What happens when the OCPs run out? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happens when the OCPs run out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

So what happens when the OCPs run out and is it even close to running out? Obviously WP or kRO won't say when they'll shut the game(Renewal/Classic) down but I want to know what you guys think. I have a feeling the same thing that happened to pRO is happening to iRO. From what I understand pRO players were able to acquire MVP cards through the kafra shop and a month or so after this they were shut down, this was basically pRO's last cash grab attempt. Are the OCPs iRO's last cash grab attempt before shutting the servers down and restarting fresh sometime later OR has it already restarted with RE:Start and is just waiting until all the OCPs are sold before shutting down?

#2 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm from pRO and I can tell you one thing....... No comment.

#3 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

OCP2.0 will happen. mob scarf [1] pls

#4 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

OCP Blast from the past box, all ur favourite OCP OP items in a box!

Well, I'm not from pRO but then jRO have MvP cards in cash shop and they haven't close yet.

And OCP is basically jRO's OCP repackaged, so it will end when jRO decides to ends them....... or when they decide to name it something else.

#5 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

OCP Blast from the past box, all ur favourite OCP OP items in a box!

Well, I'm not from pRO but then jRO have MvP cards in cash shop and they haven't close yet.

And OCP is basically jRO's OCP repackaged, so it will end when jRO decides to ends them....... or when they decide to name it something else.

jRO is subscription base so they have other sources and their population is not far off to what iRO has. It's more on the game management side. That's where pRO had lacked. Err, I said I won't comment but then.... Nm

#6 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

There are still tengu set and mob scarf. If they still need money they can always bring back overupgrade event or VIP sales. There is also Janeway to lure people into playing new classes which can translate to more VIP and kafra purchase. Don’t forget about firesales. It’s endless.

Edited by DieNasty, 11 November 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#7 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

Let me put this straight,

1. pRO problem is not just Selling MvP Cards in Cash Shop, i know because i also had a friend that veteran from pRO, he said pRO problem is complicated,
not just the outside of the game, but also in-game, not just GM selling God Items secretly or MvP Cards before straight up to the shop, but complicated, however  we should not talk about it here.

2. jRO is the one that send the package, as Moderator said before, its up to jRO, as long as jRO send it, iRO will accept the items
means if jRO want to stop sending OCP package today, so be it, OCP 12 will be our last, you dont have to wait it to Run Out first.

3.We have a thread dedicated to Future Chaos and Thor, with or without OCP nothing gonna happens, iRO life goes on.

4.Enjoy your game, let the iRO Team do their jobs.

#8 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

If jRO do stop sending OCP to us, maybe we can ask for kRO to send their many shadow equipment set

Then we can combine the OP-ness of jRO and kRO

#9 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

If jRO do stop sending OCP to us, maybe we can ask for kRO to send their many shadow equipment set

Then we can combine the OP-ness of jRO and kRO

I support your idea, as iRO already a hybridized version of kRO & jRO and it's too late for going back now.

Just don't add other custom content from dead official servers like sealed MvP cards :heh:

#10 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

Shadow set have been denied in IRO. So just live and enjoy OCP.
:)

#11 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Let me put this straight,

1. pRO problem is not just Selling MvP Cards in Cash Shop, i know because i also had a friend that veteran from pRO, he said pRO problem is complicated,
not just the outside of the game, but also in-game, not just GM selling God Items secretly or MvP Cards before straight up to the shop, but complicated, however  we should not talk about it here.

2. jRO is the one that send the package, as Moderator said before, its up to jRO, as long as jRO send it, iRO will accept the items
means if jRO want to stop sending OCP package today, so be it, OCP 12 will be our last, you dont have to wait it to Run Out first.

3.We have a thread dedicated to Future Chaos and Thor, with or without OCP nothing gonna happens, iRO life goes on.

4.Enjoy your game, let the iRO Team do their jobs.

Thanks for the input. Based on yours and others' input I realized that there are other ways that kRO/WP can make money from the game without OCPs however, I still can't help but worry about what will happen to the game in the future as the population is lower than its ever been, woe/pvp is dead and very OP gears are being pumped into the game. Regarding the pRO situation, that was just the only example that I can come up with where there was a blatant cash grab that I feel like is very similar to what is happening to iRO with OCPs. People that I have talked to that know about the pRO situation also feel that the OCP situation that iRO now has was the same with the MVP card situation that pRO had which makes me worried even more because I'm not the only one thinking it. These are all just speculations since I'm not an expert with these topics but I see the pattern and every time I put money into the game I can't help but worry that they will shut the game down next month.

