Happy Halloween Ragnarok Online Project! - Page 5 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Happy Halloween Ragnarok Online Project!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#101 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

It removes a lot of challenge from any game

your bio4 parties also removes the challenge of reaching max lvl. :heh: should we remove you too? 

on a serious note, 

ragnarok online should implement LEVELING DOWN already. even in max lvl. so token abusers have a penalty. they can do what they want with their supply, but it has a backlash. lol

Edited by BlackMeow, 11 October 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#102 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

your bio4 parties also removes the challenge of reaching max lvl. :heh: should we remove you too? 

on a serious note, 

ragnarok online should implement LEVELING DOWN already. even in max lvl. so token abusers have a penalty. they can do what they want with their supply, but it has a backlash. lol

Well now buddy....lets not get hasty here (thinks about all the times my Warlock has died trying to get to lvl 151), I think we dont need to complicate the matter so badly dont you think? lets sit and enjoy some hentai and talk this over like cultured gentlemen do?

#103 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

I never said I hate anyone. :U I'm just pointing out, you grow by doing things you aren't good at and try and get better, not from trying to pull down the standard and cheapen everything terribly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to fight for either side because I'm already done with this game. GMs already lowered the bar for this game a long time ago and continues to, so I'm sure you guys will keep getting everything easy mode. There's really nothing to aspire for at this point for me and no new content excites me due to how cheap the experience is. Irony is the high price to pay for these cheap experiences though.

Anyways, have fun at it. I see this forum is still the same old. :v

Yeah it is the same, you are still here. 

#104 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

Why are people so afraid of actually making supposedly hard mvps only killable with a proper strategy or a party to back you up? Noone said ALL mvps would have Hell's Power, only what's being killed in such a cheap way. Whose "game experience" (can you say they're even playing looking at that mvp killing video?) is ruined when only a handful of people are the ones benefitting from it? in which case, they'd have to adjust their gameplay and actually, yes, git gud.

And what about people who actually farm the map for hours to get their fragments? meanwhile, a single player can dish out 100 tokens, wait for others to do the work of summoning the mvp, and get triple the rewards for basically zero effort. Just my two cents here!

#105 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Why are people so afraid of actually making supposedly hard mvps only killable with a proper strategy or a party to back you up? Noone said ALL mvps would have Hell's Power, only what's being killed in such a cheap way. Whose "game experience" (can you say they're even playing looking at that mvp killing video?) is ruined when only a handful of people are the ones benefitting from it? in which case, they'd have to adjust their gameplay and actually, yes, git gud.

Putting in hell's power ruins the experience for anyone who dies and tokens at least once. In trying to stop the people who spam tokens, you will effectively wall off everyone else who dies too, even if they die only once or twice. And let me be clear, dying 1-3 times even to average MVPs is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Not everyone has a tao and gtb and some other nonsense to entirely avoid death, and the game just is not designed to be deathless. The moment tokens became a thing, the game has been developed around their use. And players are no one to dictate how "good" another player should be to clear content, it's not up to you to tell people to git gud. If kRO thinks they're good enough, and you think they're not, well I don't see any reason to prioritize your standards over theirs.

#106 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

1. Leave the Faceworm skin bussiness alone. I have guildie who cant do anything else except keep farming skins to sell. I buy few hundreds million to support them even i can farm it on my own. CSR gaaaiisss...!

2. I keep doing bio5 because it's challenging. I cant except token disable or hell's power punishment just for d sake to mitigate the mvp hunter. I dont care bout the mvp inside there coz i cant kill it anyway.

3. Should ve spawn the bio5 mvp in seperate room away from us, dedicated bio5 mobs hunter. Inside that room we dont care if u want to disable token, impose hell power, cannot pot whatsoever. Make it like bio4 mvp room but in addition, to enter the room when it spawn, u need to queu like in some job change quest.

**IM SO SMART!!**

#107 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Putting in hell's power ruins the experience for anyone who dies and tokens at least once. In trying to stop the people who spam tokens, you will effectively wall off everyone else who dies too, even if they die only once or twice. And let me be clear, dying 1-3 times even to average MVPs is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Not everyone has a tao and gtb and some other nonsense to entirely avoid death, and the game just is not designed to be deathless

There are workaround ways to kill it without dying (or dying very little) with a bit of practice and regular gear so long you have partners with you, but of course only someone who actually bothers killing it properly would plan for it. Otherwise, just gotta be braindead lazy and spam tokens, am I right?

By the way, you can always walk back to the map once you die. If you have to do it, your competition has too.

