RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

So this is plain and simple with rogue around the corner, i am planning to pass the farming scepter from my Assasin to my future red guy.

I actually never played one before so i would appreciate some suggestions on improvements.

Planned Equip:

Headgear : ??? + Myst card ( i would really love a suggestion for headgear cant think of any)

middle Hd: ??? 

lower hd : Angry Snarl 

Weapon : +7 carded Gladius

Armor : Thief Cloths + usual ele/hp boost cards

Garment : Immume Muffler plain and simple  (+9 undershirt will never happen ...not worth it)

Shoes :  +9 firelock shoes

Planned Stats (food/ agi bless in bonus included) :

Str 70  (+28)

Agi 92 (+32)

Vit 30 (+16)

Dex 64 (+27)

I guess the one thing that interrest me the most is the auto steal chance, i want to know if the dex is sufficient or even overkill (target dex, if its even a think in this case is ~80-90)

#2 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

The dex you need will depend on what you plan on farming, that being said, 91 dex should be sufficient for most Rogue farmable mobs,

On mobs with enough HP, you have to consider that EACH auto attack tries the steal again, if you're attacking a mob with 15000 HP, you get alot of auto attacks in, so you could be attempting to steal 25+ times per mob

Your autosteal is most likely going to grab something in the first 3 slots of the drop table(Usually the highest drop chances), though some mobs are different

So look for things either in high demand, like materials, OR something that has high O/C loot --in the first 3 slots-- , as the steal will attempt to take something from each slot until it either succeeds or fails completely, each slots drop % is also taken into consideration when determining if you stole it or not

So a fail should look like this,

1. fail

2. fail

3. fail

~

7. fail

Steal Failed

A success should be like this,

1. fail

2. fail

3. Success

Also, it will never steal a card(Technically the last drop slot, might NOT be a card on some mobs), it should be programmed not to

This is just from my research and my own personal experience with Steal Rogues over the years

Gear doesnt really matter, you just need to be geared enough to survive where you choose to farm without using more money than you're bringing in

p.s., you should turn /skillfail off, so you dont get constant "skill failed" messages

Edited by Twistex, 20 October 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#3 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for the clarifications ,any suggestion for upper headgear?

#4 MuffinMikey

MuffinMikey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Top: Ulle hat (when released)

Middle: most like Robo Eyes

Mostly for armor, I would prefer Panties/Undershirt Combo because of the bonus AGI/Flee, If you're in need of elemental armor that much, then yes go Elemental Thief Clothes... but for mobs with low hit then I would just rely on flee.

To make it more specific, do you have a particular mob you're interested in farming?

#5 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

I have several in mind and ele amor supply is not an issue for me , undershirt+pantie i would only use for mobs that dont have annoying property attacks and thanks for the headgear suggestion i will keep it in mind when its implemented =)

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

You'll pretty much gear and stat it like a Sin, just using dagger instead of katar(and not investing into crit).

#7 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

Allright i know everything i need than ,thx Ashuckel

#8 Eikii

Eikii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Also, it will never steal a card(Technically the last drop slot, might NOT be a card on some mobs), it should be programmed not to

We're going to need verification on this because I have played on servers where auto-stealing cards was possible (albeit an extremely low chance, you'd probably drop one or two normally first).

#9 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

We're going to need verification on this because I have played on servers where auto-stealing cards was possible (albeit an extremely low chance, you'd probably drop one or two normally first).

I too would appreciate the verification. If there are conflicting stories its worth it to know for this particular server

#10 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

i still prefer katars sins and GX skills for farming...

but if your on restart you should try rogue when its in, not a horrible class to farm with, but really not amazing either

#11 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

i still prefer katars sins and GX skills for farming...

but if your on restart you should try rogue when its in, not a horrible class to farm with, but really not amazing either

Every class is horrible for farming if you dont have the correct gear or the wrong farming map, this goes for assasin aswel as rogue, there are maps where rogue is superior to assasin and vice versa.

Edited by RealGarion, 26 October 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#12 iDreew

iDreew

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Re:bot :/

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Any suggestions about farm spots, besides raydric? I have a thief sitting at job 50 waiting for the patch. 

#13 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Actually no suggesting someone a spot to farm useally destroys this spot in generell so think about strength and weakness of your rogue and about supply and demand in the market ... make some assumptions about and test it ... if you succeed you got your spot

#14 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

Any suggestions about farm spots, besides raydric? I have a thief sitting at job 50 waiting for the patch.

Where you can either kill fast, Or steal a lot while not using a lot of pots

Basically all there is to rogue farming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users