#12 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the input. Based on yours and others' input I realized that there are other ways that kRO/WP can make money from the game without OCPs however, I still can't help but worry about what will happen to the game in the future as the population is lower than its ever been, woe/pvp is dead and very OP gears are being pumped into the game. Regarding the pRO situation, that was just the only example that I can come up with where there was a blatant cash grab that I feel like is very similar to what is happening to iRO with OCPs. People that I have talked to that know about the pRO situation also feel that the OCP situation that iRO now has was the same with the MVP card situation that pRO had which makes me worried even more because I'm not the only one thinking it. These are all just speculations since I'm not an expert with these topics but I see the pattern and every time I put money into the game I can't help but worry that they will shut the game down next month.

pick up japanese, setup some VPN and head over to jRO. Enjoy your time there ;)

#13 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

I assume they're making sure the ocp items sent won't disrupt whats available in iRO. It would be disheartening if too OP stuff came available only via cash shop. MVP cards?! :p_sick: So far it's enjoyable just to play 2 win, while the pay 2 win gets their perks. May this long continue..

#14 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

pick up japanese, setup some VPN and head over to jRO. Enjoy your time there ;)

Just enjoy it for now. Everything comes to an end eventually. There are no such thing as forever

#15 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

iRO wont be shutting down soon. There are still a lot of updates pending from kRO, so for the love of god stop worrying and enjoy the game as it is for now.

I also came from pRO and I can tell you iRO is not in the same boat. Some might not beleive it but management in iRO is far better than the late bull crap pRO.

We are about to receive expanded class improvement update and desocketing, proof that there is progress although slow.

Edited by Usurper, 12 November 2017 - 12:57 AM.

#16 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

So what happens when the OCPs run out and is it even close to running out? Obviously WP or kRO won't say when they'll shut the game(Renewal/Classic) down but I want to know what you guys think. I have a feeling the same thing that happened to pRO is happening to iRO. From what I understand pRO players were able to acquire MVP cards through the kafra shop and a month or so after this they were shut down, this was basically pRO's last cash grab attempt. Are the OCPs iRO's last cash grab attempt before shutting the servers down and restarting fresh sometime later OR has it already restarted with RE:Start and is just waiting until all the OCPs are sold before shutting down?

The OCP´s came only, because the iro renewal lose population.

They need a new cash idea. And that was the OCP. And now comes a strange incident : Not every jRo stuff got fixed here in iro renewal formula. Jro and iRo have a not the same renewal formula. And that is the big problem.

here a example :

The Rock Ridge update in iRo : http://www.playragna...aspx?id=298&p=1

and in jRo : https://ragnarokonli...rockridge/data/

We can see, that jRo have not the same values.

Howosever, the server dont shut down. They are only fight with more p2w.

The Revo-server came to iRo, because the classic server and Thor server going slowly down.

#17 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

jRO has plenty of items and they continue to make new items every now and then, even if OCP discontinues it will hardly be the reason of running out of jRO items.

#18 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:15 AM

There are various updates to come, and more exciting plans scheduled for next year. Please cast your worries away and try to enjoy what's attainable to you :)

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

There are various updates to come, and more exciting plans scheduled for next year. Please cast your worries away and try to enjoy what's attainable to you :)

That is worded so very "treading water" like xD

#20 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

The problem with OCP is it keeps on increasing monthly and because of that there will come a time that we will lose track of what are they. Time is gold but you can't sell them. It's your choice to stick or go. Other than that, iRO will continue to exist as long as players keep playing and OCP will keep rolling.

We haven't even reached half of jRO's goodies yet. Just enjoy the ride. :heh:

#21 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:30 AM

The ocp's are a bit OP but think of them as an upgrade. If jRO stops sending em I imagine the items being rotated like the ones in the groove boxes (that is if it stops), even now some items are being re-released now and then. So calm yo self and open boxes (if you fancy using kp for it) or hunt it down on ragial (if you want it for z) on another day. Think of it as things we would appreciate to keep up with the new releases, and i probably would say i enjoy playing old infamous classes now having at least some purpose. We aren't completely dependent on the ocp items yet (pls dont make us lol).  :p_laugh:

#22 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

Long be forgotten the days of "Groove" vs "Lucky" Boxes...

#23 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:12 AM

The situation in pRO was much worse. Can't really compare it to the gambling schemes we have right now.

#24 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

The situation in pRO was much worse. Can't really compare it to the gambling schemes we have right now.

Really hate remembering that moment. Felt depressing and dull. It was like you're on undead status, nothing heals  :heh:  

rofl laughing from just the thought of my dramatic ass

#25 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

You need to stop posting bull-_-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users