Ninja nerf on woe blues/whites? - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ninja nerf on woe blues/whites?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

#51 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

I don't like that they're been reduced all of a sudden because they were healing too much due to a bug. But at the same time I don't think they should be increased, the whole point of alchemist ranked pots was to heal more. I'm against selling pot through kafra that is on par with what a player has to pour hours of time to achieve.

Buy from ranked alchemist now instead of kafra shop, simple.

#52 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Why should they "fix" the potions? It was buggy and now it is working as intended

spoil everyone more? 

#53 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Why should they "fix" the potions? It was buggy and now it is working as intended

spoil everyone more? 

Because many people spent real money on a product that is no longer what they expected, no one could have known it was a bug. At the very least we should be able to recycle the potions into something else, either SV or something equally fitting.

Not to mention putting newer players at even further disadvantage, no more easy leveling pots.

#54 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

Keep the change.

Solutions should be focused on trying to re-convert woe boxes into silvervine or something of that order.

#55 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

I dont understand how people ended with a lot of unused woe pot boxes.

If you buy silvervines for boxes, you usually keep the silvervine boxes and exchange for pots per season (or a full box).

If you buy via kp, you buy them on the spot to prevent overweight isues.

If its your leftover pots, then you bought them for the other pot type (either blue or white).

The point is, it was unwise to stockpile woe boxes from the start.

And as the current isue, i think its the best to leave it as it is since it was a bug fix indirectly

#56 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

Completely disagree on converting back to SV or fixing.

Everyone of us have gotten the benefit of the WOE white pot. It was bugged before, it is now working as intended. You guys already profited with it. The people who have like 5K woe white pots in their storage heavily benefited from their WOE blue pots.

I'm sure you don't open 100 WOE boxes at one go and store them into your storage to use them in future. 

I don't understand how you can even ask to convert these unused pots back to SV. It's now just like a normal white / blue pot, right? 

And what "easy leveling" are you referring to? SV prices are 1m now. No new comers will be able to afford that anymore. You guys bought your SV when they were probably 500k+/-, and got a ton of cheap white / blue pots from it. Just use them as per normal and treat them as normal white pot. You already paid less than what you should have if you were to buy them from the NPC. 

Edited by rhexis, 09 November 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#57 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

Well, we can't use the woe pots to make slims. If we could convert them to NPC whites so we could then make slims of them it would at least be something. I have 16k useless WoE white potions now.

And no I didn't like opening boxes. I would kafra card for supplies when I needed them. I found it easier than trying to open 6 boxes every 10mins.

Edited by EwoI, 09 November 2017 - 06:56 PM.

#58 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

Completely disagree on converting back to SV or fixing.

Everyone of us have gotten the benefit of the WOE white pot. It was bugged before, it is now working as intended. You guys already profited with it. The people who have like 5K woe white pots in their storage heavily benefited from their WOE blue pots.

I'm sure you don't open 100 WOE boxes at one go and store them into your storage to use them in future. 

I don't understand how you can even ask to convert these unused pots back to SV. It's now just like a normal white / blue pot, right? 

And what "easy leveling" are you referring to? SV prices are 1m now. No new comers will be able to afford that anymore. You guys bought your SV when they were probably 500k+/-, and got a ton of cheap white / blue pots from it. Just use them as per normal and treat them as normal white pot. You already paid less than what you should have if you were to buy them from the NPC. 

actually, i actually do open up 100 woe boxes because i want to stack them up, instead of having 100 diff stack of whites/blues. i use ALOT of pots, so i would always stack up alot

#59 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

the pots should heal less than ranked pots though 

#60 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

i still have 28k of WoE Blue Potions, i dont know how to waste those, the only way will be when trans come into server.

#61 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

just release Witch Pumpkin hat :)

#62 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

You people with thousands of WoE pots in storage are literally the 1% of the 1%. Get over it.

Edited by htpgmail, 09 November 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#63 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Since the Woe pots where to powerfull to begin with, i do agree on keeping them as they are now, but since this was a ninja patch you should think about a compensation, long and hard ... ... and no death penality, drop chance or exp increase arnt a good compensation for this.

#64 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Because many people spent real money on a product that is no longer what they expected, no one could have known it was a bug. At the very least we should be able to recycle the potions into something else, either SV or something equally fitting.

Not to mention putting newer players at even further disadvantage, no more easy leveling pots.

What is expected is the healing amount detailed in the item description. If you calculate the healing amount with your stats, and it matches, then what is the problem? Did yoy get scammed? Certainly not.

There is no need for compensation, some people just want to continue to be spoiled

New players can still do well on the server, specially partying. So you dont need to worry about then, specially when new classes just got implemented and transcendents are yet to come.

#65 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

What is expected is the healing amount detailed in the item description. If you calculate the healing amount with your stats, and it matches, then what is the problem? Did yoy get scammed? Certainly not.

