• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:47 AM

My five friends and I are going to play in idRO new renewal server. All my friends never played renewal before, and I'm not very familiar with 3rd class other than GX.

Our party will consist of Gene, RK, Sura, Maestro, AB, Sorcerer. We will focus on PvM contents only. We need advice on each class build and role. In this thread I will ask specifically about AB.

Server info
- Episode 14
- No HBP and FAW yet
- No stat/skill reset (very rare, only available during certain event)

Planned skill build
Acolyte
Ruwach 1
Teleport 2
Warpportal 4
Pneuma 1
Heal 10
Cure 1
Increase Agi 10
Decrease Agi 0
Aqua Benedicta 1
Divine Protection 5
Angelus 2
Blessing 10

2 points left

1. Is Decrease Agi useful in PvM?
2. Should I put the rest of my skill points to Dec Agi or Angelus?

High Priest
Kyrie Eleison 10
Magnificat 3
Gloria 1
Status Recovery 1
Increase SP Recovery 5
Resurrection 4
Lex Divina 5
Lex Aeterna 1
Impositio Manus 3
Suffragium 0
Sanctuary 7
Aspersio 4
Safety Wall 10
Assumptio 5
Meditatio 10

0 points left

3. Is it okay to drop Suffragium? How useful is it for our party?
4. Should I lower Meditatio/Kyrie/Assumptio to get higher lvl of Magni/Gloria/Impo or just leave it as it is?

Arch Bishop
Coluceo Heal 3
Renovatio 1
High Heal 5
Offertorium 5
Clementia 3
Ancilla 1
Epiclesis 5
Praefatio 10
Oratio 5
Duple Light 5
Expiatio 1
Sacrament 5
Lauda Agnus 0
Lauda Ramus 0
Clearance 0
Silentium 0
Canto Candidus 3

7 points left

5. Is Lauda Agnus/L. Ramus/Clearance/Silentium useful in PvM?

6. What do you think about my skill build? Did I miss anything? Should I change anything?
7. Please help me complete and improve my build.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

1. + 2. Decrease Agi and Angelus are both useless in PvM. I usually put the points into the equally useless Divine Protection because it at least is a passive skill.

3. Suffragium is useless with renewal. Your problem will be fixed cast, not variable. If anything it would only help at really low levels you will leave behind fast anyways.

4. Magni 3 is good enough, you just have to recast slightly more often than lvl 5.
Gloria 1 is good enough to help pot, the only other reason to use it would be partying with a warg ranger. The 30 luk are not useful enough to excuse the short duration of Gloria, no matter the level.
Impo is another skill I never really used wih renewal. Gears matter way more.

5. Silentium can be useful in places like Bio4 to reduce the incomming damage.

6. + 7. Can take a better look at this once I'm home.

Edit:

6. + 7. Aco and HP trees look great, I use the same.

One thing for AB though:

Praefatio 10 is bad, because it's reuse time increases with skillevel and the skillevel is fixed. I'm actually sad you cannot just leave this at 1 because it's pretty spammable at that level. :(

Epiclesis is also rather meh. Sure it increases max HP while you stand inside it, but as soon as your Sorc uses Magnetic Earth that's it.

The HP and SP heals are also not THAT great - especially if you party with a Sorc who can just Soul Exhale.

The biggest use I ever got out of Epiclesis was that it resses people that are inside it's AoE when it is cast - this only works when the tree appears though, not when it is already standing there.

With the skillpoints you could free from that you can grab Silentium 5.

At that point I'd honestly leave the leftover skillpoints open and see what you will need most between both Laudas and Clearance.

click for TL;DR version

Edited by kubikyuu, 11 October 2017 - 07:03 AM.

#3 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

1. + 2. Decrease Agi and Angelus are both useless in PvM. I usually put the points into the equally useless Divine Protection because it at least is a passive skill.

3. Suffragium is useless with renewal. Your problem will be fixed cast, not variable. If anything it would only help at really low levels you will leave behind fast anyways.

4. Magni 3 is good enough, you just have to recast slightly more often than lvl 5.
Gloria 1 is good enough to help pot, the only other reason to use it would be partying with a warg ranger. The 30 luk are not useful enough to excuse the short duration of Gloria, no matter the level.
Impo is another skill I never really used wih renewal. Gears matter way more.

5. Silentium can be useful in places like Bio4 to reduce the incomming damage.

6. + 7. Can take a better look at this once I'm home.

Thanks. Looking forward to 6 & 7.

What about L. Ramus, L. Agnus, and Clearance? Should I invest more points into them or just leave them at prereq lvl?

I just read more about Praefatio. It has the same durability and duration at all lvl. Higher lvl increases number of hits blocked, but the cooldown also increases with lvl.

