October 25th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 25th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

121 replies to this topic

#51 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Also
Bell ribbon costume pls

#52 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Disable rodex for novice and 1st job classes. RMTers are using this rodex to spam in our mail. Auto-ban/silence all who's spamming in town,our characters kept disconnecting because of their pm/mail spamming. I hope your team will fix it, please include it to your maintenance or atleast next week.

#53 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

October 25th, 11:00AM - 3:00PM PDT

Updates

• Disabling Deluge in WoE
  • Guild Dungeons (1,3,4) Receive a spawn increase
  • Am Mut's Acid Terror Level is reduced.

Since you're addressing WoE issues with immediate effect now, are you ever planning to address this empty castles problem that is making 2 hours of woe really boring? New player influx is not nearly enough for Odin, there is currently no way there will be enough guilds warring for 20 castles effectively. It's barely even half of that. Will we ever see half realms disabled? Are you considering the plan of having 2 days of woe with 2 different realms open on each day? Do you have an alternate plan? Having an active, fun and heated 2 hours of WoE would motivate newer players to work towards the only worthwhile end game activity besides MVPing right now, and older players might actually log in to play seriously. The current empty castle meta is killing WoE, which is your main event.

Edited by MyVictories, 25 October 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#54 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Since you're addressing WoE issues with immediate effect now, are you ever planning to address this empty castles problem that is making 2 hours of woe really boring? New player influx is not nearly enough for Odin, there is currently no way there will be enough guilds warring for 20 castles effectively. It's barely even half of that. Will we ever see half realms disabled? Are you considering the plan of having 2 days of woe with 2 different realms open on each day? Do you have an alternate plan? Having an active, fun and heated 2 hours of WoE would motivate newer players to work towards the only worthwhile end game activity besides MVPing right now, and older players might actually log in to play seriously. The current empty castle meta is killing WoE, which is your main event.

Reducing the castle amount will lock out newer players and guild from woe effectively ,how are you supposed to get any chance at a castle when all of them just split up between bigger guilds? 

At one point people might even stop trying, let us have our smaller guild vs smaller guild fights for the chance to get a castle ,a gd and eventually (partly) catch up to the big guilds, more fun for the small ones and the big ones in the long run.

Edited by RealGarion, 25 October 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#55 ninjaturtle

ninjaturtle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

making less castle in woe would be the worst idea. small guilds wont be able to compete. then it will be even more boring with less people woeing. Im sorry big guilds are getting bored fighting each other because everyone jumps the band wagon, but im sure small guilds are having fun the way it is.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

[Poring]

If they split WoE in to 2 days per week you're just cutting down the number of people who will attend each WoE and trivializing it further.

As for reducing the castles, that won't make any difference. You can have 20 castles or 5 and all the action will still be in one or two.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 October 2017 - 11:05 AM.
Mod edit: Removed response to hidden content.

#57 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

i think i said it before, but wouldnt it be viable to put a 1k zenny fee per sent mail?

you could balance it by making it that when you add stuff in the mail, this 1k gets refounded as a discount from the mail itself.

i know that bots love to spam, but i doubt they are willing to spend more than 3m/day spamming mails, when they sell that merchandise (also risk losing the money when they ban the spammer)

#58 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

[Poring]

If they split WoE in to 2 days per week you're just cutting down the number of people who will attend each WoE and trivializing it further.

As for reducing the castles, that won't make any difference. You can have 20 castles or 5 and all the action will still be in one or two.

^ yeap ...pretty much this

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 October 2017 - 11:06 AM.
Edited in quote

#59 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

i think i said it before, but wouldnt it be viable to put a 1k zenny fee per sent mail?

you could balance it by making it that when you add stuff in the mail, this 1k gets refounded as a discount from the mail itself.

i know that bots love to spam, but i doubt they are willing to spend more than 3m/day spamming mails, when they sell that merchandise (also risk losing the money when they ban the spammer)

+1

there are 100 solutions for these problems........its so [-_-] izi -.-

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 October 2017 - 11:08 AM.
Mod Edit: Do not attempt to bypass word filter.

