So I heard there will be a shadow equip quest this 2nd week... - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So I heard there will be a shadow equip quest this 2nd week...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Does it really make a difference? i mean, at this point Penetration seems really Ok (jRO gears,you know).

Oh? "Penetration" is ohkay you say?

Would "Penetration" really make a difference you ask? Well wouldn't you like to know.

On a topical note, jRO gears are the biggest inspiration to this game ever..............

Edited by PervySageMarty, 05 December 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#27 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Well but I prefer the idea that every direct USD $100 purchase on Warpportal webite automatically gives a random piece of the penetration set  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

You are a genius chakri  :p_idea:

It really does make a difference.

Maybe

Oh? "Penetration" is ohkay you say?

Would "Penetration" really make a difference you ask? Well wouldn't you like to know.

On a topical note, jRO gears are the biggest inspiration to this game ever..............

I'm afraid to answer this.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

You are a genius chakri  :p_idea:

Maybe

I'm afraid to answer this.

No maybe about it, the only ones that it wouldn't effect would be Sura/RK since Unfrozen Shadow Set is a very nice item set them if they happen to own a Tao card.

For everyone else, the Penetration and Tempest sets would still be ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> this much better than what is currently available.

#29 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

i thought penetration set doesnt work on players 

#30 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

maybe it will work on iRO

#31 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

maybe it will work on iRO

it won’t. Penetration is, in my opinion, a pvm-evening equipment that supposingly allows other classes to catch up to gene and GX in the PVM department, both of whom ignore defense and deals more damage in fact if enemies have more defense. The only class that will become OP with penetration is probably only rebel with slugshot lol (already one shot kill but now it is gonna send them all straight to hell).

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

it is a further buff for gx far more than any other class '-'

#33 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

it is a further buff for gx far more than any other class '-'

It does buff GX damage in the absolute sense, but you have to look at it relatively. It brings classes with no penetration effect to having penetration effect. that is a huge compared to GX who already have easily accessible penetration effect.

In GX’s case, sure you deal a lot more damage, but since you already have penetration effect readily available, so it’s just a buff in that category. What this means is that compared to GX who already can readily deal with huge defense monsters, the buff effect is bigger for other classes who used to suffer against thrse type of monsters. That’s basically everyone except gene and DB RK.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 December 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#34 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:30 AM

Penetration would help Mechanics/Two Handed RKs/ Royal Guards/ Gunslingers/ Ninjas and any other physical melee/range classes. Very fair in my opinion.

Anyway i want RELOAD shadow set very hard to spam power swing.

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:16 AM

and is a power creep increase that is not needed at all, but sure, lets trivializw the game to the point where a 1/1 novice will 1shot ifrit, that will be a fun game to play.

#36 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:20 AM

i predict in the future a 1/1 novice can solo ifrit using kafra shop items.

#37 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:29 AM

Penetration would help Mechanics/Two Handed RKs/ Royal Guards/ Gunslingers/ Ninjas and any other physical melee/range classes. Very fair in my opinion.

Not fair, do you know the consequences of buffing up a ninja in TE. lmao. Two handed RK's and most RG's are already celebrating because of whatever Bio5 and the recent updates have given them. Only thing I'm worried about right now are rangers.

I +1'd you so I felt the need to post. I cringe, how do I -1 I'm very sorry. I just really don't agree

Edit: idk if you were sarcastic, if you are then I'll give you my +1 back in my consciousness just as how I gave you a -1

Edited by DarkOrinus, 06 December 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#38 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:34 AM

and is a power creep increase that is not needed at all, but sure, lets trivializw the game to the point where a 1/1 novice will 1shot ifrit, that will be a fun game to play.

I know that you are exaggerating, but consider this angle: currently only gene, doram and gx is able to easily cheese ifrit, as well as easily own most of the games content. Any player that started with a wrong class or chose to play a class that isn’t any of these just gets stuck most of the time, unless they splurge enormous amounts of time, effort and/or money to make their character only just as efficient. It’s not really that cool when we’re considering that RO has somewhat turned into a game with a focus on PVM content that’s mostly limited to individuals or just small groups.

It’s like how much damage you do is basically none of another guys business. Most of us aren’t competing for field MVP, rather playing in their own instances either alone or just with their group of friends, but a huge penalty is there for those guys who didn’t start off with the right MVP characters

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 December 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

i wish i was exagerating, but knowing the kind of gear jRO and kRO already have, it would be entirelly possible to solo ifrit on a novice '-'

#40 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

I know that you are exaggerating, but consider this angle: currently only gene, doram and gx is able to easily cheese ifrit, as well as easily own most of the games content. Any player that started with a wrong class or chose to play a class that isn’t any of these just gets stuck most of the time, unless they splurge enormous amounts of time, effort and/or money to make their character only just as efficient. It’s not really that cool when we’re considering that RO has somewhat turned into a game with a focus on PVM content that’s mostly limited to individuals or just small groups.

It’s like how much damage you do is basically none of another guys business. Most of us aren’t competing for field MVP, rather playing in their own instances either alone or just with their group of friends, but a huge penalty is there for those guys who didn’t start off with the right MVP characters

I know it isn't for me tell me also if i'm annoying, but I get your point, I thought the same. But you know, even other MMO's have this setup. They have tanks at the front whether they be for evasion or mitigation, damage and supports at the back. That's why we have class capacity balance. That was why I got a little disappointed with the other OCP items, it destroyed this just because most are solo hungry. :v

I honestly think people liked the limit, people liked the exploring and finding out what their class was good at. It was just the envy over another class (yes I'm looking at you genetics) that made it out of hand.

back to topic anyway, something you give for the benefit of one class benefits another in other ways. So the rich doesn't only get richer, but the powerful also get more powerful. and that's what's happening.

