Community Created Headgears Final Review - Page 4 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Community Created Headgears Final Review

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#76 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Earth drive boosts sounds good, could it boost moon slasher damage too? 

#77 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

I'd rather see wind cutter+sonic wave. IB is in a good spot already(has always been ) and you can boost it early if you have access to seyren cards

#78 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

If people don’t think that it’s too much, I would prefer having the wind cutter and sonic wave version. Simply so the headgear stays fully relevant for viable alternative play styles when there is old rune circlet.

edit: for physical doram, maybe help them out a little in the aoe department? They are extremely op in single dps, but damage boost in lunatic carrot beat could help them in leveling and clearing mobs. Something like +30% or +50 carrot beat damage.

Hopefully more RK's can comment on the matter. As for Carrot Beat, I would do something with the attacks per second portion since you can get damage from the set as a whole.

Earth drive boosts sounds good, could it boost moon slasher damage too? 

Hard to say, we keep putting multiple skills on these hats. Granted as long as it makes things fun, diverse or useful then yeah :U

I'd rather see wind cutter+sonic wave. IB is in a good spot already(has always been ) and you can boost it early if you have access to seyren cards

Yeah that makes sense, also htfu and suggest something for Kage/Obo :U

Edited by Nirvanna21, 08 December 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#79 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

7th Wind Hat [1]

Fixes all the K/O skill bugs.

Lvl req:100

:T

#80 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:39 AM

Ideas for Rebel and Doram

NAME TBD Rebel Hat

Atk - 150
Increases the damage of ^0000FFSlug Shot^000000 by 30%.
If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFSlug Shot^000000 by 50%.

Boost slug shot, nullifies the boost from Platinum Altar.

Human Ear Beret

Max HP + 10%

Max SP + 10%

Reduces the fixed casting time of ^0000FFSilvervine Stem Spear^000000 by 100%, if ^0000FFSpirit of Land^000000 is at maximum level.
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFLunatic Carrot Beat^000000 by 5 seconds, if ^0000FFSpirit of Life^000000 is at maximum level.

Increases the recovery rate of ^0000FFFresh Shrimp^000000 by 200%, if ^0000FFSpirit of Sea^000000 is at maximum level.

Build enabling buffs providing the user has reached the end of a specific tree.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 08 December 2017 - 01:43 AM.

#81 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:50 AM

isnt slug shot already disgustingly strong :x

#82 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

isnt slug shot already disgustingly strong :x

To be fair all are :U But Slug Shot comes at the risk of needing to face tank, because it doesn't use a traditional hit modifier.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 08 December 2017 - 01:53 AM.

#83 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

how about; When using Full Blast, there's a X%(20 ish?) chance to autocast Slug Shot at learned lvl. Full Blast damage +100%(dont remove the aftercast delay).

and similar effects for other skills

#84 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

how about; When using Full Blast, there's a X%(20 ish?) chance to autocast Slug Shot at learned lvl. Full Blast damage +100%(dont remove the aftercast delay).

and similar effects for other skills

Hmm, sounds like a nice idea :U

NAME TBD Rebel Hat
Increases the damage of ^0000FFFull Blast^000000 by 100%.

Immune to ^800000Blind^000000.
Adds a 20% chance of casting ^0000FFLevel 1 Slug Shot^000000 on the target when using ^0000FFFull Blast^000000, if a higher level of this skill is known, it will be cast instead.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 08 December 2017 - 02:07 AM.

#85 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

ninjas have too many playstyles :x would need like 2~3 hats (or one with a fknig gigantic list of effects lol)

#86 meistergreen

meistergreen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:14 AM

What about Abnormal Black Magician Hat???

#87 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

Hi All

This is pertaining to the community created headgear from a long way back.

It has been a long time coming but there may possibly be a chance for them to be looked at before the end of the year, but I use the word chance heavily because delays are always a thing.

I wanted to post the submissions I was going for, I would love some feedback. I will post why they were made the way they were under each one.

Divine Guard Hat
Increases the damage of ^0000FFEarth Drive^000000 by 15%.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Atk + 40
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFEarth Drive^000000 by 75%.
Reduces the cast delay delay of ^0000FFEarth Drive^000000 by 75%.
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFEarth Drive^000000 by 2.75 seconds.

Focuses on making Earth Drive spammable so that it can compete with other RG skills for both leveling and end game scenarios.

I'd rather to keep it focused on Ray of Genesis. As a long time RG player, even the introduction of T. Randel card and Anemos shield, ED still does bad damages and it is very limited and situational. Doesnt matter if it is instant or it has no cooldown. I believe people still wont use it. The reason is simple, to use ED you need mobs to gather around you, to hit you and take damages, and then your ED doesnt even hit over 150k even with 4 Randel cards (You forgo all Spear skills just to use 4 Randel cards in Valk hammer).

Compare to CS/OB, these two skills outperform ED in any means. Hit harder and faster and sexier. Not to mention, ED eats almost 100 SP each time at level 5. Most RGs will exhaust their SP in no time.

#88 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

I kinda spoke of on TS to make the RG hat kinda like a reflect hat, but it isnt very easy to pull it off without making some very absurd stuff :/ Earth Drive could work too i guess, removing the cast and delay of it.

^ I'd rather prefer the hat to do with Reflect to be honest.

#89 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

Ideas for Rebel and Doram

NAME TBD Rebel Hat

Atk - 150
Increases the damage of ^0000FFSlug Shot^000000 by 30%.
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFSlug Shot^000000 by 50%.

Boost slug shot, nullifies the boost from Platinum Altar.