Is it okay to leave Praefatio at lvl 5 for prereq? I think of using lvl 1 because (nvm, it has fixed lvl) I think it's mainly used to block burst damage. Assumptio is more suitable for tanking. What do you think?

If I lower Praefatio to lvl 5, I will have 12 points left. How many lvl of Silentium do you recommend?

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#4 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

6. + 7. Aco and HP trees look great, I use the same.

One thing for AB though:

Praefatio 10 is bad, because it's reuse time increases with skillevel and the skillevel is fixed. I'm actually sad you cannot just leave this at 1 because it's pretty spammable at that level. :(

Epiclesis is also rather meh. Sure it increases max HP while you stand inside it, but as soon as your Sorc uses Magnetic Earth that's it.

The HP and SP heals are also not THAT great - especially if you party with a Sorc who can just Soul Exhale.

The biggest use I ever got out of Epiclesis was that it resses people that are inside it's AoE when it is cast - this only works when the tree appears though, not when it is already standing there.

With the skillpoints you could free from that you can grab Silentium 5.

At that point I'd honestly leave the leftover skillpoints open and see what you will need most between both Laudas and Clearance.

click for TL;DR version

Thanks.

I think I'm gonna keep Epiclesis at lvl 5 for our RK. We need all the buff we can get to boost our damage because we'll be practically gearless.

I can reset later if I need to max Clearance/Laudas. Hopefully Neuralizer won't be as rare as stat reset.

Is there any npc ailment that is only curable by Clearance or Laudas?

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#5 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Planned stat build

Lvl 175

str 1

agi 95 (+5 job bonus)

vit 93 (+7 job bonus)

int 100

dex 100

luk 98 (+2 job bonus)

289 points left

Is this a good build for FS AB? Should I change anything?

Where should I put the rest of my stat points?

Can you recommend a good stat progression from lvl 100-175?

Do ABs need Temporal Boots?

Thanks.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:31 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

You dont need that much luk, cap at 77 base at most, IF you plan to use ArchAngeling at some point, otherwise it can be even lower.

AB doesnt needs temporal boots, but having the very fast cast from temp dex feels very good. (120 dex).

If you are ok with the healing potency/sp regen/cast times/aspd/resists/HP/etc, just dumo points into STR, thr extra weight limit is always nice and allows you to carry more consumables or gear swaps.

#7 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

You dont need that much luk, cap at 77 base at most, IF you plan to use ArchAngeling at some point, otherwise it can be even lower.

AB doesnt needs temporal boots, but having the very fast cast from temp dex feels very good. (120 dex).

If you are ok with the healing potency/sp regen/cast times/aspd/resists/HP/etc, just dumo points into STR, thr extra weight limit is always nice and allows you to carry more consumables or gear swaps.

Thanks. I don't know if I will ever get Arch Angeling Card, but I'd like to keep that option open. 77 luk means no curse immunity. But I guess it's fine since it can easily be cured with Bless.

Is there any other npc ailment that is also resisted by luk?

What do you think about this build?
120 dex build
str 8
agi 77+5+18 (job bonus+cantocandidus)
vit 93+7
int 112
dex 120
luk 77

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Luk affects every resistance by 1/10 the effectiveness of their main stats.

B). But with less int and more str.

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Hello hello,

1. I think differently about decrease AGI, there are a few monsters you would want to purposely slow down the incoming of. I would advise to get lvl 2.

2. Leave both at level 2, that is all thats needed. Angelus is not used except by a smaller group of Bishops.

3. It is absolutely fine not to pick up this skill. This skill carries itself independantly from other cast reduction, it applies itself seperately after stats but before cast time gears and is therefore useless.

4. These are all fine. If you are going to be helping it potting a lvl 1 Gloria is fine. If you are really very desperate for abit more breathing time consider dropping KE down to lvl 8 and adding the two leftover points to Gloria. Conversely, if you really feel Gloria serves no purpose to you like Kibikyuu says, consider dropping it and having Aspersio to lvl 5 for the simple matter of the utility of the skill.

5. They are all useful in PVM, i greatly advise max of both Lauda skills as it provides the best chance, + it also gives a good stat increase to members not effected by status effects it cures, this is essentially your AoE Status Recov and Cure, there are of course still some status effects not cured by these but for the majority they are good to use especially consdering the range capability is screenwide. Clearance is very good to have, it is a mostly cost effective version to dispell so save on the sorcs blue gemstone use, as well as being a very good utility skill that gets rid of the more nasty 3rd class statuses. I would still recommend it to lvl 3,4 or 5. Silentium is a much more favoured skill because silencing mobs at Bio4 is a thing, you should consider it, and if you do its lvl 5 or not at all, you need all that range you can get.

