koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:14 AM

Is it any good if I happen to pair it with a FAW EA7(4-2-1) for the combo? Or will it still be outshined with FAW EA10 and say a bako or keraunos?

I am also planning to make a DB RK, and will share the said items. I know for one that most DB RKs choose the FLP-Sarrah's Earrings (EA2-EA1) path, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to farm for the shards. That's why I thought that the FAW EA7 and FLP can be used by both RG and RK.

Any thoughts and insights will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PS
Below is the current set-up I use for my RG:

+9 Pollution EMH
Feathers of Protection
Jinn Marin Balloon
+10 EDA (mobbing) | +9 FDA (MVP)
+12 AK Imperial Spear EA8
+10 Resistant MBS
+9 FAW EA10 of Shooter
Temporal Boots STR EA4 BP
Imperial Ring
Bakonawa Tattoo

Planned set-up for DB RK:

+10 and above Stamina MSH
New Wave Sunglasses
+10 EDA (for leech/ to be replaced with Med Scrubs if budget permits)
+9 Tae Goo Lyeon EA Enchants ( EA8 at least)
+9 FAW EA7 (4-2-1) of Shooter 
+9 Superior Temporal Dex  Boots
Fairy Leaf Powder
Ur's Seal SP+250

#2 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:06 AM

A lot will depend on your current setup, but I think FAW 421 with FLP and imperial ring is better most of the time.

Imperial ring is BIS for CS/VP RG, so its spot for one of the accessories is fixed. For the other one, you simply need to compare FAWEA10 with Giant's Protection/Bako (depending on whether you need the extra aspd to hit 193) against FAW421 with FLP. 

FAWEA421 with FLP = 14% + 17% = 31% ranged.

FAWEA10 with Giant's protection = 20% ranged, 5% atk and 50 atk

FAWEA10 with Bako= 20% range, 7% atk and 10%aspd. Bako's 7% atk loses to giant protection and FLP without that 50 atk, but if you need it to hit 193 VP, then it is the winner by default.

So honestly, you're comparing between 11% range attack vs 5%atk/50atk.  I would say 11% range usually gives more damage due to its unfair advantage as a final modifier unless you're already stacked full of ranged damage modifier. 

#3 koplikop

koplikop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

A lot will depend on your current setup, but I think FAW 421 with FLP and imperial ring is better most of the time.

Imperial ring is BIS for CS/VP RG, so its spot for one of the accessories is fixed. For the other one, you simply need to compare FAWEA10 with Giant's Protection/Bako (depending on whether you need the extra aspd to hit 193) against FAW421 with FLP. 

FAWEA421 with FLP = 14% + 17% = 31% ranged.

FAWEA10 with Giant's protection = 20% ranged, 5% atk and 50 atk

FAWEA10 with Bako= 20% range, 7% atk and 10%aspd. Bako's 7% atk loses to giant protection and FLP without that 50 atk, but if you need it to hit 193 VP, then it is the winner by default.

So honestly, you're comparing between 11% range attack vs 5%atk/50atk.  I would say 11% range usually gives more damage due to its unfair advantage as a final modifier unless you're already stacked full of ranged damage modifier. 

Thanks for the input! I have not given a thought about Giant's protection due to it being expensive in Thor, so I did nor really consider it. lol 

So I guess for a more budget-friendly approach the FAW EA 4-2-1 + FLP  wins over others, and it provides the highest ranged modifier as well.

The downside to this build I think is reaching aspd 193. With the Imperial RIng and FLP on the slots I can only do as much as 191 aspd (this is with VIP buffs, Berserk Pots, Guarana Candy and Celermine). But I don't really mind not having max aspd since PH has crappy internet, and I can't really spam VP that fast ( I have a gaming mouse but still not sure if I can arrange a macro for VP spamming)

I guess I'll look to trade my faw then :) 

Thanks a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users