October 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

171 replies to this topic

#51 6492170729235156913

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re: Start Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Were gathering a list of what was missing from the Einbroch packet we received. We will implement it with the next maintenance.

Please can we have an update on this situation.. The pending action from last maintenance thread?

Staff confirmed the missing maps will be implemented with this maintenance. Is this happening?

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Please can we have an update on this situation.. The pending action from last maintenance thread?

Staff confirmed the missing maps will be implemented with this maintenance. Is this happening?

Yes were still running the compare between the warp files and what we received.

#53 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Yes were still running the compare between the warp files and what we received.

And what about the other guild dungeons? This has been asked about for weeks now and there has been absolutely no response to the situation.

#54 6492170729235156913

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Re: Start Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Thanks! Hope to see the missing maps soon :)

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

And what about the other guild dungeons? This has been asked about for weeks now and there has been absolutely no response to the situation.

Thats not quite as easy. But the plan were developing is to make the guild dungeons with larger maps have area spawns. Currently with the maps spawns can randomly appear anywhere on the map. We plan to divide the map into areas and then assign spawns to each area to make them have a much more even spread instead of piling up in corners. This will also be an over all increase to the spawn of the map.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Thats not quite as easy. But the plan were developing is to make the guild dungeons with larger maps have area spawns. Currently with the maps spawns can randomly appear anywhere on the map. We plan to divide the map into areas and then assign spawns to each area to make them have a much more even spread instead of piling up in corners. This will also be an over all increase to the spawn of the map.

That sounds like a good solution to brit GD provided the area spawn is large enough.

But I'm serious that whatever you did to prontera GD on classic was perfect - no need to area spawn that dungeon. 

Edit: re:payon GD: you really need to remove am mut acid terror, it's really much too strong under renewal mechanics and really bad for non trans right now. 

Edited by Xellie, 18 October 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#57 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

That sounds like a good solution to brit GD provided the area spawn is large enough.

But I'm serious that whatever you did to prontera GD on classic was perfect - no need to area spawn that dungeon. 

Edit: re:payon GD: you really need to remove am mut acid terror, it's really much too strong under renewal mechanics and really bad for non trans right now. 

Basically this. By the way, when PK was enabled in guild dungeons, the spawn rate dramatically decreased in Geffen guild dungeon. What we basically want is an increase of mob count for all of the other guild dungeons. The only guild dungeon currently worth leveling and farming in is Al De Baran. For the effort it takes to secure a castle at the end of woe, they should all have comparable exp/hr rates. Otherwise...what is the point of the guild dungeons then? It would also be nice if other map spawns can be changed soon considering all 2-2 classes will be released in order to promote party play again (ie: we need more Majorous spawns, more spawns in Magma 2+removal of timed spawns, etc).

#58 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

the only real concern about this patch seems to be where it will possibly go

so campitor, any "official" (warp portal wise) feeling towards having refine events in future?

it's something your customers are worried about. they want to know if WP will bend over and host them if requested down the line

#59 ayylimao

ayylimao

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

inb4 1m Silvervine 100 boxes

#60 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

the only real concern about this patch seems to be where it will possibly go

so campitor, any "official" (warp portal wise) feeling towards having refine events in future?

it's something your customers are worried about. they want to know if WP will bend over and host them if requested down the line

Please see the post here: https://forums.warpp...scussion-topic/

#61 Refuze2lose

Refuze2lose

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

The time wasted on these dumb events could be better used elsewhere, like on actual problems actual players have been having in game for weeks. Unjustified bans, the huge bot problem that very little is being done to address, crappy ticket response times. I could keep going listing all the dumb stuff that needs fixing that hasn't been yet, but nope we need a refining event, and more headgears amirite.

There really needs to be more community involvement when you organize dumb crap we don't need, so we're able to communicate to you, the staff, what it is we actually want you guys to work on. You guys make the majority of the community frustrated on a regular basis with all the unwanted crap you guys do, meanwhile there are legit players who have been unable to log accounts for weeks.

#62 9773131103092803400

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

@Campitor Why you guys doesn't reply about the complaining about bots? You guys already gave up?

#63 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

@Campitor Why you guys doesn't reply about the complaining about bots? You guys already gave up?

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. Currently the GM team has a 24/7 task force hunting characters displaying the use of automated software in order to play. Please note that characters do not have to be using "botting" software to be suspended but any unattended automated play including the use of macros that automatically cycle can and will eventually result in account suspension.

