unhealthy for any game.

The mode itself is literally stall and disrupt until your arguments are thrown out the window. There are score examples so one-sided the winning side can literally all afk in spawn for a solid few minutes. Comps are literally designed and made for disruption, lockdown and stalling.

Why is healing mandatory to win despite multiple nerfs and HP buffs removed?
What was one of the non-exploit related reasons movement speed had an agreed upon cap to some players?
Why are class tierings for group PvP the same despite all updates?

All these questions have the same answer; The mechanics and design of BattleSquare.

Until a major redesign of BattleSquare occurs you can't really make arguments of skill levels. The gamemode has always been about premade groups with communication advantages over a group of randoms or players scattered across different groups despite similar regions of play. This is why I stated to beat a guild you had to make a similar group, sometimes go even bigger or better. Having to go out of their way, adding players, making guilds, using chat programs and scheduling best times match a group and beat them shouldn't be the solution to a mode that's meant to be a neutral group PvP ground. What I explained is meant for Emporia and big guild vs guild events.

#20 IncestBorn

IncestBorn

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

This is the point:

" What actually makes a difference in the battle square is being stacked, skill, teamwork and composition. "

Wrong:

1) what's making a different is people dual pc while afk camping enough to add a few other players to stack in their team and then log off when the advantage is 3 or 4 more.

2)Not to mention the continues exploits been used in all bsq, normally level 74 below (fact) and as the original post mention is the same guys, guess what all those players came from the same hacking guild once banned before.

​3) Element disadvantage is broken from level 70 below, the lower your bsq the less resistant you have. A level 49 for example all legend 20s no element = dead in 2 hit due to not having element resist.

​4) Heal from skill is the main focus and the main reason bsq has been and always will be broken.

​ BSQ ​has been brought up 1000x with most post been deleted.

How to fix BSQ? Start by not listening to the know it all trolls in the forum, that think they know how the developing face is or should be. Same gamers invading the forum just because they want to be heard and clueless on what's actually happening.

Recommendations: For BSQ

​1) Create an acessorie piece all element resist for each BSQ (except level 80's) that works just like when you gain points from level up, with the exception that the accesorie is for element resist only and not attack, that should level out people that only use 1 element to kill 1 hit. When adding cards to sockets that accesorie piece gain resist just like any adding of cards in sockets. As of now the so called intuitive new element cards are short of pure manure, it stink in every possible way.

2) The original post had the right idea with auto selection of people going into bsq selection and to prevent people from going in and out to select a team, just simply make it that you are allowed to go into that level bsq only once during that bsq mode time. If you get out or log off, you can't go back in. Battlesquare is to do battles not matter who is there, instead they think is EW and mess everything up. BSQ is dead and the community is getting smaller, I could tell you why, but the post will disappear and I will get banned.

​3) Exploits are active in every bsq but the main abusers are the same people with bsq char in every bsq with exploits that give them higher distant, x spam, no lift, no stun, no netbind effect and the list goes on. I could give names and all of their chars in every bsq and yes, I have videos to prove it. But what for? BSQ is broken and even if banned, it will not be much better.

​4)Stop pretending like the balance is taking care off and actually do what's necessary to get the game balance, ie. all skill with heals should of been taken off years ago. Priest and warlock don't need heals, I know, cause I'm both. Anyone that requires a heal is due to not been able to use it properly. FACT.

​5)Stop telling the community is because the way we got the game in Korean and we have to do everything from scratch. No one care from where or how you got it, it's been active for 6 years and it does not take 6 years to understand the program and actually do something constructive.

​6) Stop making IM sets with worthless skills that everyone knows don't work, OMG how dumb does a set has to be old or new with the same shyt stat, evade-aim don't work so don't put it ONNNNNNNNNNNN..........................

​Todays quote: "If it does not work well is because it was not done properly, and if does not work well get off your muahahahaha and do it better". 'Excuses are an option to the poor solutions that does not enhanced the facts". 10/8/2017 yours truly Demon-King. 

