• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Hey guys, i hve a question about which weapon to use for IB (Leveling until 150+, maybe mvp)
I dont really have much Zeny so i think this is my best chocie for now.

IMPORTANT - im playing on fRO (euRO) not iRO - so we dont have all the items and updates available

I have some choices but i dont know which weapon and which cards would be the best.

I want some SP and HP reg on my gears for leveling, i was using Rideword hat for SP, that was great but now ive got a Black Ribbon
at the Moment im using Earth Deleter Card, but i cant use it later on because i need Ele Armors
Is there any other chocie for SP leech?

Thanatos Great sword would replace my Rideword for SP leech, but HP leech still is not enough so i want to use 1x Hunterfly
Violet Fear has no leech so i have to use Earth Deleter or.. ? but i can use 1x Hunterfly + 1x SwordG or Hilsrion or 2x Hunterfly or % card?
Red Twin edge has lower atk but 3 slots, but i think its only good if im going to use it with Shadow Chaser too, right?. (i dont have/want SC)

i will need some time for IB5 so im still using dbl Sword G Violet Fear. When getting IB i think its better to push ATK or %dmg because it boosts BB AND IB, not only BB.. right?

Someone told me Thanatos Great Sword is not enchantable, so its only 1 slot and no fighting spirits on it. Means its missing 40+ atk BUT it has 120 MATK, would that be better than the Fighting Spirits? (Enchant Blade + 30-60 int in my Build)
on the other hand Violet Fear is enchantable with 40+ atk, but no SP Leech on it. i would use 1x HF 1x SWG/Hilsr. or 2x HF - in this case i dont have any SP Reg
RTE has 3 Slot but lower Atk, but Shield usable.

For MVP later i think Violet F + 2x Abysmal is best (then im going to use SP Pots, but when leveling i dont want to use SP potions)

And what about % Dmg cards, is Sword G or Hilsr. really better than 20% Cards? before Renewal it was all about 20/20/15% cards

On Iro there are some more nice items, but we dont have them right now..

Another Question, im not 100% sure about my Stats

Atm i have this stats with lv 107/16

str 100 (waiting for higher lvls to push more, because its getting expensive after 100)
agi 25 (planing 40-60 agi because of parry delay+black ribbon atk bonus)
vit 80 (im ok with that at the moment, later i want 100 vit for immunity)
int 30 (sp problems.. planning to go for ~60int)
dex 60 (casttime/hit, going for 70-80 base dex)
luk 11 (i dont know about the renewal changes.. going for 20-30 at lower lvls because its cheap :o)

Another Question, which Costume Set would be the best for low Zeny? I bought Shadow set but the +9 Stats setbonus doesnt work.. :(

Hope someone can help me, and sorry about my bad english :D

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

this guide might help IB RK guide

#3 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

Yea i know, thanks.
This guide helped me a Lot, but didnt answer all my questions

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

You posted a lot of questions and I'm not sure which ones you want answers to directly, but here are some of my thoughts pertaining to those. 

If you plan to go overweight, you could roll with an earth deleter (or undead knight in garment) but the return on that isn't very doable unless you're tanking huge mobs. If you have to cast 3 times to kill and only return 50 SP on the kill, you may be better off with more atk or survivabilty than the SP. A nidhoggur garb isn't a terrible idea either as that also has SP leech chance, as well as an incubus pet. 

I used a triple malicious red twin so I could use a shield, but at times I would opt for a malicious thanatos great sword when fire element wasn't a good idea. To note, the matk bonus you get from the weapon and enchant blade only go to your auto-attack, they are not added to your skills, so it won't benefit ignition break or bowling bash. Furthermore, thanatos weapons already has a built-in rideword effect, so the reason you'd want to use it is for the SP recovery it grants in addition to the HP recovery (and decent damage too). 

I do like full leech builds but that's heavily gear dependent, so it may be more viable at some point to just stack damage gear and rely on items to heal instead.

