Refine Event Discussion Topic - Page 4 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Refine Event Discussion Topic

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#76 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

the problem is they did this before on chaos. they said it was once in a life time. then they did it again... and again. it was the final nail in the coffin for chaos.

them doing it again, here, shows they learned nothing from the past. OF COURSE no one trusts that it's only gonna be a one time thing, why would we? and the fact that they are trying to implement new events like this just because they want more people playing, while ignoring all the real issues. if this is their idea of trying to get more people online, what else are they gonna try when the numbers keep going down...?

it's basically an issue of trust. we've seen what happened to the other servers and we don't want this one to die so early on.

Oh I get that, I'm not saying the complaints are unfounded, but not everyone played on Chaos before so I'm mostly explaining the situation.

For all we know that dude could have never played Ragnarok online before 2 months ago, it's not because you don't trust the GM to do the right thing that players that didn't experience the situation should be denied or have a bad taste in their mouth before the event is started.

#77 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Here we go again... .

Anyway you guys realize that WP ,does listen sometimes ,right? Someone who saw my post in the past knows i have given WP a lot of critic on a lot of different matters, but here i actually have to defend them.

They are able to learn from mistakes and they do actually listen ... look at the update shedule for the classes ,they did listen even if that meant, that they will close out content much faster than they orginally planned, so give them maybe the benefit of a doubt. Lets assume WP knows aswell, that re:start is the last possible sailing ship for Ro, lets assume for a second they dont want to poke to many holes in the hull ... ...

#78 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Posts after here are new, Posts before are feedback from before this was posted to the forums.

#79 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Put in the greed back pack for 1800 KP and you'll sell them so fast while adding an awesome quality of life feature.

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

there's so much you can add to make money, not just refine events. I don't think this one itself is bad, per say, I just think it sets the server up for the actual bad events. (I think the drop event is worse)

Also on the blunt and honest mention of it being an event to make money, it's not going to be the cash cow that it is for renewal - for that the server would require more gear that requires upgrades. +9 is the new +7 on this server. 

If you put in items such as dungeon tele scrolls and shift the focus toward more pvm items.... Adding the heroic backpack for example, I feel like you'd make more money off the server that way. (and the community can shoot me but buff scrolls, cheaper packs for greed scrolls, etc)

#81 Gionn

Gionn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

+a little chance% on upgrade with event?
No, impossible, money, no chance, WP mercenary, we deserve better events, pay2win server, money, the end of the world is near...

Bots in every single map?

No active discussions

An anti-bot program?

No

Bots that have been reported but still remain on the map after days?

No either

ANYWAY, I think the problem is not the event, but people who are unhappy with the server in different ways

Just my opinion

(...)

#82 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

If people want HBP for Greed purposes, Restart could always just put in the slotted Amistr Bags.

Each bag type gives:

+1 All stats.
+1% EXP from Monsters, +1% Item Drop Rate per 2 refine.
If +9: Regen 3 SP when a monster is killed by a physical or magical attack
If +12: Skill casting cannot be interrupted. (Doesn't apply to restart as you can't upgrade beyond +10)
DEF: 30

Type: Garment

But you can choose which skill you want for the bag

Teleport Level 1
Heal Level 1
Greed Level 1
Increase Agility Level 1
Magnum Break Level 1
Endure Level 1
Sight Level 1
Improve Concentration Level 1
Hiding Level 1

Edited by Toxn, 18 October 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#83 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

I don't think 5% increase in upgrading is going to make that much of a difference. If you're trying to generate more revenue with KP, why not just add junky slotted gear to the NPC for a reasonable amount of zeny? That would make a natural zeny sink for those trying to upgrade gears, but it would also allow more people to spend KP items on enriched ores for upgrading them. More breaking=more money.

I would also like to see the option to change normal headgears into their costume variants through upgrading similar to how it is (was?) on renewal. For example +8 Spiky Band can be converted into Costume Spiky Band. This also encourages upgrading.

On the topic of headgears: can we get more headgear quests that don't require silvervine? I'm not talking about junk+npc items to create headgears, either. I want to see headgears such as: Kafra Band, Blank Eyes, Baseball Cap, Captain's Hat, Hunting Cap, etc. They could be created with a combination of drops from high-level monsters+zeny.

