2 replies to this topic

#1 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Please look into how the skill animation system works.
Players are able to abuse the way the system works, and I'm not sure why it works.
Players are able to cast the same skill twice before it going on cooldown with 3rd party programs (a macro)
Players are able to chain \ hide animations of other skills using a macro with timed intervals between each F1-F8 key action.

I've also noticed the "server check" or "server request" from a players client is pretty delayed, and I'd like to see it be more frequent if possible, probably not though since it's such an old engine.
It's almost like a CHKSM being heavily delayed for no good reason.

For instance if you are to macro abuse, and skill stack, you get de-synced from the server, or well that's the best way to explain it, and it causes your character to start running through walls on other peoples clients (their point of view) while client side you are actually somewhere else than the server is representing to other player(s) in the game.

This is an issue in Draconis Peaks as well when you're picking up eggs and there's more than 2 people trying to retrieve or pick up the same egg, tested this & it's true.

Macro's, and cheat engine client side modifications all can be dealt with if there was an Anti-Cheat safeguard brought back to ROSE Online again, such as Game Guard.

Edited by Snuwfer, 22 October 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#2 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

I love these "Genesis" topics there so much fun!

carry on.

Edited by Cortiz, 22 October 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#3 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

If you feel another player is using a macro, please make a ticket and attach your proof. 

If you are reporting a bug or exploit, please create a ticket using Bug Report as the ticket department and again, attach your proof.

I will make sure that AndraSyte is aware of this topic tomorrow. However as it will no doubt end up in flames, I am locking the thread. If Andra wants it reopened, she can do that 

Closing topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users