Edited by Changename123, 08 October 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#21 BabeRuth

BabeRuth

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Wrong:

1) what's making a different is people dual pc while afk camping enough to add a few other players to stack in their team and then log off when the advantage is 3 or 4 more.

2)Not to mention the continues exploits been used in all bsq, normally level 74 below (fact) and as the original post mention is the same guys, guess what all those players came from the same hacking guild once banned before.

​3) Element disadvantage is broken from level 70 below, the lower your bsq the less resistant you have. A level 49 for example all legend 20s no element = dead in 2 hit due to not having element resist.

​4) Heal from skill is the main focus and the main reason bsq has been and always will be broken.

​ BSQ ​has been brought up 1000x with most post been deleted.

How to fix BSQ? Start by not listening to the know it all trolls in the forum, that think they know how the developing face is or should be. Same gamers invading the forum just because they want to be heard and clueless on what's actually happening.

Recommendations: For BSQ

​1) Create an acessorie piece all element resist for each BSQ (except level 80's) that works just like when you gain points from level up, with the exception that the accesorie is for element resist only and not attack, that should level out people that only use 1 element to kill 1 hit. When adding cards to sockets that accesorie piece gain resist just like any adding of cards in sockets. As of now the so called intuitive new element cards are short of pure manure, it stink in every possible way.

2) The original post had the right idea with auto selection of people going into bsq selection and to prevent people from going in and out to select a team, just simply make it that you are allowed to go into that level bsq only once during that bsq mode time. If you get out or log off, you can't go back in. Battlesquare is to do battles not matter who is there, instead they think is EW and mess everything up. BSQ is dead and the community is getting smaller, I could tell you why, but the post will disappear and I will get banned.

​3) Exploits are active in every bsq but the main abusers are the same people with bsq char in every bsq with exploits that give them higher distant, x spam, no lift, no stun, no netbind effect and the list goes on. I could give names and all of their chars in every bsq and yes, I have videos to prove it. But what for? BSQ is broken and even if banned, it will not be much better.

​4)Stop pretending like the balance is taking care off and actually do what's necessary to get the game balance, ie. all skill with heals should of been taken off years ago. Priest and warlock don't need heals, I know, cause I'm both. Anyone that requires a heal is due to not been able to use it properly. FACT.

​5)Stop telling the community is because the way we got the game in Korean and we have to do everything from scratch. No one care from where or how you got it, it's been active for 6 years and it does not take 6 years to understand the program and actually do something constructive.

​6) Stop making IM sets with worthless skills that everyone knows don't work, OMG how dumb does a set has to be old or new with the same shyt stat, evade-aim don't work so don't put it ONNNNNNNNNNNN..........................

​Todays quote: "If it does not work well is because it was not done properly, and if does not work well get off your muahahahaha and do it better". 'Excuses are an option to the poor solutions that does not enhanced the facts". 10/8/2017 yours truly Demon-King. 

ok Walter.

#22 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

In addition, if this is a discussion regarding a particular guild, it does not belong on the forums. If you have a report to make, send it in a ticket to our support team. All cases are investigated with the information provided. If this topic does go any further off topic I will be locking this thread. 

It really isn't, just so happens that this issue will often revolve around a certain group of players at a time because our game is not that big. if we had say a million players, nobody would be talking about specific people but bsq would still be one sided and this problem would exist just as it does now and always has. Who's winning bsq like this at this particular moment in time doesn't really matter.

Look at any multiplayer pvp game with a match making system. There's 2 ways: either everybody is on a random team or there are specific premade groups that are of the same size. If we take say a generic moba, that'd mean either you play with 5 totally random people against 5 other totally random people, or you play with 2x 2 player premade groups and 1 random person against a similar composition. That's not relying on rng, that's trying to avoid these situations where a group of "better" players end up crushing a group consisting of random "worse" players, because that's not fun for anybody in the long run. Now they can also narrow it down more with elo for example and they don't have to worry about things like gear difference, but the same concept of trying to make the experience better for everybody still applies.

