Donate for some 1 of a kind RO1 Costumes! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Donate for some 1 of a kind RO1 Costumes!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

S> artist hat

am sure its hugely over priced, if only they had any ingame events for more costumes hat, all we see is art events for costume and so on. I dont really care abt  the reward for this donation. All i want to say is only art events are organized no in game event or other events are organized for people who cant do art. Right now if u can make art you prolly make way more than what a guy makes playing the game.

#27 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

Thumbs down for this.
This hat was rewarded to the 3 people that have it for greatly contributing to the community.
Making this hat available for "only" $200 is like a slap in the face of all that work.
Would be nice to see WP reconsider the choice of hat, even if $200 at one time is a lot to quite a few people.
It still greatly devalues the immense effort Nirvanna etc have put in to earn theirs.

Damn... you know this is for a charity right? You know, for kids that have cancer staying in hospitals?

I think the GMs are doing something good for the world while some players want to feel like the GMs made a huge mistake.

Take a look at last year, people got leopard hats and the community was fine. It’s really not a big deal lol

Edited by Demeris, 10 November 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#28 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

am sure its hugely over priced, if only they had any ingame events for more costumes hat, all we see is art events for costume and so on. I dont really care abt  the reward for this donation. All i want to say is only art events are organized no in game event or other events are organized for people who cant do art. Right now if u can make art you prolly make way more than what a guy makes playing the game.

well, the art event was nice. i love seeing the contest to highlight other talents besides drawing, just like singing, crafting and writing. even tho some people was not happy with the results of the winners, but it was a good start for WP to conduct more of those kind of events in the future.

as the name suggest, artist hat, it should be a proper reward from art contest. and again, art is not just drawing.

as of costumes from other events, of course i dont mind. but artist hat deserves a spot as an art only contest reward. perhaps other themed costume based on themed event?

#29 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Damn... you know this is for a charity right? You know, for kids that have cancer staying in hospitals?

I think the GMs are doing something good for the world while some players want to feel like the GMs made a huge mistake.

Take a look at last year, people got leopard hats and the community was fine. It’s really not a big deal lol

Damn... you know how to properly read right? You know, without trying to twist what's written to your liking?
They can have a charity donation without slapping those who did a ton of work for them in the face.

It should be obvious that I meant the $200 prize, not the basic idea of the event. :v

Edit:

Noticed this was missing a ,

Added it in for readability.

Edited by kubikyuu, 10 November 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#30 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

They are doing something good with our money. whose money they use for charity? Our money. Whose name appears on charity list? Wp. Who will claim the tax cut? Wp

#31 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

Next year, I say, dont reveal the items/prizes.

Will prevent many discussions rants.

#32 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

Damn... you know how to properly read right? You know, without trying to twist what's written to your liking?
They can have a charity donation without slapping those who did a ton of work for them in the face.
It should be obvious that I meant the $200 prize, not the basic idea of the event. :v

Edit:
Noticed this was missing a ,
Added it in for readability.

People are not forced to donate $200.

People who donated $200 are going to look at their hats and know they donated $200 for it.

Whilst the 3 who have the hats originally will know they got the hat from contributing to the community.

If you do donate though, thank you for your support, no matter how small. It means a lot to these kids that Extra Life supports.

Edited by Demeris, 10 November 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#33 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

WP in a gif:

https://i.imgur.com/yU1He08.mp4

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 10 November 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#34 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

People are not forced to donate $200.

People who donated $200 are going to look at their hats and know they donated $200 for it.

Whilst the 3 who have the hats originally will know they got the hat from contributing to the community.

If you do donate though, thank you for your support, no matter how small. It means a lot to these kids that Extra Life supports.

And some 3rd person who looks at them cannot tell the difference and will throw them into the same pot.

If I donate, I go to the place I want to donate to in person and ask what goods they need.

That way I can make sure the money does not go to the pockets of some greedy people but those who need it.

#35 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

And some 3rd person who looks at them cannot tell the difference and will throw them into the same pot.

If I donate, I go to the place I want to donate to in person and ask what goods they need.
That way I can make sure the money does not go to the pockets of some greedy people but those who need it.

It’s unfortunate that you don’t trust warp portal with them handling donation money.

I’m more than confident in their ability to send donations they earn towards their promised organization.

It would be tasteless for warp portal to do such a thing.

Also, why does some 3rd person care about where the hat came from? It only matters to the person who has it. It doesn’t affect a 3rd person negatively if someone were to have this costume. And I emphasize the word costume cause that’s all it does. It’s not like they’re gaining something cosmetic is causing you to lose something else.

Edited by Demeris, 10 November 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#36 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

It’s unfortunate that you don’t trust warp portal with them handling donation money.

I’m more than confident in their ability to send donations they earn towards their promised organization.

It would be tasteless for warp portal to do such a thing.

Also, why does some 3rd person care about where the hat came from? It only matters to the person who has it. It doesn’t affect a 3rd person negatively if someone were to have this costume. And I emphasize the word costume cause that’s all it does. It’s not like they’re gaining something cosmetic is causing you to lose something else.

There would be more people handling the money than just WP.

So kindly stop assuming stuff please. :v

They could earn the hat by contributing, like those owning them already did.

Would make the community a better place.

Instead it seems everyone just wants to buy everything with irl cash and WP allows them to do so.

Instant 175/60 kp item when?

Spoiler

#37 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

But do you even know what the 3 people did for the community. Other than Nirvana the other 2.....  :heh:

#38 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

According to Nirvanna's post, "I got one of these hats as a thanks for the stuff I had done. I didn't ask for it, didn't expect it and was most certainly appreciative of it."

