18 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

New testing results for all of you healers. i didnt have time for pictures, apologies.

Gearset:

-- +13 ygg crown VERSUS +9 clergy nurse cap of acolyte
-- sunglasses of magic sealing (i dont have parus sunnies, shaddup. i'll take my 1 int for a difference)
-- mob scarf
-- +10 solid med scrubs
-- +13 glorious cure wand
-- +7 anti-medium rose of eden
-- +14 DR I.C. ami bag (merely for the +1 stats since i sold the AA heal5's i never used but for showing off)
-- +9 vital tree shoes
-- arch bishop ring
-- light of cure (cure lvl 1; int 2)
-- int shadow set (+5 int)
-- +9 healing shadow wep
-- Darkness Helm (arch B lvl 1)

e buffs, warg blood (+20 int), clem/canto, meditatio 10

Results:

self heal: ygg wins (ygg hit 9.5k-10.5k normal heal; clergy hit 8k-9.5k)
self high-heal: ygg wins by 4k? same to assume. i was hitting zero break heals without offertorium using high heal + ygg. clergy pulled 29-30k, not enough to zero break though (happens just a bit after 33k)

heal on others: clergy wins by about 1.5k
high heal on others: clergy wins by about 2k.

Conclusion:

the clergy came dangerously close to wrecking the ygg's self heal boost. if the clergy was +14 and you were using the rosary necklace with it (in place of either the mora ring or arch bishop ring) then it would most definitely smoke the F out of my ygg crown and any chibi setup you could think of as well. its actually possible a +14 would still roast the ygg even without the necklace combo'd. but for what i do in this game i require more self heal than healing on other people. obviously, that prior sentence applies to me and me alone (for the sake of situational things). this is literally the only reason i wont use the clergy personally.

however, if i didnt already own the best self healing headgear in the game at a very high upgrade level, this for sure would be my next pick. why? simple:
- slotted
- not account bound like the old mitra
- equippable at lvl 50 on any class
- VERY nice boost for heals (as i said, it came very close to tapping ygg's healing range and beat it out in half of the scenarios used during testing)

lastly, i'm sure some of you very attentive market vendors are wondering why the hell in my right mind i would sell off a +9 clergy for 1b when normal +0 was also going for 1b. simple answer to that. i already own my preferred headgear and simply found no use in owning a second, so i wanted to get rid of it and make my Z back quickly. the clergy is badass though. i have respect for it, but sadly it just doesnt fit what i do. props to the person who bought it though. all i wanted to do was test it to see if it was better (for my playstyle) and make back my Z if it wasnt. thanks for making the latter happen.

apologies for crashing the price on the first day. may it jump back up to its rightful place!

#2 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Why use the Glorious Wand over a high refine Croce Staff?

#3 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

i already had it long before this set ever came out... is my only excuse

E: im afraid that's a piece of this test that someone else will have to continue though. i know croce is lvl 3 and GCW is lvl 4.. i would assume weapon level plays a part in heal power too but i might be wrong. im thinking that this gearset is one of those illusion type sets that makes you think owning all 3 pieces at high upgrade level would be legit.. but i think you would have to selectively pick at each gear piece and test them all individually to find out. i'm comfortable enough where im at to not feel the need to bother with any more testing, personally. feel free to pick up where i left off!

Edited by Fuuton, 13 October 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#4 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Oh haha I was asking if something made it better than the Croce, setting aside practical problems to get the gear :P

Also I find this set's P.Dodge boost absolutely insane. It is quite easy now to reach 100 P.Dodge on an AB without sacrificing any Heal amount (Except Mob Scarf and maybe a AAW) or headgear card slots, while leaving armor and shield open for survivability, or even heal amount if you prefer that.

Edited by WolfTri, 13 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Clergy price keep crashing :heh:

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Fuuton, your testing is as usual, a wonderful example to show how much better new gears can be. Allow me to do the control testing of healing:

I didnt compare it to a +14 Clergy hat,

But with a set i was using from some kind AB, using her +9 Clergy Hat together with a +14 Croce Staff, I was healing at least another 300~500 heal compared to my normal gears which consist of:

+14 Chibi Pope (WL card)

sunnies (WL Card)

Mob scarf

+14 glorious cure wand

sleipnir

Bible of promise vol2

Heal5 Archangel wings

Brisingaman

So in essense even decked out it cannot compare to the simplicity of the Clergy Set. However the moment someone can get an Old Mitra with lvl 5 Affection above, the Clergy set will become obsolete in a matter of seconds. But in terms of accessibility and ease of use, Clergy set is wonderful set that can bring even the casual AB player on par with the main AB player. This is a very good update indeed.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 13 October 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#7 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

The main point of this set is actually to make that AB god tank. The healing just a huge bonus lol. I’ve seen plenty of duos in jRO consist of AB PD tank plus whatever damage class you can think of.

