Sacrifice Crusader Skill Build - Swordsman Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sacrifice Crusader Skill Build

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:37 AM

Hi guys, seeing how crusader release is right around the corner I think its time to start thinking about how should I build it.

I want to make a sacrifice crusader to protect my wiz and for general party use, maybe some WoE too, however I still want him to be useful on his own.

In order to get sacrifice you need to put points in both grand cross and shield skills so it seems natural to choose one of this builds to make an hybrid, which one do you think is best? Would grand cross allow me to mob reliably or will I be forced to level by tanking for parties?

Also, another question, does 1h sword mastery increase GC or shield boomerang damage? Not sure if I should get it as a swordie.

#2 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Whoops, sorry, i was talking about Grand Cross Crusader and didnt read about Sacrifice xD

Devotion Crusaders are really hard to level solo and usually do have to rely on parties

Edited by TamarisART, 02 November 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#3 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

:o? what were you going to say?

I'm completely new to this class (the entire swordie class lol) so any advice helps haha.

BTW just for reference, I was thinking about getting more or less 80str/50dex/90vit, the rest going to int if GC or agi if shield build.

#4 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

You cannot maxout the full potential of Sacrifice + going for Grand Cross.

Sacrifice transfers all of the Shield buffs, so the focus is on maxing them 

#5 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:31 AM

You cannot maxout the full potential of Sacrifice + going for Grand Cross.

Sacrifice transfers all of the Shield buffs, so the focus is on maxing them 

There aren't enough points to max them though. Also, maxing guard seems lackluster considering that going from 1 to 6 gives you 24% chance to block and then the remaining 4 points give you only 6% extra for a total of 30%.

If I were to max shield skills, I think I would probably go with something like this:
http://irowiki.org/~...ml?103cIkKuF5cL

Note that you can also max out GC by leaving guard at 7 and shield reflect at 5, like this:

http://irowiki.org/~...ml?103cHkFwf5cL

You can even max out both smite and shield boomerang instead at the cost of lowering shield reflect to 6.

#6 Artegas

Artegas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

There aren't enough points to max them though. Also, maxing guard seems lackluster considering that going from 1 to 6 gives you 24% chance to block and then the remaining 4 points give you only 6% extra for a total of 30%.

If I were to max shield skills, I think I would probably go with something like this:
http://irowiki.org/~...ml?103cIkKuF5cL

Note that you can also max out GC by leaving guard at 7 and shield reflect at 5, like this:

http://irowiki.org/~...ml?103cHkFwf5cL

You can even max out both smite and shield boomerang instead at the cost of lowering shield reflect to 6.

Indeed. regarding the second build GC/sac is definitely viable. even the official renewal has a similar skill build. I'm going to try this aswell.

I have a few questions on my own build.

Would this stat build work for the second build you provided?

STR:   52    (since atk also provides gc dmg)

AGI:    1 

VIT:     70   (would this be enough vit when getting sac?)

INT:     90   (main dmg source for GC+regen. should i lower this a bit?)

DEX:   50   (faster cast time) does HC requires hit?

Edited by Artegas, 02 November 2017 - 12:36 PM.

#7 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

I guess it would work haha, I put more str than int though because it provides more damage to GC from what I've read. Considering GC is a spell, it should always hit (except when your target is immune to holy) so dex is only for cast time and an easier time leveling before GC haha.

I'm still wondering about Sword Mastery, the swordsman skill. Does it increase GC's damage or does it only work with ctrlclick?

#8 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

the big issue with a Devotion/GC build is the stat differences.

Devotion requires 80-99 Vit

GC requires 40-50 Vit

The reasoning here is that GC has two self damage dealing stages, a set % that can't be altered or changed (I want to say 20) and then another bout of damage that can be scaled back with Holy resistance.

I will admit I am taking a personal risk as I am going a Devotion/GC Sader, my end stats are going to be; Str 45, Vit 89, Int 90, and Dex 23 (the Dex is useful for when I have to actually use my weapon)

#9 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

the big issue with a Devotion/GC build is the stat differences.

Devotion requires 80-99 Vit

GC requires 40-50 Vit

The reasoning here is that GC has two self damage dealing stages, a set % that can't be altered or changed (I want to say 20) and then another bout of damage that can be scaled back with Holy resistance.

I will admit I am taking a personal risk as I am going a Devotion/GC Sader, my end stats are going to be; Str 45, Vit 89, Int 90, and Dex 23 (the Dex is useful for when I have to actually use my weapon)

I don't know if I get what you're saying.

Having more vit means more HP and the 20% cost will be higher, that's correct. But its still better to have high vit because the remaining hp after the cost will still be higher. An extreme example, if you had 100 max HP vs 10k max hp, after one cast of grand cross you will be left with 80 hp in the first case and 8k in the second. Sure, with 100 max hp it will cost only 20, but the absolute HP value you're at is still lower than the 8k you end with in the 10k hp case, even though the cost is 100 times bigger.

Also, isn't str better for increasing GC's damage? just did a quick calc on irowiki's stat calc and 80 str 40 int should hit harder than 40 str 80 int considering a flamberge +7 and max job lv (ATK+MATK = 608 vs 558)

#10 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

1) You are forgetting that secondary damage on GC.

While that 20% of current HP can be calculated, the secondary damage can't. With the stats I listed, casting GC at full health, I lose nearly 3k of my HP and that doesn't include the secondary damage. I can viably cast it around 2 times during a fight before my health would drop too much and I risk getting killed by mobs. (Since I also plan to run Defending Aura to stack with Devotion)

2) I don't really use irowiki unless I can't find the info anywhere else.

It is a wiki, therefor anyone can alter the information (so I can't be sure it is 100% accurate). Also I have no idea if the information listed there is factored into Classic RO or Renewal RO.

#11 naruto1989

naruto1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

Me in sacre crusader I think the best build is 99 Vit and dex the rest in str

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users