#60 6332130511074022587

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Have two Woes please. The result of having one woe per week and some people like me cannot enjoy WOE. The play hours I have every single day  only involves farming, and getting rich. How sad. Other options are: quit or (warning: exaggeration) buy a new car using the zenies and account's full of cash items.

#61 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

A sunday battle grounds event would be good. 2 hours the KVM map opens up on a sunday and you get some rewards for winning rounds could do it like 9am pst then another 2hours at 2pm pst then like 7pm pst so everyone gets a chance.

#62 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

Combating RODex spam isn't part of maintenance. So far we have deleted around 17,000 Rodex gold seller spam messages,  We also have been updating the filter for ROdex so that whatever version of the message they are sending will no longer go out. Which has prevented a unknown number of them going out. It looks like they are trying to change their tactics from spamming all the time to spamming only in the early mornings. Whenever we update the filter it takes them 1-2 days to adjust before they can spam again. The more we force them to adjust the more their messages have to start looking like gibberish.

Traditionally game mail spam fights last a week or two but because we can delete all the mails and prevent new mails from going out they eventually stop.

Thanks for answering. But there are so many options to prevent bots from using spams.

Disable PMs for Novice

ADD a FEE for TextRodex

Shouldnt these simple machanics stop spamming for all times?

Edited by hansibaer, 25 October 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#63 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

A sunday battle grounds event would be good. 2 hours the KVM map opens up on a sunday and you get some rewards for winning rounds could do it like 9am pst then another 2hours at 2pm pst then like 7pm pst so everyone gets a chance.

Something like that sounds good. There were so many pvp events you could do regularly. PVP Arena with rewards, Headhunter Event, and as told... battle grounds. That would be a perfect solution imo. Fun, Challenging and dont influencing WoE!
The rewards should be motivating. if the studio could make sth like that it would be embarassing.

#64 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

I think number of castles is only reduced if woe population drops below 5 players.

#65 Wolfang62

Wolfang62

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Federal District
  • Server:Re:Start (Odin)

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Updates

• Disabling Deluge in WoE
  • Guild Dungeons (1,3,4) Receive a spawn increase
  • Am Mut's Acid Terror Level is reduced.

Why deluge... Why?

about the gds and am muts, ty!

#66 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

One of the 'catch' images the hunting team shared with us yesterday

8sbjtev.png

The hunt continues.

This is great!
A screenshot like this is encouraging to us, you guys should also reveal their names so we can build a Hall of Shame :D

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

I think number of castles is only reduced if woe population drops below 5 players.

Classic can confirm this as true

#68 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

+1

GM's should open this up for discussion! Lots of variables to choose.

#69 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

^ still like that one

+1

GM's should open this up for discussion! Lots of variables to choose.

You know you have a guy of wisdom with you 

#70 hamza1448

hamza1448

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

this isnt Inro Server.. There is need for all realms open or else the guild dies who start new. We would be getting WOE 2.0 thing after remaining 2-2 chars are here

#71 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

this isnt Inro Server.. There is need for all realms open or else the guild dies who start new. We would be getting WOE 2.0 thing after remaining 2-2 chars are here

The current balance of total woe guilds and 20 castles is completely uneven. As of now, literally every guild with 5 players online can go break an emp and keep a castle with no fight needed.

It's called "War" of Emperium. Spending 110 minutes looking for like half a fight, regardless of your guild size, then running back to an empty castle in the last 5mins, is quite dull. That's how you kill competition and fewer people will show up for woe over time. Other servers with 10k real player populations can have 4 realms and a healthy woe scene, but it would do Odin good to stop pretending like we have half as many real people WoEing to achieve anything close to that active a scene across 4 realms.

I don't know what any of that has to do with inRO

#72 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Some people but not most people.

I guess not a lot of people are complaining about it then. Unless you have access to information I'm not aware of.

#73 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

I had a blast last WoE.   Was far from boring.   

#74 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Agree'd

#75 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

What is it with people suggesting p.server mechanics ideas so much? Reducing the castle number? Really...

+1 for a second day for woe, it wasnt a bigdeal on older server for years, and i cant see why people who can woe on saturday would stop to do so if there is a second woe on a week day.

But i guess, that in this subject the gms would listen only to the big guild leaders to not damage their guild economies, participation, attendance and to prevent possible boicots.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users