6. Your tree's look quite good to be honest, a very staple Support Bishop tree. I however strongy advise you keep Praefatio to lvl 5 and no higher, the higher the skill only effects how many more hits it is allowed to block for you before it disipates as there is a higher cooldown with it. The Amount of damage it can block is already very much set outside the party member bonus and therefore these are not effected by skill level. I would highly advise against this skill going any higher unless you have people tanking mobs at 1 damage all round and desperately want those extra hit blocks.

7.  A questionability between getting Epic Tree and Expiatio to 5 is a heavily debated thing, both have their uses, Kubikyuu is right however that if your sorc is spending the majority providing ME, it is less likely you will be using Epic tree, but nobody has ever said you cannot cast a tree close to the ME and you stand near the tree, but still within the ME to gain the effect. Expiatio is also a nice skill to have at lvl 5 because at max it will bypass the hard DEF of monsters by 25% (5% per lvl) and even works with other hard DEF bypassing effects. Although you may be partying with damage classes that wont rely on bypass effects but it could be a nice skill to have. The choice is yours, there is no wrong going either way or not at all.

More questions answered later!

Edited by PervySageMarty, 11 October 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

More questions answered:

1. Assumptio is indeed the preferred tanking tool you should use on Sura's when they are under MS, Assumptio should also be used most times, as the damage mitigation is far exceeding what KE can provide. But this does not mean KE has no use, but when taking on MVP's especially, Assumptio is more highly preferred as you are going to be taking on both physical and magical portion damage.

2. Your build plan looks very good. I would however want to make a recommendation that if you are getting the LUK to 77 anyways, why not grab 2 more LUK and go up to the next matk bonus? 1 MATK can potentially mean another 5-6 heal, which may be what tips the scales in your favour. I would also recommend at least 30 STR as you would want a high carry capacity for Bgems. 120 DEX is staple and most Bishops use temporal DEX boots as the majority of their skills have quite a long Fixed cast time attached, less than a Warlocks, but all round are quote high for a support class.

4. There is no right or wrong in stat progression so long as you initially raise INT well into the 80-90 before pumping into other stats. What really would effect your decisions for stat placement at certain levels is where you view your AB stands, do you stand closer to the front with the tank? The very middle behind the front tank and melee attackers but in front of the backline casters and range supports? Or do you see yourself as a backline support AB standing with the backliners and taking advantage of your skill range? Anecdotal thinking would suggest the closer you are to the front the more likely you are to put stats into VIT and AGI way before the 120 DEX is achieved, but this is also up to personal taste.

You are the main character in this story, I can only make recommendations, it is up to you to take what you think helps you, there is no right or wrong to character building so long as its something you play effectively personally.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 11 October 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#11 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

preferred stat progression is

not to spend stat points above 100 at lower levels (base 101-110)

better spread out to 2/3/4 stats than focused on 1-2

unless a gear requires it like temporal dex

#12 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Luk affects every resistance by 1/10 the effectiveness of their main stats.

B). But with less int and more str.

Thanks for the info.

str 8 24

agi 77+5+18 (job bonus+cantocandidus)
vit 93+7
int 112 110
dex 120
luk 77

Is this better?

@Marty

Just letting you know the AB won't be an alt slave. My friend will main it. I will play it too because we'll often swap characters.

@Marty post #9

5. I thought Laudas are single target skills. Is there any monster that can inflict 3rd class ailment?

7. Didn't know Expiatio is such a good skill. But I don't think it's gonna be useful for our RK and Gene. It'll be very good for Ranger though. I might just make another AB for our Ranger party.

@Marty post #10

2. I think I prefer more sp from int than matk from luk. What if I use Gym Pass, do I still need str?

Planned stat progression

Lvl 100

int 90

dex 60

vit 60

agi 60

Lvl 101-175

vit 93 → dex 90  agi 77  dex 120  int 110  luk 77  str 24

Skill build update

Arch Bishop

Coluceo Heal 3

Renovatio 1
High Heal 5
Offertorium 5
Clementia 3
Ancilla 1
Epiclesis 1
Praefatio 5
Oratio 5
Duple Light 5
Expiatio 1
Sacrament 5
Lauda Agnus 2
Lauda Ramus 2
Clearance 1
Silentium 5
Canto Candidus 3

6 points left

Option 1

Lauda Agnus 2

Lauda Ramus 2

Clearance 3

Epiclesis or Expiatio 5

Dragon Breath will be our main/only source of damage til we can gear up our Gene. The 25% max hp bonus from Epiclesis seems too good to give up even though we'll probably only use it in instance.

Expiatio is for our 2nd AB to support our Ranger party.

Option 2

Lauda Agnus 4

Lauda Ramus 4

Clearance 3

Option 3

Lauda Agnus 3

Lauda Ramus 3

Clearance 5

Which will you choose?

