Ninja nerf on woe blues/whites? - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ninja nerf on woe blues/whites?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

i'm pretty sure i've been saying since day 1 of the server that the potions were healing like if they were ranked, and not the default value '-'

#27 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

The ammount of pots used today vs prior to this patch cant even be compared. Is this how its gonna be? Might aswell remove them from the game if so.

#28 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Strawberry bots going to be making bank now.

#29 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

@Campitor You are saying there is no difference in both the live and your testing server, but they obviously have changed ingame with what feels like a 50% decrease in healing AT LEAST. Feels more like 75% decrease, but its hard to tell.

Are you telling us you didnt change anything? If so then it must be a bug implemented through the latest patch or not?

#30 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

@Campitor You are saying there is no difference in both the live and your testing server, but they obviously have changed ingame with what feels like a 50% decrease in healing AT LEAST. Feels more like 75% decrease, but its hard to tell.

Are you telling us you didnt change anything? If so then it must be a bug implemented through the latest patch or not?

The rates experienced before hand were bugged. There was no intentional fix but the game appears to have been applying a ranked potion bonus to all consumables. Once a user crafted a potion that ranked bonus went away. 

#31 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

so is this it? you wont reverted it back to how it was be4?

#32 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

i hope it stays how it is, afterall it wasnt an arbitrary change, just normal behaivior of the game (bugy if you will)

and now with the end of the woe pots, thus begins the era of ro with a zeny sink

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

so is this it? you wont reverted it back to how it was be4?

To revert to what it was before would involve deleting every alchemist on the Ranked list and removing the potion crafting skill from the game. We are considering other options for the WoE Supply Box potions specifically.

#34 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Looks like it might work out better to use the cat pet and fresh fish still, even at 100%. I believe it works out cheaper which is kinda sad.

#35 Recab

Recab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

To revert to what it was before would involve deleting every alchemist on the Ranked list and removing the potion crafting skill from the game. We are considering other options for the WoE Supply Box potions specifically.

Are you going to refund the 20k woe pots I have in my storage right now? 

Since you're changing them retroactively I would find that to be necessary for customer satisfaction.

#36 Chally

Chally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

The rates experienced before hand were bugged. There was no intentional fix but the game appears to have been applying a ranked potion bonus to all consumables. Once a user crafted a potion that ranked bonus went away. 

So the question is will the dev be putting a hotfix to put back the amount of heals before? or is it gonna stay that way? if its i think its better to remove the woe boxes to control silvervine prices so that people would start buying white pots from npc for a zeny sink and probably add just a woe blue pots on market for profit

#37 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Same, can i get a refund for the 10m in woe pots I purchased today?  Wont need them anymore.  

#38 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

cant you just change the potion values for the woe pots only?

#39 elpeasant

elpeasant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

cant you just change the potion values for the woe pots only?

Alch potting would be useless if they buffed it back up though

Edited by elpeasant, 09 November 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Were going to discuss with the studio tonight on what can be done. Changing the potion values is kind of delicate for long term effects and I don't want to go mad scientist on it without their input.

#41 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

The pumpkin hat would help a lot with the white pot side of things, but blues are still very weak compared to what they were pre-patch. I don't know how you satisfy all the people who have spent money on WoE potions.

#42 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

WOE White pots healing % nerfed + low supply of stuffs (cards, rares, mats) + high demand = overpriced items/ broken economy. New players will be discourage to continue to play = Low income for Re:start. Hopefully it will be fix asap. We're having trouble farming and leeching our alts.

#43 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Like I said this will drive alchemists to craft blues, and the witch pumpkin hat could deliver the healing needed as well as encourage farming for the masks and mvping phree, and let's not forget u can farm pumpkin pie as well for a possible sp source

Edited by Spoon, 09 November 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#44 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Maybe putting a larger amount of blue pots would work. Like the 50 Blue Pot box on th & phRO. Since we're having to consume double the amount. It was already hard to keep up with blue pot use even when being careful. My storage is full of WoE whites.

#45 trojal@gmail.com

trojal@gmail.com

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

I am of an unpopular opinion, but I think the server should keep the new healing values for WoE pots.

Perhaps GMs could implement an NPC that allows players to trade WoE boxes back into silvervine, to account for those players who have bought the boxes in bulk based on the previous healing amounts.

#46 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Like I said this will drive alchemists to craft blues, and the witch pumpkin hat could deliver the healing needed as well as encourage farming for the masks and mvping phree, and let's not forget u can farm pumpkin pie as well for a possible sp source

i dont mind the blues at it is now, is just the white pots that im concerned about. at the end of the day, RANKED slims will always be superior because of the weight. i just want the woe siege potions to heal abit higher than how it is right now. because i just bought a tonz

#47 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Because everyone have been drugged with the WOE pots, you'll never be able to live without it now. 

#48 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

At the price of silvervine your better off with fish with skellycat and strawberries anyway even without the nerf

#49 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Poetic justice :')

#50 Ashuckel