powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:17 AM

either stasis or comet for a release type

https://www.divine-p...seraphim-robe-1

should be 6750% core dmg with devil shoes on

irony is, first to be be sneak peaked. where you at now?

comet? still worth it nowadays?

#2 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

this is sad

no one gives a damn about this skill anymore

can't blame it , if ur server is already bloated with tao armors already

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

It's complete crap for PVM. Don't know about WoE though.

#4 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:28 AM

It has nothing to do with Tao Armor lol, this skill is just hardly useful in general, unless you are paired with multiple warlocks and all warlocks are spamming Comet. With such long cast time, huge cooldown time, high SP cost and 2 x Red Gemstone requirements, you'd expect this skill to at least be able to one shot mobs, turned out it was far from this purpose. I used to foolishly believe that Comet could one shot Shadow 4 mobs in OGH(AK and BK), and turned out it aint even reliable 2 shots.

Perhaps it will be drastically improved after the class-improvement project from kRO, but it will take years for us to get it anyway. I think I am done with Comet, will reset my skill tree and use lv.5 Drain Life instead. It deals a bit less damage and is single target, but at least it has low SP cost and is far more spammable, not even counting on the HP leech effect. 

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 06 November 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#5 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

The thing with Comet is the high sp and gems consumption for each cast, and truth is that the dmg is not even that high, right now im using comet on my lowbie WL on high TI and it does fairly good one shoting monsters with less than 100k hp, but so it does crimson Rock (with the potential on actually do more dmg) being more spamable and less harsh in terms of cost. Comet on PVM also needs to be released wich is ok, you anyway has to sacrifice one elemental branch to get full use of comet on a pvm WL, if you really are crazy about that particular skill i think earth branch is the one i use less so you can accomodate comet there.

On WoE (even if it wasnt kind of dead) comet is really bad because is a neutral skill, wich means that can be highly reduced by GR card and mdef paired with reductions do no good to WLs tbh and is also kind of difficult to chain spam comet differently to chain lightning or SE...(Actually i dont remember seeing anyone chaining comet since...long time ago).

If you aim on pvm and like yggdrasil said or Kusa would reccomend etc, Drain Life is much more useful than comet, i would only suggest comet if you have a spare WL...buuuuut, people said the same about drain life, and i wont really care and start using drain life all the time, and look, now people found that is really useful on pvm and use it aswell, so, as far as gears and present meta, no one has found a good use for comet (even tho its dmg has scale a lot with new matk gears) but you can experiment and maybe find a really nice use :), so have fun

#6 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hmmm...

Edited by Mulder1, 06 November 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

The thing with Comet is the high sp and gems consumption for each cast, and truth is that the dmg is not even that high, right now im using comet on my lowbie WL on high TI and it does fairly good one shoting monsters with less than 100k hp, but so it does crimson Rock (with the potential on actually do more dmg) being more spamable and less harsh in terms of cost. Comet on PVM also needs to be released wich is ok, you anyway has to sacrifice one elemental branch to get full use of comet on a pvm WL, if you really are crazy about that particular skill i think earth branch is the one i use less so you can accomodate comet there.

On WoE (even if it wasnt kind of dead) comet is really bad because is a neutral skill, wich means that can be highly reduced by GR card and mdef paired with reductions do no good to WLs tbh and is also kind of difficult to chain spam comet differently to chain lightning or SE...(Actually i dont remember seeing anyone chaining comet since...long time ago).

If you aim on pvm and like yggdrasil said or Kusa would reccomend etc, Drain Life is much more useful than comet, i would only suggest comet if you have a spare WL...buuuuut, people said the same about drain life, and i wont really care and start using drain life all the time, and look, now people found that is really useful on pvm and use it aswell, so, as far as gears and present meta, no one has found a good use for comet (even tho its dmg has scale a lot with new matk gears) but you can experiment and maybe find a really nice use :), so have fun

Yeah but nobody gave a rats arse about DL till a few of us that used lvl 5 right out pointed that someones info is wrong about the heal, it heals tons!!

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yeah but nobody gave a rats arse about DL till a few of us that used lvl 5 right out pointed that someones info is wrong about the heal, it heals tons!!

There are quite a few skills with incorrect descriptions.