Edit: a point of yours I didn't answer, now is the most time people have gotten to solo more because of more powerful items creeping around. the past was all limits, RO was healthier 

Edited by DarkOrinus, 06 December 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#41 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

You know, the concerns about power creep isn’t wrong, but what we had for years was that only 2-3 classes were extremely strong while others ranged from very weak to moderately strong.

Games always balance out eventually by 2 ways, nerfing the extremely strong or buffing others to their levels. Nerfing has always been the unpopular path to go because plenty of people had splurge for their OP characters in an mmorpg context, so it isn’t as easy as D.ota in nerfing heroes, unless something is gamechanging or extremely broken.

And therefore buffing is indeed the direction that kRO and jRO both went. Each class is given capabilities to do insane -_- in their own ways. If most classes are OP (except those 100% intenddd to support i guess) and mostly capable of doing what another class is able to, then nothing is really that OP. Every class would be fun to play and viable. That’s why most of us like to look at jRO even though almost everything is broken as -_- there. Every class works. Period.

If we stay too selective, it’s going to skew class balance even more because we don’t have everything for every class (that’s exactly what we face here, only certain classes got their OP -_- ) nor do i think we really know what’s good for balance because we don’t have the whole overview. Let the real developers balance the game for us by not filtering only things we personally like and moderators wouldn’t have had so much trouble in deciding what to bring in the first place.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 December 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#42 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

no words from me cause i'm starting to like your idea.  :p_laugh:

good thing we don't have a shadow set wish list like the other thread with all the requests for future boxes #oops (or will there be?) (or is this one?!) 

#43 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

If it went into cash shop, it'd be based on RNG.

If it's put into game, it'll be based on RNG to drop.

You sure you want that?

---------------------------------------------

Class shadow sets that reduce cool downs for skills (like Ignition Break) are a better solution that a broad high-end MVP card effect available to everyone at no cost to their other abilities. 

Also, I'd like very much for kRO to push the change that EA/Ranged % only works with bow/gun weapons sooner rather than later. I imagine many people will have to update their "classes I complain about.txt". 

#44 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

i wish i was exagerating, but knowing the kind of gear jRO and kRO already have, it would be entirelly possible to solo ifrit on a novice '-'

"Entirelly possible"

Best troll ever.

#45 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Rangers can cheese Ifrit as well.

#46 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

No maybe about it, the only ones that it wouldn't effect would be Sura/RK since Unfrozen Shadow Set is a very nice item set them if they happen to own a Tao card.

For everyone else, the Penetration and Tempest sets would still be ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> this much better than what is currently available.

Until we receive more and more jRO gears.

A lot of MVP's can already be one shotted or killed in less than 30 seconds, it doesn't really make a difference since there is nothing really hard in this game (you are just saving time if you choose Penetration).

Some people can see Penetration as something OP but most players in this game doesn't really care about broken stuff and i would rather get something broken from kRO than jRO (at least it was made for our RO Version)

Anyway,it's just like Unfrozen, if they want to, they are going to put in and f** player opinions and game balance.

#47 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Until we receive more and more jRO gears.

A lot of MVP's can already be one shotted or killed in less than 30 seconds, it doesn't really make a difference since there is nothing really hard in this game (you are just saving time if you choose Penetration).

Some people can see Penetration as something OP but most players in this game doesn't really care about broken stuff and i would rather get something broken from kRO than jRO (at least it was made for our RO Version)

Anyway,it's just like Unfrozen, if they want to, they are going to put in and f** player opinions and game balance.

Yeah they can, but Penetration/Tempest sets still take what are otherwise subpar slots for what is a crazy effect so it does matter. jRO gears maybe OP as -_- but at least they take actual gear slots. As stupid as they are, they at least tick one -_- balance box.

And yeah they can, but hopefully they will stay true to their word and never implement them or any other -_- sets. So many ways that you could make shadow sets useful without disturbing the entire fooking game :X

#48 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yeah they can, but Penetration/Tempest sets still take what are otherwise subpar slots for what is a crazy effect so it does matter. jRO gears maybe OP as -_- but at least they take actual gear slots. As stupid as they are, they at least tick one -_- balance box.

And yeah they can, but hopefully they will stay true to their word and never implement them or any other -_- sets. So many ways that you could make shadow sets useful without disturbing the entire fooking game :X

Seraphim takes 1 slot to give 250 ATK (requires 120 INT), mid slot is basically nothing and 120 INT is useful for some classes and also required to get IC.

But well, let's see if they are going to fulfill their promise. I hope so

#49 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Just for the record, I'm against the Seraphim of Seraphone piece as well (though I hesitantly expect it to arrive regardless).

I was also against the Mob Scarf. 

I'm partially ok with stuff like Tengu since it occupies two slots and requires a stat commitment (though the leech effect seems bizarre and unnecessary). 

I still would much rather interesting shadowsets like the class ones that buff a specific skill rather than generic MVP card effects.  

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Seraphim takes 1 slot to give 250 ATK (requires 120 INT), mid slot is basically nothing and 120 INT is useful for some classes and also required to get IC.

But well, let's see if they are going to fulfill their promise. I hope so

Seraphim still does have the 120 INT drawback, obviously Genes will have it easy but other classes do need to make sacrifices in place of other damage areas. A mid slot is not nothing these days now though, Mob Scarf combo and Tengu combo are both really powerful mid headgears and depending on your build will beat the seraphim hands down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users