18 replies to this topic

#1 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

I know this has been a long issue that hasn't been fully fixed. However is there anything players can do on our end to help reduce the chances of our clients from crashing (not responding)? Is it possible to work around the problem instead of directly resolving the problem? Is there any possible additional add-on programs that Rose can make for the community to reduce the odds of our clients crashing?

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

I wasn't active at this time but from what I've heard it initially happened after Patch 617 which reduced the damage of aoes hitting multiple targets, though this patch didn't cause crashes, only heavy amounts of lag in large scale combat within the game arena modes. There was then another patch shortly after that that attempted to fix the lag in which then caused the crashes we still have 14 months later today.

So basically, before the changes to aoe damage were implemented the notorious game arena crashing didn't occur either.

#3 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

14 months....

#4 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Credit to Trang

898IhPl.jpg

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:12 AM

You forgot Dungeons are solo-able Trang, in that comic. tsk tsk. Wtb Raids or 10man Hardmode Dungeons.

#6 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Could this have something to do with it?

https://forums.warpp...pvp-match-ends/

#7 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

only thing i can say is that when you crash, dont close out right away, if your character dies you will be able to relog and get back into the match (without losing ur progress/kills).

that being said, if you know the other team crashed, kill em unless they are in the safezone so they can relog and get back into the game. 

#8 gosmoy

gosmoy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:gosmoyy
  • LocationNear The Entrance Of Catacombs
  • Server:There's Just One

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

omg, the groupping bug has been not clear yet Xd, cant join CD/AA lots people in group make ROSE Online Exe Crash.

hope will go be fixed ASAP

#9 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

I wonder why this problem is still here after a year...

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

Because people keep spending money on the LS. [I'm being only half sarcastic here]

If they're not losing money, then there's 'no problem'. Personal opinion btw. 

#11 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

I know this is not the correct topic for it but its atleast about GA and i didnt feel like opening a new topic.

So besides all those crashes can someone explain to me how the cluster and essence sytsem works?

I always thought there was a system behind it but lets take DP as an example.

My team wins, we have defeated dragon, my char has collected a few kills and I also carried eggs and then i suddenly end up with no essence at all but a high amount of clusters.

For the same example i have already recieved low clusters but a few essence.

Sometimes i dont even win and get essence, or join the game very late and still get clusters and essence.

May someone explain to me how that rewarding system works? Or is it just random?! :D

I play dp a lot and its always a surprise at the end what ill get  :D

Greetings

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

In short.

Essences and Clusters are given based on a class metric, and performance + winning conditions.

If you do good, you get more, but you have to meet certain metrics to open up higher likelihood of getting the harder materials. Winning, gives a larger pool of materials. However if you crash, DC, or leave, you get nothing as the rewards are handed out as a consolidated reward, instead of receiving it as you progress through the match. 

Damage Classes typically get rewards from: Dealing Damage, Killing Targets.

Support Classes typically get rewards from: Healing.

Tank Classes typically get rewards from: Dealing Damage to Taunted targets, Dealing Damage and Killing Targets.

All Classes get rewards from all of the above should you opt for a more balanced or hybrid approach. Including dealing damage to taunted targets, if someone else taunts, and you deal damage, it still counts.

All Classes get rewards from performing the objectives.

DP: Capturing Eggs, Returning Eggs, Killing Dragons.

AA + CD: Destroying Crystals, Killing Players within a certain Radius of Crystals, Staying near Crystals [Defending Team Only].

Again, Even with all of the sources above, should you leave, disconnect or CRASH, you will forfeit all rewards. You get nothing. 

#13 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Ye i know that when i dc i dont get anything.

But i was talking about similar games, where had similar amount of damage/kills/eggs delivered/drags killed and i still see huge differences in rewards

Maybe i am just mistaken there, but since i do dp a lot it got me a little confused...sometimes the reward just doesnt make any sense

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

There's a 'range' to it. Sometimes you'll get the higher end of the range, sometimes you'll get the lower. It's just another 'fantastic' ROSE RNG mechanic to bleed your soul dry. 

#15 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

For essence I'm inclined to belive it doesn't have to do with your actual performance but essence is divided randomly between the people on your team.

For example if your team wins it'll divide 15 essence between the members if your team. If your team loses it will divided 10 essence between the members of your team.

This is speculation but after hundreds and hundreds of games in Draconis Peaks I beleive it works similar to this.

Edited by Phish, 28 December 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

....Bruce 

#17 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

For essence I'm inclined to Bruce it doesn't have to do with your actual performance but essence is divided randomly between the people on your team.

For example if your team wins it'll divide 15 essence between the members if your team. If your team loses it will divided 10 essence between the members of your team.

This is speculation but after hundreds and hundreds of games in Draconis Peaks I beleive it works similar to this.

So randomly to any action its just getting divided? So it could happen that someone gets all the essence and the rest none?

Cause often enough people in my team dont get essence while i get it or the other way round.

Clusters kinda seem to make sense somehow...but that essence game is still a mysterium to me

#18 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

....Bruce 

Interesting autocorrect... lol

And yes Elovin, thats what it seems like. It's not uncommon that you'll get 150 honor points, and 50 clusters but zero essence, and in other games, you join late, get 20 honor points a few clusters and get 2 essence.

Edited by Phish, 28 December 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

So, I went digging through the logs and archives of the forums to try and see if anything was overlooked.

Seems Reports started to surface Sep 22nd - Sept 28th 2016. 

Sources:
https://forums.warpp...me-arena-areas/

&

https://forums.warpp...tch-notes-v621/

Something I found that might have actually been over-looked as a potential culprit, was this:
https://forums.warpp...tch-notes-v620/

Seems a server side edit was made to address an issue with consumable not properly going on cooldown. Now, I could speculate possibly on how this might cause the issue, but the most logical thing I'll lead with. Perhaps this server side fix forcing a cooldown trigger is somehow bleeding into other cooldowns, or something, I don't know.

But it happened right before reports started to surface about extreme lag spikes, and resulting disconnects. It might not necessarily be the crashes, as they do kinda seem like different results but tbh, who knows. This is just a crap-shoot at something that might have gone under the radar. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users