October 25th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 5 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 25th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

121 replies to this topic

#101 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Just testet payon dungeon and it is still unplayable with Am Muts acid Terror

@camp i sended you a message with more details about the matter.

#102 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Can we pleaseee get costumes turned back on for WoE. Srsly we all ugly af... Plus most people paid money so they didn't have to look at their ugly masquerades and poo poo hats :sob:

People using Maya Purple hacks would completely agree with you. WoE is WoE no one gives a **** what you look like, they just want you dead.

#103 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Since we can’t comment on the new current events and updates thread I will say it here. Love the new thread, it is good to have a single place to find info.

Also is there any confirmation if Alchemists will get homunculus as soon as they (alchemists) are available?

Edited by Coderie, 26 October 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#104 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Just testet payon dungeon and it is still unplayable with Am Muts acid Terror

@camp i sended you a message with more details about the matter.

That's really disappointing. That skill doesn't belong here.

#105 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

I was able to do it comfortably with a Hell.

I'm really hoping every single time a new dungeon is released we aren't going to see demands to nerf the damage of everything until it can be done in your sleep.

Edited by Hrishi, 26 October 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#106 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

I'm really hoping every single time a new dungeon is released we aren't going to see demands to nerf the damage of everything until it can be done in your sleep.

Because it was nothing like that in pre-re? It's just not appropriate for the gear and classes we have. Not all classes can get away with using a racial either. You also didn't state what class you were using and define 'comfortably'.

#107 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

Because it was nothing like that in pre-re? It's just not appropriate for the gear and classes we have. Not all classes can get away with using a racial either. You also didn't state what class you were using and define 'comfortably'.

Well yes, but sadly this isn't a pre-re server. If it was trying to be, I'd agree with you. But it's not. So I don't agree with asking for nerfs on anything considered difficult until everything becomes a snoozefest.

I was there on my ME Priest and on my Knight. People are already getting over 20m/hr there. Why does it need to be any easier?

Edited by Hrishi, 26 October 2017 - 11:34 PM.

#108 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Since we can’t comment on the new current events and updates thread I will say it here. Love the new thread, it is good to have a single place to find info.

Also is there any confirmation if Alchemists will get homunculus as soon as they (alchemists) are available?

Agreed, loving the new thread! It's gonna make it really easy for new players to find out what's happening :D

I'm also curious about homunculus.

#109 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

Well yes, but sadly this isn't a pre-re server. If it was trying to be, I'd agree with you. But it's not. So I don't agree with asking for nerfs on anything considered difficult until everything becomes a snoozefest.

I was there on my ME Priest and on my Knight. People are already getting over 20m/hr there. Why does it need to be any easier?

This server doesn't know what it is. Thats part of the problem. It's a renewal server with pre-trans gear. 

Unfortunately I only have your word as I don't have access to Payon guild dungeon. Not looking for things to be easy, but I don't really see the need for it to be a potfest either. I mean Luina peaks at 40mil per hour with skeleton general boots and there is nothing that hurts like am mut down there.

#110 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:38 AM

Who are people? I guess you mean more than one so i am curios.

What was your ME build?

What was your knight build?

What did you use equip wise?

No one said that a GD should be an level area for squishy lv 70 Characters, but if a decent amount of vit (45+) (pure flee characters are already completly locked out since AD ignores it) and good gear( 2x alligator & horn card) on a lv 90+ character ... and any character for that matter isnt able to survive a single Mob on a ranged skill, that spawns in masses, this might need to be tackled again.

See the point is not that a GD isnt easy enough ... the point is that is at least playable and compareable to other GDs and even that doesnt mean it has to be the 1st top GD level wise, no one asked for that, just make it in general useful for a decent party play.

#111 Synnyter

Synnyter

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

the quest NPC is giving unknown items  :wah:

#112 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

Agreed, loving the new thread! It's gonna make it really easy for new players to find out what's happening :D

I'm also curious about homunculus.

Homunculus require lhz to even do the quest.

#113 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

You're right; I completely forgot about that, lol.

I guess that answers that question.

#114 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

the quest NPC is giving unknown items  :wah:

This is the black mane for the Skellion cute armor, it can be equipped with no issues, it's just missing the item description

#115 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Exactly, all the gds seem pretty good now better than non-gd maps. Not every GD has to be equal in difficulty and exp. If it goes alde>geffen>payon>pront>everything else. That is good it's just when high orcs or castle 2 is better in terms of exp than a GD that's dumb. If you want a better GD get a fort in a better realm, it's a reward for WoE afterall. 

Leave them as they are now they all are very usable now.

#116 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Acid Terror is special because you can't really reduce it and the damage was way out of line (one shotting a 95 vit priest with priest set + immune for example)

However, magic and monster skill damage in general is way out of whack and will probably need addressed in new dungeons anyway.

At the moment the buffed guild dungeons seem fine from what I hear except for Pront which might need some more tweaking, that and Alde should probably go down a peg.

Edited by Blueness, 27 October 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#117 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Spawn rate in Payon seems quite fine never adressed that issue actually, it works out well, the only point i am having is am mut with Acid Terror, this goes with the single one in payon 5 aswell ,even with full (avaible) reduction equip you can barely survive this, its just an unreasonable skill to have atm in the game,thats basicly all, beside that you wont hear  me complain about payon needing another spawnrate buff, it is pretty much ok to be the 3rd or even 4th in line when it comes to gd... beeing...way out of line compared to normal level maps however, thats a different matter... have to agree with bazzz here.

Well who knows how long i could enjoy it anyway next woe is around the corner ... so please adress am mut once more ....asking for a friend XD

on a sidenot : camp already wrote me back that he will look into it ... soo lay back chill and drink tea.

Edited by RealGarion, 27 October 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#118 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Ah yeah... oh well, something to look forward to I guess :)

#119 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

I would leave all the gds as is tbh from testing they all offer some unique benefits right now. 

If you only have access to one then you can't really compare them. They are all close when using an optimal party for the current meta. Remember with bard and dancer comes exp songs and the optimal leveling may change just from that so best to at least wait for that. Pront may be better as a place for mobbing into SG/exp song than other maps where right now knight killing is king. So pront could be the best option for guilds who want to do lower level parties. And payon may be the realm of super tanky knights and priests ect which is fine too. Alde and geffen could be better or worse with different types of parties we'll see next month.

These are the end-game dungeons right now they are not meant to be completely newbie friendly.

Edited by Bazzz, 29 October 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#120 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Reducing alde spawns is not a good idea. Makes those castles mean less.

I mean it doesn't bother me as my guild doesn't have one so have at it.

#121 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

I would leave all the gds as is tbh from testing they all offer some unique benefits right now. 

If you only have access to one then you can't really compare them. They are all close when using an optimal party for the current meta. Remember with bard and dancer comes exp songs and the optimal leveling may change just from that so best to at least wait for that. Pront may be better as a place for mobbing into SG/exp song than other maps where right now knight killing is king. So pront could be the best option for guilds who want to do lower level parties. And payon may be the realm of super tanky knights and priests ect which is fine too. Alde and geffen could be better or worse with different types of parties we'll see next month.

These are the end-game dungeons right now they are not meant to be completely newbie friendly.

I can actually attest to that.  We did a 6x party in pront GD and pulled 20m/h.  Pretty smooth, and relatively cheap to fund with the cat and an earth deleter on the knights.

#122 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

its really literally just about acid terror from am mut... ,beside that payon gd is pretty good, but if you want to go on the gd discussion ,you really think that knights need another high value OCA drop map? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users