• Item Prices: Items are rising in price because there are less bots. I realize this sounds strange but its the way RO works. Although bots do generate some zeny what bad users really bot for is goods, such as elunium, oridecon, gear and cards. Because we have been pretty heavily banning bots the price on these goods rises as the available supply shrinks.
  • Bots everywhere: Unfortunately will see them from time to time but there are many maps that are either recently swept. Keep in mind that many users don't really want to talk while they are playing so not everyone you see is a bot. There is an unfortunate tendency in the RO community to declare all other users they see playing the game as "bots". If you do think someone is a bot feel free to report them.
  • Reporting: Technically speaking this is not a needed action by the community. But what it does do is let the GMs know where the bad users that negatively affect your play experience are. The GMs will still hunt regardless if they receive a report or not but where they hunt can be influenced by player reports.
  • Player Interests: Call outs are not allowed. Players are not allowed to name names publicly purely because we do not want witch hunts. We test all bots until were sure and if we are unsure we test them again, and again, and again. Our goal is that when a GM applies the account block he/she is 100% certain that everyone being suspended was doing something wrong. While as we mentioned above this community is much too liberal with declaring other users "bots".
  • Communication: We are generally very open about what is being done. But we don't compromise the internal processes by giving exact guides on how we do things.

There are places where the GM team can improve and we are pushing them in that direction. But the botting situation is not where near out of control like it once was. It is important to keep in mind that as long as players are willing to buy zeny from RMT websites and support that industry there is a cause for users to bot. We have not and will never stop banning bots.

#64 Refuze2lose

Refuze2lose

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

push them in the direction of Geffen 2 please

#65 MichelleDawn

MichelleDawn

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

We were told last week that the missing ein maps would be in the next patch update.

This does not seem to be the case.   Please give the players accurate information on when they will be in.

Thank you.

#66 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. Currently the GM team has a 24/7 task force hunting characters displaying the use of automated software in order to play. Please note that characters do not have to be using "botting" software to be suspended but any unattended automated play including the use of macros that automatically cycle can and will eventually result in account suspension.

• Item Prices: Items are rising in price because there are less bots. I realize this sounds strange but its the way RO works. Although bots do generate some zeny what bad users really bot for is goods, such as elunium, oridecon, gear and cards. Because we have been pretty heavily banning bots the price on these goods rises as the available supply shrinks.
  • Bots everywhere: Unfortunately will see them from time to time but there are many maps that are either recently swept. Keep in mind that many users don't really want to talk while they are playing so not everyone you see is a bot. There is an unfortunate tendency in the RO community to declare all other users they see playing the game as "bots". If you do think someone is a bot feel free to report them.
  • Reporting: Technically speaking this is not a needed action by the community. But what it does do is let the GMs know where the bad users that negatively affect your play experience are. The GMs will still hunt regardless if they receive a report or not but where they hunt can be influenced by player reports.
  • Player Interests: Call outs are not allowed. Players are not allowed to name names publicly purely because we do not want witch hunts. We test all bots until were sure and if we are unsure we test them again, and again, and again. Our goal is that when a GM applies the account block he/she is 100% certain that everyone being suspended was doing something wrong. While as we mentioned above this community is much too liberal with declaring other users "bots".
  • Communication: We are generally very open about what is being done. But we don't compromise the internal processes by giving exact guides on how we do things.

There are places where the GM team can improve and we are pushing them in that direction. But the botting situation is not where near out of control like it once was. It is important to keep in mind that as long as players are willing to buy zeny from RMT websites and support that industry there is a cause for users to bot. We have not and will never stop banning bots.

Why don´t you contract a service like gepard shield? Private servers, that are way less pay2win have the means to do so. Why do you not implement that? Is keeping a "24/7 hunting squaad" cheaper than implementing a system that works? I really doubt that!

You say we should report. So give us a efficient way to report!!!! What about a right click option: report player?

You expect us to come to the forums or send a ticket everytime we see a bot? A normal player would have to completly stop playing the game. This is just completly out of realitty!

You blame the players for buying Zeny from botters. Easy enought to point a finger in a diferent direction to camouflage your own faults. It´s the server´s responsability to control the use of 3rd PP.

Your marketing team wants to drain this old Cash cow that is Ragnarok, fine, but why not listen to the sensate opinions of many ro veterans here? We know you can do better, we really do not understand why you refuse to do so.

