• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#1 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

In like a week prices of things have gone insane. Ray cars went from 5-8mil to 20mil +. Bathony cards. earth deleter cards. Gear, even Elu went from 40k to 180k. WTH????? If this is what the future holds for RO, then bring back the bots. I refuse to buy any of these things at current prices and from the looks of things, they are not going down any time soon. All this will do is drive off players. As it stands right now? Im on a buyers strike.  

#2 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

Unfortunately this is what happens when there's a huge demand on these items suddenly.

In the past 2-3 weeks, WP introduced Upgrade event that drove up the price of Elu and Ori by a crazy bunch, and then the introduction of Amistr Bag drove up the price of Raydric and Orc Baby cards as everyone now needs them again to slot into their new OP Garment.

The rich just keeps getting richer and the poor, well, they can continue collecting their strawberries and jellopies hoping to catch up one day. I do see some of this coming from the poor bot control earlier in the days, whereby they couldn't catch everyone, and those that slipped by the GM are already at top of the tier. They've already have enough zeny to control pretty much the entire market.

The game will reach a point where the inflation will be faster than zeny a new comer can make.

Example, you'd think you'll need 2 weeks to get a Raydric Card, but by the end of 2 weeks you'd see that the price have grown so you'll have to farm another 2 weeks. Then after getting it, you'll think that you'll need maybe 2 weeks for your Firelock card, only to realize that by then it has rose again. So on and so fourth. 

Edited by rhexis, 12 November 2017 - 06:32 PM.

#3 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

yeah i scrape buy on what i can and save or hunt for the things i need. Try to follow market trends but with the prices so high now, it's harder and harder to keep up. I just wont be buying anything for awhile. will never spend 20+ mil for ray card, ever. ill just grind out lvls for now. 

#4 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

The rich just keeps getting richer and the poor, well, they can continue collecting their strawberries and jellopies hoping to catch up one day. I do see some of this coming from the poor bot control earlier in the days, whereby they couldn't catch everyone, and those that slipped by the GM are already at top of the tier. They've already have enough zeny to control pretty much the entire market.

The game will reach a point where the inflation will be faster than zeny a new comer can make.

Example, you'd think you'll need 2 weeks to get a Raydric Card, but by the end of 2 weeks you'd see that the price have grown so you'll have to farm another 2 weeks. Then after getting it, you'll think that you'll need maybe 2 weeks for your Firelock card, only to realize that by then it has rose again. So on and so fourth. 

Dude needs more ROcommunism  XD

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Tax the rich

#6 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Dude needs more ROcommunism  XD

Prices of Silvervine jumped from 700k - 1.4million in just about 2 weeks. It COULD drop after the Amistr Bag event, but who knows?

I do believe if some of the top tiered guild pools together and clears out all just the Oris and Elus, they would have been able to set a new price for it. There was a point where Oris were about 40k each and they just rose to 70k overnight with no events prior to that.

Just sharing my POV. It could be my theory, but the fact is that the new comers will have a really tough time trying to catch up with how the economy is getting inflated.

#7 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

If this is what the future holds for RO, then bring back the bots.

Who do you think is one of the people responsible for these prices in the first place? It's the bots inflating the economy. Of course WP affect it too, but it's mostly bots injecting billions of zeny into the market.

#8 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

In like a week prices of things have gone insane. Ray cars went from 5-8mil to 20mil +. Bathony cards. earth deleter cards. Gear, even Elu went from 40k to 180k. WTH????? If this is what the future holds for RO, then bring back the bots. I refuse to buy any of these things at current prices and from the looks of things, they are not going down any time soon. All this will do is drive off players. As it stands right now? Im on a buyers strike.  

Dont buy, farm those easy than that or sell KPs for zenny... if you dont have time to farm then RPGs games arent for you.

The rich just keeps getting richer and the poor just complain and dont try anything to get better.

Fixed for you, in Renewal 1 year ago i was using 5~8 hours to farm per day no more than that i made billions only farming OGH and Horror Toy factory, now my time to play the game is only 1~3 hours per day, and i can made at least 10M~60M per day, i dont invest real money outside VIP, hell i invest more zenny in Costumes than gears or pots xD. the problem is players aiming for DROPs with high cost and dont even try to get any other drop (Example from this week in Magma 2, players trying to get the Earth Deleter card and leave all rest of drops in the ground... only with that bunch of trash drops can pay you the Gum box)

And those who still buying Silvervines to get pots, dont do, is not work anymore, since the price get more than 800k stop working for white potions, only still was working for Blue potions, but now with 1.3~1.8m and the nerd in the potions dont even check in ragial anymore, the only value for silvervines now is for actual or future gears, nothing else.

