Bots, and where to find them. - Page 4 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bots, and where to find them.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#76 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

After the past 2 weeks I honestly don't know what to think about this.

#77 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Wait. I do recall some people actually trying to push for 1 previously.. 

#78 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

PLEASE MAKE THE ELUNIUM RAFFLE MORE FREQUENT.

AMEN.

#79 Donnginamooo

Donnginamooo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Calling "CM Astra" I haven't got my Silvervine's as prize last 2 weeks ago.... 

#80 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Slotted sunglasses 50m

^ zeny sink

^ pls

#81 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

Yeah and there are better ways like:

1.- Castles give treasures with materials like 1 supplie box= 200 WSS or trade stuff from castles for supplies / materials (Example: Mufflers= 100 Fabrics) and to avoid the botted mufflers make different ID from de Mufflers of castles.

2.- Hunt Missions for a amount os materials / supplies only for high lvs 85+ kill 150 x monster for x amount of materials / supplies. Of course the Bot hunting team will be active in those maps and change the map / monster every week.

3.- Week Events different quest to get a amount of exp and supplies.

4.- PvP event or WoE events outside the normal WoEs Winners gain a good amount of supplies and who dont but participate in the event gain consolation material prize.

etc, there are so many ideas, just need certain limitation like lv or a Active Bot hunter team, but this kind of stuff just dont, but well whatever, dont complain later.

All of those sound cool as well

#82 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

Slotted sunglasses 50m

^ zeny sink

Yes please

#83 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Seeing as how the MvPing scene is already pretty dead (same 2-3 people @ different times of the day), wouldn't taking the Rideword Hat out of the cash shop motivate at least a FEW people to stop sitting in town and form groups to actually try and compete at MvPs or do you guys really just prefer when people toss their cash at the game with their ~*cute*~ hats to sit in town with nothing to do?

Adding this crap to the cash shop just makes it so much less rewarding for people that actually do go out of their way to kill MvPs..

I mean, I doubt it would change much with the current state of the game but come on, give people some motivation to actually do something in the game. Not everything needs to be in the cash shop or purchasable through silvervines/KP. -_-'s lame.

HELLLOOooOOOOo PLS RESPOND

The problem with mvp has less to do with cash shop items and more to do with the fact a knight can kill most mvps solo in <30s with little cost required. Even if you camp the spawn as soon as it is up you will likely miss your chance.

I would love to see the mvp’s get a bit more health so that people can actually have a chance yo compete before they die.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 02 December 2017 - 02:08 PM.
Edited in quote

#84 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

rSYi8kq.png

GMs just shared this haul of bad users.

#85 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Is it possible to get these more frequently? Once a day at least would make the community happy. Maybe have a thread where the GM support team that does airstrikes can post their casualties?

#86 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

rSYi8kq.png

Cool Pic Campi, but we need 20 of those daily to fix this server.

#87 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Cool Pic Campi, but we need 20 of those daily to fix this server.

Like, literally, right now in Geffen.

#88 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

The problem with mvp has less to do with cash shop items and more to do with the fact a knight can kill most mvps solo in <30s with little cost required. Even if you camp the spawn as soon as it is up you will likely miss your chance.

I would love to see the mvp’s get a bit more health so that people can actually have a chance yo compete before they die.

Everty time i go to Geffen dungeon 2 to kill deviruchis and nightmares my wish is someone come fast to kill Doppel but seems players dont care hunt him so much, only in the night is where are like 3 or 4 players and they take so much to kill him lol, same in Orc Dungeon that Orc Hero dont let me farm sometimes, but i agreed with you in the MvP, at least the old ones need buffs, like more HP, better damage, IA and change some drops.

rSYi8kq.png

that looks like the Bot hunting team work in 1 map for only a few mins, but well, at least is something so thank you.