Whatever you do, please do not add those stupid "lucky box" style KP raffles. You will lose a lot of players if this happens.

#84 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

1. I agree that we should have more community-focused events like a bi-weekly or even monthly 5v5/10v10 PVP tournament instead of an "upgrade event".
  2. 5% refine event isn't game-breaking and will help in some situations because it's currently too expensive to even attempt +9 on a Pauldron, for example.

Upgrade events do not make the rich richer. In every case you might look at in the market upgrading is statistically a loss of money. +9 muffler[1] current market price is 15m while +10 muffler is 40-50m despite only having a 20% chance of success. Upgrading is always a loss of money unless you are extremely lucky. This event having a 5% increase won't change that, in fact, it will probably drive the price on +10 gears down even further.

The way I look at it, +10 normal gears like muffler, shoes, shield, buckler etc were already common. Making a +10 pauldron or +10 silverguard (or even a +9) is pretty insane right now, I hope this event makes a few of those available for the people really wanting to min/max their gear for WoE.

In other aspects of the game, armor that isn't particularly expensive but kind of rare will benefit here too. I'm looking forward to finally making a +10 formal suit.

#85 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

you need to make money. ok.

VIP

Manuals

WoE Pots

Imba Cashshop headgears
Bubble Gum

Kafra Cards

Costumes

Enriched Ore

Skill Reseter

Heavy Lifter Box

Halter Lead

Miracle Buffs

Silvervine

Sorry but if this is not enough. Close the server and find another job. If there is no financial basement to keep this server running, this wont work. You know you could have more people playing on this server and failed the start completely.
what do you think what people do when they see these pay2win events? Yay, lets pay more? I pay MUCH more here than i ever had to pay for RO in other officials. It seems this will continue like this over and over. Sorry but this is no ragnarok anymore. So many Items breaking the game. Kafra Cards usable in WoE. WoESupply usable outside WoE. eg.eg.eg. Just to GRAB CASH.

If u ask me you can grab as much cash as you want. but when it changes the game, its a huge problem for many players. so many left already... did you already give up this server and grab the cash until its dead?

Edited by hansibaer, 18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#86 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

you need to make money. ok.

VIP

Manuals

WoE Pots

Imba Cashshop headgears
Bubble Gum

Kafra Cards

Costumes

Enriched Ore

Skill Reseter

Heavy Lifter Box

Halter Lead

Miracle Buffs

Silvervine

Sorry but if this is not enough. Close the server and find another job. If there is no financial basement to keep this server running, this wont work. You know you could have more people playing on this server and failed the start completely.
what do you think what people do when they see these pay2win events? Yay, lets pay more? I pay MUCH more here than i ever had to pay for RO in other officials. It seems this will continue like this over and over. Sorry but this is no ragnarok anymore. So many Items breaking the game. Kafra Cards usable in WoE. WoESupply usable outside WoE. eg.eg.eg. Just to GRAB CASH.

If u ask me you can grab as much cash as you want. but when it changes the game, its a huge problem for many players. so many left already... did you already give up this server and grab the cash until its dead?

The ragnarok journey discussion forums is here: https://forums.warpp...gnarok-journey/ If you want to discuss it you may go there. Although as a note this forum is an inappropriate place to discuss bugs related to branches of pserver software. We don't know why you reported an exploit involved with the Greek Goddess software to the forums multiple times but please stop.

#87 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Sorry i dont know what you are talking about.

Im talking about the cashshop. Its full with items for cashgrabbing which should not exist imo. so i really dont know what you mean. Never talked about a pserver... i can't cause i never played on one.... and i also did not report anything about what?! and all i said belongs to re:start. just dont want to end like my journey-server did... thats it. dont be salty please. i give you some cash every month if needed. tell me how much, but stop this p2w garbage.

Edited by hansibaer, 18 October 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#88 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Sorry i dont know what you are talking about.

Im talking about the cashshop. Its full already dunno what you mean. Never talked about a pserver... i can't cause i never played on one.... and i also did not report anything about what?!