I understand that this hat, Cherry blossom hat, was given to three people who have contributed greatly to the community as a token of appreciation. WP did not have to give the hat if they did not want to and Nirnanna also did not expect any reward. Both parties acted out of kindness and generosity. Then am I correct to surmise that this hat is not exclusively limited to only these three people?

As Aco has already stated, people who donated $200 are going to look at their hats and know they donated $200 for it while the 3 who have the hats originally will know they got the hat from contributing to the community.

If any of the 3 people are concerned that now players will not recognize them as great contributors to the community. I suggest that there needs to be a pinned thread to post their names. Honestly, if I were one of these 3 people, recognized me or not, I would be happy that now more people could have this rare hat while knowing that I received my hat from contributing to the community.

#39 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Hello!

I wanted to clear a big misunderstanding that is going on:

First of all, WarpPortal never TOUCHES the money you donate through the Extra Life page. It goes directly from you, the user and donator, to Extra Life. Warp Portal is basically acting, by raising awareness of the campaign, and they set a goal because they are confident WE can raise at least 1000 USD, and they will reward any user with in-game goodies to anyone who donates 5 dollars or more.

Second, you being the donator, can write this off from your taxes if you are from the US (or Canada if you donate to Canadian campaigns, WP's is based on US), this is by default, that is, if you do nothing but fill blank fields, the donation is yours and you get to use the tax deduction. Also, if you want, you can mark a checkbox, that is OFF by default, that allows WP to use your donation as theirs; so if you don't want or need it, you can CHOOSE to give the benefit to WP. But again, this option is OFF by default, you have to actively look for it and turn it on.

And last, it's about raising awareness, and helping kids, kids who are going through terrible conditions, at an incredibly young age, kids deserve to be happy. #ForTheKids

#40 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hello!

First of all, WarpPortal never TOUCHES the money you donate through the Extra Life page. It goes directly from you, the user and donator, to Extra Life. Warp Portal is basically acting, by raising awareness of the campaign, and they set a goal because they are confident WE can raise at least 1000 USD, and they will reward any user with in-game goodies to anyone who donates 5 dollars or more.

Second, you being the donator, can write this off from your taxes if you are from the US (or Canada if you donate to Canadian campaigns, WP's is based on US), this is by default, that is, if you do nothing but fill blank fields, the donation is yours and you get to use the tax deduction. Also, if you want, you can mark a checkbox, that is OFF by default, that allows WP to use your donation as theirs; so if you don't want or need it, you can CHOOSE to give the benefit to WP. But again, this option is OFF by default, you have to actively look for it and turn it on.

And last, it's about raising awareness, and helping kids, kids who are going through terrible conditions, at an incredibly young age, kids deserve to be happy. #ForTheKids

So I was right wp using this as their own advantage because when ppl donate thru wp they can claim it as their money when they claim for tax. Well played wp well played. anyhow I work at children hospital the best in nation or even the whole world. Everyday we save lives and everyday with all those cancer kids it is really sad thou. For ya all that wiling to donate I encourage you to do so without wp and the third party. Because wp will be able to take advantage of this indirectly by claiming all the donation money for their tax refund.

#41 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hello!

I concur!

#42 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

So I was right wp using this as their own advantage because when ppl donate thru wp they can claim it as their money when they claim for tax. Well played wp well played. anyhow I work at children hospital the best in nation or even the whole world. Everyday we save lives and everyday with all those cancer kids it is really sad thou. For ya all that wiling to donate I encourage you to do so without wp and the third party. Because wp will be able to take advantage of this indirectly by claiming all the donation money for their tax refund.

Did you honestly read the words? It says the option for WP to claim it as theirs is off and if you want them or you don't need the tax cut yourself you can give it to them by turning the option on.

#43 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Learn to read properly

#44 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hello!

Can you guys not lower your standards? We can easily raise $5000.

#45 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

Did you honestly read the words? It says the option for WP to claim it as theirs is off and if you want them or you don't need the tax cut yourself you can give it to them by turning the option on.

I did. How many ppl actually will bother with all those options? Lol do you ever read the fine prints? Do you ever read the user agreement? It's a traps from wp. 8 out of 10 ppl probably won't bother those kind of stuff because most Iro players are from out side of states. None of this countries outside us can claim for this tax refund so no one will bother. In my opinion if ya all really want to donate go donate it without going thru wp.

Edited by Handersen, 10 November 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#46 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hello there,

Please keep your postings within acceptable measures, call outs and being out right rude are not helpful to the thread.

Posts of the same and their responses have been removed.

Be nice >_<

On the event, we should have an official topic of the event made soon.

For the time being you can check out the donation event details in Warpportal Blog here.

#47 ellol

ellol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

Lol

The reward in itself isn't the hat

Come on people

#48 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

can we clarify something? For people who donate or 'donate' $200, are they only getting the costume? Cause it wasn't written previous tier reward, just the costume there.

#49 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

can we clarify something? For people who donate or 'donate' $200, are they only getting the costume? Cause it wasn't written previous tier reward, just the costume there.

Supposedly includes previous tiers, I assume the official post will include proper details so let's wait till Monday.

#50 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

Lol

The reward in itself isn't the hat

Come on people

+1

Though it would be cool if they made a different costume for donation purposes and keep the cherry blossom for special contributors is it? That hat is quite unique and saying that its available for a price looses that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users