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

it is just quite misleading if you dont compare to clergy highest potential (combo with rosary necklace and high refined croce staff)

#9 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

I feel like this is cool because it diversifies build options for ABs.

#10 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

I'm quite confuse about the upgrade description. When Clergy +9. The effect is

1. 3% + 6%(+5 upgrade) + 9%(+7 upgrade) + 12% (+9 upgrade) = 30%

or

2. 3% > 6%(+5 upgrade) > 9% (+7 upgrade) > 12% (+9 upgrade) = 12%

Which one is the effect?

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

it is just quite misleading if you dont compare to clergy highest potential (combo with rosary necklace and high refined croce staff)

Sorry for that, but the very fact that the hat itself wasnt upgraded to +14 yet still outhealed my current default gears is a very good representation that it has a higher healing power.

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

I'm quite confuse about the upgrade description. When Clergy +9. The effect is

1. 3% + 6%(+5 upgrade) + 9%(+7 upgrade) + 12% (+9 upgrade) = 30%

or

2. 3% > 6%(+5 upgrade) > 9% (+7 upgrade) > 12% (+9 upgrade) = 12%

Which one is the effect?

1. is the correct one.

Dont forget to also remember:

Set bonus with Rosary: PD +1 and 2% healing skills bonus per every refine level of Clergy hat.

&

Set bonus with Croce Staff: +4% healing skills bonus per ever refine level of Croce Staff.

#13 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

1. is the correct one.

Dont forget to also remember:

Set bonus with Rosary: PD +1 and 2% healing skills bonus per every refine level of Clergy hat.

&

Set bonus with Croce Staff: +4% healing skills bonus per ever refine level of Croce Staff.

Ah I see. Thank you  :p_hi: So it means that the set can go up to 50% additional recovery skill?

#14 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

So in essense even decked out it cannot compare to the simplicity of the Clergy Set. However the moment someone can get an Old Mitra with lvl 5 Affection above, the Clergy set will become obsolete in a matter of seconds. But in terms of accessibility and ease of use, Clergy set is wonderful set that can bring even the casual AB player on par with the main AB player. This is a very good update indeed.

yeah i would agree that the old mitra with 5 or above affection would be the better head piece (and rightfully so given the conditions to obtain one). i agree fully about the clergy [set] itself though! its stats make becoming an OP AB at early levels easy, and anyone can obtain this stuff too.

E: im afraid that's a piece of this test that someone else will have to continue though. i know croce is lvl 3 and GCW is lvl 4.. i would assume weapon level plays a part in heal power too but i might be wrong. im thinking that this gearset is one of those illusion type sets that makes you think owning all 3 pieces at high upgrade level would be legit.. but i think you would have to selectively pick at each gear piece and test them all individually to find out. i'm comfortable enough where im at to not feel the need to bother with any more testing, personally. feel free to pick up where i left off!

i would need other people to help with this particular test, fu. i dont have all the gear pieces myself. i think the full set itself at +14 could seriously get in the way of the individual powerhouse pieces though.. but someone would have to go all out on the tests to get that accuracy. admittingly, i lost interest lol.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

yeah i would agree that the old mitra with 5 or above affection would be the better head piece (and rightfully so given the conditions to obtain one). i agree fully about the clergy [set] itself though! its stats make becoming an OP AB at early levels easy, and anyone can obtain this stuff too.

i would need other people to help with this particular test, fu. i dont have all the gear pieces myself. i think the full set itself at +14 could seriously get in the way of the individual powerhouse pieces though.. but someone would have to go all out on the tests to get that accuracy. admittingly, i lost interest lol.

I concur this is something you need someone else who will be defaulting the clergy set to do. The most we can do is spell out our stat builds to allow for a control test between the gears.

#16 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

I concur this is something you need someone else who will be defaulting the clergy set to do. The most we can do is spell out our stat builds to allow for a control test between the gears.

Miss Marty, I'd love to see you invest a little bit of your grandeur wealth in the next HD ore event to +14-ing the clergy nurse cap and +15-ing Croce Staff (it's level 3 weapons so should be fairly easier than GCW, EWOA or RL :heh:

#17 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

i kinda want to see marty's test heals too :P

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

You want to see with +14 Clergy Hat and +14 Croce? I think it will be abit hard considering I am not interested in getting the set as my interests lay in getting affection lvl 10 on my old mitra. Also, I have tried 100PD AB before and it was not as fun for me as I thought.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

you can simply simulate the heals of +14 gears by using rule of three.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users