• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ExDayvan

ExDayvan

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Obviously have small def and HP. Just never played one. How hard to level alone? Is there a certain level where it is essential to party to level?

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

As with any other class: how well you can solo depends on your gears.

As soon as you can oneshot orcs with Fireball you can go to Orc Village and level there - remember to take the Orc bounties in Geffen at 41+! Going all base on the bounties Orc Village is good till 70.

Once you hit lvl 70 you can try Harpies. They have a bounty board in Yuno and die pretty easily to Heaven's Drive. You might want a Kalitzburg Carded shield to reduce damage from them though. Oh and something with Phen effect is a must have.

This is what grinding at Harpies can look like, the gear used in the video is a bit overkill though:

About the gears:
Faw is just there for the Spell enchants as well as 15% neutral reduction from the card, you can use any Raydric garment for more reduce

Leaf Cat Hat is just there for the exp boost, it also happens to proc autoheals that can actually cause trouble if you have too many Harpies on you

New Wave - I had done low TI earlier and still had them on from doing SG, just use whatever

Syringe - for better potion efficency, you can use whatever

enchanted criatura academy quest Cotton Shirt of Rejuvenation - more HP!

Crimson Rod - use your best MAtk weapon, this one allowed me to get away with lvl 3 Heaven's Drive

Mad Bunny - there for phen effect and reduced damage from Harpies, as I said above you can just use a Khalitzburg carded random shield instead

Exorcist Shoes - they boost exp, use whatever you have

Accessories: again just use whatever you have that - Teleport, Phen or anything that boosts your damage is nice

#3 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Do you have phen and money for pots? If you have no money for phen you cant effectively tank mobs solo and killing 1 by 1 meaning better off in a party.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

you can do it without phen by playing smart and kiting around, firewall (specially vertical firewall) is your best friend.

#5 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

honestly if i have no phen and eden gear only i would just pt

#6 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

dont use fireball its a small radius, use sight trasher with 70+ int you should one hit orcs around you. so walk around and one shot everything its the best place to level till 75, after that the best way would be Glast heim with firebolt or you can

do the sidewinders and mantis with lvl 1 storm to freeze everything around you and use jupiter thunder to kill one by one. Thats what i did on my 2 wizzards. You also can use safety wall to get less damage when you mobbing and then use lvl 1 storm.

the exp itself is maybe not that great and it takes more time then with other classes but if you deliver those bounty boards its good exp 75-85.

From 85+ go Low Ti , everyone needs a wizzard there. Make sure you have storm gust lvl 10 and lord of vermillion lvl 10.

If you done with Ti you go harpys or glast heim bounty board. or look for Nogg party in Yuno its the best if your 90+

Use Nepata Cataria until lvl 70 just buy 2000 and put on your hotkey. Spamm it everytime you get hit its very cheap and it costs nothing. From lvl 70 where mobs hit harder i recomment using Fresh Fish with skelion cat/dog if you have those.

If not use Aloe its costs less then white slims. If you dont that money use normal white potions but those are heavy make sure you resupply.

Not much to say here you best defense abilitys would be Firewall lvl 10 safety wall lvl 10 and storm gust lvl1 for freeze.

Dont go for high int 70-80 is anouth make sure you have high dex like 90+ and 30+ vit so your potions heal your more.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Just use fireballs.
Period.

Dont bother with fire bolt, freezing with SG or anything. Just fireball.

#8 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

As with any other class: how well you can solo depends on your gears.

I aggreed with Kubi  

Wiz  is a  really hard to solo if the player don't have a basic gears  compare to battle classes

like  Assassins , Knights , Hunters

My WL is my first character in my account  start from nothing

and I know that  it's really hard to start with 

I have only Eden gears , No Phen  in that time

(Wiz job change with Eden gears and no Phen is a really challenge  I'm so proud :D ....)

then I make Blacksmith and learn Greed    farming at Orc Dungeon 2 till I have enough money to buy  basic gears for my Wiz 

Note for beginners :  Phen card is too expensive  

I choose Bloody Butterfly card that's have uninterupt cast same as Phen but 5% slower cast than Phen

Bloody Butterfly is very cheap   about 900k-1m  while Phen is  10m+ that's 10 times expensive and not have too much difference about cast time   recommend for beginner who start as a mage class

So I can save money for other stuffs  such as Healing clip   

after have some basic gears ,   I'm grinding at Grand Pecos + Goats map  that's have bounty board  and yep , no aggressive mobs 

when Lv. 85  it's really great time to shine as a Wiz now   ,  Low TI always accept Wiz  because Wiz have a very good AOE , crowded control skills compare to other second classes

Necessary tip :   After Lv. 70+  always use HP potion (large) all the times  that's boost a lot of max HP

about   3000+ , it's possible to get 10k+ HP with some max HP gears  make you have a better survivability especially in mobby map like Low TI , Nogg , Harpy  

but now my WL is Lv.175 and have a lot of high-end decent gears  

(F.Robe / M.Glove / Mob / Celine combo / La cryma combo / +15 C.Rod NP NCT combo  etc /  NAM FAW / 2x Elviras) 

I think if I plan to make another WLs  it would be easier  now    great to solo  ,  greater when trio with AB + String :D

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 08 November 2017 - 12:42 AM.

