Question about PC build to play DS - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about PC build to play DS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Imichi92

Imichi92

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:26 AM

Greetings!

After facing annoying FPS drop in BSQ, I decided to build a new PC by myself with the only goal is to play DS with 60 FPS all the time. I hope someone here can give me suggestions or experiences about the build.

Here is the build I'm planning to have:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4600. I heard that old games only use 2 processor cores so I think there's no need to have a Quad-Core one.

GPU: GTX 1060 3gb ddr5

Mainboard: any B250 one

RAM: Ballistix sport 2 x 4gb

Power Supply: 500W

The rest is clear.

My budget for everything inside the case is only 550€

Wondering if a 500W power supply is enough.

Also thinking if I should take the I3-8100 and Z370 Mainboard instead. Then I'll have to lower the budget for GPU and can only get GTX 1050. Wondering if GTX 1050 is enough to run DS without any FPS drop.

My friend is using one GTX 750ti and is also facing FPS drop when there are more than 25 players in BSQ.

Which GPU are you using and how is your experiences with FPS drop ?

Is a 2-core processor with hyper threading enough to run DS without any problem?

#2 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

I have a i7 7700HQ as CPU and GTX 1050 as GPU. I can play with 60fps everywhere, but my FPS rate goes down in crowded BSQ.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

BSQ's problem is mainly the mass of Summoners (and Invokers). But mainly the summoners because of their high amount of summons and particles when using helix shot in combination with an old an rather unoptimized game engine. The former devs were not thinking about consequences when spawning a lot of particles and bone-rigged summons together on one screen.

Generally you can say the more players are doing effects (like shoot particles, summons, skill effects) are on the screen the higher the possibility is that you encounter FPS drops.

You can also notice that behavior at PoW: The more players are standing around the more FPS drops you encounter and if they are doing things like casting skills, taking out summons, etc. the FPS drops are getting worse.

Dragon Saga is a DirectX9 based game and DirectX 9 - differently from DX10 or DX11 - suffers a lot from a high number of so called Draw Calls. This could be optimized a bit by using instancing but must be done on Game Engine's end.

Long story short: You can have a $3000 High-End-Over-PC and you would suffer from those FPS drops in BSQ.

#4 Imichi92

Imichi92

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for your answer everyone

BSQ's problem is mainly the mass of Summoners (and Invokers). But mainly the summoners because of their high amount of summons and particles when using helix shot in combination with an old an rather unoptimized game engine. The former devs were not thinking about consequences when spawning a lot of particles and bone-rigged summons together on one screen.

Generally you can say the more players are doing effects (like shoot particles, summons, skill effects) are on the screen the higher the possibility is that you encounter FPS drops.

You can also notice that behavior at PoW: The more players are standing around the more FPS drops you encounter and if they are doing things like casting skills, taking out summons, etc. the FPS drops are getting worse.

Dragon Saga is a DirectX9 based game and DirectX 9 - differently from DX10 or DX11 - suffers a lot from a high number of so called Draw Calls. This could be optimized a bit by using instancing but must be done on Game Engine's end.

Long story short: You can have a $3000 High-End-Over-PC and you would suffer from those FPS drops in BSQ.

And how about the CPU. Can that Pentium g4600 handle this game without problems ?

#5 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

i got a I7 4470k 3.5Ghz x8 (the game might only be using 2 core or just 1 hard to know, but for sure it not using 8)

14GB DDr3  rams  (the rams will only make you play longer before the game eat them all and make the game crash) > AFK POW crash xD for inactive for to long

Zotac Nvidia 1080 Ti ''12GB DDr5''

1000W Power supply Gold

Like popcorn  says. you can have a 3k $ PC and still lag. The game it self don't need monster PC to be played with a good FPS but the game is not optimize.

I can play any game in 4k ultra graphic and still lag when playing Dragon Saga :p_hi:

If you want to know if your hardware can handle the game just go and check the recommended on the web site. Here : http://www.playdrago...ntdownload.aspx

And make sure you driver are up to date like > Direct X

Edited by zirothos, 04 January 2018 - 07:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users