October 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

171 replies to this topic

#1 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

rqn1zIF.jpg

October 18th, 11:00AM - 4:00PM PDT

rBbWF3n.gif

• Costume Box: Spooptacular, will be available for purchase in the Cash Shop for 100KP or from the Silvervine NPC for 120 Silvervine!
  • Our Halloween Crossover Event, A Nightmare on Prontera Street, goes live!
    • Adventurers of all stripes are invited to cut loose as famous stage director Cres Wraven weaves a story. Journey through your worse nightmare and to the near future in search of secret clues, but whatever you do, don't fall asleep. 
    • This is a crossover event with Ragnarok 2! You will want to check out their Halloween event too in order to get the full experience! 
    • To begin this quest, speak to Cres Wraven upstairs in the East Prontera Inn
      JVymXNM.jpg
  • Adding additional warps in Einbroch maps:
    • einbroch to ein_fild04 
    • ein_fild03 to ein_fild04
    • ein_fild04 to einbroch 
    • ein_fild04 to ein_fild03
    • ein_fild05 to ein_fild06
    • ein_fild05 to ein_fild04
    • ein_fild06 to ein_fild05
    • ein_fild04 to ein_fild05
  • Refine event begins and will stay until Nov. 1 - all refine chances will be increased see the chart below.
    • ​Enriched Elunium and Oridecon ​​will require only 10 Silvervine to make during the event period.
    • Sale Box of Enriched Elunium and Oridecon will go on sale during the event period.
    • iGJhNpn.png
  • 25% Drops Event Starts until Nov 1

wymeAS4.gif

kYcDB8s.gif OPEN

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

#2 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

• Refine event begins and will stay until Nov. 1 - all refine chances will be increased by 5%
    • ​Enriched Elunium and Oridecon ​​will require only 10 Silvervine to make during the event period.
    • Sale Box of Enriched Elunium and Oridecon will go on sale during the event period.

wtf is this garbage??? lol

#3 SchweppesBitterL

SchweppesBitterL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

• 25% Drops Event Starts until Nov 1

what does mean? drop Chance increased ?O.o

#4 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

Why are you guys constantly ignoring the situations of the other guild dungeons? Please increase the spawns in every guild dungeon except for Luina (Alde)! Spawns in the Majorous map are also not worth the time it takes to get down there! Please!

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

What in God's name is this refine bull-_-. Fix your mistakes from chaos, don't follow the same destructive path, holy hell I thought maybe y'all would have learned something

There are people asking for actual fixes and things that would help the server, I don't recall seeing people asking for a refine event that will just lead to the same slippery slope that is chaos

Edited by Spoon, 17 October 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#6 Gody

Gody

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

MORE costumes..... /sigh

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Is the refine event a poor attempt at a zeny sink/kp cash grab? Either way it's not the greatest of ideas, 

Why are you guys constantly ignoring the situations of the other guild dungeons? Please increase the spawns in every guild dungeon except for Luina (Alde)! Spawns in the Majorous map are also not worth the time it takes to get down there! Please!

^ please listen to this person. Alde guild dungeon is far superior to all the other ones. Prontera probably needs a 3x spawn increase to compete. Payon could use a 50% spawn increase and the acid terror to be removed and geffen likely needs 100x spawn because of the map size. 

Edit: you did this right on classic, prontera GD is good and worthwhile after it's classic buffs. Repeat them here! 

Edited by Xellie, 17 October 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Refine event stinks of a cash grab. It is going to be incredibly harmful to the longevity of the server. Should have known it wouldn't be long before WP turns the server into a pay-to-win cash grab.

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

Also, why do we have a cross over event, we don't play RO2 for a reason, why the hell r u forcing us to play a game we don't want to, in order to finish an event on the game we actually want to play

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Also, why do we have a cross over event, we don't play RO2 for a reason, why the hell r u forcing us to play a game we don't want to, in order to finish an event on the game we actually want to play

Were trying new things instead of implementing kRO's "Jakk" screaming event. The yearly event.. where every npc screams "Jakk!"