2. I keep doing bio5 because it's challenging. I cant except token disable or hell's power punishment just for d sake to mitigate the mvp hunter. I dont care bout the mvp inside there coz i cant kill it anyway.

In which case Hell's Power won't affect you at all since only the mvp would use this skill, no problem!

#108 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

There are workaround ways to kill it without dying (or dying very little) with a bit of practice and regular gear so long you have partners with you, but of course only someone who actually bothers killing it properly would plan for it. Otherwise, just gotta be braindead lazy and spam tokens, am I right?

By the way, you can always walk back to the map once you die. If you have to do it, your competition has too.

Workaround + company increases the requirement for non MVP geared players to get it. 
Your competition doesn't have to walk back if they don't die, hello tao and gtb.

This whole thing is a disgusting attempt by the highest tier players to crush everyone else from comping their MVPs. Didn't expect it from you as well tbh.

#109 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

In which case Hell's Power won't affect you at all since only the mvp would use this skill, no problem!

Oh you re right. Im not so smart after all. Hahaha let it be hell's power then! ROFL

But one day later when im ready to face up MVP, it would be frustrated if there is Hell'Power...either solo or party play. This map is so small unlike Satan Morroc where we can run far and mobs are much less dangerous. Haha

#110 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

I think we may as well not post anything more on the issue, Varun is too butt hurt to actually think about what he is saying, he is literally acting like I did when I was complaining about the syringe.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 October 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#111 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

y'all need some ice cream coz y'all need to chill

#112 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

I think we may as well not post anything more on the issue, Varun is too butt hurt to actually think about what he is saying, he is literally acting like I did when I was complaining about the syringe.

Stop making it sound like I'm the only one in disagreement. There's plenty more.

#113 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

This was a problem before, why pretend it just happened now? Don't have to complain before cause no one bothers with Bio3 MVP other than you guys. Now it causes competition for you guys so you act like this just happened.  :heh:

But hey like I said, keep pretending you guys are trying to better the community. And it's pretty obvious who the people complaining are but no one is calling you guys out cause people who cared all left the game already. You guys can drive more away. 

#114 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

Hi Vmod, I think a member of the community is making personal attack on the forum, please edit his post.  :heh: I think he is a little bit insulted. 

#115 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Hi Vmod, I think a member of the community is making personal attack on the forum, please edit his post.  :heh: I think he is a little bit insulted. 

Vmod Nirvanna is on the case!
Edit: Guys I was joking about the vmod part, pls no srs

Edited by WolfTri, 11 October 2017 - 11:59 PM.

#116 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

Workaround + company increases the requirement for non MVP geared players to get it. 
Your competition doesn't have to walk back if they don't die, hello tao and gtb.

This whole thing is a disgusting attempt by the highest tier players to crush everyone else from comping their MVPs. Didn't expect it from you as well tbh.

Tao and gtb aren't the solution to bio 5 mvps... that's the problem, people think mvps give you a godly status where you're suddenly invincible and cannot be beaten, so they want the easiest and fastest way to match someone who has geared themselves for a LONG time, and in this case, tokens are the solution removing a "requirement" as you mention? well, RO is heavy on gear progression (but not so much nowadays with OCP gears), you work towards a goal to be more effective than others. I could be that guy spamming tokens with a gene geared to the teeth, but I choose not to, because it's just... dumb.

If you wish to believe the world is out to get you, then be it, I'm doumbfounded a high tier mvp would go down like this and don't agree with it. I don't find any other opinion different than mine disgusting, it's the GMs who have the last word after all.

#117 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

Tao and gtb aren't the solution to bio 5 mvps... that's the problem, people think mvps give you a godly status where you're suddenly invincible and cannot be beaten, so they want the easiest and fastest way to match someone who has geared themselves for a LONG time, and in this case, tokens are the solution removing a "requirement" as you mention? well, RO is heavy on gear progression (but not so much nowadays with OCP gears), you work towards a goal to be more effective than others. I could be that guy spamming tokens with a gene geared to the teeth, but I choose not to, because it's just... dumb.

If you wish to believe the world is out to get you, then be it, I'm doumbfounded a high tier mvp would go down like this and don't agree with it. I don't find any other opinion different than mine disgusting, it's the GMs who have the last word after all.