#9 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Fixed for you, in Renewal 1 year ago i was using 5~8 hours to farm per day no more than that i made billions only farming OGH and Horror Toy factory, now my time to play the game is only 1~3 hours per day, and i can made at least 10M~60M per day, i dont invest real money outside VIP, hell i invest more zenny in Costumes than gears or pots xD. the problem is players aiming for DROPs with high cost and dont even try to get any other drop (Example from this week in Magma 2, players trying to get the Earth Deleter card and leave all rest of drops in the ground... only with that bunch of trash drops can pay you the Gum box)

And those who still buying Silvervines to get pots, dont do, is not work anymore, since the price get more than 800k stop working for white potions, only still was working for Blue potions, but now with 1.3~1.8m and the nerd in the potions dont even check in ragial anymore, the only value for silvervines now is for actual or future gears, nothing else.

I do agree that some people tend to be lazy about it, but you can't blame them for being put off by the sudden increase in price. 

I know a couple of friends who have been saving up for Raydric for a couple of weeks only to realize they can now no longer afford it.

You being able to make 10-60m a day is great for 1-3 hours of gameplay, and I'm sure it's a secret you won't want to share. On my side I hit only 1m per hour, but that's cause I am too lazy to go find a place other than where I am at now. 

That being said, to make that insane amount of money a day would mean certain investment at the start. What took you 2 months to reach that point to be able to farm so consistently would probably require a newcomer 3-4 months because of how the price has hiked. We've had the luxury of purchasing WOE potions at a reasonable price earlier, but now it has spiked to a point where WOE Blue & White / Silvervine costs more than purchasing the Whites from NPC.

IMO, how quickly the market is inflating will put off new players from playing the game, and in the end we'll just be left with these group of players, and eventually the game will die off quickly because people quit faster than players are joining. But once again that's just my opinion. 

Edited by rhexis, 12 November 2017 - 11:49 PM.

#10 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:04 AM

go hunt urself a ray card then? and hunt few more and sell it to me =D

#11 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

Who do you think is one of the people responsible for these prices in the first place? It's the bots inflating the economy. Of course WP affect it too, but it's mostly bots injecting billions of zeny into the market.

bots didn't inject zeny into the market though. (unless you count injecting it via illegal actions, like selling zeny)

any money they earned, they kept. (outside of said illegal actions)

they were the true zeny sink.

players drive the market because a player will use money they get form a sale to maybe go fund a different purchase. the money is moving in a way the game both wants and intended.

#12 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

go hunt urself a ray card then? and hunt few more and sell it to me =D

I have no issues affording a raydric card. I'm saying I have a few new friends who joined the server a month back and were almost at 7m but the hike to 20m has made it unaffordable to them.

I also have no problem trying to hunt them if I wanted to. I spent 3 weeks at pyramid 4 hunting a matyr card.

#13 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:56 AM

ray card went quad in price because of the amistr bag that makes them in a huge high demand. raydric is very easy to hunt, thats why for a new players who just joined the server, im sure they can spend some time hunting there and make bank.

#14 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:10 AM

bots didn't inject zeny into the market though. (unless you count injecting it via illegal actions, like selling zeny)

any money they earned, they kept. (outside of said illegal actions)

Of course I count illegal actions. Why do you think the bots continue to spam? Do you think it's for fun or do you think it's because it's a business that sells plenty of their product? Why do you think they continue to bot zeny if they aren't selling any?

#15 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

Yeah I agree things are crazy but at the same time u can use it in ur favor...

When I started this server I got my first ray and nobody would pay more than 3mill for it....bc simply there was no z enough.
Bc nobody had much zeny by then, prices were all low...even with that, u couldn't buy too much of decent amount of pots and gear out of 3mill...

Now u farm rays and u make urself a rich betch.. but then ppl decide to complain instead.
They are told.. ok then u cant kill rays go farm elus which are selling so good, I even buy the elus at this crazy price bc I dont have time to farm them...and u can do decent gear to farm rays... "nah better whinning"..