Your stats look mostly fine to me, but I think I would work up to 120 STR to use temporal boots (if you have them on your server).  

As an aside -- hillslion is definitely not better than 20% cards, though sword guardian is for bowling bash specifically. 

#5 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

If you plan to go overweight, you could roll with an earth deleter (or undead knight in garment) but the return on that isn't very doable unless you're tanking huge mobs. If you have to cast 3 times to kill and only return 50 SP on the kill, you may be better off with more atk or survivabilty than the SP. A nidhoggur garb isn't a terrible idea either as that also has SP leech chance, as well as an incubus pet.

Youre right, at the moment im fine with Earth deleter (actually lvling in magma2), but later on i want to use Urs Armor for Neutral Attack Reduce.

Niddhorgs is nice too, but as soon as i can afford it,  i want to use +12 God Skin + Temp Str Boots. At this point i need another SP source.

I used a triple malicious red twin so I could use a shield, but at times I would opt for a malicious thanatos great sword when fire element wasn't a good idea. To note, the matk bonus you get from the weapon and enchant blade only go to your auto-attack, they are not added to your skills, so it won't benefit ignition break or bowling bash. Furthermore, thanatos weapons already has a built-in rideword effect, so the reason you'd want to use it is for the SP recovery it grants in addition to the HP recovery (and decent damage too).

3x Malicous rte sounds nice, but im not sure if it does enough dmg.

So if the Matk Atk bonus doesnt work on Skills, Thanatos Great Sword is useless unless i need the Sp leech, right? Because Violet Fear has  much better Atk, because it is enchantable with 2x Fighting Spirit. Or is there any other good reason to use Thanatos in comparison to VF?

I heard about Spiritual Shadow Set now, i think this could solve all my SP Issues. So i can go OW, when SP drops Low i can also equip Rideword hat until i have Full Sp again, then switch back to Black Ribbon.

I do like full leech builds but that's heavily gear dependent, so it may be more viable at some point to just stack damage gear and rely on items to heal instead.

I also like them, thats what im going to try.

Your stats look mostly fine to me, but I think I would work up to 120 STR to use temporal boots (if you have them on your server).  

Yea we have them, at the moment statting Str is too expensive after 101 stats, so i will restat later to 120.

As an aside -- hillslion is definitely not better than 20% cards, though sword guardian is for bowling bash specifically.

Good to know, i think i dont use SwgC Because it only affects BB.

What do you Think about this for Grinding: (full leech)

3x Hunter Fly RTE

Black Ribbon

Black Devil Mask

Blue Poring Bubble

Urs Armor

Ray/Noxi God Skin

Temp Str Boots (bears power)

Thorny+Bison (to get Bears Proc)

Peuz Seal

Spiritual Shadow Costume Set

And for more Dmg (or single mobs) i would use VF with % Cards or Hunterfly.

in my imagination this sounds very good, but i dont know if i miss something important..

greetings

#6 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thorny+Bison (to get Bears Proc)

I'm not sure how Bear's Power work on euRO, but on iRO at least it only procs on received damage, so reflect won't affect anything since it only damage the enemies.

Edited by Hirumminho, 25 October 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#7 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

If you’re playing in fRO, i highly recommend going BB iB+DB hybrid build since there’s no stupid bowling bash cooldown there.

The thing with a BB build is that it’s cheap and efficient, especially with rideword/vanagard.

aim for 120 dex and wear a temporal dex shoes with FS enchant (any special enchant but bear power/speed of light preferred) then get vit and str to good amounts, and use a double force TGL/VF (depends on whether you want to cast db while on your bb build as well). You will be able to spam BB like 3-5 a second in between IBs which translate to very high dps (and fun to look at) and BB allows you to function like GX with their rolling cutter, whose double hit allow you to quickly rake up chances to absorb back sp.