Again, I'm not personally against stopping the token spam "cheese" strat. But the Hell's Power solution suggested causes waaaay too much collateral damage to be an acceptable fix. You throw every other normal player under the bus too, along with AB resurrection. Many people have said hell's power is a no, but for some reason [snip] keeps coming back saying they wan't hell's power. I assume it's because no other alternative seems likely, but in this case I very much think Hell's Power will do a lot more harm than good. Toxn himself stated the abuse part. Hell's Power entirely removes tokens from the equation, when they were very much intended to be part of the game. Reducing token use on the MVP is okay. Not entirely removing. Remove cheese strat, you won't affect a lot people. Just the 1 or 2 groups who use that strat. But Hell's Power does more than just that, it heavily punishes anyone who does not have a deathless run against the MVP. This increases MVP difficulty to a level far higher than the developers ever intended, and will also result in a monopoly/oligopoly of the MVP being only doable by already experienced and decked out groups of players. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 12 October 2017 - 11:48 AM.
Mod Edit: Let's leave guilds names out please.

#118 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

VMod Nirvana. Please suggest putting hellspower on mvp at SkyFortress and disable tokens too. Thanks!

#119 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:58 PM

VMod Nirvana. Please suggest putting hellspower on mvp at SkyFortress and disable tokens too. Thanks!

yeah that things being camped the -_- out of. We may as well make Cothren use Hells power too, hes being camped the -_- out of after flying every 100 floors then subsequently every 50. If we gonna make it for for one lot of MVP's, may as well make it for for all MVP's.

#120 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

yeah that things being camped the -_- out of. We may as well make Cothren use Hells power too, hes being camped the -_- out of after flying every 100 floors then subsequently every 50. If we gonna make it for for one lot of MVP's, may as well make it for for all MVP's.

Hahahahahaha. Best complement ever.

#121 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

Except that at most, the only thing that will do is to add 5 mins to your run :v.

#122 MerchantDice

MerchantDice

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

make FW for vip only :D

#123 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:57 AM

Again, I'm not personally against stopping the token spam "cheese" strat. But the Hell's Power solution suggested causes waaaay too much collateral damage to be an acceptable fix. You throw every other normal player under the bus too, along with AB resurrection. Many people have said hell's power is a no, but for some reason [snip] keeps coming back saying they wan't hell's power. I assume it's because no other alternative seems likely, but in this case I very much think Hell's Power will do a lot more harm than good. Toxn himself stated the abuse part. Hell's Power entirely removes tokens from the equation, when they were very much intended to be part of the game. Reducing token use on the MVP is okay. Not entirely removing. Remove cheese strat, you won't affect a lot people. Just the 1 or 2 groups who use that strat. But Hell's Power does more than just that, it heavily punishes anyone who does not have a deathless run against the MVP. This increases MVP difficulty to a level far higher than the developers ever intended, and will also result in a monopoly/oligopoly of the MVP being only doable by already experienced and decked out groups of players. 

So you don't like Hell Power as a solution, even though the only ones affected would be those in the viewing distance of an MVP, which always spawns in the northern area so is completely avoidable. What would your suggestion be, considering time is a concern?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 12 October 2017 - 11:49 AM.
Edited in quote

#124 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

So you don't like Hell Power as a solution, even though the only ones affected would be those in the viewing distance of an MVP, which always spawns in the northern area so is completely avoidable. What would your suggestion be, considering time is a concern?

Leave it be > Hell's Power.

I've said like 50 times already that it affects OTHER PLAYERS FIGHTING THE MVP WHO DO USE TOKENS. Using tokens on MVPs is very much intentional. The problem here is only token SPAM. Find a solution that fixes that without forsaking everyone else who actually do need tokens from time to time. 

That said, people have suggested limiting the number of tokens you can carry, after which you have to kafra card or buy from kafra shop directly, both of which involve using actual $ which benefits the game, not related to GFSS.

A short re-use delay on tokens would also be okay, like 10-15 seconds. Basically anything that specifically only affects token acid bomb cheese, and nothing else.

#125 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

Leave it be > Hell's Power.

I've said like 50 times already that it affects OTHER PLAYERS FIGHTING THE MVP WHO DO USE TOKENS. Using tokens on MVPs is very much intentional. The problem here is only token SPAM. Find a solution that fixes that without forsaking everyone else who actually do need tokens from time to time. 

That said, people have suggested limiting the number of tokens you can carry, after which you have to kafra card or buy from kafra shop directly, both of which involve using actual $ which benefits the game, not related to GFSS.

A short re-use delay on tokens would also be okay, like 10-15 seconds. Basically anything that specifically only affects token acid bomb cheese, and nothing else.

Well leaving it be does just as much damage, leaving it be killed WoE right? So maybe they should disable Bio5 MVPs until kRO makes a decision?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users