Ragial Vending Program - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Ragial Vending Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

I am an old player who's not playing as much and would like to share a tool i created. it's not newb friendly yet, if any programmers wish to contribute let me know via PM. 

the attached github is my code your welcome to use. 

required: Python, and configuring the settings.ini

ALPHA 1.1 release:

https://github.com/s...leases/tag/a1.1

https://github.com/s...m/RagialVending0

note: my pythong is Python 3.6.1

how to use:

1) set the path in the settings.ini

EG Ragnarok=E:\Ragnarok Online

2) set the tab in Ragnarok's name you wish to parse EG ChatTabName=Merchent

PLEASE set the tab to only see the new items you get.

3) run the "main.py" program via "python main.py"

4) load Ragnarok up 

5) move the items you wish to check on in to your inventory so that the tab above says "You got item name (1)"

6) type /savechat

7) wait and watch note their is a flood control that could block you if the request to Ragial comes too fast. if this occurs let me know and the code can be easily adjusted.

the program will automatically see the change in the chat file's and parse out the item names into a table

Before you run
kOG6a9X.png?1
After you run ( the "vending" is a un-found item)
gmNVgvt.png?1

Edited by sonar0m, 04 December 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Is this approved by WP already?

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

It's a text parser that runs outside of RO. There's nothing illegal about it.

#4 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

It's a text parser that runs outside of RO. There's nothing illegal about it.

Exactly this, they have nothing to approve or disprove. i would like someone from Ragial... but when i messaged them i received no response.

#5 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Updated to include an easy to run file and link included an embedded python

#6 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

i thank you for your contribution and sacrifice for the community.  :kis:

#7 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

no big deal! let me know if you find anything you might like to change or fix or something. you can use git hub for issue and tracking of issues or requests.

#8 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Thank you for your work. Sorry for the stupid question but how does this work and what does it do?

#9 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Thank you for your work. Sorry for the stupid question but how does this work and what does it do?

If I understand correctly it checks an item you got on ragial and returns the price of that item, how many are vending it. Haven't tried using it though so I'm not sure.

#10 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

If I understand correctly it checks an item you got on ragial and returns the price of that item, how many are vending it. Haven't tried using it though so I'm not sure.

How is that different from having Ragial opened and on autorefresh?

#11 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

what this does is checks what items you have in a chat window and automatically looks it up in Ragial. what created it for is to move items i wana price check and then move it back (creates a "you got XXXX(1)" record then type /savechat

once you do that it will spit out the calculated info and table. from the history portion of the item.

i have a few improvements i wish to do. like ignore repeated items so you can use it for farming in a new area. you can see examples of the thought in the images above.

you can use github or here(perfered github) to contact me if you don't reply here.

#12 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

what this does is checks what items you have in a chat window and automatically looks it up in Ragial. what created it for is to move items i wana price check and then move it back (creates a "you got XXXX(1)" record then type /savechat

once you do that it will spit out the calculated info and table. from the history portion of the item.

i have a few improvements i wish to do. like ignore repeated items so you can use it for farming in a new area. you can see examples of the thought in the images above.

you can use github or here(perfered github) to contact me if you don't reply here.

Are you able to make it so that I can fill-up a blank text file with the list of items I wanna check the price on. And then indicate the average and current price for each?

It can be helpful for example ET so that you can estimate how much zeny should be split per member.

Great work by the way!

#13 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

How is that different from having Ragial opened and on autorefresh?

Not sure but you won't need a browser to check for items on this way and the only downside is you are limited to what you have on your inventory. This could be used when you are searching for like, poison bottles, ingredients of potions, bombs, poison or runes. I dunno what is OPs goal on making this though.

#14 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

Not sure but you won't need a browser to check for items on this way and the only downside is you are limited to what you have on your inventory. This could be used when you are searching for like, poison bottles, ingredients of potions, bombs, poison or runes. I dunno what is OPs goal on making this though.

I suppose it's the fastest way to price a shop based on ragial?

#15 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

That could be true.

#16 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

i am the OP btw

Are you able to make it so that I can fill-up a blank text file with the list of items I wanna check the price on. And then indicate the average and current price for each?

It can be helpful for example ET so that you can estimate how much zeny should be split per member.