But tbh ... Im bit scared that I've been making a lot of z and I don't even play that much.../wah

And yes we need z sink. We have been asking since the day one. Someone posted a realy good idea about z Sink made out of making normal head gear into costumes.
Those are positive ways we should support.

Edited by Cyncienta, 13 November 2017 - 03:20 AM.

#16 KobayashiUke

KobayashiUke

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

You being able to make 10-60m a day is great for 1-3 hours of gameplay, and I'm sure it's a secret you won't want to share. On my side I hit only 1m per hour, but that's cause I am too lazy to go find a place other than where I am at now. 

Amongluttony here

Is not a secret, the answer was giving since the start of the server, just made a Knight, mob, BB and done, places? there are so many: Magma 2, Castle 2, Geffen 2 & 3, Pasanas, those are just a few examples, if you are a novice or new player, is still doable, just go to farm stems and Posion spores, now if you want to know the secret of rich players, is simple and easy:

1.- Properly gears for each map (Example get a water armor for Byalan or Fire armor in Magma and leave the pecopeco card >_>)

2.- Check events and see what stuff you can farm (thanks to irowiki you can see where and what monsters drop x item with high % chance)

3.- Stop making so many alts characters and just focus in your main one (this is the 1st reason why players are poor and have hard times to made a character 99, is good to made extra 1~2 characters to help you, like 1 Merchant to sell your stuff and 1 Priest to buff you or Sage to endow, but outside that, made like 10 chars and trying to gear every of those is just a big NO!)

#17 Seasmoke

Seasmoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

Bots didn't cause it, the patch did. The power level of the Amistr Bag is on the tier of a god item and MVP card rolled into one. No other garment compares with it and no other garment will until... well nobody knows when. We're at the mercy of WP. What we're seeing with Elu prices is a reflection of its power as everyone scrambles to make their Greeds, Endures, +9s and so on before the event disappears for an unknown number of months. For players it's a real crap situation to be in.

I think equipment and improving your equipment is the defining pillar of the game. In the beginning you're just leveling up and it seems like experience is the route to power. But I think everybody comes to realize that exp is mostly incidental and equipment is what opens the gates to new places and to do new things. Everything from leveling to WoE revolves around equipment and it's exciting to climb that ladder because of the overwhelming freedom players have over the world. All the power you could want is already available, you just have to lace up your boots, go out into the wilderness and get it. There's nothing stopping a new player from waltzing right into the most difficult dungeon except his own means and ability. So when a player's next gear upgrade or challenge is removed from the world for months at a time, it doesn't feel like player versus world but more like player versus game manager. Same deal with upgrade events that don't technically remove the upgrade system from the world but effectively do. Because we'll be sitting around with our Elu and Amistr Bag of the month waiting to play the game.

So I guess my request to WP would be to leave the means to make those items in the game permanently. And to stop doing upgrade events. And to generally give more thought to things before implementing them. And to run your ideas by the community first because some of them have a great ability to predict how a new implementation will change the game. And to get multiple opinions. And to play your game so that you can understand it and the experience you create for your players. I had plans for a variety of things to do in RO but it feels like WP just said "Nope screw your freedom. You're playing the Amistr Bag game for the next 30 days. Enjoy Minorous. Have you seen our cash shop?"

Edited by Seasmoke, 13 November 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#18 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

Bots didn't cause it, the patch did. The power level of the Amistr Bag is essentially on the tier of a god item and MVP card rolled into one. No other garment compares with it and no other garment will until... well nobody knows when. We're at the mercy of WP. What we're seeing with Elu prices is a reflection of its power as everyone scrambles to make their Greeds, Endures, +9s and so on before the event disappears for an unknown number of months. For players it's a real crap situation to be in.

I think equipment and improving your equipment is the defining pillar of the game. In the beginning you're just leveling up and it seems like experience is the route to power. But I think everybody comes to realize that exp is mostly incidental and equipment is what opens the gates to new places and to do new things. Everything from leveling to WoE revolves around equipment and it's exciting to climb that ladder because of the overwhelming freedom players have over the world. All the power you could want is already available, you just have to lace up your boots, go out into the wilderness and get it. There's nothing stopping a new player from waltzing right into the most difficult dungeon except his own means and ability. So when a player's next gear upgrade or challenge is removed from the world for months at a time, it doesn't feel like player versus world but more like player versus game manager. Same deal with upgrade events that don't technically remove the upgrade system from the world but effectively do. Because we'll be sitting around with our Elu and Amistr Bag of the month waiting to play the game.

