How do I play this class effectively? I feel like I could be playing this class much better but I'm not really sure what I can improve on. So I'm coming here to ask all fellow Wizards just for some advice! ( Sorry I'm not super specific on what I need help with, maybe a few disscousins will spark my mind on what I'm looking for )
Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:08 AM
Hello Alex! Have you learnt vertical firewall yet? It is a very good technique that helps Wizards solo mobs like Clocks/Alarms
Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:24 PM
We don't know what stage you're at so it's hard to know what you need help with. Do you know how all the elements interact? That's probably the first thing a beginner needs to learn. What skills did you get?
Edited by Seasmoke, 03 December 2017 - 05:26 PM.
Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:48 PM
Yes, I have learned vertical firewall! that's pretty much how I've been doing all my leveling haha.
Also, let me revive this thread with some actual questions
Q1. How much Dex should I be aiming for? right now I have about 65 and my SG is feeling a little slow ( I was following a guide I'll need to find it for reference if anyone asks )
Q2. What about gear? What kind of gear should I be keeping an eye out for?
Q3. Playstyle. Instead of sitting around AoEing at places with pullers. What else could a wizard provide for a party? Or even solo-wise.
So now that I've got a few questions outta the way. Let me know if you guys have any other tips in your wizard books
Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:45 AM
60 Dex is a solid amount and 70 should be plenty. I wish I could give you some specific numbers to work with but stats in renewal aren't that interesting. As long as your stats are in the ballpark of where they need to be, you can stop at whatever odd looking number you want with no rhyme or reason and the character will perform great for general usage and virtually identical in specialized uses to a character whose stats have been selected with every minor consideration in mind. Dex at 80 might be a bit overkill but it always depends what you want to do and what your preferences are. I would hardly consider Dex beyond 80. The ballpark range that you want to land in for Dex is 60-80 base.
For mage gear I would prioritize it like this.
If I'm able to get parties.
1. Evil Bone Wand +0-7 anywhere in there is fine [[The difference in damage compared to NPC wands is enormous and killing faster will speed progression more than anything else. It's best in slot for a long time and has a longer shelf life than 2h staffs.]]
2. +7 Skull Cap [[to combo with the Wand]]
3. Vitata Clip [[Mage classes can't carry a lot of pots. At this stage, regenerating hp/sp or spamming first aid are the biggest causes of down time while grinding/hunting. Even if I'm getting parties consistently I wouldn't want to leave myself unable to solo at a reasonable speed in case I need to.]]
4. Creamy Clip or Phen Clip [[It's easy to hold enough fly wings to stay at your favorite grinding spot for a couple hours. But Creamy will save zeny and let you stay in the deepest dungeons indefinitely, cutting travel times and maximizing grinding time. If I find that I'm getting lots of parties and interruption is a problem then I might prioritize Phen first. By going Phen first I'm making a bet that I will get more parties to make it worth it.]]
5. Phen Clip or Creamy Clip [[The other one.]]
6. Those are the tools for basic progression. After those I'd start to think about Sohee, Raydric, Marc, maybe an all-around Armor like Roda or Pupa just to make life more comfortable.
If I find that I need to solo a lot or if I prefer to solo:
1. Vitata Clip [[Everyone gets hit. We can't carry enough pots to last 1-2 hours. Health is still the biggest source of down time and solving it first is slightly better than buying a weapon first.]]
2. Evil Bone Wand or Creamy Clip [[Chances are that one is much cheaper than the other. I'd get that one first.]]
3. Creamy Clip or Evil Bone Wand [[The other one.]]
4. +7 Skull Cap
5. Phen or skip to 6 [[Depends if I'm getting parties yet.]]
6. Those are the basic tools done. I'd probably get Sohee next to further cut regen time. Then all the rest.
Q3: Not much else. The only other use right now is to spam Ice Wall in guild dungeon to protect the leechers. Knights will leech you for it.
Edited by Seasmoke, 06 December 2017 - 02:08 AM.
Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:48 AM
Thank you so much Seasmoke for the help Sorry in advance for how confusing the thread started off.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users