Refine Event Discussion Topic - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Refine Event Discussion Topic

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#51 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

Is there any chance at all on cancelling the upgrade event, or are you going to go ahead with it? I haven't seen a single post on these forums that actually agree with the event, maybe that should tell you something..?

#52 Gionn

Gionn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

People worried about an upgrade event...

Guys, it's just one more of the innumerable problems of this server,

by the way, the economy of this server is a roller coaster (again and again.. up.. down..), ANYWAY, I have only one thing to say...

BOTS EVERYWHERE!1!!1

Why the team that hunts bots is not working anymore?

#53 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

Is there any chance at all on cancelling the upgrade event, or are you going to go ahead with it? I haven't seen a single post on these forums that actually agree with the event, maybe that should tell you something..?

i agree with the event :)

#54 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

Stop this insane BS! Show up! Let WP know they are wrong! We don't want this marketcrasher cashgrab event! WP, if you want our cash do your job and care for a healthy longlife server!

Guys, leave your "+1" here please.

#55 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

-1, I want +9/+10 gear more cheaper :)

#56 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

+1.

Wyrd1 confirmed as not caring about the long-term health of the server, I guess.

#57 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

+1.

Wyrd1 confirmed as not caring about the long-term health of the server, I guess.

long-term health???? you're totally forgetting that future equips(valk, diabolus, tidal shoes, wool scarf,etc etc) will replace these current trash equips, its only matter of time... +5% is like nothing and overupgraded gears on renewal is trash, only good for items that need upgrade for bonus like carat headgears, firelock footgears, skull cap, ebw, etc...  

Edited by Wyrd1, 18 October 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#58 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

long-term health???? you're totally forgetting that future equips(valk, diabolus, tidal shoes, wool scarf,etc etc) will replace these current trash equips, its only matter of time... +5% is like nothing and overupgraded gears on renewal is trash, only good for items that need upgrade for bonus like carat headgears, firelock footgears, skull cap, ebw, etc...

This guy really doesn't see the big picture, too short sighted and only looking at the gear in itself and not the refine events this invites in the future that ruined the chaos server

#59 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

This guy really doesn't see the big picture, too short sighted and only looking at the gear in itself and not the refine events this invites in the future that ruined the chaos server

I really dont care about Chaos... anyway, refinement events only helps ppl to save time/money i cant see any problem on it, ppl should complain about important things like bots, OP cashshop gears(FAW, HBP, OCP items, etc), wp rushing updates (yea, this will kill the server early), etc...

#60 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

too bad they won't listen. so don't bother. 

#61 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

I really dont care about Chaos... anyway, refinement events only helps ppl to save time/money i cant see any problem on it, ppl should complain about important things like bots, OP cashshop gears(FAW, HBP, OCP items, etc), wp rushing updates (yea, this will kill the server early), etc...

Who does it help, the people who are alrdy fine, or those who don't have money, because if ur talking about noobs or even people in the "middle class" they will suffer due to the severe rise in prices that have alrdy happened and the event has not even released yet. I dunno what kind of bubble you live in, nor do I know of you have ever played on chaos. But if you haven't, take a trip over to chaos and see how insanely broken it is due to those upgrade events, and yes, also all the severely broken items it has now. And today take a gander at ragial and see what has happened to prices in under 24 hours. How does that help the server or new ppl just starting

#62 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

5% might not seem like much, and right now, it really isn't. But you would be foolish to assume that it would only happen once, and it would only be this low of an increase. This refine event for Odin is basically WP dipping their toe into the water to see if it's good enough to dive into.

If you look back at Renewal's first refinement event in Sept 2016, you will see that they broke their promise on it being a once in a life time or once a year event when they ended up having the event done 3 times in a single year. But not only that, they ignored any and all concerns or issues with the events just so they could make a quick buck. The result on Chaos? Putting the nail in WoE's coffin by causing 3 new and unprepared guilds to quit the server when they couldn't make the gear or get enough to refine them in time.

Sure, Chaos had it worse than this current event for Odin, but keep in mind when serious concerns are brought to the table like they were on Chaos, the GMs will ignore you.

#63 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

Who does it help, the people who are alrdy fine, or those who don't have money, because if ur talking about noobs or even people in the "middle class" they will suffer due to the severe rise in prices that have alrdy happened and the event has not even released yet. I dunno what kind of bubble you live in, nor do I know of you have ever played on chaos. But if you haven't, take a trip over to chaos and see how insanely broken it is due to those upgrade events, and yes, also all the severely broken items it has now. And today take a gander at ragial and see what has happened to prices in under 24 hours. How does that help the server or new ppl just starting

u know what is speculation?? when people realize that 5% doesnt change that much, prices will return to normal. besides, the market is already saturated of +9/+10 gears, forcing the price down again... What kind of bubble you live in?

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

Stop this insane BS! Show up! Let WP know they are wrong! We don't want this marketcrasher cashgrab event! WP, if you want our cash do your job and care for a healthy longlife server!

Guys, leave your "+1" here please.

Aren't you the guy that posts on everyone's topic's about how they shouldn't whine or complain about anything? 

Anyway the event is not a good idea, it's a bad precedent for what will follow. 

#65 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

u know what is speculation?? when people realize that 5% doesnt change that much, prices will return to normal. besides, the market is already saturated of +9/+10 gears, forcing the price down again... What kind of bubble you live in?