#9 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Note for beginners :  Phen card is too expensive  

I choose Bloody Butterfly card that's have uninterupt cast same as Phen but 5% slower cast than Phen

Bloody Butterfly is very cheap   about 900k-1m  while Phen is  10m+ that's 10 times expensive and not have too much difference about cast time   recommend for beginner who start as a mage class

You can completely save the money needed to buy a Phen by simply making an Assassin.

Since Assassins have access to Hide and Grimtooth it's very easy for them to solo Overlook dungeon even with just Eden Gears + NPC Jamadhar.

Once you're done with all Overlook Bounties you can choose any card that would drop in there - pick Phen if you didn't already get one dropped.

Other pro of doing this: GX is a very good farming character, so you can use it to farm zeny for your Warlock or whatever else.

Necessary tip :   After Lv. 70+  always use HP potion (large) all the times  that's boost a lot of max HP

about   3000+ , it's possible to get 10k+ HP with some max HP gears  make you have a better survivability especially in mobby map like Low TI , Nogg , Harpy  

If you are able to spare 3m better make a Soul Linker on a second account and marry it to your WL.

Then just Kaahi your WL and level without any pot cost at all. Soul Drain combined with Crimson Rock makes sure your SP stay full.

Or if you're unwilling to spend the money to marry you can just make 2 Soul Linkers and triple-client, as linked Soul Linkers can Kaahi everyone.

Good spots to level with Kaahi: everywhere you can find a safe spot for the linkers close by like Juperos, Scarabs, the map below El Discastes (leave Linker in town), etc.

Edited by kubikyuu, 08 November 2017 - 01:07 AM.

#10 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

if you plan to become wizard, fireball then SG for grandpa and you are good to go ! 

#11 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

Well, short answer and the way i did.

When I start in iRO with no resources at all, by myself, there are three cards wich helps a lot.

Creamy Card -> Teleport

Smokie Card -> Hiding

Vitata Card -> Heal

Clips are cheap. dont need high gears to solo as mage / wizard. Just the proper strategy. Frozen the mob its the best a mage class can do. Frost Diver its a good skill as mage. Lightning Bolt, Fire Bolt and Fire Ball.

As Wizard, reach Storm Gust and try to cast fast at Lv1 and Lord of Vermilion at Lv10.

Do this quest to get energy coat

I remember I farm those cards by myself. But nowadays, try to get some zeny and buy it.

Since Jumping Janeway, this is the best Kickstart you can do. Also those quest to get good starter gears

#12 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

dont ignore Frozen on mages, its your best tool for you and your partys

This status ailment causes the following effects:

• All DEF contributed by items reduced by 50%.
  • Monsters Hard-DEF and Soft-DEF is reduced by 50% (round up).
  • Any FLEE will be negated.
  • Increases your Hard-MDEF by 25%.
  • Ignores StealLex AeternaWizard's skill - Storm GustNinja's skill - Snow Flake Draft.
  • Impossible to move, attack, pick up items, skill usage, sitting, force disconnection, and item usage.
  • Armor attribute becomes "Water 1". (175% damage from Wind based attacks, 25% damage from Water, 90% damage from Fire).

#13 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

dont use fireball its a small radius, use sight trasher with 70+ int you should one hit orcs around you. so walk around and one shot everything its the best place to level till 75, after that the best way would be Glast heim with firebolt or you can

Hmmm  

I just make another Wiz  , now as a High Wiz   with well geared

(shared +9 Celine's Ribbon , Flame FAW  , +15 TombRaider Echo C.Rod w/ NP/NCT combo shield   etc. from my main WL) 

Sighttrasher Lv. 10 is really nice to grind Orcs  and everything  until Lv. 70  then reset skill later 

when surrounded by 20+ orcs   Sighttrasher can kill all of them easily 

when SP is nearly running out  , use Fireball instead  to trigger Soul Drain   get SP back

Also not waste any potions  because  Celine's Ribbon  recover 200 HP each magic kill

mobbing and kill with Fireball is very effective ,  feel like magic version of Sky Deleter card 

(But somewhat It's not work with Sighttrasher)

Necessary skill to get as High mage - High Wiz

Fire Ball 10 

Fire wall 10

Sight , Sighttrasher 10

Soul Drain 10

at Lv. 70  I'm leveling at Stalactic Golem     one shot Sighttrasher with  Crimson Rod

they have good numbers (If you don't care about bots)  , passive 

run into large group of them  , pop sight  then Sighttrasher    I can kill 150 Golems and turn in BB in under 10 mins so easily 

I'm grinding Stalactic Golem till I have enough skill points   (as VIP , mostly turn in Job Lv. for sure that I'll reach Job Lv. 70 before Base Lv. 99)

then reset my skill  depend on mobs in Low TI  / for leveling outside TI  maybe grinding Harpies with Heaven Drive

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 16 November 2017 - 03:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users