November 8th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 12 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 8th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

294 replies to this topic

#276 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Waitwaitwait, lemme see...you bring in an op new item (bag), it is time-limited, account-bound and needs to be refined to be good. Kthxbye.

#277 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Finished the event quest. Can't see the bag because I picked a long hairstyle.  :sob:

Same problem here... :p_sad:  time for a new haircut I guess  :pif:

#278 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

The worst on this **** is that you just dropped Amistr Costume Bag. It's like you want to encourage people making a win from other peoples lack of knowledge. Same goes for Robo Eye.

Edited by LaNoirEX, 10 November 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#279 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

Just a reminder that, usually, the only posts that are made are from those who may be unhappy. Contented players generally don't take the time to post. However, I for one want to assure others that are lurking that there are those of us who don't consider the slot to be a game-changer, and are looking forward to it. I'm also speaking for those of us who play daily, but casually, and legally, and believe it or not, don't yet have a Raydric card. There are also many PVE players who don't always concern themselves with getting the top-end gear right away and for that reason, may not yet have a Raydric card. 

​Many of us may pay for one Amistr bag, but will probably spend a great deal of time trying to collect items and kills to make one every/every-other day. For an item like this that is special, it should take work and it should require a separate card in each. I have no problem accepting that I may only have one Amistr Bag in the end that is perfect for my main or one of my characters. That what 'special' equipment is.

Ray cards were 4-5mil at one time.   I'm confused on how you didn't have one? Just a question because 5mil is a very good price for them.   They will go back down over time.

#280 MetzenBoy

MetzenBoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

Can you please increase spawn for Fabre too?

Thank you 

#281 DooperPooper

DooperPooper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

This Amistr Bag is just another example of poor management.

Everyone has covered most of the issues, so I won't repeat them. But I will say this.

You just completed a refining event that promoted and encouraged the server to invest time, money(real and in-game) and effort into over-upgrading their gear. MANY of which were garments. Within a months time, you then turned around and introduced this event that completely negates the effort that your player base just put into refining their equipment by introducing a cheaper, more improved and highly attainable alternative. How did you think this was going to be received?

My group of players (All veteran iRO Chaos/Iris players) have stopped playing. Once the nostalgia wore off, we just couldn't handle the hilarious mismanagement of the server. It really seems like the staff is "shooting from the hip" on this stuff. I don't think this is a very good strategy and to be honest, it's downright alarming that a game 15 years in the making needs to enact this policy.

It's a shame, because the potential of a truly "classic" server is appealing to a lot of people. It just seems like Gravity/WarpPortal can't get out of their own way.

Edited by DooperPooper, 10 November 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#282 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

So uh... That current event and update thread is only effective if it's actually kept up to date :P

#283 Mimismerch

Mimismerch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Am I missing something? Why are people so mad about this bag? I made two of them and they don't seem too OP. ELI5?

#284 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

This Amistr Bag is just another example of poor management.

Everyone has covered most of the issues, so I won't repeat them. But I will say this.

You just completed a refining event that promoted and encouraged the server to invest time, money(real and in-game) and effort into over-upgrading their gear. MANY of which were garments. Within a months time, you then turned around and introduced this event that completely negates the effort that your player base just put into refining their equipment by introducing a cheaper, more improved and highly attainable alternative. How did you think this was going to be received?

My group of players (All veteran iRO Chaos/Iris players) have stopped playing. Once the nostalgia wore off, we just couldn't handle the hilarious mismanagement of the server. It really seems like the staff is "shooting from the hip" on this stuff. I don't think this is a very good strategy and to be honest, it's downright alarming that a game 15 years in the making needs to enact this policy.

It's a shame, because the potential of a truly "classic" server is appealing to a lot of people. It just seems like Gravity/WarpPortal can't get out of their own way.

I made a +10 mant during the upgrade event and finally sold it for about 40% profit after the amistir event and made three +8 amistir bags out of about 20 +0 amistir bags.

For most people, a +4 or +6 would be fine, which would be like a 12~24 mil investment. If you don't have 24m to spend on a garment you probably don't have enough money to afford a raydric in the first place. 

Your post is passionate but really doesn't reflect reality. You can still buy and sell garments that aren't amistir bags. The prices are a bit different now, that's it.

For example it works the other way as well. I bought a +4 frilldora muffler for 35m because someone obviously wanted to card their new frilldora in an amistir bag. For my own purposes a muffler is fine and I saved about 60m on that frilldora card. People are selling their immune mufflers for way less than raydric card prices which helps new players as well.