For rebel class, since there are four main skill branches (rifle, revolver, shortgun and grenade launcher), my two cents thought here is make a general boost to all rebel build, like adding atk to 5%? or ranged atk to 5%? or aspd +1 or certain percent, etc when the hat is refined at +7 and below; and when refined to +9, increase ultimate skill damage/ skill cool-down? from each rebel build.

Eventually, the headgear should not be a certain skill/ build boost, similar like existing autumn headband. 

Edited by Yeoh900418, 08 December 2017 - 03:27 AM.

#90 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

1. Thesw hats arent designed to make a skill become the dominant one, having it be a viable alternative is enough. If ppl want to use it or not, is up to them.

2. Is VERY hard to make it reflecr focused in a way that focuses on RG capacity of doing so without making it extremely broken lol

#91 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

Adding some general boost to make it affect all the skills is kinda pointless since in that case you can just use a better general hat.

#92 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:45 AM

i disagree with slug shot being boosted. Community headgear is supposed to promote alternative playstyles and improve weaker aspects of classes. Slug shot is already the most power skill for rebel, it shouldn't be boosted at all, nor be auto-casted out for the huge damage it does. The idea of boosting fullblast and autocasting slugshot is essentially is like RKs auto-casting crush strike on a 20% chance when they use spiral pierce, and then further boosting spiral pierce damage by 100%. On 2 kiel carded players or under strings, it will turn into some disgusting amounts of DPS that will be even worse than anything we've seen to date. (2600% damage skill on aspd, possibly 7times a second, and then 20% chance for some 1-3m damage slugshot to appear). 

Instead of doing something so absurd to the already strongest weapon class for rebels, I suggest boosting other weapon classes of rebel, especially pistol. Even gatling is fine, such as reducing fire rain cooldown (from 6second to 4 or 3seconds for example). 

My suggestion is to consider boost any of these skills: Fire Rain(gatling), Fire Dance(pistol), Mass Spiral (rifle), and leave shotgun untouched.

Honestly, since rebels itself got a huge full buff from kRO to begin with, i do not recommend we do anything drastic with rebel headgears because it would turn their skills from OP to super OP. They already got fixed, we are currently in the dangerous process of turning them from great to absurd.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 08 December 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#93 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:53 AM

+1...

I would only worry about dumping the past Community headgears such as the WL's which I know people have multiple +13'd and with different cards. So I would make the 1.0 and the 2.0 versions of all headgears available for quests. 

These headgears should be for levelling since from 170 on Bio5 hats should prevail. So I liked what you did with the Sura, Ranger, Mecha, Shadow Chaser and physical Doram's headgears. It is pretty fun to watch jRO videos where Suras cast their combos without delay, it would make me want to do a Sura.

Genes are already OP and this hat is fine, should help those unable to pay for a +7 CHB.

#94 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

pistols are the highest damage rebels have '-'

#95 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

pistols are the highest damage rebels have '-'

About pistol tho, its their single DPS with QDS thats the highest damage, similar to physical doram with PP. Boosting firerain is like helping lunatic carrot on their AOE aspect, as long as its not overdone (maybe +30% tops).

Rebel is a hard thing to handle. They just got fixed with super strong skills on almost all weapons, so coming with a new community headgear for them that wont absolutely turn them further into monsters is hard. Don't rush to a decision on this class.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 08 December 2017 - 05:10 AM.

#96 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

Have you ever seen how hard Desperado can hit? lol

#97 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

absolutely not. I’m seeing just gatling and slugshot for days. You’re better off showing me videos.

However, If it’s that strong, then all the more take caution on what to boost on a rebel headgear when they just got insanely strong on official terms.

#98 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:25 AM

SS deals 12000~24000% depending on the target size every 5 seconds.

Desperado in the same 5 seconds window will deal 5500~55000% to everything in the AoE. If you use cast delay reduction/strings it can jump up to 38500~385000% since rebels/ninjas dont suffer from animation locking.

SS might be a nice skill for burst damage, but its sustained damage overall is on par/lower than even what the "bad" classes can pull off

Edited by Ashuckel, 08 December 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#99 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:34 AM

some of my ideas for Doram:

pom pom headband (imagine a pom pom like moggle):

for every refine level, all stats +1

for every 30 base vit, increase stoop duration by 1 second

for every 30 base str, reduce lunatic carrot beat cooldown by 1 second

for every 30 base dex, reduce fixed cast time of silvervine stem spear by 20%

for every 30 base agi, incease agi granted by arclouze dash by 5 and arclouze dash duration by 20 seconds

for every 30 base int, increase effectiveness of healing skills by 10%

for every 30 base luk, increase critical damage of soul attack by 5%

if refined to +9:

when mastered spirit of sea, increase effectiveness of healing skills by 10%

when mastered spirit of life, reduce lunatic carrot beat cooldown by 1 second

when mastered spirit of land, reduce fixed cast time of silvervine stem spear by 20%

Edited by fuyukikun, 08 December 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#100 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

SS deals 12000~24000% depending on the target size every 5 seconds.

Desperado in the same 5 seconds window will deal 5500~55000% to everything in the AoE. If you use cast delay reduction/strings it can jump up to 38500~385000% since rebels/ninjas dont suffer from animation locking.

SS might be a nice skill for burst damage, but its sustained damage overall is on par/lower than even what the "bad" classes can pull off

Slugshot is not a stand-alone skill. Rebels will be using shattering storm, vanishing buster, binding trap in addition to slug shot. The overall dps is huge as well.

Put that aside, and if desperado is also THAT strong, but ease down on BOTH of these. Focus on the rifle, gatling or/and cannon. That’s the whole point of community headgear. I don’t see a need for us to argue.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 08 December 2017 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users