Do Laudas and Clearance go on cooldown when the skill fails?

Is there anyway to have max Epiclesis, Laudas, Clearance? Maybe I can extract points from other skills? Which skills?

Thanks.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#13 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Hellohello,

1. Lauda's are party skills similar to Magnificat and Gloria which only work in the party. So fear not, they arent single target skills.

2. Personally on my AB i would always carry around 200+ (A stable threshold I find) Bgems around at all times. My recommendation for 30 STR (taking Gym pass into account already) stems from my thinking and how many gems you carry around is totally up to you. Therefore if you have the capacity to hold "X" number of gems and still are underweight then there is not need to pay any heed to my recommendations. I however highly suggest you get a Gym pass simply because its more about making the game easier on yourself than anything. Added Luxury.

3. All options have their merits, the simple fact that you added a note on option 1 stating why you need particular skill "X" already tells me you have already chosen Option 1 over the other options. Go by what you feel is the correct path for you.

4. Lauda's and Clearance go into cooldown regardless whether they work or not.

5. This is a tricky one. My best suggestion would be to excavate skill points off Offertorium and add them into Lauda's and Clearance. Not saying that having it is bad, Offertorium is a fabulous skill additional healing potency, but as the most current way of RO goes, potting is more than likely the faster and easier way to recovery compared to spending time for healing. you can most likely leave Offertorium to level 1, where its use is in that it can get rid of many of the most nasty status effects which there are no cures outside of Clearance or Dispell for on the AB themselves, such as Slow Cast and Bleeding. another good spendature with the 4 points when leaving Offertorium at lvl 1 is to get lauda's to lvl 3 and Clearance to lvl 3 and the leftover point going to which you feel is better for the choice.

If I am to assume the server you will be playing has 175/60, an example of the skill mapped out for easier understanding would be:

(assuming you take Epic Tree for this AB, swap over the points to Expiatio if not)

http://irowiki.org/~...abkfqsrDlfqAIn1

Clearance to 5 for 100% chance to cancel out status effects as clearance has a very long cooldown for a recovery type skill.

Again the choice is yours, you may decide to take of two points from Clearance and max out the Lauda's, which is another good option. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 11 October 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#14 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hellohello,

1. Lauda's are party skills similar to Magnificat and Gloria which only work in the party. So fear not, they arent single target skills.

2. Personally on my AB i would always carry around 200+ (A stable threshold I find) Bgems around at all times. My recommendation for 30 STR (taking Gym pass into account already) stems from my thinking and how many gems you carry around is totally up to you. Therefore if you have the capacity to hold "X" number of gems and still are underweight then there is not need to pay any heed to my recommendations. I however highly suggest you get a Gym pass simply because its more about making the game easier on yourself than anything. Added Luxury.

3. All options have their merits, the simple fact that you added a note on option 1 stating why you need particular skill "X" already tells me you have already chosen Option 1 over the other options. Go by what you feel is the correct path for you.

4. Lauda's and Clearance go into cooldown regardless whether they work or not.

5. This is a tricky one. My best suggestion would be to excavate skill points off Offertorium and add them into Lauda's and Clearance. Not saying that having it is bad, Offertorium is a fabulous skill additional healing potency, but as the most current way of RO goes, potting is more than likely the faster and easier way to recovery compared to spending time for healing. you can most likely leave Offertorium to level 1, where its use is in that it can get rid of many of the most nasty status effects which there are no cures outside of Clearance or Dispell for on the AB themselves, such as Slow Cast and Bleeding. another good spendature with the 4 points when leaving Offertorium at lvl 1 is to get lauda's to lvl 3 and Clearance to lvl 3 and the leftover point going to which you feel is better for the choice.

If I am to assume the server you will be playing has 175/60, an example of the skill mapped out for easier understanding would be:

(assuming you take Epic Tree for this AB, swap over the points to Expiatio if not)

http://irowiki.org/~...abkfqsrDlfqAIn1

Clearance to 5 for 100% chance to cancel out status effects as clearance has a very long cooldown for a recovery type skill.

Again the choice is yours, you may decide to take of two points from Clearance and max out the Lauda's, which is another good option. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Marty. I'll follow your skill build. I like it very much. I agree with Clearance 5. It has a long cooldown, so you want to make sure it doesn't fail. And I think it's important to cure Critical Wound.

Since Offertorium cures bleeding, I think I'm gonna tweak my stat build again later. Unless 100 total agi is needed for other ailment immunity.

Once again, thank you for answering my questions. It's time for me to sleep.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 15 October 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

Sleep like the Mana Goddess when she transformed into the Tree of Mana to watch over all life she created?

#16 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

I think that looks good :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users