So I guess my request to WP would be to leave the means to make those items in the game permanently. And to stop doing upgrade events. And to generally give more thought to things before implementing them. And to run your ideas by the community first because some of them have a great ability to predict how a new implementation will change the game. And to get multiple opinions. And to play your game so that you can understand it and the experience you create for your players. I had plans for a variety of things to do in RO but it feels like WP just said "Nope screw your freedom. You're playing the Amistr Bag game for the next 30 days. Enjoy Minorous. Have you seen our cash shop?"

I really hope your being satirical in regards to the amistr bag, because it is nowhere as OP as u think it is

#19 Seasmoke

Seasmoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

I really hope your being satirical in regards to the amistr bag, because it is nowhere as OP as u think it is

Are you comparing it to what's currently in the game right now? Or what you expect will be implemented from renewal? I should say I haven't played renewal so admittedly I don't know what's in store for the future of Odin. I'm judging Amistr Bag based on the items we currently have. Endure is an MVP Card. Greed can double farming speed depending on the map. Many of the other skills can be compared to having a third accessory slot. +1 to all stats may not matter much in renewal mechanics but it's still the most stats in any garment. Exp and Drops +2-5% is just a small boost but it's a unique effect that applies universally. 3 sp per kill speeds up farming immensely by cutting regen time, alleviating supply cost and freeing up weight limit. It has more defense than a Manteau without the class requirement. By what scale of power are you judging it?

Edited by Seasmoke, 13 November 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#20 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Ragi.al is responsible for inflation. Merchants can set a price, and after a week of it being on their vend, that price is now average. (Even if no one has purchased the item) The system is broken.

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Are you comparing it to what's currently in the game right now? Or what you expect will be implemented from renewal? I should say I haven't played renewal so admittedly I don't know what's in store for us in the future. I was judging it based on the items we currently have.

Both now and the future, the strength of the bag is not game breaking or even to be slightly considered on the same level as an MVP card.

#22 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Ragi.al is responsible for inflation. Merchants can set a price, and after a week of it being on their vend, that price is now average. (Even if no one has purchased the item) The system is broken.

And here we go again XD We are giving all the tips for ppl to earn their own little fortune, but I give up. Let's blame the others. 'Talking to walls.'

But as Amongluttony said, there is no secret. He gave away great tips.

And btw u dont need BB KN, u focus on one char and things will go smooth. For some ppl takes longer than others, but everybody wants Z yesterday, and then they fall for RMT or other methods.

I did take long, with priest, bc I wanted to enjoy the game as it was ment in the old times. I have a FS priest and made a small fortune by party and friends. Then bc of good friends I got a KN in high lvls to farm, and its fun and profitable as hell. But I still prefer my FS and making silly parties.

And still got tons of money to a point that IDK what to do with it x) not enough for MVP card but if I played as dedicated as other gamers, prolly I could afford MVP card too.

Thanks to Ragial, ppl is ungrateful to you =( but Im not

(Btw a lot of more ppl would be scammed without ragial.. first thing I teach to my new guildies its to check ragial before selling items).

#23 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

The same people that got scammed before Ragi.al are the same people that get scammed now. The difference now is when people get scammed on prices, Ragi.al validates the supplier.

#24 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

no zeny sink with 1-2k bots and you are surprised your zeny devalues quickly?

#25 Seasmoke

Seasmoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

no zeny sink with 1-2k bots and you are surprised your zeny devalues quickly?

Bots have been botting steadily since the beginning of the server. On Nov 7 the price of Elu was 85k. On Nov 8 Amistr Bag was implemented. That was 5 days ago. It's Nov 13 and the cheapest Elu vending now is 150k. The cause of the price jump of Elu is literally just the Amistr Bag. It has nothing to do with Ragial abuse or bots. Same story with Raydric Card because it goes in the Amistr Bag.

Edited by Seasmoke, 13 November 2017 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users