#1 Berkaya

Berkaya

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

Well population was around 4-5k 2 weeks ago,

2-2.5k last week,

now 1.5k ? I know gms are banning some bots etc but really missing 3k population in 2 weeks is something.

Sup ?

#2 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

They're all bots. THIS is the real population.

#3 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

However, there are also rarely parties at CTHOs, West Orc Village, Anolians, Anubis anymore.

#4 iCS2PDPPL

iCS2PDPPL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

Its because botter's main account was suspended as well. 

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Or is it because people who bot quit? 

#6 Telf

Telf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

However, there are also rarely parties at CTHOs, West Orc Village, Anolians, Anubis anymore.

true , those population were all bots

Plus: parties are pretty much dead too, only in those places u mentioned *sigh*

I solo at Chivalry 1/2, and Pasana Map

#7 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

Also keep in mind a lot of people are starting to 99, MVP are camped to hell, so not much end game to do at the moment. Oh and Christmas is a busy time for everyone :)

Edited by Navy, 07 December 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#8 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

the actual population is less than 1500 (counting vends) they miss alot of bots.

Edited by Kerbera, 07 December 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#9 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

The re:start population reminds me the early times of the classic server.

BxFIcpx.png

#10 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

GMs/CMs have on multiple occasions stated that population number does not include vendors. You have to have changed maps recently to be included in the count. Therefore bots are actually more likely to end up included in the server population number than real players....

So it's a great indicator of how many bots are currently online! And it's going down!

#11 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

Vendors shouldnt be counted.

There are less then 500 active players online at one given time. Numbers double on WOE day. And drop back down a few hours after.

I don't know how WP turns a profit on restart after they pay staff/bills.

Start a fresh server with little to no bots, you will see real player population double. All we want is a fair competitive server without a bunch of bots, illegal rmt, and p2w crap.

#12 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

This makes me so sad.

I find it difficult to find the motivation to log in because of the population decline.

Then I look at a server that has just been opened and they have an anti-cheat system in place since day one.

Their population is sitting around 2k players.

We are supposed to see the population grow but it has done nothing but decline.

How is a player supposed to respond to a new server that shows no sign in population growth?

Spend more money?

#13 3915140302085345760

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Chaos,odin

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

I would rather play a server with 500-1000 legit players even if it doesn't have the visual appeal of 3k-4k players it's better this way.

#14 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

^ So what your saying is that there was not over 1000 players when the server opened?

I think your wrong if you don't think that the player base has declined significantly since the launch of Restart.

We all know more population means more competition. Isn't that what we wanted from this server in the first place?

My point was that the population should be growing not declining. I think we both know why it has gone this way.

#15 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

^ The same thing happened with the Classic Loki server, they implemented new stuff too quickly so those that were ahead managed to get further ahead while those that were behind couldn't catch up.

WoE for example, probably also way too soon trans classes where the normal server population still struggles to get past lv 85 and the "elites" already have like 99999 alt chars they leeched up to level 99 with their mains. Crying on the forums how the game got "boring" and they need new stuff, making WP push new updates even faster.

All that happened already and it'll happen again most likely.

#16 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

It is funny that you say level 85 when that is the same level my monk is stuck at.

Right now I have a choice. I can either spend the money to get it to level 99 or I can realize what this has all come down to.

Advice to WP: If I wanted to turn things around, I would focus on WoE. The more appealing this becomes it will not matter how bad bots are, how often we get RTM spammed and even how bad you do your job. The only thing we care about is the health of WoE. Without that there is nothing.

Edited by mattxor, 08 December 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#17 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Really? Because I'm having a blast farming outside of WoE.

Also, if that's an Asura monk, it's either leech or Anubis. You're stuck because you're not doing anything about it.

My only wish is for WP to wipe the streets of pront of those RMT spammers so we can take back our general chat. Disabling the Raffler announcement is a right step into that direction.

#18 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Oh come on now dont defend how this server was ran from the start. There is no fun farming a dead server. Youre just kidding yourself otherwise, happy to be a big fish in a smal pond.

It was an ROREPEAT. Nothing new just the same old milk cash shop. Watch it spike and die in the less then a year. 

We want something that will grow slow and stick around for a couple years. Without mad corruption. And we're more then willing for it to be VIP only.

#19 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Suggestions have been made before to increase party play on maps other than GD and/or leveling with knights, but these changes seem to be always overlooked.

#20 syaka

syaka

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

Oh come on now dont defend how this server was ran from the start. There is no fun farming a dead server. Youre just kidding yourself otherwise, happy to be a big fish in a smal pond.

It was an ROREPEAT. Nothing new just the same old milk cash shop. Watch it spike and die in the less then a year. 

We want something that will grow slow and stick around for a couple years. Without mad corruption. And we're more then willing for it to be VIP only.

they should make a server that VIP only, im willing to spend money on that pay to play, play to win, i think thats the solution of bot too. i wonder if this has been discussed already

Edited by syaka, 08 December 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#21 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

wasn't here from the start, literally started playing less than a month ago. not defending anyone, just my 2 cents :)

met some good people, a good guild, had my fair share of nostalgia - I'm happy :)

If this server goes belly up by next year then so be it, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. We'll just move to a new server or game even.

#22 CodeJerry

CodeJerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

they should make a server that VIP only, im willing to spend money on that pay to play, play to win, i think thats the solution of bot too. i wonder if this has been discussed already

You do know that hackers can get past any paywall to play a game. I mean if blizzard cant deal with bots. How do you expect wp team to? 

#23 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

You do know that hackers can get past any paywall to play a game. I mean if blizzard cant deal with bots. How do you expect wp team to? 

Gold seller usually make more then it cost to pay a sub fee

#24 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

I would have to say we are stuck with what we have now and this is the perfect time to give our suggestions.

I gave my suggestion and that was to focus on WoE.

I could not coun't the amount of WoE suggestions that Chaos has received. It would be a good place to start.

Regardless of how things look right now, it does not mean that I am not still excited for what is ahead.

What would everyone's suggestions be to increase the population of our server that is still new before trans class is released?

#25 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

On a subscription only server @ $15 per month every bot they ban that comes back is a sweet $15 in WP pocket. This method is the bot farmers worst nightmare, having to put money up front hoping that they can bot for multiple days and find a seller.

Spam bots become non existant, no bot farmer will pay up front to advertise in prontera.

This way they don't have to sell out with tons of cashshop items to make profit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users