Great work by the way!

yes you can if you use the format "You got Shadow Shoes (1)." as if it were in your inventory. it check for "new" or "changed" files so please save it in another location then move it in the Dir if you wish to do this.

that was the original thought behind this. you have a shop and you wanna know a ruff thought as to what is the price.

#17 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

Funny how I created an Excel spreadsheet to get prices from ragial for the items I listed. +1 to your idea

#18 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Funny how I created an Excel spreadsheet to get prices from ragial for the items I listed. +1 to your idea

um... if your willing to dig i have the ability to also in this code go from a code to a CSV file of history information.  if you look in the setting files

[CSV]

code=Cwk,oQM,2QY
outputBase=../temp/
rowsPerPage=16
pages=2
seperator=, 

and create a bat file with the below in a text editor in the saim as the orinal bat file. it will spit out the configured codes to CSV under python/output

@echo off
cd Python
python lib\Ragial.py
cd ..

Edited by sonar0m, 24 November 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#19 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Yikes, I'm just using the Data function from Excel to lookup and copy values from ragial to my table of ET loots. Programming knowledge very limited here.

#20 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

What's the point of this?

#21 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

Yikes, I'm just using the Data function from Excel to lookup and copy values from ragial to my table of ET loots. Programming knowledge very limited here.

i am a coder who enjoy's creating useful things. i actually HATE the market so i created this to sell stuff so i don't have do as much work

What's the point of this?snapback.png

that's the original use of this to price check a whole shop quickly. but there are more then one use 

#22 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

dont waste your time on this... I am a python coder too.

1. RO items is getting bipolar to extreme, monster drop usually dont worth much unless quest item with a bit value,  of course, you wont use your ragial to measure MVP drop...

2. Ragial is not 100% correct on price, especially on low volumn and high end gear.

3. there is more than just beautifulsoup in python.  There is a lot more library for you to explore, the night is young.   (Soup is not yummy)

#23 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

Its pretty safe to compile a list of common instance rewards that you sell frequently to price at ragial average. For example you might do OGH and get a lot of Coagulated Spells and OCAs. Or do HTF and get a good amount of MCAs, OCAs, and OPBs. Even if you farm MVPs in Central Lab or ET, there are plenty of items that you encounter frequently enough to warrant selling. Ragial makes things really easy to price your items to not get ripped off. Using programs like these are incredibly useful for pricing your shops quickly and even making sure you don't have input errors in your shop setup. (No more mis-pricing items when you can just copy paste)

This one is a little clunky, but for a side project it is coming along well.

Edited by Scuba, 25 November 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#24 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

dont waste your time on this... I am a python coder too.

1. RO items is getting bipolar to extreme, monster drop usually dont worth much unless quest item with a bit value,  of course, you wont use your ragial to measure MVP drop...

2. Ragial is not 100% correct on price, especially on low volumn and high end gear.

3. there is more than just beautifulsoup in python.  There is a lot more library for you to explore, the night is young.   (Soup is not yummy)

1. i am not play as much now so i just wana have some spending z while i do so.

2. no pricing quickly does. it's time vs money

3. i am not using that lib, it's a general scrape i made my self, just search or Regex under "simplepyscrape" if you care to look.

Its pretty safe to compile a list of common instance rewards that you sell frequently to price at ragial average. For example you might do OGH and get a lot of Coagulated Spells and OCAs. Or do HTF and get a good amount of MCAs, OCAs, and OPBs. Even if you farm MVPs in Central Lab or ET, there are plenty of items that you encounter frequently enough to warrant selling. Ragial makes things really easy to price your items to not get ripped off. Using programs like these are incredibly useful for pricing your shops quickly and even making sure you don't have input errors in your shop setup. (No more mis-pricing items when you can just copy paste)

This one is a little clunky, but for a side project it is coming along well.

thanks improvement's request encouraged. one bug i know of is if the item your looking for is easily modified for instance Shadow Armor:

if you JUST search "shadow armor" in ragial the first few pages does not have that as a return debating speed/calls vs completing names. also considering cashing the name and code combo's for the same reason. i am not a UI guy hence the  ugly clucky way you use it now. git hub might be the easy way but i am trying to check here often

#25 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

It's not for high end gears, but for recurring and a wide array of drops. Best example is ET loots.

Edited by carbinemortiser, 25 November 2017 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users