#89 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

rSYi8kq.png

I could log on and prolly see that many bots standing in one place

#90 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

I think that we are not appreciating efforts towards anti-botting services due to the magnitude of the situation. And also how more experienced players can recognize bots as well as dual clienting bots... The no accusatory policy when reporting bots makes not much sense. And I think there are enough maps mentionned on the Bot Report thread to have them cleaned consistently. You can't deny the fact that you kind-of use this thread to shut us up and make us think work is being done, theres easily a 1-2 week wait period on airstrikes and more than often most of us give up reporting after a while, especially after nuked maps are filled again with bots.

Why don't you just note down highly reported maps and do strafing runs tree times a day at an unexpected hour?
Why don't we have a GM we can contact ingame for botting? Are they too busy because it seems that they've caught a meh amount of bots
Leaving a GM only for Bots in-game WHO IS WHISPERABLE if you want cheap then if you outsource your labor to a third world country, so he/she can stay on 24/7 and make sure you sign an employment contract and check if you can get a subsidy from the government.

Players themselves can verify bots by: 
Hanging out at warp points and casting Sanctuary (All bots at a % HP will stand up and move) or
I you want heal the mob they hit (They will reply "pls stop..." letter for letter) or
Just hang out close to spawn points and notice the Priests that stand up to cast a skill exactly when it expires then sits down again or
Just hang out in cities near kafras and notice that bots come to storage on a timer, and because of the default scripts they always head to one specific cell so they all start bumping each other or

Packet change and warp to all dungeons/towns and look at the bots that stand there idling?

#91 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

that looks like the Bot hunting team work in 1 map for only a few mins, but well, at least is something so thank you.

you do realize that they have to test those bots 1 by 1, right? i've seen Oda stream and he does bot hunts live at times. he takes a bit of time to test a character which includes summoning the player around and Oda chatting a bit to confirm that he is indeed a bot. they have to gather supporting evidence to boot. just by looking at the sides and rows, it's about 60 bots in there. if a GM takes 30 seconds minimum to fully test a character, then that alone took 30 mins.

question for the CM team, is this a haul by only 1 gm or collective by the entire GM team?

Edited by TenkU4dKeeL, 30 November 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#92 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

i already lost the interest to play this Game, nothing to do. I would like to PvP but the pvp rooms are always empty, WoE is the only thing where i have fun.
So all i do is just being afk for 1 week, and i feel like to quit, not even Battlegrounds are working and only 1 x WoE each week isnt enough

Edited by Ryuuz0, 30 November 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#93 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

you do realize that they have to test those bots 1 by 1, right? i've seen Oda stream and he does bot hunts live at times. he takes a bit of time to test a character which includes summoning the player around and Oda chatting a bit to confirm that he is indeed a bot. they have to gather supporting evidence to boot. just by looking at the sides and rows, it's about 60 bots in there. if a GM takes 30 seconds minimum to fully test a character, then that alone took 30 mins.

question for the CM team, is this a haul by only 1 gm or collective by the entire GM team?

This is a haul by 1 GM, and you're correct, GM's must test each suspicious character one-by-one before they can confirm if it's being run by a third party program. 

#94 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

i already lost the interest to play this Game, nothing to do. I would like to PvP but the pvp rooms are always empty, WoE is the only thing where i have fun.
So all i do is just being afk for 1 week, and i feel like to quit, not even Battlegrounds are working and only 1 x WoE each week isnt enough

As a fellow Pvp player, I know what you mean. The reason pvp is dead though is because of renewal mechanics, and not because they are too few people interested in pvp or dont have the gear or time.

In classic the rooms were filled with wizards, priests and several hunters/knights/bs.

Now you only need one guy to nuke the map with traps which oneshot you. Not very engaging.

Battlegrounds with Woe dmg reduction and maybe a trap dmg nerf might give people something to do instead of waiting for 2 hours of Saturday.

Edited by yoyoninetail, 30 November 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#95 AlexFoo

AlexFoo

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Locationhttps://t.me/pump_upp

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

I'm new. So let me give a perspective.