Before you get 120dex, you might prefer to simply do IB walk, which involves casting IB and immediately following up with a spear dynamo (manually prepare a lvl1 of spear dynamo hot key to save sp and reduce the defense dropped) to cancel back animation and provide endure for you to walk away and thus kite monsters in IB’s 2 second cooldown. This allows you to mob HUGE group of monsters without taking much damage. However, it is not advised to use parrying if you are mobbing anything above 5-6 mobs as it would hinder the kiting due to interuptted spear dynamo casts. You can also use magnum break immediately to push monsters away instead of spear dynamo for slower mobs like zombies and big bell. This boost your next IB’s damage significantly as well. If you’re not using parrying, the best choice is a shield + either a thanatos mace/spear for sp leech (if you want to use black ribbon) or a rte triple malicious- if there is no evil dragon armor there. For iRO players, just go black ribbon plus eda and RTE.

stat build:
str/vit/dex90 then proceed to bring agi up to 30-50.
You may also just have lower str first like 60 str, since a lot of your damage depends on weapon anyway.
Boost dex to 120 after this.

my Final stat:
str 120
dex120
vit 110
int 60
agi 30

adjust lower vit or int if you went higher agi. This is a db/IB hybrid so you can convert to just do db anytime. If going db route halfway don’t focus on str first.

The BBIB build is honestly one of my favorite builds in various servers and really too bad we can’t have it here.

sample of ib b.b.: https://youtu.be/0IUfXhzWobc (kro)

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 October 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#8 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

I'm not sure how Bear's Power work on euRO, but on iRO at least it only procs on received damage, so reflect won't affect anything since it only damage the enemies.

Hm, i read in a post in a Guide this is possible, but i dont know which server that was. I have to ask some ppl. Thanks for the info.

@blackCROSSCY

Your Build looks really awesome, but i think its only possible @ 150+ because the stats 100-120 are really expensive.. actually im lv 108

Parry is really annoying when mobbing much Mobs, maybe its really better to only use 1h/shield when grinding.

For MVPing i think 2h is fine. (dbl Liberation VF)

But at the moment im @ NoggRoad, i like the 1hit Kill with BB with my 2x SwordG VF+Black Ribbon. If i miss one of these Items its not 1hit anymore. (Black Ribbon boosts IB+BB not IB+Wind Cutter or Sonic Wave on my Server)

I have read DB isnt viable at lower levels because of low HP/SP at lower levels, and its much more expensive than DB/BB Build, thats why i was going to use BB/IB.

Evil Dragon Armor is not implemented on our server at the moment, so i have to use something else for SP.

If i use 1h/shield i want to use RTE because of the 3x Hunterfly Cards, i really like to Grind for hours without going back to Storage for Potions.

Did you try the Spiritual Set? Or is there any other Set that is a "must have"?

I was going to buy the Str boots, but yea, the Dex boots looks really awesome too. - 0.5 sec Casttime is really nice (also works on bb right?)

Im really confused now and dont know what to do, because ther are so much options :/

This is my First 3rd Class beside my AB (110) that i want to use for Instances and MVPING

At the moment i just need a "cheap" build to LvLup and Go solo Instances to earn some Money.

But for endgame i think i will use your Build because it looks really Fun :D i still have all my free Stat/Skill resets to change my Build later.

2pb9cvqb.jpg

Edited by kytho88, 26 October 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#9 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

from your current stats i'd just pump dex all the way to 120 from here on, especially since you're using BB. Being able to spam BB is a big deal later on when mobs have more health. Sadly you'll only hit dex 120 at 141 from your current stats though. The other option is to just up your str to 120 and go temporal str boots. No BB spam but stronger IB/BBs.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 October 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#10 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Part of the 3xHF Red twin's appeal to me is that you can use a shield for survivability. In recent times I've gone from glass-cannon style builds to more survivable ones, but that's partially because of how leveling at 150+ works (enemies have 100k+ hp so a few casts won't do it.) 

Kytho, I would suggest you go for whichever playstyle you find more fun for the IB/BB route. 

