Skin of Gwiber not working...? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Skin of Gwiber not working...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#26 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

Ordinary OCP transition went wrong.  

#27 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ordinary OCP transition went wrong.  

the description is what really makes the item important.

if the description clearly states so...then they should do whatever it takes to make the item near what that description tells. ala cylinder hat in the past.

a lot of people goes through hardship in buying kps and trading for this single item and yet people tell it's just a simple translation mistake?

com'on we demand for a compensation if their not gonna fix it to what the original description tells

Edited by powerhausman, 15 November 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

if the description clearly states so...then they should do whatever it takes to make the item near what that description tells. ala cylinder hat in the past.

a lot of people goes through hardship in buying kps and trading for this single item and yet people tell it's just a simple translation mistake?

com'on we demand for a compensation if their not gonna fix it to what the original description tells

This item and the cylinder were different.

#29 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

Difference is that Cylinder is OP regardless of how you interpret the description, but for Skin of Gwiber isnt.

#30 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

They are only 30m a piece.

#31 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

They are only 30m a piece.

30M cuz it’s established to be crap now lol. The chance to draw this BS wasn’t high to begin with. At the start it went for 100m over as people didn’t know it’s aftercast delay was so little.

clearly almost everyone was misled to think that it gave 24% from description, and i can’t be the only person who was enticed to OCP12 for this item at the beginning.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 15 November 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#32 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

and i can't be the only one who traded an imperial ring for it. please at least give us boxter event.

#33 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

30M cuz it’s established to be crap now lol. The chance to draw this BS wasn’t high to begin with. At the start it went for 100m over as people didn’t know it’s aftercast delay was so little.

clearly almost everyone was misled to think that it gave 24% from description, and i can’t be the only person who was enticed to OCP12 for this item at the beginning.

this

and i can't be the only one who traded an imperial ring for it. please at least give us boxter event.

and this

if they can compensate for their dumb mistake

testing this testing that as they so speak before such grand release

and yet they didn't bother with the item description w/c is definitely the most important thing?

comon you can do better than this WP

#34 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:23 AM

I'm not one to waste my time arguing semantics. 

Bruh, to be fair, it is not even "ok" equipment anymore.

I for one would not trade the 20% ranged damage from FAW EA enchant and the FAW's stats damage as well for a technically 10% delay. 

So no, this is not a great piece anymore. Can't even consider using it in lieu of FAW EA. 

If this was 24% could have considered it to replace FAW at some build.

Did you really say someone made a mistake by putting 2% instead of 1%???  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by 1299150619045824270, 16 November 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#35 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

thinking that it is the same as Malache Skin[1] aspd

#36 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

thinking that it is the same as Malache Skin[1] aspd

Aspd + 1% for every combined sum of 20 base Str and Luk. - Malachi Skin

Did malachi skin changed from 2% to 1%???

#37 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

Bruh, to be fair, it is not even "ok" equipment anymore.

I for one would not trade the 20% ranged damage from FAW EA enchant and the FAW's stats damage as well for a technically 10% delay. 

So no, this is not a great piece anymore. Can't even consider using it in lieu of FAW EA. 

If this was 24% could have considered it to replace FAW at some build.

Did you really say someone made a mistake by putting 2% instead of 1%???  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Bruh, to be fair, you're not considering other builds. What about physical classes that don't care about EA? This is a great garment for my RC GX which specifically stacks physical ATK + skill delay. It's also great for bow classes that already have a metric ton of EA but need to stack more physical ATK to get the benefits of their giant ranged damage mod that is mostly feeding off of their status ATK (AKA the kind that doesn't benefit from endow or %atk cards).

FFS it gives you a built in Wakwak card, an Undead Knight F card, half of a kiel effect, Int, Dex, MDEF, resistance to two races and two elements, and is still slotted for whatever else you want to put in.

How the hell is that not "great" ? In many cases, it could even give you more DPS than an EA FAW since we can already stack so much bloody EA from a ton of other sources. 

#38 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Bruh, to be fair, you're not considering other builds. What about physical classes that don't care about EA? This is a great garment for my RC GX which specifically stacks physical ATK + skill delay. It's also great for bow classes that already have a metric ton of EA but need to stack more physical ATK to get the benefits of their giant ranged damage mod that is mostly feeding off of their status ATK (AKA the kind that doesn't benefit from endow or %atk cards).

FFS it gives you a built in Wakwak card, an Undead Knight F card, half of a kiel effect, Int, Dex, MDEF, resistance to two races and two elements, and is still slotted for whatever else you want to put in.

How the hell is that not "great" ? In many cases, it could even give you more DPS than an EA FAW since we can already stack so much bloody EA from a ton of other sources.

I will not even use this for my RC GX. Lol. You can stack the additinal attack if you have int & dex. But most of the RC GX puts Str/Agi/Dex/Luk on their stats. In your point of view it is great but for some of us its just a normal ocp gear. And i think even if you stock lots of EA using this garment, i dont think it will beat faw.

