Happy Halloween Ragnarok Online Project! - Page 4 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Happy Halloween Ragnarok Online Project!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#76 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

I would agree with removing tokens from the game if you could go back into instances if you die in them, and continue from where you died, or walk back all the way to where you died or whatever. About 90% of the time I die in instances is because of lag or pos bug, or this kind of crap, and I don't like to be penalized by being denied the right to try to finish the instance, but the way they are implemented now, I don't know if it's something possible for any instance.

Also, no token = No Stephan Jack Earnst Wolf killing.

#77 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

enjoy your endless tower running  :P

#78 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

That would be helpful.

Where can i post it? Or should i send a PM to you ?

#79 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

iRO has no choice but to be different from kRO because kRO will not allow iRO to be simply a translation of kRO. Dunno why, but that's been the case since we got localization rights back in 2008 or so.

#80 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

Token bombing is usable on practically every mvp in the game though, don't really see why people complaining now, been happening a long time. Only way to compete with people who started it is really to join in on it. And tbh even if it's fixed, people are going to find/use other ways to cheese it =\

On the other hand- if it is to be chased to make a way to disable token bombing, wonder if there would be a chance that using tokens also inflicted a sort of skill block for a # of seconds after use to prevent any form of skills form being cast, that way they would be out of invulnerability before being able to start casting anything, yet it would still allow for token users to pick up loot/etc/etc

I can agree to your first portion of the statement. Humans are creatures capable of creating and finding alternatives, even if one way to cheese an MVP is blocked off, there is nothing stopping them from finding other ways to cheese them. 

#81 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Can't we just limit the number of tokens you can carry? Like runestones...It was really sad to watch the token bombing video. Tbh I stopped camping there because of the same reason. But I kinda agree hell's power would cause overall more damage.

Edited by Richkr, 11 October 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#82 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Too bad you're too good at this game while I myself find it very difficult but is still having fun. Let the tokens stay Camp, just because they're volunteers or somethings doesn't mean you have to cater every request they make

#83 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Too bad you're too good at this game while I myself find it very difficult but is still having fun. Let the tokens stay Camp, just because they're volunteers or somethings doesn't mean you have to cater every request they make

Dude just admitted he's bad at the game. Tells GM to not listen to other players, but listen to him. The irony. :u

#84 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Better to do nothing than doing something that will disrupt the whole game because of a pontual problem.

BTW, there's a solution that nobody talked about. How about disabling the MVP spawns until the studio can figure something out? Like changing the way Tokens work so that a cooldown can be applied to them, for example.

#85 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

>Better to do nothing than to disrupt the game
>Hey disable MVP spawns instead

I... I don't even.

Disabling Tokens server wide is unnecessary either way when the only large issue is MVPs in a dungeon that is supposed to be difficult by design and purpose. Applying Hells Power to the MVP doesn't disrupt anyone not going for the MVP, and even if it does its minor and avoidable cases. If someone was to grief other players with Hells Power by dragging the MVP everywhere, thats still griefing and a reportable offense.

#86 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

>Better to do nothing than to disrupt the game
>Hey disable MVP spawns instead

I... I don't even.

Disabling Tokens server wide is unnecessary either way when the only large issue is MVPs in a dungeon that is supposed to be difficult by design and purpose. Applying Hells Power to the MVP doesn't disrupt anyone not going for the MVP, and even if it does its minor and avoidable cases. If someone was to grief other players with Hells Power by dragging the MVP everywhere, thats still griefing and a reportable offense.

And we all know how well reportable offenses are handled. Seriously, no hell's power. Just limit number of tokens carried. If that's not possible, then that's that. Don't ruin everyone else's experience over this.
And no, no matter how you twist it, kRO has most certainly not intended for the MVP to be killed without tokens. That much is crystal clear. It takes a lot of extrapolation and assumptions to say even token spamming is unintended. Limit usage to avoid spam = reasonable. 3 minutes of being unable to rez = 100% unreasonable.

Edited by WolfTri, 11 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#87 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

At the earlier post, just because someone is bad at the game, doesn't mean their opinion is worth any less. If the game was unplayable for bad players, there would hardly be any playerbase left. Even competitive games are balanced with both ends of the spectrum in mind.

What's happening here is that a bunch of people are demanding the MVP be made tougher to kill so they, being the best geared and informed on the server, can have a monopoly on the MVP. Regardless of intent, this is what it will result in. You cannot vastly increase the difficulty of an MVP just to deal with one problematic strategy.

Edited by WolfTri, 11 October 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#88 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Hi guys, we want free stuff so we don't have to spend money on those things. Now that the idea is biting us in the ass and anyone can abuse it we should limit it but only for this part. 

iRO in a nutshell. You don't want P2W, you don't want F2P to win, you don't want people to abuse a system you guys developed then you complain about people abusing it when in reality you abuse it too.  :heh: What if he is actually just spending KP on a bunch of token to do this? How do you know his token's are from the Faceworms? You don't know anything you just assumed.  :heh:

When a favored individual of GMs have a say and affects how the GMs do things  :heh: who even came up with the Faceworm skin idea? Where's the trade GMT coins for Ygg seed/berry so we don't have to rely on bots to farm them? You guys put all your power into developing something that is easily abused then complain about it being abused. 