There is no need for compensation, some people just want to continue to be spoiled

New players can still do well on the server, specially partying. So you dont need to worry about then, specially when new classes just got implemented and transcendents are yet to come.

Item description in Ragnarok and reality were never anything that matched on any occasion in the whole lifetime of ragnarok there were always at least on item that had confusing or down right wrong descriptions. 

#66 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

To be clear this bug affected all consumables including npc pot, apples, meat, fresh fish, and various toy factory treats.

#67 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

I am specifically talking about woe pots.
Each item and equip wrong description is handled differently, they would compensate if the item or service is poorly implemented, but i see it hypocritical to ask for a "compensation" when the item is greatly buffed and later it gets its real value.

Compensate what at all?

#68 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

To be clear this bug affected all consumables including npc pot, apples, meat, fresh fish, and various toy factory treats.

Thats basicly even worse, your programming team does have known of test cases and how to built them in thier lifes, right?

I am specifically talking about woe pots.
Each item and equip wrong description is handled differently, they would compensate if the item or service is poorly implemented, but i see it hypocritical to ask for a "compensation" when the item is greatly buffed and later it gets its real value.

Compensate what at all?

For setting expectations that were set on a long based use and suddenly dont meet these expectations anymore, without the previous clarification that anything had used.   Its like you buying a water boiler previous and you need a new one and buy this from the same company , after you bought it suddenly someones mentions "hey it only warms up water now, its fine right?" 

#69 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

I don't know how anyone can think it's ok for us to be used to this for 4 months, then have it taken away. Without a doubt it's been one of the best selling items in the Kafra shop, I'd argue the best. With this change even though not intentional you're essentially buying NPC whites and I don't think WP will be selling any where near the volume they were. Actually, they might be worse than NPC whites because at the very least you can turn those into slims.

I can't speak for everyone, but people I know are avoiding leveling in hopes something good comes out the end of this.

I was about to drop another $30 to re-VIP 2 of my accounts. Now I'm a bit hesitant. I can't see it any other way than a big FU to the paying customers, again even if not intentional. I don't think this will have any where near the positive effect the old school pre-re players are hoping for.

Edited by EwoI, 09 November 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#70 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Then it should not be tagged as water boiler.

The same thinking could be applied to equips, if you spent money to upgrade to +10 your muffler expecting it to be the best equip in game but the next day they implement the amistr bag; will you say you can ask for a compensation based on your expectations?

That is why i think that asking for a compensation is wrong.
(Even though some people would just say warpportal is a bad company and rage all around saying how the game is poorly managed and the server is going to die instantly)(and new players, poor new players)

But whatever choice wp takes is fine with me, i just wanted to express my thoughts.

Edited by Panteperu, 09 November 2017 - 10:16 PM.

#71 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

I don't know how anyone can think it's ok for us to be used to this for 4 months, then have it taken away.

To me is a matter of how to play the game, the more challenging it is, the more i can enjoy it.
I have never liked the idea of blue pots for zenny/money since the start of the server but got used to it and used them as much as i could like everyone else.

I know i cant force my tastes and likes on others, but i consider that if warpportal keeps the difficulty bar low it will kill the server faster.

I want the server to last as long as possible and for that, long term goals (like leveling) should be a thing. But if people continue to be able to complete every goal available in game in less than a month, then the server will die sooner than later.

#72 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Then it should not be tagged as water boiler.

The same thinking could be applied to equips, if you spent money to upgrade to +10 your muffler expecting it to be the best equip in game but the next day they implement the amistr bag; will you say you can ask for a compensation based on your expectations?

Your analogy is incorrect. A correct one would be if we spent our money to get a +10 muffler, and the next day the GMs nerfed the muffler to make it worse than an NPC garment, for no reason other than a bug in their own programming. In such a case, asking for compensation is justified.

That said, I don't personally care if they give us the option to exchange it for SV or revert the pots, and I was against the WoE pots to begin with. And yes, alchemist ranked pots should heal more than woe pots that can be bought for 5 cents. Maybe at the minimum, the GMs could try allowing us to exchange whites for blues and vice-versa if they're not going to revert it. That would atleast be a small compensation for people who have stockpiled tons of these. 

Edited by Kailash, 10 November 2017 - 04:45 AM.

#73 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

What are you actually defending ? Gravity/Wp made a mistake and now face the consequences in the form of people demanding some form of compensation/apology for that since the put money in they expect something more than an "ups sorry guys", this might have been worked if the patch wasnt again a middle castrastrophe . Since again quests were broken again people had to ask countless question to know what and how new stuff would work and on top of that a major Bug/Bugfix was introduced ... so yeah people are mad ...

#74 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Your comment totally reminded me of the classic to renewal patch
I guess i should have just asked for compensations instead of quitting the game, heh.

#75 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

If this bug affected all consumables then would every consumable get buffed to new healing values now? That's not exactly being sane. I'd treat this as a bugfix, nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users