Isn't the daily cooldown timer resetting on midnight anymore? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Isn't the daily cooldown timer resetting on midnight anymore?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Kenachi

Kenachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

Hello, guys! How are you? I'm returning to RO and I've heard that daily instances would reset at midnight now, but I've tested yesterday and it does not seem to work. Did WP change it or am I doing anything wrong? Thank You!!

#2 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Last maintenance the reset timer for certain quests were changed due to a bug with the daylight savings transition.

All 16.1 quests were changed to 20 hour cool down timers because of this.

#3 Kenachi

Kenachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

Last maintenance the reset timer for certain quests were changed due to a bug with the daylight savings transition.

Thank you for clearing up my question. Is there any post where I can see what quests are affected for this right now?

#4 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

but non-16.1 daily (nightmare toy factory, faceworm) changed too, its not uniform cooldown again.

can you fix it if its not intended

#5 NGNLsora

NGNLsora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

Yes,buwaya,gmt,clab were changed too it seems.

#6 Kenachi

Kenachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

but non-16.1 daily (nightmare toy factory, faceworm) changed too, its not uniform cooldown again.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I hope that WP fixes it

#7 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, they have to fix it before more ppls find out about this and end up with hundreds of complaints, dont even think its possible to get away with this with such a poor solution to the problem.

:rolleyes:

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

I was so happy to finally have uniform cooldowns...

:sob:

#9 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

https://forums.warpp...al-maintenance/

All timers that reset at 4AM or 1AM have been converted to 20 hour timers.

• It looks like the entire timer set is bugged. Unfortunately we have to convert to function calls that aren't abuse able while the studio looks into this.

#10 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

https://forums.warpp...al-maintenance/

Until when?

#11 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Usually that means back to the drawing board for ~6 months...

To be fair, its hard enough to tackle bug fixes when the people responsible for fixing them are in-house. In iRO's case you need to go through several extra levels of hierarchy to do anything. Meaning, the team in USA needs to document the problem, then communicate that to the HQ's managers, who then prioritize the issue, the assign it to the dev team, who bundles it in to a patch, then sends it back over to iRO, then iRO has to localize and sanity check it, then the players get on and break it in 5 minutes (because that is how we do things in iRO). Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Scuba, 19 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#12 1626160718111500237

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

we want UNIFORM COOLDOWN please fix it back. it's so frustating waiting on the same time again before going in those daily/instances!

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

UNIFORM COOLDOWN

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

At least restore the non 16.1 quests related ones :X

#14 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:12 AM

i wonder what happens on the account that has been ban? hope camp give them another chance because you know players=money salary profit., i hope they not quit., it is very sad when the servers population decrease have mercy on them please

#15 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

i wonder what happens on the account that has been ban? hope camp give them another chance because you know players=money salary profit., i hope they not quit., it is very sad when the servers population decrease have mercy on them please

NO MERCY if they do things against the EULA, its very pointed and have mercy, means they dont respect EULA and Ragnarok Rules of gameplay.

However, i have a clever question for GMs about this. but this aint to be a drama thread. What I really want, its they respect the uniform cooldown in non-16.1 quest. Horror Toy Factory, Faceworm and all the dimensional device.

#16 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

At least restore the non 16.1 quests related ones :X

I second this, but question though, will you be willing to accept this if uniform cooldown reset is gone forever as WP's fix for the EP 16.1 glitches? I mean, not as a temporary solution, but permanent.

#17 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

I second this, but question though, will you be willing to accept this if uniform cooldown reset is gone forever as WP's fix for the EP 16.1 glitches? I mean, not as a temporary solution, but permanent.

i'd rather got uniform cooldown. no need to worry about timer is godsend

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Honestly, I will stop doing all my daily instances (OGH, HTF, Faceworm, CLAB). The issue with the old system is that daily things can get in the way, thus pushing the time forward until you have to miss out due to how the timers work. By having the uniform cooldown it meant that each day you could do all that you needed and could easily adjust it into your day because you could have 1 ~ 9 hour gaps between doing what you would do on a daily basis and knowing that if you had free time the next day you didn't need to wait for your CD timers to fit it into your schedule.

I hope they do bring it back, but if not it will just be Nidhoggur's Nest and ET for me it seems.

#19 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Honestly, I will stop doing all my daily instances (OGH, HTF, Faceworm, CLAB). The issue with the old system is that daily things can get in the way, thus pushing the time forward until you have to miss out due to how the timers work. By having the uniform cooldown it meant that each day you could do all that you needed and could easily adjust it into your day because you could have 1 ~ 9 hour gaps between doing what you would do on a daily basis and knowing that if you had free time the next day you didn't need to wait for your CD timers to fit it into your schedule.

I kinda second this. I was already playing very softly before they brought it, and I had even given up on buying VIP every month because of it. When they implemented this, it boosted a lot my gaming activity and my will to play, and I gave up on giving up on VIP... now that they took it from us again, I don't even know what to think... seriously... Better ban everyone that abused the bug until it's permanently fixed than this "solution"...

#20 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

I hope they do bring it back, but if not it will just be Nidhoggur's Nest and ET for me it seems.

I agree with what you are saying. I've had friends and guildmates doing much fewer daily instances nowadays because of the removal of uniform cooldown reset, I may stop doing them myself too if I dont see signs of it coming back.

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

I will give the studio another week to resolve and then move forward from there.

Our options include

• Returning the daily timer for instances that take an hour to complete
  • Further reducing the 20 hour timer to 16 hours or so to give users greater flexibility on when they do the instances.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:58 PM

I will give the studio another week to resolve and then move forward from there.

Our options include

• Further reducing the 20 hour timer to 16 hours or so to give users greater flexibility on when they do the instances.

Thanks for the update Campitors, both are good options and I hope they will be able to find a way to resolve the problem.

:p_hi:

#23 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Our options include

Thanks camp for this.

I have a question though. What do you mean by "instances that take an hour to complete?"

Doesn't that include all instances except ET?

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Great news, Camp. Although I think 16 hours is overkill, but it's 100% sure to solve the time flexibility problem. Thank you!

#25 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Our options include

20 is still probably okay. There arent many times where I am available outside of a 4 hour window of my normal playing time. But if you're down to go lower to 16, I'll take 16 XD

For the 16.1 quest, it always reset at 4 AM. Is that what is causing the exploit or something? Can other quests be given fixed reset points at varying times?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users