• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

I dont play Woe yet but i noticed that the really big guilds seem to regularly get 3-6 castles every week while still holding their invest. How do you even compete as a solo guild if your opponent has 6 times the income for woe gear/alche mats/mini boss & mvp cards/godlikes? Doesnt really make me want to play gvg here.

#2 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

Feels like the WOE here is just that couple of usual guilds. Doubt there will be new guilds competing any time soon, especially given their numbers! You should see their army.  :heh:

Edited by rhexis, 26 November 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#3 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

the small guilds would have probably been bigger if there weren't 3000 bots ruining the fun, like really searching for 1 monster is a pain, it's a shame you can't pk in this game.. this is why i dont play anymore.

Edited by Kerbera, 26 November 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#4 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

the small guilds would have probably been bigger if there weren't 3000 bots ruining the fun, like really searching for 1 monster is a pain, it's a shame you can't pk in this game.. this is why i dont play anymore.

The bot population is less than that.    If you have an issue with the bots submit a ticket and post in the air strike thread.    It's still easy to level.    Do Payon 1 till lvl 25.    Wolves till lvl 35.  Porc's till job 50.   Granted that map needs to be wiped of bots but a lot of people are there to level too.    TF2 isn't near as populated as it used to be.    

24/7 is a new guild and they got two castles.     I think they are new at least.   There are a lot of smaller guilds that still get castles.      A strategy does affect the end parts of WoE.   

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

A lot of the spare castles they are getting are actually empty - it has little to do with their size vs other guilds and more to do with that they can send more groups to empty castles.

A small guild can take empty castles too. But if you consider yourself a "small" guild you shouldn't be aiming to compete with the "big" ones. 

Edited by Xellie, 26 November 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#6 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

it's just a desire

or you with you "small" guild can cry on forum and not take any castle ever.

just growin, and make ally with other small guild

see, even VH make ally too, despite the fact that they spoke that they solo (non-ally) guild  :rice:

anyway, you can blowin on the any big guild in ally, its a way to sucsess too  :rice:

#7 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

big guilds also supply more people, so it's relative 

#8 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Oh ok, so its more of a population problem. Got it.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

Oh ok, so its more of a population problem. Got it.

Yeah, there's actually worryingly few guilds on restart

#10 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, there's actually worryingly few guilds on restart

http://choobs.org/odinwoe/index

looks much better than:

http://choobs.org/renewalwoe/index

http://choobs.org/renewalwoe2/index

http://choobs.org/classicwoe/index

http://choobs.org/classicwoe2/index

Edited by senpa1, 26 November 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#11 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

define 'big' i would it put like this:

56-70+ allianz (able to hold 1-2 eco ,or 1 eco and several (4+) other castles  at the end)

48-56 full guild (able to hold 1 eco, or 3-4  castles at the end)

30-48 functional woe guild (able to hold 2-3 castles at the end)

18-24 functional roaster  (able to hold 1-2 castles at the end)

10-18 barely working roaster (sometimes able to hold 1 castle at the end)

<10 luck take (sometimes able to get a castle at the end by last hit)

Edit: Please keep in mind that this is a rough estimate and doesnt mean that anyone has to take this literally. Equip, Playerskill, charakter level and nature of the given roasters/partys etc. can shift this quite easily to your advantage or against it

Edited by RealGarion, 26 November 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

As the only guild currently WoEing on classic I don't disagree. But that doesn't mean it's healthy. 

#13 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

dominating with 150 people (2-3 fullforce guilds) isnt fun tbh.

#14 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

it's just a desire

Well maybe for now the small guilds are crying as you say, but later will be the big guilds who will cry and leave the server because there will be nothing to fight just like Renewal 1, they dont learn the pass mistakes, i not saying dont grow up your guild but doing bully to small guilds... the only ones will complain later will be them, is not like i play WoE or care at all, i just worried because if WoE start to die then PvM die too.

#15 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

Well maybe for now the small guilds are crying as you say, but later will be the big guilds who will cry and leave the server because there will be nothing to fight just like Renewal 1, they dont learn the pass mistakes, i not saying dont grow up your guild but doing bully to small guilds... the only ones will complain later will be them, is not like i play WoE or care at all, i just worried because if WoE start to die then PvM die too.

They can "bully" or brag all what they want, as long as they are clean. Botting and exploiting bugs to make it "better" guild discourage the rest who knows how they got where they are, by "any" methods.

#16 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

You don't understand competitive nature, limiting guild/alliance size can't be self-imposed.

Why should guild A and B decide to limit their guild when they know guild C and D will not and therefore become stronger than them? It's not wise to shoot yourself in the foot for no reason. 

