Halloween event, another fail, another big mistake - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Halloween event, another fail, another big mistake

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

Long respawn time, few spots on maps, every spots there are 20-30 russians lvl90 (even for the 50 mobs)... So another event for russians... and more event for russians = less players.....

When will you learn to make events for everybody?

#2 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

Halloween event should be the best event for Requiem, but what we get is a copy-paste unfair ugly event. A copy paste that takes less than a day to add, what else is he working on? I don't see anything else other than this fail event.
Also I do not advice to ask for better event, because all he can come up with are terrible compound formulas from mats that drop by monopolized mobs that aim for terrible or terribly unbalanced items. And you know why? Because in all this years he only copy pasted stuff. Even the most simple basic item he created is a copy paste version, literally EVERYTHING. Years and years of working for Requiem and he never made a decent event for everyone to enjoy, even without being a producer at all (in terms of knowledge), a good "person" should be able to make a proper event, there are tons of suggestions that ask little effort. I really miss Alteris, which is terrible too, but at this point, would be better if Alteris was the producer, he at least put some effort, tries to listen community, sure he fails a lot, but at least he tries...helium come up with the usual p2w items and the usual copy-paste stuff...jesus

Edited by Kazara, 12 October 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#3 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

Long respawn time, few spots on maps, every spots there are 20-30 russians lvl90 (even for the 50 mobs)... So another event for russians... and more event for russians = less players.....

When will you learn to make events for everybody?

This is completely wrong, the spots have very few people, less than 10 on each spot, and many of them are new characters trying to get level jump 89. Blaming Russians is just become a common thing for some people. And most of they level 90s are just wanting to see the drops and will soon leave when they realise its nothing interesting. We will likely see many level 90s there in the next days to check the spots or to level alts, because this is not worth anyone to camp.

Now to talk about the real problems.

Very few spots on only 2 maps. Add more locations.

Respawn time of Pumpkin is over 1 hour. This is far to long for the drops that we are getting.

There are 2 "ok" drops from Witches and Wizards, 1st being Haunted box, which is only "ok" because of the chance maker with an "ok" chance to get it (12%)

2nd "ok" drop being the level jump 89, but this is purely for current players to make more alts to enable them to do more dailys but is completely conflicted with a EXP Event, also if there was any new players they would completely bypass all maps, all low level maps remain empty.

Pumpkin drops are not good enough for the long Respawn time, you would think with this long respawn they are dropping gold dust but in actual fact they are dropping supermarket own brand dust.

[SEALED]  Items that dropped in previous halloween event are removed. Yes, we did ask that HP 40% and Stats 20% were removed but it didnt mean you had to remove everything, but i guess this was the fast lazy way. ADD [SEALED] Items back.

Am i the only person who misses the good old Global drop? This Mobs spawned in few locations is very repetitive with events in game these days.

The Drops from the Pumpkins are for levels 0-80, but with level 89 jump, just seems pointless.

Drops that we actually want

MDC enchants

TRH enchants

Voxyon enchants

Puzzles

Compoundable reinforce xeons

New enchant / compound xeons

[SEALED] items

Greater and Lesser Xeons

Name Changes

Job Changes

Battlefield Coupons

Give us some of that, then you can call it an Event, 8 year old events are getting boring.

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 12 October 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#4 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

Halloween event should be the best event for Requiem, but what we get is a copy-paste unfair ugly event. A copy paste that takes less than a day to add, what else is he working on? I don't see anything else other than this fail event.
Also I do not advice to ask for better event, because all he can come up with are terrible compound formulas from mats that drop by monopolized mobs that aim for terrible or terribly unbalanced items. And you know why? Because in all this years he only copy pasted stuff. Even the most simple basic item he created is a copy paste version, literally EVERYTHING. Years and years of working for Requiem and he never made a decent event for everyone to enjoy, even without being a producer at all (in terms of knowledge), a good "person" should be able to make a proper event, there are tons of suggestions that ask little effort. I really miss Alteris, which is terrible too, but at this point, would be better if Alteris was the producer, he at least put some effort, tries to listen community, sure he fails a lot, but at least he tries...helium come up with the usual p2w items and the usual copy-paste stuff...jesus

I have never agreed with you so much, and its sad. If only he could prove us different at least once.

#5 1959150309192446627

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIn the Farplane
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:33 AM

yuo they drop some crap but i finally made my radi xD so no complains, also pumpking drops is obtainible on raids, so no compplain i just need lvl 89 ones and some chance maker, not more. BUT in long term the event is just silly and no sense, so... meh
i aready voted on the poll to get sealed items and also battlefield coupons, foils drop and we get this KS-Event... a huge MEEEEEEEEEEEH for this haloween event

#6 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

This is completely wrong, the spots have very few people, less than 10 on each spot, and many of them are new characters trying to get level jump 89. Blaming Russians is just become a common thing for some people. And most of they level 90s are just wanting to see the drops and will soon leave when they realise its nothing interesting. We will likely see many level 90s there in the next days to check the spots or to level alts, because this is not worth anyone to camp.

Example:

8y50de.jpg

#7 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Good Example, you can clearly see there is many "new" characters probably farming level jump, but why are you there on low level map?  :p_smile:  Check alban maps, its the same story, few high levels getting level jumps for alts then leaving. What makes you think all they characters are Russian anyways? Cause 1 guy has RUS in his name? lol good try though

Your not wrong about it being a fail event, but i believe you are pointing blame in the wrong direction.

