Looking for some BB Knight build opinions - Swordsman Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Looking for some BB Knight build opinions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 M00304525

M00304525

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

Hi Guys & Girls!

Looking for some opinions/advice on my BB knight build as I am fully not aware of Renewal/restart mechanics (old old classic player) 

This is the build I have come up with, with what I think is my understanding from the new mechanics...

STR - 75
AGI - 36
VIT - 80
DEX - 64
LUK - 20
INT - 1

These are all base stats without any job bonuses or buffs/equips.

my main purpose of play is PVM/MVP and when I can find the time to be available(& a guild) WOE as well.

Additionally I am curious as to what kind of accessories people are recommending... as I understand STR accessories are not really beneficial at a certain point?

Any advice is appreciated!

#2 Fleshgod

Fleshgod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

Too much dex imo, people usually go for 50~54, get 30 luck and make sure to have 100 vit and i don't know if you need that much of str although i've seen kinghts with 8x base str . As for accessories you can go for rosary,ring or necklace.

#3 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

You could sack all of AGI, with Preserve and if you decide to mob and then BB you could use those points elsewhere.

#4 M00304525

M00304525

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Great! and indeed the plan is to mob and BB.

Just revised a bit and now have the following base stats.

STR 72
AGI 1
VIT 90
DEX 64
LUK 31
INT 1

Reason for the high DEX is as mentioned, I would like to be able to MVP and as well i was exploring castle 2 earlier and it seems like a really fun place to mob and grind, so with a decent amount of dex should be able to hold my own against wanderers...

and I have just thought of another question/concern I have. 

Currently I am smacking Raydrics/pasana's (i switch when i get bored of the other) both with a 1 hand sword or 2 handed they take 2 bb's to kill.... as either scenario it takes 2 bb's I have chosen to go for the 1hand+shield approach to take on less damage and mob more... but I am thinking that the added ASPD from 2handed sword, might make up for the shield (resulting in same damage taken)  Anyone can share their thoughts/experience on this?

#5 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Just wondering, what is the LUK for other than providing PDodge?

Because I'm also thinking of getting myself a Knight now.

#6 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Keep in mind that you get +10 vit from job bonus, between that and food/gear you have a few points to play around with still.

As far as mobbing goes, if you're killing in 2 casts of BB either way, the thing that puts sword and board ahead is those few attack rounds when you take hits/during the pull. Your ASPD matters less because you should be repositioning between casts anyway to ensure you're hitting all of the gathered mobs.

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:55 AM

I decided to go for the same stat build, except that I will take INT instead of LUK, since I do not have that much of a budget to get SP leeching/recovering equips.

Any recommendations on the stating path?

Like, around 30 dex first, then 50 str?

This is my first time having a Knight, so I don't want to put myself at a disadvantage when I up the wrong stats first.

#8 M00304525

M00304525

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:45 AM

indeed what i did was got a decent amount of dex 20-25 then went ahead and got a bunch of str

This way i was able to bash the hell out of spores/poison spores & elder willows... at about level 30-35 i moved to toy factory bashing cookies (you should get a regular amount of strawberries that you can use to keep on bashing)

I slowly moved to bashing myst cases, but i got annoyed with cruisers so i went bashing at leaf cats... until job change and until i had bowling bash. I heard of people bashing zenorcs or bugs in culverts, but i did not get to try that. 

pretty much up until leaf cats i did not pot much as i gained a level before running out of SP most of the time... leaf cats obviously this was not possible due to horrible base exp...

once i reached about 50s-mid 50s i started pumping VIT so in order to be able to mob and spam BB once i got it because it takes awhile before you actually reach bowling bash level 10. 

my route itself went actually pretty fast and was quite fun, as i noticed there are a bunch of bots on each map, but sometimes the spawn gets all screwed up and you come across a whole mob off monsters in a corner of the map with non bots daring to enter due to the numbers and once you see that and start bashing away you see the exp racking in really fast.

once I had BB10 the real fun began... you can pretty much take your pick and wack away... most people recommend HO's or Bathory I personally have not done either yet...

I pretty much started straight off in pasana's (ignoring the anubis until about lvl 80+) and started wacking away... typically i get 2 undershirts and 100-300k npc loot per hour which more then pays for any pot usage leaving even enough to buy new equips :)

currently i am lvl 87 and switch between pasana's and chiv1/2 i dont see myself changing a character anytime soon as I am still having the time of my life with my knight as i have managed to solo some mvp's already although i broke bank on pots on some occasion so i wont be reattempting them anytime soon, but was a good experience :) 

Regarding your earlier question... so far what i understood from renewel mechanics every few luk points gives an amount of atk hence the reason for getting luk.

#9 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Luk is a good spillover stat if you happen to have spare points, as it does a variety of things that benefit you. I would only invest in it after you're done with the other stats though, it's good for rounding out a finished build.

#10 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Just wondering, what is the LUK for other than providing PDodge?

Because I'm also thinking of getting myself a Knight now.

Luk: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Stats#LUK

Although Luk is often left as the last stat, it easily becomes more valuable than str/dex at high stat points. The exact point depends on your weapon, since 1str = 1 status atk + 0.5% weapon atk, while 3luk = 1 status atk. 3Luk also gives +1 hit, which can allow you to lower your dex more. 