1) casting skills at a slower rate but doing a bit more damage (120 STR first)

2) spamming skills faster but doing a bit less damage (120 DEX first) (this also assumes that you can in fact spam BB faster than our server allows)

I personally would opt for the 2nd route. Furthermore, if you don't plan to use temporal STR boots, do not get 120 STR as that extra 20 points of STR won't give you very much damage (at least, not enough to warrant the use of all those stat points.) 

Also, I know you guys have the heroic backpack (adventurer's bag? Not sure about name) and that's also a very good choice. My guess is that it is very expensive, but it's a great all around garment for damage + survival and greed makes looting very fast and so speeds up the overall process of grinding. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 October 2017 - 07:30 AM.

#11 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Hey, thanks for you answers.

From what you saying, i really would like to go 120Dex and 1h/shield, but first i have to get 5 more jobs for IB5

I have tried some gears with Stat Calc, and i noticed a huge difference between 1h and 2h.

If im going for 120Dex first, i dont have much Str, that makes my Dmg even worse..

Do you really think this is a good way to go for lower levels?

At the moment im able to 1hit the Nogg2 Mobs, when i change to 120Dex and 1h/shield i think i will need like 3-4 BBs for this Place.

But i also dont know the next Map im going to level, after nogg, maybe then its more useful to go for 120dex then.

Sorry for my stupid questions, but i really have no idea about the renewal leveling/equiping, beside partys. im also Mobbing in Jupe to get some exp, if i find a party at weekend, but mostly im grinding solo.

Today evening, i will try to get the Bravery Bag @ ambernite Game, then the next Item i have to buy is the Str or Dex Boots, and either Thanatos Mace/Sword, or RTE with Hunterfly Cards.

im really thankful for your answers, but im now even more undecided :D

Edited by kytho88, 26 October 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#12 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

Your STR at 100 should be fine for damage, and as you raise your dex your overall DPS with bowling bash will be much higher. 

Keep in mind, if you go 120 dex, bowling bash is going to be your main skill. 

I used standard 120 STR ignition break until about level 154 or so and then I get tired of it and switched to DB to powerlevel quickly during the xp event we had, to then switch back to phys build at level 175. 

If you go 120 dex, you'll be able to alternate to DB when suitable, and at higher levels being able to kite + aoe without face tanking is quite nice. 

#13 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:20 AM

some advice from a friend long ago

you need lots of hit for IB (so go for 120 dex) i remember casting IB but not doing damage on scarabs lol

RWH solves sp problem most of the time but on hp its meh so bring pots with you

you could also use Relax (LK skill) which regenerates hp so fast

you could switch weapon to leech hp (malicious thana) then your vf to kill those mobs

you need a lots of weapon for everything e.g. pecopeco egg vf for clocktower and such, just to maximize damage

luk also increase your hit :)

you can play with your stats here i thinks its global

#14 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hey.

I have made some testing now.

I trade something to get a +9 3x HF RTE, using a Raceshield, Rideword hat, Spiritual Set.

I am level 115 now, i can easily go to Ancient Worm/Tatacho/Dolomedes Map and can Mob as much as i can, i dont really need to Pot much. (but yea, using Black Ribbon, 1hit BB @ Nogg Road is still better exp for the moment)

I really like the leeching Method , my DMG isnt that good but i can still Kill them without any Problems <3

Let them Walk in my IB, 1-2 BBs, maybe more depends on my current HP/SP (leech) IB again, mob down.

RK this way is so much fun. My IB is like 10-15k, BB like 4-7K with current gear at this Enemys

But im still not sure i go BB120 dex or IB 120STR Build, because..

if i go 120 Dex BB is Mainskill, but you know the BB issues, i know there are Gutterlines, and i know how to prevent it, but its still really annoying sometimes. But the Higher leech chances are nice.

If i restat 120 Dex and Low str my dmg dont get Any Higher (but Dps Yes)

But imo, IB is useless then because BB is much better, why should i even Skill IB then?

If i go 120 Str IB has some more decent Dmg, but BB is still nice. I only cant BB that much..