Edited by nelfhunter, 11 November 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#285 DooperPooper

DooperPooper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

I made a +10 mant during the upgrade event and finally sold it for about 40% profit after the amistir event and made three +8 amistir bags out of about 20 +0 amistir bags.

For most people, a +4 or +6 would be fine, which would be like a 12~24 mil investment. If you don't have 24m to spend on a garment you probably don't have enough money to afford a raydric in the first place. 

Your post is passionate but really doesn't reflect reality. You can still buy and sell garments that aren't amistir bags. The prices are a bit different now, that's it.

For example it works the other way as well. I bought a +4 frilldora muffler for 35m because someone obviously wanted to card their new frilldora in an amistir bag. For my own purposes a muffler is fine and I saved about 60m on that frilldora card. People are selling their immune mufflers for way less than raydric card prices which helps new players as well.

You're correct in saying that it works both ways. If I wanted to switch to an Immune Amistr, I could sell my +7 Immune Muffler to try and make that happen. Someone would grab that from me and their gameplay would improve. So on and so forth. (edit: Did I just promote Reaganomics? Oh God...)

The problem is that you're negating the mental aspect of the player. Will people continue to invest time and money into events when they're constantly worried that all their work will be for nothing by the next event? Sure, we're probably all going to just "suck it up" this time, but what about the next? And the next? If I'm going to spend my money, I want it to be worthwhile. If this cycle continues, it won't be.

If people get "gun shy" about the events, they're essentially useless and WP is right back to where they started. Trying to make money. Only this time they won't have events to rely on.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by DooperPooper, 11 November 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#286 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

I think it is the same in any MMORPG. The next expansion/content release always has the chance of making your previous gear irrelevant. That's a normal consequence of an MMORPG. Personally I enjoy gear progression and don't mind replacing my old stuff. Especially in Ragnarok where many of your items can be traded and sold on the market.

#287 DejaVuEtkisi

DejaVuEtkisi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

i have 2 teleport hey oooo heyoooo

#288 eleeson

eleeson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

I think it is the same in any MMORPG. The next expansion/content release always has the chance of making your previous gear irrelevant. That's a normal consequence of an MMORPG. Personally I enjoy gear progression and don't mind replacing my old stuff. Especially in Ragnarok where many of your items can be traded and sold on the market.

That would be a heavy blow to an old school game like RO. I hope they never do such shenanigans. Leave that to WoW and those standard games we love running away from when it gets extremely repetitive.

#289 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

That would be a heavy blow to an old school game like RO. I hope they never do such shenanigans. Leave that to WoW and those standard games we love running away from when it gets extremely repetitive.

But that's Renewal in a nutshell.

#290 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

I agree, the only issue is that everything shouldn't revolve around silvervine. 

#291 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hmmm I am really enjoying this event. It has been a lot of fun hunting items and doing the quests with my friends and I really like the reward and the fact that it is account bound. It means that a +10 manteau is still worth it if I want to trade it between accounts (share with my husband for example), but the amistr bag is great too. To me that feels like a choice which maybe is why some people don’t like it, I can understand that, but in terms of the fun of this event I give it 9/10 if you get the bag via the daily quest. It’s much better than the Nightmare on Prontera St event.

#292 Mimismerch

Mimismerch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

i have 2 teleport hey oooo heyoooo

Luckkyyyyyy....

I got 2 magnum break, 1 attn concentrate, 1 hide. ;(

At least I'm getting good ZZZZ from all the witch starsand I'm getting farming the stardust/magic books.

Edit: made another one. Guess what I got??? MAGNUM POOPIN BREAK AGAIN :p_err:  :p_err:  :p_err:  :p_err:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Edited by Mimismerch, 12 November 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#293 SenpaiNA

SenpaiNA

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

I'm trying to trade my Silvervine fruits to enchant the bag, but i cant? is there a bug?

#294 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:15 AM

I'm trying to trade my Silvervine fruits to enchant the bag, but i cant? is there a bug?

You can only trade silvervine boxes from one account to another , if you happen to have silvervine and cant enchant with them they are likely just not stacked you can stack them at the small white cat at the fountain

#295 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

Can you please increase spawn for Fabre too?

Thank you 

spawn rate is fine. you need to kill the creamys and pupas for the fabres to spawn.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users