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Who's gonna be sacrificed to RO2 so we can just follow a walkthru? 

#12 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Were trying new things instead of implementing kRO's "Jakk" screaming event. The yearly event.. where every npc screams "Jakk!"

So try something new that doesn't involve people having a play a separate game that a majority of the server wouldn't touch even if u payed them to play it.

Edited by Spoon, 17 October 2017 - 02:57 PM.

#13 9773131103092803400

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

OMG MORE COSTUMES!!!!! BEST SERVER EVER!!!!!!! THANKS WP <3!!!!!!!!!(Meanwhile the guy i reported it is still not banned and bathory map is still full of bots)

#14 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Every week people ask for the other guild dungeons to be buffed and every week nothing happens.

Nobody wants a refine event, the only people who refine gear are rich so this just makes the rich richer.

#15 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

I don't see the big deal about the refinement event (as in why people are reacting so negatively)

It's basically a perk if you want to upgrade, you'll have better luck, if you don't wanna upgrade, don't do it. No one is forcing you to do it. If anything it might push the refined gear price down a tiny bit.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I don't see the big deal about the refinement event (as in why people are reacting so negatively)

It's basically a perk if you want to upgrade, you'll have better luck, if you don't wanna upgrade, don't do it. No one is forcing you to do it. If anything it might push the refined gear price down a tiny bit.

It's just had a bad precedent set on Chaos. First it's a little refine event, then it's a big refine event. 

I also think a drop event is a bit much too (I mean do we need that AND Halloween AND refine?) because it accelerates the server's aging. 

#17 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

Between what blueness said and if u go log into chaos and see the over upgraded madness it has become, you would understand why a refine event is a slippery slope and should just be done away with, it severely broke chaos and shouldn't be brought here

#18 ZolpidemSleep

ZolpidemSleep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

RIP elu/ori prices

#19 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

1 refine event this early on might not seem like much, but anyone on Renewal can pretty much tell you that WarpPortal is addicted to having refine events like the thing is heroin. One refine event that was supposed to either only happen once a year, or once ever turned into happening 3 times in it's first year of existence.

But I guess good luck and have fun with having refine events this early on. Sure, 5% might not seem like much, but this event is basically just testing the waters.

Edited by Toxn, 17 October 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#20 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Server opening: "don't expect us to go down the path of Renewal, the cash shop will be safe in this server because we want an fresh, authentic, p2w-free MMORPG experience."

A few months later: "HEY GUYS Y'ALL WANNA BUY SOME ENRICHED ORES???!?!!?!!?11"

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Server opening: "don't expect us to go down the path of Renewal, the cash shop will be safe in this server because we want an fresh, authentic, p2w-free MMORPG experience."

A few months later: "HEY GUYS Y'ALL WANNA BUY SOME ENRICHED ORES???!?!!?!!?11"

Bamboozled Again

#22 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

i remember a while ago there used to be a woe point system, why not have something like that to give incentive to objectives?

what about pvp events? (5v5, 10v10 etc.)

% increase to EXP/Drops/Refining isn't an "event" 

Edited by senpa1, 17 October 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

i remember a while ago there used to be a woe point system, why not have something like that to incentive's objectives? 

what about pvp events? 

WPS was a full time job in and of itself. There has been some push to do a WPS style system as a yearly hall of honor with game titles and bragging rights as rewards. Maybe for a tournament qualifier. 

#24 ZolpidemSleep

ZolpidemSleep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

Only event I really enjoyed in original ragnarok was the xmas. I hope this december you guys bring me memories. It was a hype for me 10+ years ago killing Antonios.

#25 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

@campitor

it doesn't seem very time consuming but i don't really remember 

Edited by senpa1, 17 October 2017 - 03:50 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users