If the GM's had the ability and/or knowledge to than they should adjust guild cap and alliance amount to fit the server's WoE population (instead of having the default amounts 10 years after it no longer makes sense). 

FOR EXAMPLE/HYPOTHETICALLY:

Maybe max guild of 45 and alliance cap of 1 makes more sense on this server, compared to the current of 56 and 3. 

Edited by senpa1, 26 November 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#17 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

Maybe max guild of 45 and alliance cap of 1 makes more sense on this server, compared to the current of 56 and 3. 

for what?

its anti-p2w(snl) idea? 

but small guilds like our (yumyum) wanna grow too, and as only russian woe guild we need more ppl, and now we have 2 fullguilds, we wanna more soon as possible

and  25 & 1 ally  is not change anything

small guild just can find a equal guild to make ally agains stronger guild, or all  10+ guild think what they can beat a-grade guild easy as f. ?

#18 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

You don't understand competitive nature, limiting guild/alliance size can't be self-imposed.

Why should guild A and B decide to limit their guild when they know guild C and D will not and therefore become stronger than them? It's not wise to shoot yourself in the foot for no reason. 

If the GM's had the ability and/or knowledge to than they should adjust guild cap and alliance amount to fit the server's WoE population (instead of having the default amounts 10 years after it no longer makes sense). 

FOR EXAMPLE/HYPOTHETICALLY:

that would work if we werent cheaters by nature.

what i mean is, what is there to prevent the people from making sub guilds in diferent aliances and split the defense/ofense zone so that the power is the same, but thye bypass the limit.

on another notion, there should be a way to limit the amount of casstles a guild can aim to get, that way people woud focus more on theyr main target castle instead on trying as many as posible. i feel that way some small guilds can also hope to get a castle without punishing the guild fights between the big and small ones.

but then again, i am sure people would abuse this (like having a 1 man guild break it and then defend it with the big guild)

Edited by Wolfen, 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#19 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

why does one alliance need 6 castles? If there is a clear benefit then why not take 10?

#20 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

that would work if we werent cheaters by nature.

what i mean is, what is there to prevent the people from making sub guilds in diferent aliances and split the defense/ofense zone so that the power is the same, but thye bypass the limit.

on another notion, there should be a way to limit the amount of casstles a guild can aim to get, that way people woud focus more on theyr main target castle instead on trying as many as posible. i feel that way some small guilds can also hope to get a castle without punishing the guild fights between the big and small ones.

but then again, i am sure people would abuse this (like having a 1 man guild break it and then defend it with the big guild)

It's certainly harder to work together with friendly fire. 

Can't limit castles by guild, can just spread out in multiple different guilds and take castles. 

#21 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

for what?

its anti-p2w(snl) idea? 

but small guilds like our (yumyum) wanna grow too, and as only russian woe guild we need more ppl, and now we have 2 fullguilds, we wanna more soon as possible

and  25 & 1 ally  is not change anything

you're not going to have over 90 people anytime soon lol

Edited by senpa1, 26 November 2017 - 05:02 PM.

#22 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

you're not going to have over 90 people anytime soon lol

90 people 90+ lvl you mean  /fixed

some ppl leveling to 90+ see a bot situation an other bad thing like users who use no delay (you have some members with it too =_=) e.t.c

and leave us , now we have a lot of empty characters, but no have hands for it.

becouse we are not international guild, i think you right, and our chance is a good ally with equal guild, for place in war-world XD

or merge with some big guild, what will show our useless  :heh:

#23 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

It's a problem of distribution. Then again, who knows~

#24 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

90 people 90+ lvl you mean  /fixed

some ppl leveling to 90+ see a bot situation an other bad thing like users who use no delay (you have some members with it too =_=) e.t.c

and leave us , now we have a lot of empty characters, but no have hands for it.

becouse we are not international guild, i think you right, and our chance is a good ally with equal guild, for place in war-world XD

or merge with some big guild, what will show our useless  :heh:

you gotta question yourself tho. how did guild like p2w or SNL became big in the first place? they started out small, and they dont whine about other guilds being bigger than them, but they always adjust and adapt to how the server is. recruit and become a guild that people wanted to join and compete in/againts. also dont expect other guild to cater the way you want to be. its not gonna happen. each guild has different visions. 

#25 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

it's just a desire

see, even VH make ally too, despite the fact that they spoke that they solo (non-ally) guild :rice:

anyway, you can blowin on the any big guild in ally, its a way to sucsess too :rice:

Can you read? Im not in a small guild, i dont even play woe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users