Refine Event Discussion Topic - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Refine Event Discussion Topic

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#26 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

10% -> 15% seems more like a 50% increase to me.

#27 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

enrich event is ok, stop rage on it
its give a chance to refine some +4 gear more
and price down to +7 and more gear

also, its destroy a LOT of cheap +0 grab eqs from vends

but

we all wanna SPAWN INCREASE IN GD (expect Luina)
Alde Castles is amazin becouse its have 1 GD for leveling on high levels
and all other... meh (we can lvling in prontera gd only with priest+30lvl mage, or something else, its not normal T_T)

i dont say about bots, and other things....

but yeah, zeny silk is need to odin now

People seem to think we are raging over the 5%, it's not the 5% that's the issue, it's what it opens the door to later down the road. It screwed up chaos already. It starts with with oh it's only 5% oh now it's enriched hammer, oh now it's only an event once a year...no now twice....oh sorry 3 times a year silly us and here's another 5x enriched hammers inbetween

#28 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

GMs need money. Coz its almost black friday sale & xmas. Thats the bonuses. lol

Edited by Wil676, 17 October 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#29 Lightout1989

Lightout1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

I've attempted to refine lots of gear and I'm definitely not rich at all, LOL.

#30 Lightout1989

Lightout1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lol yea check ragial, the idea to put more butts in the seat is already tanking. New f2p players won't even be able to afford silvervines to get their foot in the door to compete with people at this point

My brother just started on Odin, he is unfortunately one of these players. :(

#31 Jacpot777

Jacpot777

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

we need some fun event that people involve like save the princess that kind of -_-.

not this increase refine rate.

Or maybe rare monbs hunting event that getting some rare drop that unable to be obtain atm.

#32 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

10% -> 15% seems more like a 50% increase to me.

^

#33 Giel

Giel

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Please consider not doing the refine event, it's already way too easy to refine stuff as it is.

#34 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

I have to agree with the anti-refine event sentiment. It’s not meant to be easy to get +10 gear in RO, it takes away from the “special-ness” of gear.

I like the cosmetic cash shop options since I know you guys need to make money, and they are non-game affecting options which is great. I worry about the longevity though, since so many are releasing so quickly, maybe they will lose value at this rate.

It is a shame there is no player housing RO, that would be a perfect cosmetic option that would not break the game but give cash shop options.

Aesthetic only pets may be another option? Ones that don’t give stats or run away?

Anyway so far I am enjoying the server, I think a lot of things have been done right so I can understand why people are worried, I want this server to succeed. :)

#35 NaryaDL0re

NaryaDL0re

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Just make this server subscription based and save it before these cash events kill the game like more or less every RO server before it. It cannot possibly be this hard to learn from mistakes. I know microtransactions bring in much more money short term, but someone at gravity somewhere must love ragnarok as well and be willing to have at least 1(!!!) server that prioritizes providing a great gameplay experience over income. Think of it as your reward product for loyal customers.

No refine events please, higher emphasize on balance (guild dungs), stronger crackdown on bots and zenysink to combat this horrible inflation so early on, a little less cosmetics or you are going to run out too soon.

Please treat this server in a way that makes me think you want it to still be around in 2-4 years. Right now it doesn't seem that way to me from a business perspective. (Masters degree in Business Informatics)

Edited by NaryaDL0re, 17 October 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#36 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Okay, here are my thoughts as a player who yet to spend any money.

You're not going to attract new players for a game that is 15 years old. All you're going to get is the people who are playing for nostalgia sake.

The people playing the game currently is pretty much all you're going to get, plus maybe a few new people every now and then, but you're not going to get an influx of 100-200 new players every other day who will actually play the game on a daily basis, unlike a new MMORPG.

So what you have now on this server, is pretty much all you'll be having, and let's be honest, it's not a lot. We see 4k players online, but you still have a ton of bots. 3k actual player is the max that I would say are actual players playing the game.

Introducing this refinement event is just going to kill the server and make it age faster. You're allowing the people you already have reach an end state at a much quicker pace. Just throwing maybe $50USD, I'd be more than decently geared in a couple of days.

We want to enjoy the game at a slow pace, and you're introducing an event that will quicken the aging of the server after just 3 months? Have you really, really thought this through?

Back in those days, it would be a freaking pain to get a +7. Now, +7 is just the freaking basic. This refine event is simply going to make +7 the new "noob" item. 

And please, don't get me started on the costumes. Every 1-2 weeks you're introducing new costumes. S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y?

Edited by rhexis, 17 October 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#37 InsatiableKnight

InsatiableKnight

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

Elu @95k WTF!?!

#38 Skormi

Skormi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

when this many people are complaining on the forum, not just about an event but about the future of the server and the current state of things, you KNOW things are bad and need to change. 
at this point, i'm worried about what's going to become of the server and kind of worried about investing any more time and effort into it. i'm pretty sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat.

we were already doomed with the woe pots. then there were bots. lots of bots. and server issues. and now there's still bots, still woe pots, and new issues popping up every maint that just doesn't get taken care of. getting "butts put into seats" would take a lot of fixing of past errors, NOT new events. no one really wants these kind of events. maybe having some of the new hats (ie skull cap) put in one at a time would be a nice 'event'. but this early on WE DO NOT NEED THESE EVENTS. 