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 12 October 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#8 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

That map, because it was the best example to show high level farming on low level maps (the low lvl chars are there just to get drops, like it was with satan's the first week). The fact they are russian.. well... maybe coz of RUS or maybe also coz they speak russian in chat.

And if you check my first post I said "When will you learn to make events for everybody?", so this isn't a post against russians, it was pointed to the staff (if they will ever read it).

It would be nice to see spawning of hordes of mobs like it was some years ago in the dungeon, it was much more funny... even without drops.

#9 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

too many russians in-game? THANKS OBAMA  :heh:

#10 artcrime

artcrime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:07 AM

The level jump event is a cool idea but I agree with others, the monsters spawn too infrequently and are camped by many people. With a bit of luck I managed to get 5 alts to 89 last night in 4 hours but it took me and a team of 5 or so ppl KSing everyone else, making us scumbags.
How about instead the monsters can spawn all over the map, allowing people to spread out more and actually hunt the things instead of camping one small area.

The above point about new players not knowing what gear is worth investing in or even how to get it is very salient. There are a lot of junk items in the game that look like they are worth it but are really just filler stuff until you get the Valdes jewels and Darkest gear. And Darkest gear seems like much more of a grind than just leveling from 1-90 (I just did that these past 30 days, was fun but now you just hand out levels kind of making me salty here)

At least the melons spawned in many many places, I usually could hunt for an empty spot to post up and solo for a while.

Fix the useless skills like Doppleganger magic and trap DNA, we get it, you make money via skill resets and DNA resets for when people -_- up. But at this point this game is so old and the player base is so small that any new player trying this game out gets frustrated and quits after they discover they did their build entirely wrong and are nothing but PK meat for the grinder.

#11 WorryWarrior2

WorryWarrior2

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBlack Tower

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

Well-well... What we used to have last year (i'm not taking pointless crying of 40% hp and stat, too much attention for it). We used to have struggling squads to get decent rewards (TRH INT+CON, Primordial items). In some degree raising amount of these valuable items led to decreasing prices. Overall that event wasn't just dumb, unlike this one. Indeed, starting as a 89 lvl makes no sense for lowbies, you are just auto-stuck in game. You have 0 lant and no experience, you can't get armors yourself as well as you can't buy them, hence people go begging. Logically that noone does respect beggars, people are confused, insulted,disappointed in game, then leave it (doesn't sound very attractive). Secondly, opportunity of having several characters (depends on your persistence, you can create as much as you want) leads to destroying of economy of game just  because of one quest (Cresent, Professor Helium, Lvl 85) that gives you ~44kk per character (360kk per account, full of 89s). Summing up, i wanna tell that this event is even more fail just because you can't get enjoy it. (For example you could come alban spawns of pumpkin and try to fight russians to get some drops, some fun at least).

#12 Triblue

Triblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

What happened with the old events where you had to exchange sets of cards for rewards. Every mob was dropping cards, that's how I remember Requiem. I'm back after a long time, and my frustration and exasperation with this event are through the roof...

Every player should have a shot at the event, no matter their level or skill, that's what makes events fun and desirable. But this, this makes me lose hope, it really does.

#13 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

And look what they just added, not sure why they are making rates even lower, i checked all alban event spots today and there was 1 person on 3 spots, on the 4th spot 3 people, and alban is like a ghost town, ofcourse its friday so this wont change, its just really bad management, they are doing nothing to improve game or to make players enjoy it  :p_sad:

d12obnF.jpg

#14 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

What happened with the old events where you had to exchange sets of cards for rewards. Every mob was dropping cards, that's how I remember Requiem. I'm back after a long time, and my frustration and exasperation with this event are through the roof...

Every player should have a shot at the event, no matter their level or skill, that's what makes events fun and desirable. But this, this makes me lose hope, it really does.

The events are much worse now, we get pretty much the same thing every time, mobs spawning that drop the same items, there is no variation, nothing new, drops are rarely updated.

I remember the good old days when people got excited for a happy hour or farmed premium dungeon to get a few lucky boxes, but ofc in they days the drops were actually worth it and not so easy to get. There is no global drops anymore, no events to introduce new bosses, just copy/paste really boring stuff.

I came back to game just over a year ago, in that time, FoC constantly was on, there was always pk and alban was full, this is a good game with great potential, all we need is a good game manager, as much as i have defended our current GM in the past, now i can't, he and he alone is doing this  :p_sad:

#15 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Also I do not advice to ask for better event, because all he can come up with are terrible compound formulas from mats that drop by monopolized mobs.

BAM!!! I was so dam right, it's so predictable what he will do.

#16 TheMsLORD

TheMsLORD

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Aetherium

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Again the Russians are to blame ...

#17 UNDERtheDARKmoon

UNDERtheDARKmoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

Again the Russians are to blame ...

​yeap they are untill now the economy of the server is going nuts bec of them also

​abusing event systems alot of hackers and ppl which are botting everywher biside that

​the russians even camp with large scale groups at event spots so we cannot even enjoy

​the event an little even tho this is the whorse Halloween event ever created  :heh: 

Edited by UNDERtheDARKmoon, 19 October 2017 - 04:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users