2017 Fall Daylight Savings Maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Fall Daylight Savings Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#76 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Well the discussions from 2014 and 2015 had more backlash because you had more guilds participating wich were against such a timechange, for instance

Contra: Smokies, Clandestine, Synergia, Step Aside, Animosity etc 

Pro to the idea were more that time, Redemption, Muramasa / +13 Ice Pick, 3stars & a Sun, 

Now in 2016 it should have been the tipping point on where the GM team should have listened to where we all tryed oure best to convince, to this idea.

Campitor suggested a Poll in wich nothing changed.

Pro: Redemption, Ambrosia

Contra: Animosity, Filirs

Neutral: KK

Quit: Synergia, Clandestine, Smokies

As we have alleaready 2017 in wich the whole discussion continues again with no change or regards, perhaps we will be offered a Poll ensuring somethings done but endly i fear the same outcome as last year.

Pro: Redemption, Ambrosia, Pantsu

Contra: Animosity

Quit: Filirs, 

Random Guilds wich came and went arent mentioned out of obvious reasons wich were at the time too many to count, in wich nowadays are not even a handful

Predicition towords 2018 will be more likly 2-3 Guilds left in this WoE in wich we will still have the same discussion because GM's do not want to take this extra mile even tho perhaps, 90% of the participants would agree to change.

Inb4 WoE 2018  :rice:

Pro: Ambrosia

Contra: Animosity

Quit: Redemption, Pantsu

#77 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

I will go more in depth tomorrow. But from what I can see the traffic bump mostly shifted to earlier in day than it was pre DST maintenance. Which would indicate a need to shift the time.

I dont even TE, but you have proven consistently to be out of touch with the community.

People tells you to dont do something and provide facts. They elaborate over years of suggestions.

I wish you well but you really need to start reading, listening and acting in the best interest of your players.

#78 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

Nah they are just busy taking the money they earned from OCP/Costumes on Renewal to fund RE:Start. Two new classes are out on there they are busy with them, cbf giving a -_- about Renewal. 

#79 xTSL

xTSL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

What is wrong with waking up at earlier in the morning to woe? Players in Asia have to do it to join woe 2 and it's the only woe they can join beside woe te.

Oh and 8 am isn't really that early lol. Before DST, those living in +8 GMT had to wake up at least by 7am if you wanna join woe 2 for two hours, and by 8am if you're only joining the 2nd half (this does not include prepping time or whatsoever, assuming you prepped before you sleep the night before).

#80 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

Last year we're not doin te for more than 1 months. We did the polling also, And got nothin.

If with only 1 week this year camp decide to change the time, i will be very surprise. In a good way..

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

My apologies although I have been trying to help users as much as I could all week I was stuck sick at home and didn't have access to all of our tools. I was recovered enough to come in today.

Based on the user trends shown then week compared to user trends during the summer period we have decided that on 11/19 WoE TE will shift to a new start time of the following.

WoE TE: Sunday 8:00am PST, (GMT - 8), 11:00pm Jakarta

Reasons:

We tracked the user activity levels for the morning on both sundays and in general. After the DST maintenance the user activity shifted one hour earlier in our local day. Due to this it indicates that the player base most likely to participate in WoE TE was not located in area that underwent a DST time change. Our intention is that this is the new WoE time and it will follow DST changes from here on out unless there is a large demographic shift in the server or we reevaluate all WoE times.

#82 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

So back to our old lovely TE time? Thank you Camp and take care of your health!

#83 ramenkari

ramenkari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

thank you camp..

#84 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for this Campitor and this really is a step in the right direction. Glad you are listening to the player base. 

#85 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

thank you camp

get well soon

#86 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Thank you Campitor! Get well soon

#87 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Thank you camp. Appreciated your effort.

#88 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

so this affects the reset of 24 hr instances from asian country by 4pm>> making it 3pm?

#89 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Finally, Thank you ^_^

#90 Stephanie

Stephanie