I really just wish this was a good RO experience. It´s just turning out to be way worse than many private servers i have played on.

Listen to your customers, else, you´ll be left with another skeleton server and 50 players who can´t let go. Most will let go though.

Sincerely,

Orion

#67 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Oh and btw, you guys should reduce the number of castles! every 10 man guild can conquer a castle because there simply is no competition for them! 1 castle in each field! That would be more than enought for the server size! We need more gvG, more competitive fights. what we have now is 1hour50min gvg and 10 minute rush in the end to conquer as many castles as possible.

#68 Gionn

Gionn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

They deleted my post that said there were bots on the map, you can see the quote to my comment but not my post.

Oh my baby cheesus lord. Really guys? Reeeeeeeeeeally?

What kind of censorship is this?

The bots are on all maps, in every single map. This is a fact. Do something or assume things are a bit out of control, but, delete a comment?

@Campitor Now, I want explanations about what happened to my comment and for what reasons it was deleted.

#69 eight90five

eight90five

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Am I missing something or did you further increase the refine rates at lower upgrade levels more than originally announced? Yes this helps players who do not have much to get upgraded gear but it also increases the number of +9 and +10 items in the market, and that is not a good thing for the longevity of the server. 

Normally the chance of getting a Level 3 Weapon from +0 to +10 with regular materials is 0.24%. With this event it will be increased to 1.26%. That means it is 5.25x easier to get a Level 3 Weapon from +0 to +10 with regular materials during this event. In other words, there will be 5.25x more +10 Level 3 weapons in existence (assuming no enriched materials used). 

In the same scenario with enriched materials, it is 3.46%. During the event it is 5.72%, a 65% increase. Not as bad as normal materials but still means you will see +10 weapons 65% more often!

+5% refine rate is not a small amount and this will have a huge impact on the server. 

Edited by eight90five, 18 October 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

They deleted my post that said there were bots on the map, you can see the quote to my comment but not my post.

Oh my baby cheesus lord. Really guys? Reeeeeeeeeeally?

What kind of censorship is this?

The bots are on all maps, in every single map. This is a fact. Do something or assume things are a bit out of control, but, delete a comment?

@Campitor Now, I want explanations about what happened to my comment and for what reasons it was deleted.

This post? https://forums.warpp...opic/?p=2726991
We grouped it with all the refine event feedback.

#71 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Reeeeeeeeee

Or you could try to not being so triggered and realize many comments from this thread were moved to the Refine Event Discussion topic?

#72 Belkin

Belkin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Quitting this game because of this event. Gave my +9 angeling formal suit to my friend. GGWP.

#73 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Quitting this game because of this event. Gave my +9 angeling formal suit to my friend. GGWP.

I am sorry we could not meet your expectations. I only hope you can provide some detailed feedback as to why this event affected you so: https://forums.warpp...-4#entry2727204

#74 Cloudtek

Cloudtek

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

@CM just make a banned list for us players to comb thru every day! It will show positivity that you guys are doing your jobs.

#75 eight90five

eight90five

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

I shortened the quote above to the parts I want to address:

How can you say the bot problem is much better now when almost every map I go to at least 80% of them are bots. Many maps it feels like every single player I see is a bot. If they are hitting a monster, you hit it once and they instantly walk away, 100% a bot. 

How come in the airstrike thread only 1/10 or 2/10 posts have casualties? You say players are too liberally calling other players bots, does this imply that 90% of the posts in airstrike thread are incorrect and that these players cannot distinguish player from bot? Why don't almost every single one of these posts have casualties? Most botted maps are botted 24/7, not always by the same people but there are almost always bots there. How can you have a team banning bots 24/7 but only 2 maps have casualties every day? It takes 12 hours to clear 1 map of bots?

Why do the same popular maps like high orc field, toy factory 2, byalan dungeon, and payon dungeon need to constantly be reported for the GMs to catch these bots? Do you think that because you cleared it once there won't be bots there again for 2 months? You can check back in a few days and there will be a lot of bots again. You can even check back in 12 hours and there will be many bots because those bots were not online when you did the sweep 12 hours ago. 

Is it that hard to make a list of the maps with the most players on them, or a list of well known bot locations, and check them every few days to clear the bots until people are scared to bot? Should not be difficult at all if you have a 24/7 team like you say.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users