Now it's a bit unrealistic that we could get a system like that and  we dont have the players for it, but the next best thing would be to have the all random be the only option. Being able to pick a side just makes it possible for people to get themselves on to the winning side in various ways which is in my opinion way more unhealthy than randomly generated teams would be. If you want to play with all of your friends 100% of the time there'd still be emporia and normal pvp.

Edited by Precrush, 08 October 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#23 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

So basically people think that without those criteria listed, you can still win and crush players? This is actually quite hilarious. If players are randomly split those criteria still applies on what will decide a victory. And because of those criteria it won't be balanced at all.

I would love to see any one of you guys without gear, communication, garbage composition of classes to demolish fully stacked players with communication and great composition that aren't mentally handicapped at playing there own class.

If you take a generic moba like league of legends where 5 players can queue up together sure, totally random. If you don't pick the proper roles aka team composition, the likelihood of you winning is most likely lower because that's the definition of the meta which no one apparently gets. If you take a genre like a moba stacked vs unstacked.... oh wait no such thing but If they had it I'm sure it would be balanced.Apparently if you suck at the game and go against skilled players that's totally fair too.

Anyways I see more dead battle squares than active ones. I wonder why the entire population doesn't bother to join in and play fairly when those certain group of players aren't on? Think about it. It's a playing ground anyone can join when no one isn't there, but it's full 90% of the time only when players are sided with friends in the first place. It just baffles be on why it's only full when groups are together yet when none of those players are on I don't see a bunch of "noobs" like the original post said playing together with no one to interrupt them?

Edited by Agitodesu, 08 October 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#24 IncestBorn

IncestBorn

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

ok Walter.

I don't know who that person is, but here is an example of a forum troll, makes new forum thread just to spam and not adress the actual issue posted. Like I said before trolls are everywere.

#25 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

This is the point:

this is how BSQ works, and this is how BSQ should works.

Lets try to Stop blame the one, the guild, the team ruin the balance. Winning BSQ isnt Sins, Losing BSQ isnt Shame.

just skill up, gear up, practice more. 

it would be please if OP can stop Targeted specific players that you  ( i mean original poster) hate and blame everything on them.

as i read all screenshot you provided, original poster spent so much time to screenshot the battle, BUT those shown no matter that specific Targeted players were most scores or number four scores in team or two vs two, OP still blame them too powerful to make him/her lost.

Why personal hate some players will turn into post on forum ask for agree? It just like you lost the BSQ and attacking the winners on forum. 

maybe GM can make battlesquare open 1hour per time instead 3hours per time,

so original poster can has more chance to avoid to "meet" those targeted players who he/she hates so much. 

nerf class, ban winner players(just bcos they win lol ) , attack players on forum that personally hate, separate friends , guild, team  in battlesquare wont help you win.

Randomly join will cause 10 sorc in same side, 10 invoker in same side , or 10 destroyer in same side, i cant imagine what will happens if things like this.

and randomly join will cause MORE switch side, MORE people log alt, More people think upset cos they no longer to play with friends.

pvp is about skills, if thats make you uncomfortable, pve still fun, or pvp room with friends is way more fun and less angry.

Except those 5 or 6 people who are playing always together no one is happy about the current situation. This kind of mentality is exactly the reason why the battlesquare is not appealing to anyone but only certain people. Besides, I don't hate them, I don't like them, I don't have any type of feelings for them. I have never had a decent private conversation with them, so I can't judge them. This is not about them. This is about the current situation which makes the rest of the community uncomfortable. Just because people have friends in the game that they made years ago, doesn't mean that other people should have friends or guilds to back them up too. I want to go in and have my own fun. Why do I have to be dependent on my friends. Like I said, there are many modes to play with a team to choose, and battlesquare shouldn't be one of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users