please, take a look at the past of RO. the entire past, i mean go back to the beginning of the news/events. classes, maps, and cards were released slowly. we're past that point. then came holiday events-- halloween, christmas, etc. but those events were SO simple, and exp events were somewhat scarce. then, at some point... we got TI quests, turtles/dragons TIs, hugel medals, KP boxes with medals, etc. i had quit at that point. a LOT of people i know quit at that point, right before or after 3rd classes came out. these events are an incredibly slippery slope and simply, we don't need them. no one sits around thinking 'man i wish we had a refine event right now'. we DO sit around and think 'man i wish there weren't so many bots on this map'. everyone's number one complaint this entire time has been the bots (or the server stability). fixing these issues WILL bring people back, and increase activity. i personally haven't been playing much because of burn out from dealing with bots and their effect on the economy, and with the frequent costumes, and with many of the things i want not even being implemented properly or taking a long time to 'fix' back to normal (missing ein maps, monster exp and spawns, drop rates?, waiting on classes)

remember that new server no one wanted a couple months ago? it feels like this server is aging so fast, maybe we DO need a new server. with a bot shield, with a different platform, without woe pots, all classes released in the beginning, with a good zeny sink, none of these ridiculous events, with all the issues we've had already dealt with. i would gladly leave this server behind for a better version without bots. 

take a look at where the other servers went wrong - and DON't go down that path. try asking the players what we want for a change, and LISTEN before implementing things we don't even want.

i will say-- thank you campitor, for being forward with us and taking the time to actually explain your reasoning. it's nice to have insight into what's going on behind the scenes. but please listen to the actual players of the server.

Edited by Skormi, 17 October 2017 - 11:11 PM.

#39 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

It's funny how you say this event will make refining more accessible for players, but have you considered this:

- elu/ori prices are gonna go up even more now

- the only option to get SV from quests right now is not viable for new players at all, and new players can't afford SV at the current price either

Maybe instead of a refinement event, finally look at all the suggestions you guys got for more varied SV quests and implement that first. You know, since you guys specifically asked for suggestions regarding the SV system?

#40 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

For the love of God please don't do a refine event. It's ridiculously easy to +7 and +9 gear already, all you're doing is affecting the longevity of the server. Oh well, I have no idea why I expected this server to be different and not a cash grab.

As someone said an increase from 10% to 15% is not a 5% increase, but a 50% increase. You're just going to saturate the market with over upgraded gear, while driving up the prices of Silvervine and refine mats.

#41 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Hilariously, it's going to be harder for some people to refine due to this announcement arguably. Silvervine prices has already shot up, as well as Elu and Ori prices.

#42 Jacpot777

Jacpot777

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

+9 everywhere soon....

silvervine will be over 800k after the maintenance

i rather u launch safe to +9 ticket people spends money to buy for their VIP acc than the botters spend in game zeny buy silvervine and exchange ore for the refine.

WP team > sales got bad? need to makes some money for year end bonus?

#43 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

Hilariously, it's going to be harder for some people to refine due to this announcement arguably. Silvervine prices has already shot up, as well as Elu and Ori prices.

LOL. AS IF. Do you know Cashshop? Thats what this event is made for.... grab some cash baby.

GZ Wp :) Silvervine @700k already. Do you think about the things you do and about the result it will end from time to time?

#wpsosad

Edited by hansibaer, 18 October 2017 - 12:34 AM.

#44 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

LOL. AS IF. Do you know Cashshop? Thats what this event is made for.... grab some cash baby.

GZ Wp :) Silvervine @700k already. Do you think about the things you do and about the result it will end from time to time?

#wpsosad

This. It takes less than a minute to think and realise that this event only helps people who buy SV with KP and no one else.

So WP trying to sell this as making refinement more accessible for "everyone" is just BS.

#45 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Yeah that's exactly what my post was trying to imply, sorry if it sounded otherwise. This event helps nobody but those who spend actual money on Enriched Ores.

#46 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

Increasing the price of silvervine is just going to push even more players away. I already don't feel like playing because at this rate I soon won't be able to afford WoE supplies.

You could at least make PvE less tedious and put the greed back pack in.

Oh yeah and your cross event is garbage. You couldn't pay me to play RO2.

Edited by EwoI, 18 October 2017 - 01:05 AM.

#47 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

S> ori 200k ea / elu 150k ea

#48 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

if wp needs money they should just ask for it. sth like wikipedia or kickstarter is doing. this server is going way too fast. many people have +9/10 fullequip already. earlier it took years to do that. im sure we get rebirth soon and then its just a question of months to get 3rd class.

one motivation in ro is "to earn" what you have. but when wp throws everything after you and its only a few $ away, its just garbage.

WP wants to bring asses into seats? well, okay. and what to do ingame then? Farm equip? no need, when you have most of stuff. farm stuff for woe? Y? When Woe Pots is just a few Cents way. PVP access is bad. WoE only one time/ 2hours a week. Maybe you can MVP a bit. Thats it. Townsitting is no option... if its needed to throw stuff after people to make them play. something is wrong. This wont work...

you can get +10% upgradechance already by buying some silvervine. bad enough, i dont like that. all these "extras" is killing the ragnarok-spirit. infinit pots, better upgrade, godlike cashhatgears, tons of bots who farm cards and equips so its unbelievable cheap, better dropchance by vip, tons of better dropchance events, insame amount of XP with VIP, Event + Manual, etc. Will this ever stop at any point?!  now you add 5% refinement. next time you need to top this. you create infinite problems and people will ask for more and more.  and when they have everything they need? whats up then? "OH, Ro is boring. Lets play another game... "...gj wp :/...not.

#49 SaintMulla1

SaintMulla1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

im really worried where this server is going i feel like they trying to get as much cash as they can asap and let the server die on its own lol! 

#50 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Please dont make +9's and +10's worthless on this server. Add in a questable hat that gives you halloween candy on death or something.

Edited by FatalityX, 18 October 2017 - 04:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users