Wolfen List [Part I]: Warg Issues and New Class Ideas - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Wolfen List [Part I]: Warg Issues and New Class Ideas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CarlosWolf

CarlosWolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

After an issue with the Warg not being removable(which I'll be submitting a ticket), I decided to look at the knowledge base, and found this area for suggestions, so I decided to make a series of lists of my personal ideas and submit for peer critic, and hopefully inspiring the development team.

This first list has an idea for the issue that led me here, and a slightly related topic.

1) I can think of 3 ways to solve the issue of being stuck with(not on) the Warg after respec: 

* Make it have a long but limited Duration;

* Make the Warg be dismissed when you don't have the skill; or

* Have the Falcon Breeder give the option of dismissing the Warg, instead of outright refusing you.

* (Would also be nice to have a Quest Skill to use Warg and Falcon at the same time and independently)

2) I think that there are other class concepts that could be explored, derived from the 6 basic classes, and would like other people's input, feedback and ideas to help consolidate them into something that could be used by the development team: The 2-3, 2-3T and 3-3 Classses! (Described below)

2-3 Classes:

* For the Swordsman

-> Barbarian: Focused on various Self-Buffs and optional effects for Swordsman active skills; or

-> Sword Master: Passive Skills that apply part of MAtk to melee attacks of each weapon type, MAtk and Atk self-buffs, and Elemental Conversion skills

* For the Archer

-> Spirit Bowman: Self-Buff for Elemental MAtk to be added along with strikes, and active skills related to magically manipulating the arrow(like specific shots that don't require line of sight, one for outside and one for inside, for example); or

-> Trick Shooter: Self-Buffs to not need line of sight, at the cost of range(Ricochet inside and Arched Shot inside), and small sniping shots(foot pinning, arm shot, scare shot) that apply debuffs

* For the Thief

-> Shadow Dancer: Shadow Form(hiding skill that lets you recover HP but not SP, and changes your element to Shadow), Shadow Bolt(Bolt skill that deals Shadow damage, with a sprite of spikes coming out of the target's shadow), Endow Shadow(apply Shadow property to attacks), and Shadow Step(Blink-type skill for overcoming obstacles, doesn't break SF, unusable at WoE)

* For the Acolyte/Mage

-> Cultist: Uses Shadow and Ghost property magic, and has Curse, Decrease Agility and Harm(version of Heal that Heals Undead and Harms anything else); or

-> Runemancer: uses Runes(pseudo-self-buffs used to define spells on release). Elemental Runes define damage property, Form Runes define spell form(Single/Endow, Splash, Area or Debuff/buff) and Release Runes define form of delivery(Target, Ground or Self).

* For the Merchant

-> Artisan: Makes Accessories, Armors, Instruments, Whips, Bows and Guns. Has Hit and Crit buffs and Binding and Bleeding skills; or

-> Engineer: Makes Structures on the battlefield at the cost of Materials(Barricades, Walls, Ladders, Towers and Rams), which have specific uses and limited Durability(much like Ice Wall), disassembles them, and makes one or two traps that get EXP for him/her.

2-3T Classes:

* For the Swordsman

-> Berserker: Also gets High damage skills that either cost HP or apply an Exhaustion debuff; or

-> Sword Saint: Gets specific, non-cumulative stances for: +ASpd/Double/Triple Attack, Crit Rate, Higher MAtk percent or Increased Atk.

* For the Archer

-> Arcane Archer: gets moderate AoE shots, gets the Holy, Shadow and Ghost property for the Self-Buffs, and Counter and Detonator Arrows(the first applies stacks of a debuff up to skill level, and the second detonates them for a level-dependant amount of damage each); or

-> Acrobat: Obstacle-jumping skill, Jumping Shots(temporary immunity to melee + position change) and more trick shots: Severing Shot(chance of Bleed) and Tripping Shot(chance of Stun and Silence).

* For the Thief

-> Dark Dweller: Vampiric Form(buff that changes property to undead and adds a high chance of low HP leech), Shadow Bind(Immobilizes target) and Dark Maw(leeches a percentage of the damage, deals extra damage and leeches a higher percent if target is under Shadow Bind);

* For the Acolyte/Mage

-> Dark Priest: gets Ghost Summoning skills and Ghost Touch, that costs caster's HP, deals Ghost Damage and restores a percent of Damage to SP; or

-> Spell Scribe: can make Rune consumables of the base class, has a Passive for higher Rune Limit, and coordination skills to use with Runed teammates;

* For the Merchant

-> Artificier: can make consumable throwing weapons(like scrolls of throwing skills that use STR for damage); or

-> Siege Engineer: can "Buff" allies with the form of a Siege Engine like a Siege tower or Siege Ram. Siege Engines give cover against ranged attacks to allies within a certain area by taking damage in their stead, and can accomplish certain functions when deployed(Siege Tower works like a Ladder, Siege Ram works like a Ram);

3-3 Classes:

* For the Swordsman

-> Warchief: Gets Full Party Buffs, Single-Target Brutalizing skills(deal heavy damage, debuffs to the target and debuffs in an area), and Wide Area heavy strikes with recoil debuffs; or

-> Sword Prodigy: has Evasion Enhancing buffs, lasting block-chance skills, a splash damage Flurry attack and an Area Slash with a slight immobilization after cast debuff;

* For the Archer

-> Bow Master: has a branch related to Powerful Shooting(wind pressure and shockwaves), a branch for Skillfull Sniping(Heavy Single target damage and debuffs), and one for Magic Bow(chain skills that benefit from the debuffs applied by the other skills in the branch); or

-> Trickster: can Prowl(increases Crit Rate up to 50% at the cost of all Flee), has a Pinpoint Needle shot for sneak attacks(extremely high Critical Multiplier), Heavy Shot, that deals heavy single target damage or knocks back if blocked, and Ricochet Bolt(Single shot that works similarly to Chain Lightning, but with bonus damage the closer the targets are to each other);

* For the Thief

-> Abyss Walker: Has a Combat Branch with speed-related attacks for heavy damage, a Sneak Branch with attacks with high Crit Multiplier, and a Dark Magic Branch for Debuffs and Opportunist skills that use those debuffs;

* For the Acolyte/Mage

-> Necromancer: can summon Undead and use bones to attack, or use debuff combos; or

-> Seer(or Gothi): Has more powerful Elemental Runes(so that they can deal more damage with the same amount of runes), Converging(advanced version of Single) and World(Screen Area) Runes, and Mark and Chaser runes(so the target can be hit anywhere in the map, or at least a little further than screen);

* For the Merchant

-> (under consideration)

#2 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

Interesting but this is not private server where you can create any job you want. Submit your proposal to KRo not iRo

#3 CarlosWolf

CarlosWolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Well, since I don't speak Korean(at least yet), I thought it would be more reliable to:

1) Get feedback from other English speaking players;

2) Make these ideas available to the CMs and Dev team; and

3) Hope that they have enough support and/or innovation to warrant being passed onto the korean developers.

If that is not the appropriate means, and suggestions in English are actually accepted in kRO Forums, I'll give that a try, then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users