Lol ok u clearly didn't play renewal so no point in continuing with u, u have no idea what's going to come down the road from this

I was hoping all the people that wanted to be spoon fed would go to or stay on renewal, clearly I was wrong

Edited by Spoon, 18 October 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#66 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

Just for information and discussion fodder:

With event:

Chance from +0 to +7 (Armor): 53.44%

Chance from +0 to +9 (Armor): 10.82%

Without event:

Chance from +0 to +7 (Armor): 44.1%

Chance from +0 to +9 (Armor): 7.06%

Now my opinion: +1 to OP

#67 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Lol ok u clearly didn't play renewal so no point in continuing with u, u have no idea what's going to come down the road from this

I was hoping all the people that wanted to be spoon fed would go to or stay on renewal, clearly I was wrong

Lol ok u clearly don't know how Warp Portal works so no point in continuing with u... every1 knows what is coming, cuz wp always do it, people need to enjoy while this server is playable and try to complain about things that really matter to at least try to have a better server...

#68 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Soo ... before this falls even further down to a bottomless pit ... like it always does on this forum ,when people disagree ... ... RELAX WILL YA?! ...

Ok with that out of the system :

Seriously what you guys expect ... if the done it once on a server and got away with it... they will do it again, since when are you actually concernd about over upgraded stuff? +7 equip is already worth nothing compared to the age of the server its completly laughable and upgrade event just pushes the prize down further.

Just guys really i actually dont care if they see it through or if they dont, it will change the market for sure but who on earth has a major in economics and can predict how the market is effected, seriously just take the look at the state of the server and tell me what on this matter is "like it used to be" .  on the early early days a willow card would have been 200k ... and that would have been redeemed never affordable for newer players a pupa for 1m was common +4 equip was already woe acceptable +7 was overpowered , with renewal in place and classic exp , woe pots and enriched refinement, what is it what you actually think will happen ? +9 Shoes for 1m ? +0 Shoes for 5m ? Elunium for 500k? So ..what?

This is neither a classic server, this is not the eco of a server that just started and stormed by beginners , this is not a 10 year old renewal server. You think they do this 3 times a year, so what? 3 Times  a year is properbably around 1 month before more game changing content is comming .... basicly : enjoy your +9 shoes... at one point the will be replaced by variant ... enjoy your +9 undershirt...  other stuff is comming aswell...

#69 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

Aren't you the guy that posts on everyone's topic's about how they shouldn't whine or complain about anything? 

Anyway the event is not a good idea, it's a bad precedent for what will follow. 

Its a difference if you complain about the game how its designed (uhhhh, my assa is so bad) or to complain about bad decisions by the dev-team.
you just cant change the game. but nice to see that you even start to flame against me when we have the same opinion <3

#70 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

is 5% increase so much of a bigdeal?

I know that upgrade events got ridiculous on renewal server but hopefully there wont be more events like this every 3 months, plus, the equips ingame atm are trash compared to what is going to be implemented with future updates.

Are +10 boots or +10 buckler that broken? 

I can see hypocrisy, specially from people who defended how WoE pots were a good thing for a new server and asked, in top of that, to implement buff scrolls for cash and free trade white/blue pots, full stats reset , and said OBB quest permanently implemented is not a bigdeal for a new server.

Out of a sudden they are concerned about how the game will become "too easy" and have no long term goals for players.

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

Its a difference if you complain about the game how its designed (uhhhh, my assa is so bad) or to complain about bad decisions by the dev-team.
you just cant change the game. but nice to see that you even start to flame against me when we have the same opinion <3

That's because you unnecessarily go into people's threads when they make suggestions or put forward ideas that could actually be good discussions and accuse them of whining or complaining. I wanted you to know how it feels.

I've never "complained" about my assassin sucking. I play assassin for a reason and it DOES suck at every other aspect of the game, but there's a difference between acknowledgement and complaining. 

There's a lot about the game they could change, like putting in dungeon teleport scrolls would bring them a lot of money and not hurt any economic sides of the game. they could put the buff npcs in many towns instead of just prontera. They could implement lots of the ideas that people come up with.

Upgrade events tho? This specific event itself is mostly harmless. The only real problem with it is what the future will bring if this event is accepted, then we only need to look at renewal and see what is going to come. 

This event as it stands is going to clear out a lot of the slotted items on the market and stimulate the economy short term. It'll probably affect the price of silvervine and it'll make elu/ori more saleable for people who hunt ingame.

I just fear what comes next. Enriched hammer? mighty hammer? safe certs? If you're gonna complain about it, at least do so by giving reasons, not just calling it "BS" and "bad" and "cashgrab". /If you spend a few minutes writing down why you feel like it's a bad idea you might realize this event alone is not as bad as what it's opening the path to. 

#72 6492170729235156913

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Re: Start Odin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Can someone please explain to me how this event will ruin the long term health of the game? I am yet to hear one good argument for this case.

#73 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

they always doing this kind of -_- event before holidays. Coz they getting broke they need extra money for their family. Coz thor/chaos/classic dead. Same old -_-.

#74 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Can someone please explain to me how this event will ruin the long term health of the game? I am yet to hear one good argument for this case.

There isn't one, everything is a maybe and look at what happened. Truth is, as long as they don't do them regularly, it's harmless. So people are complaining about a future possibility that may or may not come.

#75 Skormi

Skormi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

There isn't one, everything is a maybe and look at what happened. Truth is, as long as they don't do them regularly, it's harmless. So people are complaining about a future possibility that may or may not come.

the problem is they did this before on chaos. they said it was once in a life time. then they did it again... and again. it was the final nail in the coffin for chaos.

them doing it again, here, shows they learned nothing from the past. OF COURSE no one trusts that it's only gonna be a one time thing, why would we? and the fact that they are trying to implement new events like this just because they want more people playing, while ignoring all the real issues. if this is their idea of trying to get more people online, what else are they gonna try when the numbers keep going down...?

it's basically an issue of trust. we've seen what happened to the other servers and we don't want this one to die so early on.

Edited by Skormi, 18 October 2017 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users