My apologies that was another person with your avatar. I was wrong and got confused. Its been a somewhat busy morning. I was looking at a VM report at the same time I was reading your response.

But please do not think that we are doing the RO Journey thing, that game.. follows its own path that is not a good match for the RO1/RESTART community.

#89 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

i just dont want to end like they do. thats it. i dont like the changes the game gets because of the cashshop. i would give you money just to help that these p2w items and p2w events are not needed. now im forced to buy stuff to be able compete.  that feels bad. sry bro.

Edited by hansibaer, 18 October 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#90 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

im forced to buy stuff to be able compete

You aren't forced to buy anything. I only bought like $30 worth of WPE when I first started and now I pay for both WPE and Silvervine with zeny. The fact that SV100 boxes are vend-able and WPE codes are legally trade-able with zeny means pay to win isn't really a thing, it's an option for people who are bad at making zeny, though.

#91 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for being honest campitor.

Just promise us that whatever you do you wont make a best in slot object adquireable exclusively via KP.

About the revenue part, im afraid i do agree with the other coments, it is neaded to improve some glaring problems before you can expect more players and more costumers.

Now about things you could try to get people to spend more,you could make in an event an NPC that sells slotted versions of npc gear, but for zenny (its base cost) and 100 silvervines. Another option could be dungeon tele scrolls. Another option could be nerfed backpacks without slots, that way people would still want an inmune, but would try to get it for greed or in very rare cases the +9 bonus (and still be inferior to an inmune for pvp/woe)

#92 6492170729235156913

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Re: Start Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

You aren't forced to buy anything. I only bought like $30 worth of WPE when I first started and now I pay for both WPE and Silvervine with zeny. The fact that SV100 boxes are vend-able and WPE codes are legally trade-able with zeny means pay to win isn't really a thing, it's an option for people who are bad at making zeny, though.

The concept of 'pay to win' is that you are able to pay real money to get something that top tier players are able to get by grinding. You farming efficiency does not change the fact that some one can swipe their credit card and get the same power level as top tier players.

Given the same amount of playable hours, a paying user will always win more than a non paying user. This does not mean a free to play players are bad at making zeny. Its even more absurd as majority of the 'zenny making' ways are rng drops below 1%. 

That being said, I feel that the cash shop items that are currently in this game do provide good 'quality of life' and give a chance for casual players to buy their way to the top tier. The more serious players, who are also using cash shop items are indeed paying to win. 

#93 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Yes, obviously the cash shop exists, and can be used to purchase items and zeny. You are not "forced" to pay to win, especially not in an event like this, where the cost per ore is a measly 10 silvervine.

#94 6492170729235156913

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Re: Start Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Yes, obviously the cash shop exists, and can be used to purchase items and zeny. You are not "forced" to pay to win, especially not in an event like this, where the cost per ore is a measly 10 silvervine.

to this I agree 100%

#95 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

So the basic message is for now :

We are ok with the event atm, but please dont overdo it and think of other ways in the future? 

#96 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

We are ok with the event atm, but please dont overdo it and think of other ways in the future? 

:hmm:  :no1:

#97 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

no, i still dont like it. first people start quitting again... its a mess... do we really need this focking event when we already have enriched ore in cashshop? omfg...
make players stay instead of push them away would be more money in longterm imo...ill boykott cashshop until this event is running to minimze the success of it :P
gl upgrading.

#98 SoulLoki

SoulLoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

If people want HBP for Greed purposes, Restart could always just put in the slotted Amistr Bags.

Each bag type gives:

But you can choose which skill you want for the bag

Is it nostalgy server?!

Please don't add this trash, we already have stupid wings  :pif:

#99 MangoPie

MangoPie

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

I think this event is the final nail in the coffin for me. Goodluck to all.

#100 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Man, I've been out of this game for a good 5 years now i think and people are still just as uptight as ever. It's a game, people being the top player of the server will not give them some sort of Eternal Glory, no one cares. Live and let live people, the good thing about Ragnarok is that you get to play the way you want it.

Whether you're a cheater, a pay2win, an honest grinder, an upgrader, an mvper, a party person, a pvper you can play however you want it. (and yes cheaters get banned, but i'm pretty sure that's why they do it, the trill)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users