#9 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

there's a jRO gear set for comet

something about kardui(ear, robe) and laphine(shield, staff?)

maybe that can help? not as strong as mob / flattery / crimson rod though >.<

i used comet 1 before on low ti, it was fun but to be able to spam it i needed tons of support(gk, strings, maybe soul exhale/epic tree even)

#10 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

Is it useful to clean up Shadow4 , Holy mobs in ET at some higher floor ?  

my WL mostly go ET with guild mates every weeks     

ES is rarely to use ,  mostly spam JF 

and I can't one shot some Shadow4 , Holy3  mobs  if I don't freeze them first. then CR 

should I pick Comet for releasing and kill them instantly ?

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 07 November 2017 - 02:42 AM.

#11 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

Is it useful to clean up Shadow4 , Holy mobs in ET at some higher floor ?  

my WL mostly go ET with guild mates every weeks     

ES is rarely to use ,  mostly spam JF 

and I can't one shot some Shadow4 , Holy3  mobs  if I don't freeze them first. then CR 

should I pick Comet for releasing and kill them instantly ?

Not really.

JF -> CR/CL/SE is what I use on most floors, if the mobs don't freeze then I just CL/CR them because I don't want to mob too many things on the higher floors anyways.

If you party with others then even less need to use Comet, as you can just let others clear things and help spamming JF and/or (stringed) CL.

For Margaretas I either use Hell Inferno 3, or freeze then CL them.

Valk would be the only reason I could see for Comet.

Then again you could also just try to tank her with White Imprison or sit on the side and let a Genetic do the work. They can kill Valk so fast it's not even funny.

#12 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:32 AM

Yep , on Valk floor I always take dispel  then White Imprison myself  (Have Sura as a second tank for sure  if I died) 

let 2-3 Genes kill her in under 10 secs

#13 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:17 AM

Not really.

JF -> CR/CL/SE is what I use on most floors, if the mobs don't freeze then I just CL/CR them because I don't want to mob too many things on the higher floors anyways.

If you party with others then even less need to use Comet, as you can just let others clear things and help spamming JF and/or (stringed) CL.

For Margaretas I either use Hell Inferno 3, or freeze then CL them.

Valk would be the only reason I could see for Comet.

Then again you could also just try to tank her with White Imprison or sit on the side and let a Genetic do the work. They can kill Valk so fast it's not even funny.

Deluge boosted Waterball, JF or Water TV for valk and its minions, which is far more spammable (except TV) than comet :heh:

#14 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

unless they change formula/bringout item that GREATLY boost it, i dun think its worth skill point... unless you like the ingame effect and have way too many red gems in storage

#15 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

Well, if Red Gems are the only issue, I would've bought a Mistress Carded Sunglasses and had fun playing with Comet. The biggest problem with Comet is the lackluster damage, against high level mobs you cant one shot them with Comet despite its long cast and cooldown time. If you release 1-2 more Comet, it eats up your SP way too quickly. Maybe the class balance patch will make it better if Comet damage scales with base level, but I am not so sure about this.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 08 November 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#16 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

I think Comet is quite a balanced skill... considering it's absurd AoE and the fact that it's the sole Neutral Damage AoE spell in Warlocks' arsenal... which means, of course, that it has no means of being truly strong unless you pair up with another warlock. The spell was originally meant to be cast by two warlocks only, in a similar way that BSS requires one Priest and 2 other aco-class to be together to be performed, but they made it castable with a single Warlock, taking a lot of its power when the original cast condition was not met.

That said, it's totally not worth having unless you always have a warlock partner, in which case, it's better to have an AB or Sura partner. :P

#17 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

I want a wl partner with my time schedule :v

#18 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

umm WL partners, would be nice if someone can post a video of two WLs casting comets, so I can compare the DPS with other alternatives. I have about 3-4 WL apprentices who would want to party with me later, so perhaps we can make something out of Comet? I've been telling them to stay away from Comet though, dont want them to hate me for giving them a bad advice in future.

#19 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

The biggest improvement to be honest is that you keep the dmg consistent on the whole aoe, si if ypu do 90k on the center of the aoe, you will keep more or less the same Even on the edges.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

It also scales the damage with the level of the caster.

#21 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

ARE WE HAVING WL PARTY? DO WE GET TO SWING OUR 'WANDS" TOGETHER?

Edited by Bohem, 09 November 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Well my WL still has Comet at this moment, if yours has it too we can try partnered Comet and see how much DPS we can get out of it.
:)

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hang on i tbought the partnered damage is less. Unless partnered damage on the irowiki is a bonus oj top of the standalone damage?

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

its roughly 8% stronger, and the damage is consistent in the entire AoE

#25 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

For comet partnered damage. You just need 1 WL in party and s/he doesn't need to learn Comet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users