Either allow me to bot (make it fair), or ban all the bots (make it fair).

They achieve lv99 with software while I need to work my way grinding

They are far more richer while I'm poor even if I collect all jeloppy from the ground.

Let's restart the server. Instant ban on bots no question asked. Ban IP for one month. Anything resurfaces, ban for two months.

#96 SoulLoki

SoulLoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

I'm new. So let me give a perspective.

Either allow me to bot (make it fair), or ban all the bots (make it fair).

They achieve lv99 with software while I need to work my way grinding

They are far more richer while I'm poor even if I collect all jeloppy from the ground.

Let's restart the server. Instant ban on bots no question asked. Ban IP for one month. Anything resurfaces, ban for two months.

No perspective, Campitor not gonna buy antibot guard.

Now online is 3k-4k=~400-700 real players, ~400-600 merchants (ty ragi.al) and ~2200-3000 bots. Hello point of no return :/

I think community may donate money for antibot shield. But WP not answer on this supply. So it looks like WP gathered people for PhRO/ragnarok zero. And now closing this server.

Edited by SoulLoki, 30 November 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#97 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Not anti-3rd party shields promised but issue to be brought to studios on Friday... I'm going to keep my hopes up until we get a compte-rendu of what happened during the meeting and what measures are planned to deal with the 3rd party programs.

#98 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

That has been suggested before and not only is it bad business for many reasons, there is also no guarantee it would be "effective enough."

I assume they do instantly and permanently ban the bots they catch. The thing is that they have to catch them.

But botting is a perma ban offense.

It looks like WP gathered people for PhRO/ragnarok zero. And now closing this server.

Unfounded conspiracy theories get tiring after a while.The server isn't closing at all. Some people are just "Chicken Littles" and like to claim such things (and I don't mean you specifically).

There isn't much way of people knowing how much the population of real players has fluctuated. What we do know is that the server was absolutely infested with bots when it was at about 8k, so the bot population is definitely vastly reduced compared to how it was at one point by a far larger ratio than the player population could possibly be.

#99 SoulLoki

SoulLoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

That has been suggested before and not only is it bad business for many reasons, there is also no guarantee it would be "effective enough."

I assume they do instantly and permanently ban the bots they catch. The thing is that they have to catch them.

But botting is a perma ban offense.

Unfounded conspiracy theories get tiring after a while.The server isn't closing at all. Some people are just "Chicken Littles" and like to claim such things (and I don't mean you specifically).

There isn't much way of people knowing how much the population of real players has fluctuated. What we do know is that the server was absolutely infested with bots when it was at about 8k, so the bot population is definitely vastly reduced compared to how it was at one point by a far larger ratio than the player population could possibly be.

3 Discord channels - empty (~50 messages in general per day from 3-4 same ppl), Anubis/raydrics/Anollians spot's - empty(or ~5ppl in party). I can't reach 99 lvl from 97 last 2 weeks. Tryed different time and still no hope.
My guild have Guild Dungeon, but my mates don't wanna play, they started new on another server X__x Because of "OH I FARMED RAYDRIC WHOLE WEEK AND SOLD IT AS 30m AND NOW IT COST 50M!" or "I can't farm bathory because dat man again started his 12 bot-monks"  Inflation faster than farmers :/ 

All look's good if you have 99 lvl character and playing only as merchant/Woe. But it's really bad when you trying to farm or get exp :/

#100 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:26 AM

3 Discord channels - empty (~50 messages in general per day from 3-4 same ppl)

All look's good if you have 99 lvl character and playing only as merchant/Woe. But it's really bad when you trying to farm or get exp :/

Find better discords? idk. (not to mention the fact in some discords, people prefer to voice chat more than type - at least some individuals do)

I'm actually in the latter category of people you listed. Don't assume that everyone who doesn't think the sky is falling has it made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users