#11 M00304525

M00304525

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

ohhh regarding the extra hit for every 3 luk was news to me, that is really good to know.

thanks for that information!

#12 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:07 AM

What about equipment other than the best NPC stuff?

Like, "cheap" gears and later investments, etc.?

#13 M00304525

M00304525

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

I have a double andre tsurugi which i used and still use for bashing and pasana's... although i have a double bloody claymore now as well which does a ton more damage but still takes 2 swings to kill a mob same as the tsurugi with a shield... 

in my case i sold off the pasana card so I could get some other equips like Bathory Card, but keeping pasana card crossed my mind as it is a useful armor to have for a lot of good leveling places... but here is me hoping i will find another :)

#14 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

13I93XH.png

This is currently my plan.

The +1 on all stats from the amistr backpack are not included there, so i'll achieve 100 vit without buffs.

I'm still unsure about going double Necklace with either 2x Mantis or 2x Spore Cards to save 4 more points in vit and put them elsewhere.

This build above is with 2x Mantis Card.

Edited by TamarisART, 28 November 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#15 XiaoGon

XiaoGon

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

Poll axe[1] is best for BB knight?

#16 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

Poll axe[1] is best for BB knight?

Poll Axe is for spiral pierce because of it's weight, but spiral pierce is not there yet

#17 Phatz

Phatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

if you plan on mvping get more base dex. 64 is good. You need the hit for the majority of nice mvps to farm solo or in a group. 80 base VIT is fine

#18 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

Poll Axe is for spiral pierce because of it's weight, but spiral pierce is not there yet

Poll Axe is still a significant piece of gear because it's a one handed spear with high attack power. I'd take one over a Flamberge both for attack power and utility, it's definitely a very viable weapon until trans classes come out.

#19 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Poll Axe is still a significant piece of gear because it's a one handed spear with high attack power. I'd take one over a Flamberge both for attack power and utility, it's definitely a very viable weapon until trans classes come out.

I don't know, the poll axe has 10 base attack more but 1 slot less and it's easier to acquire a high refined flamberge (both are weapon level 3) and both have 100% on medium damage

Edited by TamarisART, 29 November 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#20 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

I don't know, the poll axe has 10 base attack more but 1 slot less and it's easier to acquire a high refined flamberge (both are weapon level 3) and both have 100% on medium damage

Both are easy to refine, and the poll axe has a major advantage in that it can be used with all of the Knight skills, where a flamberge cannot. Also, if you're mounted the size modifiers don't matter when using a spear, and if you aren't mounted you're doing Knight wrong. Really the only advantage a flam has over the poll axe is an extra slot, damage cards might show flam pulling ahead using BB spam over time but as far as utility goes poll axe wins.

Edited by DisposableHero, 29 November 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#21 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

The only spear you need in woe is a Zephryus[3] triple bloody or doble bloody boned[not sure which is better, no good calcs) spear booming frozen targets in woe/pvp for huge dmg.

Otherwise you need.

Flamberge[2] 2 x hydra
Flamberge[2] Golem Hydra
Claymore[2] 2 x hydra
Mailbreaker[3] Golem  2x status cards 
Swordbreaker[3] Golem 2x status cards
Muramasa(emp breaking)
Katana[4] Golem 3x agi/vit cards 
Zweihander double hydra (goodluck getting this at the moment unless youre rich)

Take in mind im not 100% sure which is better dbl hydra or hydra boned, no reliable calcs. I use double bloody cause it worked better for pvm at the time. But if it was for a weapon worth 250mil+ or billions id research on the hydra boned before carding it.

#22 XiaoGon

XiaoGon

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Why not pike[4] for woe?
It’s low atk?

Edited by XiaoGon, 29 November 2017 - 06:25 PM.

#23 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Hydra Boned does more damage, skel worker adds a bit of attack at the cost of some % and damage cards of differing types compound on one another.

I actually have a +10 pike with 2x hydra and 2x skel worker, I use it as one of multiple backup weapons and for spear boom. Sometimes I pierce with it for fun, but people always run when I do that. The damage isn't terrible with it, but it's not great either.

#24 TamarisART

TamarisART

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Both are easy to refine, and the poll axe has a major advantage in that it can be used with all of the Knight skills, where a flamberge cannot. Also, if you're mounted the size modifiers don't matter when using a spear, and if you aren't mounted you're doing Knight wrong. Really the only advantage a flam has over the poll axe is an extra slot, damage cards might show flam pulling ahead using BB spam over time but as far as utility goes poll axe wins.

Yeah, as i said, both have 100% on size modifier.

Of course the chance it the same when it comes to refining, but it's easier to get 10 flamberges than 10 poll axes so the chance to get a high refined flamberge is bigger than one for the poll axe, except you're very lucky on you first attempt of course

#25 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

Knights have a 100% modifier against all sizes when using a spear and mounted, take a look at peco riding. Swords only get 100% on medium size. Like I said before, the Poll Axe wins for utility.

Edited by DisposableHero, 29 November 2017 - 08:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users