I Keep my Str way for the moment, until level 120 and going to test some Thanatos Weapons, at 121 i can go Scaraba, i will test some more then, and then maybe decide >.<

Maybe i can Use my Black Ribbon again, when using the Thanatos Weapon, that would push my Dmg little bit More (50% BB, 20% IB)

I think if i go Str i will get like 80-90 Dex, if i go 120 Dex i will still get like 90 STR to activate Bravery Bag / Adventurers Bag Bonus (dont have the item atm, but im going to buy)

Edited by kytho88, 29 October 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#15 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

simple rule of thumb is that if you can finish mobs off in 2 IB, just go for 120 str first, because IB is much more convenient.

120dex BB has way higher dps but it’s quite a hassle due to gutter lines for farming. I would leave it for later levels if your IB can do the job.

#16 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Thanks i will Do that, i can wait to test the rk AT scarabas :D

Imo one of the Most fun class to Play

#17 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

Update:

LvL 122 leveling solo in Jupe, 80% to go for Scaraba :o

got my Adventurers Bagpack. 8 Str to go for 120 (still dont have Str Boots atm)

Question:

Thanatos mace with Hunterfly / raceshield  + Black Ribbon

or

Thanatos 2h with Hunterfly + Black Ribbon

or

Red Twin Edge with 3x Hunterfly + Evil Majestic Horn

or

20% Carded 1hand or 2hand?

for Scaraba?

Also, i do need Earth Armor right?

And should i use Runes?

Str Boots with Firelock, or Enchanted Str Boots? (cant afford bears power+FS atm)

(bought +6 verit str boots for cheap, until i have more zeny)

Its the first time i will try Scarabas, i dont know how much dmg i  will get, and eat

Edited by kytho88, 04 November 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#18 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

sry dbl post

Edited by kytho88, 04 November 2017 - 02:28 AM.

#19 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

All depends on your play-style. You might want the defensive capability of shield and the innate fire prop of red TENS for boosted IB, the cards can be a combination of racial and elemental cards or if you like hp leech then hunter fly. I personally would prefer a 2hs thana with parry over it.

You can use runes if you have the means. More damageand def.

For temp boots. I'd suggest you get fs str boots the last slot could be blank.

#20 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:42 AM

Ive tried my Dbl SwordG Double FS Violet Fear with Fire endow, Parry is so annoying i dont want to play 2h :/
Also tried Malicous Thanatos Hammer, need more HP Leech, Dmg is too low.
3x HF RTE Leech is fine, but still too low Dmg.

I think i have to wait until lvl 130 :/

Going to farm Jupe again, maybe trying Abysslake

Oh and one thing is, i get stunned all the time by scarabas, i have100 vit in total but i think i need Same lvl as scarabas for immunity, right?

Edited by kytho88, 06 November 2017 - 04:37 AM.

#21 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Nah, you have runes for that or if you really want stun resistance that badly buy an OH card. For damage, that is just normal unless you buy true seyren cards (well, I guess you can't coz it's no iRO) and put it on your +10 red tens then there will be a very significant change.

Edited by ChaoticRK, 06 November 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#22 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

you have to not use parrying if you’re mobbing a lot of monsters. 2HS has the best damage due to its base attack (and higher aspd but it’s useless if you can’t spam b.b.) but you’re gonna need defense options from garment without parrying. Otherwise stick to using mace/sword plus shield for large mobs

#23 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:26 AM

switch weapon... when you hp/sp too low go 3x HF RTE and when killing 2x kaho 1x caramel RTE afaik 60% damage increase works wonders

#24 kytho88

kytho88

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

update:

I can actualy kill pretty decent now at Scarabas, still using the 3x hf rte, but i dont like them..

im lvl 140 now, levled in jupe, now the xp really sucks :D

any suggestions for 140+? like i said i dont really like scarabs, its much to overgrinded there.

i want to level up to 150+ and switch build to agi/crit frenzy rk, maybe make some XP @ mvps

#25 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:00 AM

Only scaraba is the option or if you want then solo bio4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users