#39 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Just because it is clearly better than Eden gears, doesnt make it a 'great' gear.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 16 November 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#40 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

interesting. 

are you going for 120int 120dex on a RC GX?

or how does it work? this is a very interesting build you have there.

kindly enlighten, i'm keen to understand the greatness behind this concept.

Reduces damage taken from Shadow and Undead property attacks by 5%.
Reduces damage taken from Demon and Undead race enemies by 5%.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Restores 10 SP to the user when a monster is killed by a physical attack.
If upgrade level is +8 or higher,
Atk + 5 for every 20
base Int and Dex.
Reduces the cast delay of skills by 2% for every 20
base Int and Dex.
If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
Restores an additional 10 SP to the user when a monster is killed by a physical attack.

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 16 November 2017 - 10:46 AM.
Red font is for moderation

#41 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

I will not even use this for my RC GX. Lol. You can stack the additinal attack if you have int & dex. But most of the RC GX puts Str/Agi/Dex/Luk on their stats. In your point of view it is great but for some of us its just a normal ocp gear. And i think even if you stock lots of EA using this garment, i dont think it will beat faw.

And when we get additional gear that rewards having high INT for phys atk? Or, you know, just don't get INT at all and get the half bonus from dex (which will be at 90 or 100 anyway). Furthermore, the fact that you get 20SP per kill means that you can stack damage and HP leech and not worry about running out of SP or having to rely on EDA/Vanargand/Incubus/etc. 

FAW does not give you aftercast delay, this gear potentially gives you 13%. Think about that for a second. That's up to 1 additional attack per second for many classes -- and if you are a DB RK, you're rolling with no less than 80% EA already (weapon alone = 40%, shoes = 5-13%, menblatt = 12%, accessories easily 10-30%, armor (if abusive/flattering) for another 20%, etc. 

But whatever, don't use it, I'm not saying it's a great item for your build, I'm saying it's not a mediocre item just because one build doesn't like it. 

Just because it is clearly better than Eden gears, doesnt make it a 'great' gear.

Yes yes, very clever, you sure showed me!

interesting. 

are you going for 120int 120dex on a RC GX?

or how does it work? this is a very interesting build you have there.

kindly enlighten, i'm keen to understand the greatness behind this concept.

Reduces damage taken from Shadow and Undead property attacks by 5%.
Reduces damage taken from Demon and Undead race enemies by 5%.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Restores 10 SP to the user when a monster is killed by a physical attack.
If upgrade level is +8 or higher,
Atk + 5 for every 20
base Int and Dex.
Reduces the cast delay of skills by 2% for every 20
base Int and Dex.
If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
Restores an additional 10 SP to the user when a monster is killed by a physical attack.

When we get the Seraphim of whatever gear that grants tremendous ATK based on INT, I think many will change their tune. Furthermore, you can get half the ATK and aftercast delay and still find it to be very useful for leveling since stacking ASPD is very easy and having tremendously high AGI is no longer necessary for an RC build. My point is that it's got plenty of good use for physical classes. My Shadow Chaser's triangle shot build will benefit tremendously from this as he has high INT/DEX and I can stack an insane amount of EA on him already, so the ability to spam 1 more Triangle Shot per second is huge (and the extra eATK gives me a better balanced modifier). 

I already listed that it has a built in WakWak effect, built in half-kiel effect, built-in undead knight F effect (damage, spammability, SP recovery), it grants you reistance to two races and two elements, and it gives you a bunch of passive bonuses... and on top of all that, it's slotted. How is that not "great"? Because it's not equal to mob scarf? Because it doesn't invalidate a High Wizard Kathryn card? 

Seriously, just because a FAW is better for a Cart Cannon Gen doesn't mean this garment is useless. 

I remember when first OCP came out with toy syringe and everyone thought it was "crap box, nothing good etc." and I'm getting the same flashback. Just because it's not a meta-changing MPV-card destroying gear doesn't mean it's mundane or "only OK".

If you don't want to use it, don't use it, but people's perceptions of what is good or not is ridiculous.

Edited by mildcontempt, 16 November 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#42 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

I'm saying it's not a mediocre item just because one build doesn't like it.

Just because its better than 'mediocre' doesnt mean it is 'great', a more suitable word is 'Fine' or 'Better than average'.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 16 November 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#43 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

You seemed to have missed this the first time; since I'm a nice guy, I'll help bring it to memory.

I'm not one to waste my time arguing semantics. 

EDIT: So is it above average or "better than eden gear"? Don't answer that, I don't care.

Edited by mildcontempt, 16 November 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#44 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:45 PM

When we get the Seraphim of whatever gear that grants tremendous ATK based on INT, 

I already listed that it has a built in WakWak effect, built in half-kiel effect, built-in undead knight F effect (damage, spammability, SP recovery)

not feasible dude.

