1 reply to this topic

#1 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hi. I would like to try playing again RO2 after a very long time. The last time I played was when the server is only available in Korea, that's roughly 2012? I only had lv50 ranger, and morroc was the farthest map.

Any major update? I think Card Synthesis, Reinforcement, WOE, and Fusion Systems were introduced when I'm no longer playing as I cannot using those.

Currently downloading and it will take a while.

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Welcome back.

Yes you definitely would have missed a lot. Probably the more important ones I'll try listing out. I would say try to talk to people and ask nicely for help if you are unsure about things. Just be respectful and don't beg as that's the easiest way to get ignored.

Previous Content
- Old formulas and stat system have been thrown out and redone. Previously, Agility was the king of all stats, now it has shifted to Vigor and to a lesser extent Vitality.
- A lot of dungeons and raids are mostly obsolete. Of course you can still choose to do it but their difficulty has been increased (they scaled it up to be appropriate for level 70s) but their rewards have not. As a result, it is generally not worth the effort. New gear that is far easier to obtain vastly overshadows it.
- Most classes have had skills reworked or changed. 

General Combat
- After level 50, a new "Master Level" system was introduce. Your experience points are now also treated as currency, and level ups are not automatic. Level cap is now 90 (also called Master Level 40).
- New maps starting from Morroc are: Dayr Desert, Osiris Tomb, Darkwhisper Fortress, Forgotten Payon, Jawaii Islands and Jawaii Wonderland dungeon. The few I don't bother to list are rarely used.
- New element system for monsters and weapons

Power-up Options
- You can "purchase" additional stat and skill points with the Master level experience points (optional but eventually recommended).
- New types of runes. Red/Blue/Green seed runes were introduced with Chaos Dungeon, I forget if Korea had that. "Bind Runes" were introduced with the Forgotten Payon update I believe. 
- Honing system is a new way to get various inaccessible stats on your gears, like the aforementioned Vigor stats. Similarly, there is a "Seal system" for accessories.
- Gear refinement no longer uses Oridecon/Elunium/Karnium. It now uses different kinds of powders and the new protection item is called Infinium. The upgrade cap has also increased to +20
- Card enhancement has been made easier

Appearance customization options
- A new type of currency called the "Diamond System", involves cash shop but if you are free to play there are ways you can grind for them. It has several purposes
- Element system gives your weapons different coloured glows if you refine your Weapon
- You can now combine the appearance of any armor into whatever armor you want to have for stats. This means you can look like a Warrior even though you are a Priest for example. There is still no cross-class weapon skinning though. Also, this is race locked.
- A few new costumes have been introduced of course
- Aura system lets you apply a few glows to your armor
- Costume fusion is much less restrictive now but also uses new items

PVP
- Colosseum is a bit outdated now. Current kings are Assassins and Monks (in my opinion anyways).

I am 100% sure I missed some things but just explore the game at your own pace and you'll get it eventually. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Arbalist, 19 October 2017 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users