P.S.: No I don't benefit from tokens in Bio5 I haven't stepped in since day 3. So don't have to accuse me of being the one killing the MVP with token spams. 

#89 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Looking back at the yyd seed and yyd berry, there is a time delay in spamming them.
My opinion here is probably can go fr implementing time delay like 5 mins fr every token spent. Or even make the timer getting longer fr every tokens spent within short period.

#90 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeah put that 5 min delay in so you can lay there with your gum timing out. If you are putting token delay in you should put delay on Resurrect too.  :heh:  

#91 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

Honestly leave the token bombing alone.

The problem is actually the bug with the reward, 500 cursed fragments? They were suppose to give random between 10,20,40,80,100,200,300,400,500 and so on with anything more than a 100 being a super low chance.

If you want to add Hell's power to Bio5 MvP cause ur unhappy of ppl bombing, why don't you just add it to ALL MvPs.

No one should have a 2nd chance with boss fight, its either you die or he/she dies. Its unfair to the MvP that players have 'infite' life while the MvP has only ONE.

#92 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

In the end if you want to take token out take the whole thing out of the game. If you want them in then let them stay everywhere. It is unfair for you to simply limit it on a few maps because someone says so. You think you shoudn't be able to token for MVP? Fine, every boss should have the same mechanic. Why should Bio5 be treated any differently?

In the end you guys just want to get rid of competition because let's be honest and real here. Jerbear and Zayaan are pretty much the one that does the harder MVP consistently for multiple years. And you guys just want to get rid of all the competition there is. Don't try to deny it lol. Oh and guess who camps the only Hell's Power MVP there is? Coincidence? All of you showed up in this thread complaining about this while no one else is complaining.  :heh:​ 

Edited by Diskence, 11 October 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#93 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Token bombing is happening for ages. Or maybe that guy complaining about tokens cant compete with the other player killing bio5 mvp using token bombing. If they use 100 tokens per mvp kill then so be it, t is their own consumptions and not yours.

#94 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

TIL having moderate gear and being likable enough to be able to form a party to compete is asking too much in this community.

You really don't need anywhere near the same amount of gear as Kingdra or Zayaan has to stand a chance against the MVPs they have killed either btw.

#95 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

At the earlier post, just because someone is bad at the game, doesn't mean their opinion is worth any less. If the game was unplayable for bad players, there would hardly be any playerbase left. Even competitive games are balanced with both ends of the spectrum in mind.

What's happening here is that a bunch of people are demanding the MVP be made tougher to kill so they, being the best geared and informed on the server, can have a monopoly on the MVP. Regardless of intent, this is what it will result in. You cannot vastly increase the difficulty of an MVP just to deal with one problematic strategy.

How about getting better at the game instead? People keep playing to get better isn't it?

#96 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

How about getting better at the game instead? People keep playing to get better isn't it?

Exactly. Players must be allowed to grow, rather than wall them off. No one has said they don't even want to get better or not even try. That is their current skill level, why hate them or diss on them for that?

#97 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

TIL you never complained about it before hand, despit this being a thing for years, but you complain about it now doesn't seem suspicious about your motives at all. In the end it's your selfish greed that want's this thing gone instead of actual good will and hoping the community gets better with this mechanic removed. Good try though, but here blame me for being one of the people that causes you to quit this game.

#98 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Exactly. Players must be allowed to grow, rather than wall them off. No one has said they don't even want to get better or not even try. That is their current skill level, why hate them or diss on them for that?

I never said I hate anyone. :U I'm just pointing out, you grow by doing things you aren't good at and try and get better, not from trying to pull down the standard and cheapen everything terribly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to fight for either side because I'm already done with this game. GMs already lowered the bar for this game a long time ago and continues to, so I'm sure you guys will keep getting everything easy mode. There's really nothing to aspire for at this point for me and no new content excites me due to how cheap the experience is. Irony is the high price to pay for these cheap experiences though.

Anyways, have fun at it. I see this forum is still the same old. :v

#99 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Maybe something like WoW:

Noob: LFR, less drop chance

Pro: Mythic, more drop chance, Hell Power

Could add more to further make them different, what about it guys?

Edited by YongkySH, 11 October 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#100 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

I never said I hate anyone. :U I'm just pointing out, you grow by doing things you aren't good at and try and get better, not from trying to pull down the standard and cheapen everything terribly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to fight for either side because I'm already done with this game. GMs already lowered the bar for this game a long time ago and continues to, so I'm sure you guys will keep getting everything easy mode. There's really nothing to aspire for at this point for me and no new content excites me due to how cheap the experience is. Irony is the high price to pay for these cheap experiences though.

Anyways, have fun at it. I see this forum is still the same old. :v

The moment you guys wanted the free player to have access to tokens through in-game means, you effectively did pull down the standard and cheapen everything terribly.

To think it would bring balance to the game was the biggest mistake the people who wanted it to happen thought, as all it did was just spiral everyone into corruption.

I am of course not against what you say Fier, you have a good point, im just quoting you for that tiny bit I wanted to use and I am abit too lazy to delete unecessary parts to it.

So we have a token bombing issue and all i wanted was a big boobs female sprite enhancement to enrich my gameplay experience.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users