Seraphim mid gear being that OP when it's release on OCP, it's not going to be accessible for everyone. it will be very costly like giant's protection~mobscarf. then again the keyword is when?

alright let's look at just midgear + garment.

Seraphim + Skin of Gwiber, (120 dex + 120 int)

• Huge Tons of attack + 15% delay 
  • Reduce damage from Undead/Shadow/Demon
  • Build-in Undead knight F effect
  1. in exchange less status point for AGI / VIT / STR
  2. Choice of Temporal Dex/Int? 
  3. Require costly setup to reach high ASPD
  4. weight issue,

newwave + Heroic Bagpack (120 str + whatever)

• Cheaper Setup
  • Base Damage from 120 Str + HBP Bonus + 10% Delay
  • Reduce damage from Neutral (90Vit HBP Bonus)
  • +Temporal Str Boots
  • Easier to reach high ASPD at lower cost
  1. No SP leech upon killing mob

Although i am very bias against the idea of Skin of Gwiber being a useful item.

i tried my best to understand this item. but still. seems thrashy to me, there is absolutely no reason for any physical class to use this item. ( then again i dont think this is even useful for any magical class )

Even when the Seraphim mid gear arrive. better off having 120int with assorted stats and using enforcer cape if you really need that reduce delay aftercast.

Edited by bearl, 16 November 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

what is so hard for ppl to understand that an option just has to be an option, not the best, not anywhere near OP, just another thing

By Odin's beard! Buckos!

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 16 November 2017 - 01:58 PM.
Don't bypass word filter

#46 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

@Bearl

I'm really not in the mood to repeat myself as to why I think it's a good item yet again. I listed it out, if you don't agree, then fine. Don't use it. Jesus, getting 20 SP back per kill alone makes it very useful for new third class characters (which, with the undead knight card, would be 44 SP back per kill), while simultaneously giving you ATK/HIT/Resistance. This alone basically alleviates the need for any SP regen or SP items for classes like Axe-mech, GX, IB RK, OB RG, phys-SC, TC or SB Sura, etc. 

I gave an immediate example of how it's actually (right now) useful for an RC GX*, DB RK, and TS SC (or even Aimed Bolt) builds in that this single piece can make the difference between doing 3-attacks per second to 4-attacks per second (which would out DPS a menblatt EA FAW or whatever).

If it's not a good fit for you, then don't use it.

It's a versatile piece of equipment that allows for more build variability and customization. The very things we need so people aren't running around with cookie cutter builds. 

Anyway, I'm done. I don't care to defend some random items merit incessantly and I've already laid out my thoughts. Feel free to disagree. 

*Lag issues not withstanding. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 16 November 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#47 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

what is so hard for ppl to understand that an option just has to be an option, not the best, not anywhere near OP, just another thing

By Odin's beard! Buckos!

This

#48 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

By Odin's beard! Buckos!

You’re missing out on the aspect of psychology in terms of expectations.

If people see and expected something great, having something mediocre wont cut it. This skin is not a bad item by itself per se, but after what we read and expected out of it originally, it is a major disappointment. Everything is relatively perceived, so it doesn’t satisfy guys who’s read the item description in the website and expected something good.

I’m already thinking our forums reactions are mild for this type of particular disappointment compared to other games i play. Must be due to the fact that we’ve already been constantly disappointed

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 16 November 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#49 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

is full delay reduction RC GX viable now?

#50 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

is full delay reduction RC GX viable now?

its viability always depended on your connection to the server lol. If you had 193 aspd and can do 7spins a sec all the time, then of course it is viable, go ahead and try to get 30% aftercast delay together with 193 aspd.

However, it is mostly recommended only 2 sort of users:
1. the extreme high end who can afford a kiel (no equipment damage lost to achieve 30%) and,

2. the lower end who can’t afford a tengu set/mobscarf+abusive+somerxpensivegarment- since you would have to sacrifice quite a bit of damage from using new wave sunglass, armor slot from medical scrub, and garment from full damage to afterdelay. I would not swap accessories from bako since without them achieving 193 is insanely hard. It’s simply not worth losing that much damage for 2 more spins that might or might not happen depending on the time of the day (your connection to server lol).

Also, if you’re thinking of using this garment to achieve the 7spin a second, you might need to think again. Assuming you had no kiels, and intend to get 20% from else where, even 10% from the garment will require 100int and 100 dex from you. This severely increases the difficulty of you hitting 193 aspd while keeping 120 str.

It’s much more reliable to use the enforcer cape now that it’s working if you’re looking to go this path as it provides 11% aftercast delay no stat investment needed. Commonly, new wave sunglasses and your armor switching to medical scrub might be needed too. Again, the damage lost per spin might not justify your swap if you have access to better gears for these slots and no kiel’s, unless you’re very sure you can always pull 7spins off.

That or use a minstrel like most RKs need to >_>

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 16 November 2017 - 09:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users